IGNOU International Students Admission 2020 is managed by International Division of Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi. IGNOU has announced the admission for its Distance Education programmes for the International Students for the academic year 2020-2021. The IGNOU International Division looks after the International operations of the University. The International Division takes care of the global/ international tasks of the University. The Division was set up on 16 October 1997 as a Cell and was moved up to the status of full-fledged Division in 2002. Candidates may check the whole article for complete details regarding the IGNOU International Students Admission 2020.
IGNOU International Students Admission 2020
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) International Students admission Prospectus 2020 have all the information about procedures of admission, courses, syllabus, Application forms, Internal credit transfer schemes etc. The Prospectus Downloadable link is given below.
Ongoing Application Forms - 2020
What are the objectives of the International Division?
Following are the main objectives of IGNOU International Division:
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about IGNOU International Students Admission 2020: Application Process - Admissions
- It helps in promoting IGNOU Programmes outside India.
- Establishment of bilateral and multilateral cooperation and exchanges.
- Offering IGNOU course material to foreign institutions/ universities.
- Coordinating the training programmes for the personnel of Open Universities/ Institutes outside India.
- Consultancies to newly established universities/ institutions outside India.
- Coordination of International programmes with the regional and international agencies.
- Providing pedagogical and technological support to overseas centres.
How to Apply for IGNOU International Admission 2020?
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers about 60 academic programmes to its Overseas/ FSRI students and the admission for these courses has been started on 05 December 2019. The candidates can check the below given steps to check the application as well as admission procedure for International Students:
- International Students/ Foreigner can take the admission in IGNOU through Overseas Study Centers or any Regional Centres of India.
- The students have to produce the valid study visa for the minimal duration of the course to the regional centre of IGNOU.
- If the student belongs to Nepal and Bhutan than he/she should not submit the visa to IGNOU.
- The student must possess the equal education qualification required for the admission in preferred course at IGNOU.
- Also, students have to submit the no objection certificate from the concerned embassy.
Instruction for IGNOU Application Form for International Students
- Candidates must fill the application form very carefully as change in category code will not be entertained after the submission of application form.
- Fill all the details asked in the application form correctly, else the application will be rejected by the authority.
- Pay the requisite amount of application fee either through Pay Order or Demand Draft.
- Request for refund of application fee once paid will not be entertained by the authority of IGNOU.
- Submit the application form with along with the scanned copy of required documents.
NOTE: The students should write the name in the application form same as mentioned in the Higher Secondary or 10+2 certificate. If in case, the name written other than the one mentioned in 10+2 certificate/ marksheets, then they have to submit the legal evidence along with the admission form.
Documents need to be submitted along with the IGNOU Application Form for International Admission
Students have to enclosed the following ‘Self Attested’ documents:
- Certificates in support of educational qualification(s) i.e. semester-wise/year wise marksheets and Provisional/Degree Certificates, Besides, if candidates are applying for MCA and have studied Mathematics at 10+2/ graduation level than they have to attach the marks sheet as proof.
- Experience certificate (if required).
- Age certificate (if required).
- Student Card duly filled in along with photograph.
- Copy of Passport
- Copy of Visa
- Latest No Objection Certificate from the concerned Embassy in India (only for FSRI).
- Proof of residence of the candidate in India (only for FSRI)
- Translated copy of educational certificates wherever the same are other than in English/Hindi, duly attested by concerned Embassy.
- Proof of residence of the candidate registered from the concerned Overseas Study Centres.
- Migration/Transfer Certificates from the last University/Board attended wherever required.
Along with the above-mentioned documents candidates have to attach the Pay Order/ Demand Draft for FSRI/ for the Programme Fee/Fee for the first year or Semester. They have to mentioned their name, programme code and application number on the reverse of the Demand Draft, issued by the bank.
Courses Offered for International Students
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers various Master’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree, Certificate and Diploma programmes through Overseas Study Centres and Foreign Students Residing in India (FSRI). Check the list of courses mentioned below in detail:
Master’s Degree Programmes:
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
- Master of Arts (Rural Development) (MARD)
- Master of Tourism and Travel Management (MTTM)
- Master of Arts (Education) (MAEDU)
- Master of Arts (English) (MEG)
- Master of Arts (Hindi) (MHD)
- Master of Social Work (MSW)
- Master of Arts (Economics) (MEC)
- Master of Arts (History) (MAH)
- Master of Arts (Political Science) (MPS)
- Master of Arts (Public Administration) (MPA)
- Master of Arts (Sociology) (MSO)
- Master of Library and Information Sciences (MLIS)
- Master of Arts (Distance Education) (MADE)
- Master of Commerce (MCOM)
- Master of Commerce in Finance and Taxation M.COM (F & T)
- Management programme (MBA) (MBA, Direct Entry in PGDHRM, PGDFM, PGDMM, PGDOM, PGDFMP)
- Master of Business Administration (Banking and Finance)
Bachelor’s Degree Programmes
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
- Bachelor of Commerce with Major in Accountancy and Finance (B.COM A & F)
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW)
- Bachelor of Library and Information Sciences (BLIS)
- Bachelor of Arts (Tourism Studies) (BTS)
- Sc. Nursing (Post Basic) (BSCN) (For FSRI only)
- Bachelor’s Preparatory Programme (BPP) (on hold)
- Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education (DECE)
- Diploma in Nutrition & Health Education (DNHE)
- Diploma in Tourism Studies (DTS)
- Diploma in Creative Writing in English (DCE)
- Diploma in HIV and Family Education (DAFE)
- Diploma in Women’s Empowerment and Development (DWED)
- Diploma in Value Added Products from Fruits and Vegetables (DVAPFV) (offered only in July Session)
- Diploma in Production of value-added Products from Cereals, Pulses and Oilseeds (DPVCPO) (offered only in July Session)
Post Graduate Diploma Programmes
- Post Graduate Diploma in Disaster Management (PGDDM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Development (PGDRD)
- Post Graduate Diploma in International Business Operations (PGDIBO)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Environment and Sustainable Development (PGDESD)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication (PGJMC)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Higher Education (PGDHE)
- Post Graduate Diploma in School Leadership and Management (PGDSLM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Rights (PGDIPR)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Hospital and Health Management (PGDHHM) (offered only in January Session) (For FSRI only)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Maternal and Child Health (PGDMCH) (offered only in January Session) (For FSRI only)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application (PGDCA)
- Certificate in Disaster Management (CDM)
- Certificate in Environmental Studies (CES)
- Certificate in Teaching of English as a Second Language (CTE)
- Certificate in HIV and Family Education (CAFE)
- Certificate in Health Care Waste Management (CHCWM) (For FSRI only)
- Certificate in Tourism Studies (CTS)
- Certificate in Food and Nutrition (CFN)
- Certificate in Nutrition and Child Care (CNCC)
- Certificate in Rural Development (CRD)
- Certificate in Human Rights (CHR)
- Certificate in Consumer Protection (CCP)
- Certificate in Guidance (CIG)
- Certificate Programme in Laboratory Techniques (CPLT) (For FSRI only)
- Certificate in Teaching of Primary School Mathematics (CTPM) (For FSRI only) (offered only in July Session)
Foreign Students Residing in India (FSRI)
As per prospectus, The foreign nationals (FSRI :Foreign Students Residing in India) are advised to visit INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS section of the IGNOU website (www.ignou.ac.in) for the programmes on offer for them; programme fee and other fees applicable for them. They may contact International Division of the University at the headquarters for more details.
Following are the programmes that are on offer only for Foreign Students Residing in India (FSRIs) and not on offer for students registering from Overseas Study Centres:
- A (Hons.) (Psychology) and B.Sc. (Hons.) (Anthropology)
- BAG (Psychology) (for FSRI only)
- Sc. Bachelor of Science
- SC. Nursing (Post Basic)
- PGDHHM: Post-Graduate Diploma in Hospital and Health Management (Offered in January Session only)
- PGDMCH: Post-Graduate Diploma in Maternal and Child Health (Offered in January Session only)
- CHCWM: Certificate Programme in Health Care Waste Management
- CPLT: Certificate Programme in Laboratory Techniques
- CTPM: Certificate Programme in Teaching of Primary School Mathematics (Offered in July Session only)
IGNOU Programme Duration: IGNOU International Students Admission 2020
Check the duration period of each programme offered by IGNOU:
|Programs||Minimum Duration||Maximum Duration||Re-admission validity after expiry of Maximum Duration|
|Certificate Programs||6 months||2 years||6 months|
|Diploma/PG Diploma Programs and all other Programs* with one-year duration||1 year||4 years||1 year|
|Bachelor’s Degree Programs||3 years||6 years||3 years|
|Master’s Degree Programs||2 years||5 years||2 years|
IGNOU Fee Structure for International Students
Programme-wise fee structure of Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) for International Students is mentioned in a table below:
Master’s Degree Fee Structure:
|SN||Program||Program Code||SAARC Countries (In Rs)||Other than
|1.||Master of Computer Applications||MCA||22500 Per Semester||1500
|2.||Master of Arts (Rural Development)||MARD||16500 Per Year||1350 Per Year|
|3.||Master of Arts
(Tourism & Travel Management)
|MTTM||Category-I 16500 Per Year||Category-I 1350 Per Year|
24000 for 1st year
16500 for 2nd year
1950 1st year
1350 2nd Year
|4.||Master of Arts (English)||MEG||16500 Per Year||1350 Per Year|
|5.||Master of Arts (Hindi)||MHD||16500 Per Year||1350 Per Year|
|6.||Master of Arts (Social Work)||MSW||16500 Per Year||1350 Per Year|
|7.||Master of Arts (Education)||MAEDU||16500 Per Year||1350 Per Year|
|8.||Master of Arts (Economics)||MEC||16500 Per Year||1350 Per Year|
|9.||Master of Arts (History)||MAH||16500 Per Year||1350 Per Year|
|10.||Master of Arts (Political Science)||MPS||16500 Per Year||1350 Per Year|
|11.||Master of Arts
|MPA||16500 Per Year||1350 Per Year|
|12.||Master of Arts (Sociology)||MSO||16500 Per Year||1350 Per Year|
|13.||Master of Library and Information Science||MLIS||35250||1500|
|14.||Master of Arts (Distance Education)||MADE||9000 Per Year||1500 Per Year|
|15.||Master of Commerce||MCOM||16500 Per Year||1350 Per Year|
|16.||Master of Commerce (Finance & Taxation)||MCOM
|17.||Master of Business Administration (Direct Entry in PGHRM, PGDFM, PGDMM, PGDOM, PGDFMP)||MBA||4500 Per Course||375 Per Course|
|18.||Master of Business Administration (Banking & Finance)||MBF||4500 Per Course||375 Per Course|
Bachelor’s Degree Programs Fees
|Program||Program Code||SAARC Countries (In Rs)||Other than
|1.||Bachelor of Computer Application||BCA||18000 PER SEMESTER||1500 PER SEMESTER|
|2.||Bachelor of Commerce with Major in Accountancy & Finance||
B.Com. (A & F)
|3.||Bachelor of Work Social||BSW||10500
|4.||Bachelor of Library and Information Science||BLIS||22500||1500|
|5.||Bachelor of Arts (Tourism Studies)||BTS||10500 Per Year||750
|CBCS Based Bachelor Degree Programmes|
|6.||Bachelor of Arts||BAG||10500 Per Year||750
|7.||Bachelor of Commerce||BCOMG||10500 Per Year||750
|8.||Bachelor of Science||BSCG||15000 Per Year||1125 Per Year|
Certificate Programme Fees
|SN.||Program||Program Code||SAARC Countries (In Rs)||Other than
|1.||Certificate in Disaster Management||CDM||7500||600|
|2.||Certificate in Environmental Studies||CES||7500||600|
|3.||Certificate in Teaching of English as a Second Language||CTE||7500||600|
|4.||Certificate in HIV and Family Education||CAFÉ||7500||600|
|5.||Certificate in Health Care Waste Management||CHCWM||7500||600|
|6.||Certificate in Tourism Studies||CTS||7500||600|
|7.||Certificate in Food and Nutrition||CFN||7500||600|
|8.||Certificate in Nutrition and Child Care||CNCC||7500||600|
|9.||Certificate in Rural Development||CRD||7500||600|
|10.||Certificate in Human Rights||CHR||7500||600|
|11.||Certificate in Consumer Protection||CCP||7500||600|
|12.||Certificate in Guidance||CIG||7500||600|
|13.||Certificate Programme in Laboratory Programmes*||CPLT||7500||600|
|14.||Certificate Programme in Teaching of Primary Mathematics (Offered only in July Session)||CTPM||7500||600|
Post Graduate Diploma and Diploma Programmes
|Program Code||SAARC Countries (In Rs)||Other than
|1.||Post Graduate Diploma in Disaster Management||PGDDM||22500||1500|
|2.||Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Development||PGDRD||22500||1500|
|3.||Post Graduate Diploma in International Business Operations||PGDIBO||22500||1500|
|4.||Post Graduate Diploma in International Business Operations||PGDESD||22500||1500|
|5.||Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication||PGJMC||22500||1500|
|6.||Post Graduate Diploma in Higher Education||PGDHE||22500||1500|
|7.||Post Graduate Diploma in School Leadership and Management||PGDSLM||22500||1500|
|8.||Post Graduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Rights||PGDIPR||22500||1500|
|9.||Post Graduate Diploma in Hospital and Health Management *
(Offered only in July Session)
|10.||Post Graduate Diploma in Maternal and Child Health *
(Offered only in July Session)
|11.||Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education||DECE||15000||1125|
|12.||Diploma in Nutrition & Health Education||DNHE||15000||1125|
|13.||Diploma in Tourism Studies||DTS||15000||1125|
|14.||Diploma in Creative Writing in English||DCE||15000||1125|
|15.||Diploma in HIV and Family Education||DAFE||15000||1125|
|16.||Diploma in Women’s Empowerment and Development||DWED||15000||1125|
|17.||Diploma in Value Added Products from Fruits and Vegetables (Offered only in July Session)||DVAPFV||48000||3825|
|18.||Diploma in Production of Value-added Products from Cereals, Pulses and Oilseeds (Offered only in July Session)||DPVCPO||45000||3510|
*Programmes on offer for Foreign Students Residing in India (FSRI) students only.
IGNOU Admission 2020 for International Students – Application Process
Students can register themselves either through Overseas Study Centres or through Regional Centres as Foreign Students Residing in India for the admission in IGNOU.
The candidates can download the application form available on the official website for the admission into all the programmes except B.A. (Hons.), B.Sc. (Hons.) Anthropology and PGDCA (Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application).
The students have to apply through the updated application form (attached) for the Bachelor’s Degree Programme (Honours) that are mentioned below and Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application (PGDCA):
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Economics (BAECH)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) History (BAHIH)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Political Science (BAPSH)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Psychology (BAECH) * ONLY FOR FSRI
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Public Administration (BAPAH)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Sociology (BASOH)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Anthropology (BSCANH) * ONLY FOR FSRI
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) English (BAEGH)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Hindi (BAHDH)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application (PGDCA)
Official website: www.ignou.ac.in