GIPE Entrance Test 2020: Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics (GIPE Entrance Test 2020) will release the Application form in May 2020. Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics (GIPE), Pune, offers a Degree Program in various disciplines in Economics, International Business Economics, Agribusiness Economics, Financial Economics, & Finance for the academic session 2020-21. Focused on research, this institute enables the students to be industry-ready by blending the theoretical and practical applications in their courses. The program consists of 4 semesters with core modules focusing on microeconomic theory, macroeconomic theory, and econometrics.
Upcoming Application Form
- CBSE 10th & 12th Board Dates Apply Now
The students need to pass a rigorous nationwide entrance exam that tests their quantitative, analytical, and reasoning skills. The test for the academic year of 2020-21 will be conducted on June 2020.
GIPE Entrance Test 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Admission is subjected to a minimum of 50% aggregate marks (45% for reserved candidates) at graduation.
Candidates who have appeared for 2019-20 final degree exam are also eligible to apply. However, they must convey their results, preferably by fax or speed post, to the respective universities in June 2020.
GIPE Entrance Test 2020 Important Dates
|Application Form start date||May 2020|
|Last date to submit applications||3rd week of May 2020|
|Admit Card / Hall tickets issue dates||1st week of June 2020|
|Date of GIPE 2020 examination||2nd week of June 2020|
|Result Declaration Date||3rd week of June 2020|
|Counselling||Last week of June 2020|
GIPE 2020 Application Form
- GIPE 2020 Application Form has been released.
- Submit the form as instructed by GIPE.
- Carefully check all details before submitting the form.
- The Application fee will be Rs. 3000/- (Rs. 1500/- for SC/ ST).
Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics (GIPE) Entrance Exam
Candidates seeking admission need to appear for an entrance exam that will be held on June 2020.
Duration: 120 mins
Important Exam Update
- Updates Regarding JEE Main 2020
Total Marks: 100 (1 mark per question)
Question Type: Objective type questions
Negative Marking: One-fourth of the marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- Analytical ability and reasoning – 20 marks
- Aptitude in mathematics and statistics – 30 marks
- Undergraduate knowledge in economics – 50 marks
For sample questions, please visit: www.gipe.ac.in
GIPE Entrance Test 2020 Syllabus
- Reasoning and Analytical Ability
- Descriptive Statistics, Measures of Central Tendency, Measures of dispersion Correlation and Regression Coefficient, Probability Theory, Index Numbers.
- Mathematics for economics – Algebra, Calculus and Matrix Algebra.
- Macroeconomics (Demand Curves, Price and Income Elasticity of Demand, Cost Curves, Equilibrium of Firm under different market structures).
- Macroeconomics(National Income, Theory of Income Determination, Fiscal and Monetary Policy, Trade and Balance of Payments).
- Basic theories of growth and development.
- Recent developments in the Indian Economy and international economic issues of contemporary importance.
GIPE cut off marks
The evaluation for cut off marks is based on various factors such as:
- No of candidates that passed the exam
- The difficulty level of the question paper
- Of vacancy for this exam
- The possibility of having sectional cut-offs
For further details regarding the procedure for admission, seat availability, fee structures, and so on, please visit:
The industry-oriented courses offered by the institute attracts a diverse set of companies. Some of the past recruiters are:
- The students of GIPE have worked with various other companies for summer internships such as:
References for preparation for higher studies:
Micro Economics: Excellent Workbook(E-book): Workouts in Intermediate Microeconomics by Bergstrom and Varian
Microeconomic theory by Nicholson and Snyder Osborne’s Tutorial: Markets
Macro Economics: Macro Economics by Dornbusch, Fischer et al Macro Economic Theory and Policy by Branson
Mathematical Statistics by Freund
A First Course in Probability by Sheldon Ross
Test of Mathematics at 10 + 2 level
Mathematics for Economic Analysis by Sydsaeter and Hammond Osborne’s Tutorial: Mathematical Methods
- a) Sets and Logic
Topology by Munkres (1.1-1.3)
MATHS NCERT book (Class XI, XII) (Also a good reference for probability, functions, and relations, etc)
- b) Optimization(Optional)
Optimization in Economic Theory by Avinash Dixit c) Analysis
Elementary Analysis: The Theory of Calculus by Ross d) Game Theory
An Introduction to Game Theory by Osborne
For more information regarding DU JAT 2020.
gipe entrance books, gipe previous year entrance exam question paper, gipe placements, gipe cut off, Gokhale institute of politics and economics admission 2018, gipe ma economics entrance syllabus, gipe merit list 2017, gipe admission 2020