UPTET 2020 is also known as Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test 2020. UPBEB (Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board) conducts UPTET exam. This is a state-level exam for the conducted once a year for recruitment of teachers in various schools of Uttar Pradesh. The recruitment is for primary(classes I to V) and upper primary (classes VI to VIII) UPTET examination will take place at 2070 centres. More than Seventeen lakhs students would be appearing in the exam. Interested candidate can go through the whole article for detailed information regarding UPTET 2020 exam like dates, eligibility, application form, syllabus etc..
21 May 2020: UPTET 2020 Notification will release in October 2020 by the authority.
Ongoing Application Forms - 2020
UPES Management Entrance Test
MIT ADT University Pune Admission 2020
GD Goenka University Admission 2020
Amity Joint Entrance Examination 2020
VijayBhoomi University, Mumbai Admission 2020
KIIT University Admission 2020
UPES Design Aptitude Test
GNIOT, Noida Admission 2020
BML Munjal University Admission 2020
LPU Admissions 2020
Thapar University Admission 2020
DIT University Admission 2020
REVA University Admission 2020
Shoolini University Admission 2020
PIET Panipat Admission 2020
Vel Tech Admissions 2020
Manav Rachna University
UPTET 2020 Important Dates
Important dates of Uttar Pradesh TET 2020 is mentioned in the table below.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about UPTET 2020: Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility Criteria - Admissions
|UPTET 2020 Events||Dates|
||Last week of October 2020
|Application Form availability date||First week of November 2020|
|Application Form submission last date||Third week of November 2020|
|Application Fee last date||Third week of November 2020|
|Application Form print out||Third week of November 2020|
|Admit Card release date||First week of January 2021
|Mock Test Release date||Last week of December 2020|
|UPTET 2020 Exam date||Second week of January 2021
|Answer Key release date||Third week of January 2021|
|Answer Key Objection||Third week of January 2021
|Revised Answer Key||Last week of January 2021|
|Result declaration date||Second week of February 2021|
These are the tentative dates based on UPTET 2019 Exam. The authority will soon release the dates.
UPTET 2020 Application Form
The detailed information regarding UPTET Application form 2020 is given below:
- UPTET application form will be released in the first week of November 2020.
- The authority will release the application form in online mode.
- Candidates can fill the application form through the official website.
- The last date to fill the complete application form is the third week of November 2020.
- Candidates may fill the details as per the guidelines.
- Moreover, the candidate may keep a copy of the filled application form for further use.
Steps to fill UPTET form Online are as follows :
- Candidates must need to register themselves on the official website of UPBEB i.e. https://updeled.gov.in
- Registration fields marked with ‘*’ are mandatory to be filled and cannot be left blank.
- Candidates need to fill their details such as name, educational qualifications, personal details and various details asked in the online form.
- Selecting the district at the time of UPTET Registration is important from which candidate wants to appear.
- Candidate needs to mention the photo identity proof as well as its ID number at the time of UPTET Registration.
UPTET 2020 Application Fee
The vital information regarding UPTET 2020 Application form is given below:
- Payment needs to be done after the UPTET Registration.
- Fees can be paid through both online and offline mode.
- Following are the online payment options: SBI Internet Banking / Credit Cards / Debit Cards / Net banking facility of other banks.
- Offline payment can be done by taking a print out of e-challan of SBI bank slip.
- The fee structure of UPTET for candidates from different categories is mentioned below :
|Paper 1 or Paper 2||Both Paper|
|General Category, Other Backward Category (OBC)||Rs 600/-||Rs 1200/-|
|Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST)||Rs 400/-||Rs 800/-|
|PWD||Rs 100/-||Rs 200/-|
Uploading of Documents
- After the payment is done, a candidate needs to scan and upload all the necessary documents online.
- Documents include the recent photograph, mark sheet of intermediate and eligibility proof.
- For those Candidates who are seeking for reservation need to upload the required set of certificates/ documents before the closing date.
- After the UPTET Fee payment, mention the Registration Number, Date of Birth, and Transaction ID/Journal Number (provided by the bank) on the online form and submit the UPTET Form.
Printing of Application Form
- After the final submission of the online form, the registration no. and password will be generated.
- This registration number and password will be required to log in.
- The application form will be displayed on the screen. Download and take the print out of the application form for future reference.
- UPTET candidates can apply for either PGT or TGT posts. Separate UPTET application form needs to be filled if the candidate is willing to apply for both the posts.
The inability of bringing the mentioned ID card by the candidate at the time of UPTET Exam will not let the candidate appear for the exam.
UPTET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
There are two sets of applicants, for both the eligibility criteria is mentioned below:
Qualification of Primary Teachers for Class 1st to 5th
The eligibility criteria of Primary Teachers for Class 1st to 5th is given below:
- Minimum of 50% marks in the intermediate examination is required.
- Candidates who have completed their graduation or are studying in 2nd year of BTC (Basic Training Certificate), from an institute affiliated to NCTE (National Council for Teacher Education) are eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have completed their graduation or are pursuing D.Ed final year from an institute recognized by RCI (Rehabilitation Council of India) are eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have completed their graduation or are pursuing BTC 2nd year (Urdu) from an institute affiliated to NCTE are eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have completed their graduation or are in the final year of Diploma in Teaching from Aligarh Muslim University are eligible to apply
- For Teaching Urdu, Candidates who have completed their graduation or are Moa’llim-e-Urdu degree holders from Aligarh Muslim University before August 11, 1997, are eligible to apply.
- Final year students of B.EL.ED is also eligible to apply.
Qualification of Primary Teachers for Class 6th to 8th
The eligibility criteria of Primary Teachers for Class 6th to 8th is given below:
- Minimum 50% of marks in the intermediate examination is required to apply for UPTET.
- Candidates who have completed their graduation or are studying in BTC 2nd year from an institute affiliated to NCTE are eligible to apply
- Candidates who have completed their graduation/ post-graduation with a minimum of 50% marks or those who have passed or are currently studying in 2nd year of B.Ed from an institute affiliated to NCTE are eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have completed their graduation/ post-graduation with a minimum of 50% marks or those who have passed or currently studying in 2nd year of L.T. from an institute affiliated to NCTE are eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have completed their graduation/ post-graduation with a minimum of 50% marks or those who have passed or currently studying in 2nd year of B.Ed (Specialization) from an institute affiliated to RCI are eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have scored 50% of marks in intermediate and are currently studying in the final year or passed B.Ed are eligible to apply.
- Candidates who are currently studying in the final year or passed B.S.C.Ed is eligible to apply.
- Candidates who are currently studying in the final year or passed B.EL.ED are eligible to apply.
Age Limit: Category Wise
Candidate’s age must be between 18 to 35 Years. As per the norms prescribed by the government following would be the age relaxation for reserved categories.
UPTET Eligibility Certificate
Candidate can take the eligibility certificate from the district education board by providing them with a copy of the UPTET Admit Card and Photo Identity Card. It is valid for 5 years.
- Qualified UPTET students can apply for the teaching post in schools of Uttar Pradesh, by providing the eligibility certificate.
- Those candidates who have lost their UPTET Eligibility Certificate can acquire the second copy of the UPTET Eligibility Certificate by paying an amount of INR 300 through DD (Demand Draft) payable drawn in favour of “Secretary, Examination Controller Officer” payable at Allahabad.
- Following documents will be required to get the second copy of UPTET Eligibility Certificate:
- Tenth class mark-sheet
- UPTET Admit Card
- Caste Certificate
- PH Certificate
- Newspaper Advertisement of lost Eligibility Certificate
- FIR Copy of lost UPTET Eligibility Certificate
UPTET 2020 Paper Pattern
The vital information regarding UPTET Exam Pattern 2020 is given below:
- Two separate papers will be conducted for UPTET 2020 – Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Paper 1 is for the candidates applying to be appointed for the post of teacher for class 1st to 5th.
- Whereas, Paper 2 is conducted for the post of teacher for class 6 to 8.
- UPTET exam will be conducted offline.
- Objective type questions will be asked in the exam.
- No provision of negative marking.
- Both Papers will have 150 questions.
- Each question carries one mark.
- There will be 4 options for each question, out of which only 1 would be correct.
The following table below shows the section-wise division of each paper :
|UPTET Exam||Sections||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Paper 1||Child Development and Methodology and Pedagogy||30 Questions||30 Marks|
|Language 1 (Hindi)||30 Questions||30 Marks|
|2nd Language (Anyone from English, Sanskrit and Urdu)||30 Questions||30 Marks|
|Mathematics||30 Questions||30 Marks|
|Environmental Studies||30 Questions||30 Marks|
|UPTET Exam||Sections||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Paper 2||Child Development, Learning & Pedagogy (Compulsory)||30 Questions||30 Marks|
|1st Language (Hindi)||30 Questions||30 Marks|
|2nd Language (Anyone from English, Sanskrit and Urdu)||30 Questions||30 Marks|
|a. Mathematics & Science b. Social Studies/ Social Science||60 Questions||60 Marks|
The above table shows the exam pattern of Uttar Pradesh Teachers Eligibility Test. Candidate can keep visiting this page for the latest update as notifies by the officials.
Important topics to be covered for both the papers are mentioned below in the list:
UPTET Syllabus – Paper 1
Syllabus of UPTET Paper -1 is mentioned hereby.
|Child Development and Teaching Methodology||Language 1||Language 2||Mathematics||Environmental Science|
|Child development concept||Language Comprehension||Comprehension||Number system||Family and friends|
|Concept of Inclusive Education and Understanding children with special needs||Pedagogy of language development||Pedagogy of language development||Shapes and geometry||Food and nutrition|
|Learning and pedagogy||Fill in the blanks||Language skills||Data handling||Shelters|
|–||Antonyms and synonyms||–||Measurements and units||Water, travel|
|–||Spotting error/ Sentence Correction||–||–||Things we make and do|
|–||Idiom and Phrase||–||–||–|
UPTET Syllabus – Paper 2
Syllabus of UPTET Paper -2 is mentioned hereby.
|Child Development, Learning and Pedagogy||Language 1 (Hindi)||Language 2||Mathematics/ Science B. Social Studies/ Social Science|
|Child development concept||Unseen Passage||Unseen Passage and comprehension||Science- Food & Materials, How things work, moving things, people and ideas, natural phenomenon and resources, the world of the living, pedagogy of science|
|The concept of inclusive learning and understanding language children with special needs||Grammar||Grammar skills||Social studies- history, geography, social and political life, economics and static GK, UP Related questions, social studies pedagogy|
|Learning and pedagogy||Language Pedagogy||Language Pedagogy||Mathematics- Number system & simplification, percentage & ratio, time, work, speed &distance, algebra & mensuration, geometry, average, profit & loss, pedagogy of mathematics|
Candidate can keep visiting this page for the latest updates.
Click here for UPTET Books.
The complete detailed information UPTET Admit Card 2020 is given below:
- The admit card of UPTET 2020 will be released in the first week of January 2021.
- The admit card will release in online mode by the authority.
- Admit Card for UPTET is issued by the organizing authority UPBEB.
- Hall tickets/admit card can be downloaded from the official website.
- Candidates will not be allowed to appear for the exam without the admit card.
How to download UPTET 2020 Admit Card?
Candidates can check the below-mentioned steps to download the admit card.
- Visit the official website of UPTET.
- Click on the link “Print UPTET Admit Card”.
- Enter the login credentials in the desired field.
- Once the details are filled, click on the Submit button.
- UPTET Admit Card will be displayed on the screen.
- Download the admit card and take a print out of it for future reference.
The detailed information regarding UPTET 2020 Answer key is given below.
- UPTET 2020 unofficial answer key will be released in the first week of January 2021.
- UPTET 2020 official answer key will be released in the second week of January 2021.
- The final answer key of UPTET exam will be released in the last week of January 2021.
How to check UPTET 2020 official Answer key?
The complete procedure to check UPTET 2020 official Answer key:
- Visit the official website. i.e. updeled.gov.in
- Click on the tab UPTET 2020 exam.
- Then click on UPTET Answer key.
- After that candidate has to enter their login details.
- Then aspirant can download the official answer key.
The vital information regarding UPTET Result 2020 is given below:
- The result will be published in the second week of February 2021 for UPTET 2020.
- Candidates can check their result on the official website of Uttar Pradesh Basic Education website.
- The result notification has been published in the major newspapers of Uttar Pradesh.
- The scorecard has also be announced on the official website of UPTET.
- The result can be checked online by logging in with the roll number.
How to check UP-TET 2020 Result?
- Firstly, visit the official website of UPTET i.e., http://updeled.gov.in/DefaultTET.aspx
- Click on the link ‘UPTET Result’.
- Enter the UPTET Registration or Roll Number.
- The result will be displayed on the screen.
- Download the result and take a print out of it for future reference.
The cut off as decided by UP Basic Education Board is as follows:
- General category candidates who will have a 60% score in UPTET will be considered qualified for the Recruitment.
- For reserved category, qualifying marks are 55% marks.
- Qualified candidates will be granted the UPTET eligibility certificate.
NOTE: Click here for UPTET Rank Predictor.
UPTET 2020 Highlights
Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test 2020 key highlights are mentioned in the table below.
|Name of the Exam||Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test (UPTET)|
|Conducting Body||Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board (UPBEB)|
|Type of Exam||State Level Test|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
Stay connected to Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board for Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test.
FAQs of UPTET
What is the full form of UPTET?
UPTET stands for Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test.
Who is the conducting body of UPTET?
Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board is the conducting body of UPTET.
What is the mode of examination of UPTET?
UPTET examination will be conducted offline(PBT).
What is the mode of application form in UPTET?
UPTET application form will be filled online.
uptet 2020 online application, uptet 2020-21, upbasiceduboard uptet 2020, uptet 2020 online form