Centurion University of technology and management is a premier educational university located in the state of Orissa. Last date of Application Form is 31st March 2017. Centurion University is a state level private university situated in Paralakhemundi in the district of gajapati in Orissa. The university has received an ‘ A’ grade NAAC accreditation certificate. the university offers courses in the field of management, engineering and technology and pure and applied sciences. The university has one of the associate campuses in the city of Jatni, Bhubaneswar.
The institute before being recognised as a university was named Centurion University of Technology and Management since its establishment in 2010. Before being recognised as a deemed university, centurion university of technology and management was affiliated to Berhampur University until 2003 and then affiliated to Biju Patnaik University of Technology, Rourkela until 2010.
Centurion University Admission
The major objective of centurion university of technology and management is to provide quality education and take the standard of education to the pinnacle and matching up to the international standards. They also have the aim to improve the education system in the district of Gajapati, which features in 100 poorest districts of India and in extremely affected districts.
The mission of centurion university is “A globally accredited human resource centre of excellence catalysing “sustainable livelihoods” in the “less developed markets across the globe”.
Centurion university of technology visions to provide academic programs in technology and management with global accreditations. it also visions to provide training and employment opportunities mainly for the special category of poor population. Centurion university promotes and appreciates entrepreneurship and global innovative ideas to for the start of an effective business. University also aims to provide financial services to the targeted population and market access to the goods in a world class way. University promotes lighthouse projects, its idea and implementation in the targeted potential areas.
The admission will be guaranteed for a student if he or she fulfil the following eligibility criteria for all the courses in common.
Important Exam Update
- Updates Regarding JEE Main 2020
- Candidates should have passed class 12/any equivalent education to be eligible for admissions. They must have obtained at least 60% aggregate/ average marks in Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics.
The candidate needs to pass in 10+2 first attempt in Biology, Physics, Chemistry for Biotechnology courses.
- Candidates appearing for class 12 examination in 2017 are also eligible.
- In the 10+2 the main core subjects of the candidates should be Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. However, for admission in Biotechnology, the candidates must have studied Biology as the core subject, along with Physics and Chemistry.
- Those seeking admissions into B.Tech/BE in Biotechnology are required to pass class XII or equivalent with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology.
- The passing year of the qualifying examination should be in 2016 or 2017.
- B pharma students must score at least 50 percent aggregate in physics, chemistry, mathematics or biology.
The candidates are required to bring the following Original Certificates with two sets each of photocopies.
- X class or Equivalent pass certificate.
- 10+2 / Intermediate marks statement and Pass Certificate.
- Provisional Certificate and all marks statements of qualifying examination for admission to M.Tech. / M.Pharmacy programs.
- Transfer, Study and Conduct Certificates.
- Integrated Community Certificate in case of SC/ST
- Medical Certificate from not below the rank of a Civil Surgeon in case of PH Candidates
- Residence Certificate from the competent authority (at least for a period of 5 years) for claiming local category.
Accreditations, Awards & Achievements
Centurion University of technology and management has received a NAAC certification with ‘A’ grade. University is widely considered as one of the best in the field of education in the state of Orissa due to educational qualities provided in one of the most backwards districts in India according to the economic background.
Centurion University of technology and management emerged as the first university in India to become DASSAULT SYSTEM ACADEMY MEMBER and the case study of the university has been shortlisted in GLOBAL RESEARCH PROJECT. The university has been awarded GRAM TARANG on the occasion of world skill day.
Centurion school of rural enterprise has been nominated for BEST ENTERPRISE AND BEST MANAGER OF THE YEAR AWARD in 2015 by the Europe business assembly. centurion university of technology and management has emerged as the winner of the Manthan awards in financial inclusion category. School of engineering in Bhubaneswar ranked centurion university of technology and management as 61st best-deemed university in India. Centurion University of technology and management has been ranked 4th fourth among 96 engineering colleges or universities in the state of Orissa.
The university was awarded Best Private University Award by ETV News contest of EDUQUEST 2015. It’s also awarded the “Best Project in Rural Communities” at UK-India Skills Forum Awards 2010 organised by FICCI & UK-India Business Council.
Centurion University Courses
Centurion University offers courses in the field of science and technology, management etc. University offers BE/BTECH courses in the variety of engineering branches like computer science and engineering, electronics and communication engineering, mechanical engineering, civil engineering, electrical and electronics engineering, chemical engineering, food engineering, automobile engineering and agriculture engineering and duration of all the branches of engineering will be for four years.
All the BTECH courses will have a fee structure of rupees 5.06 lakhs for 4 years in which 1.25 lakhs will be tuition fee for each of the four years and student needs to pay an extra amount 5500 for the first year for admissions and registration process.
Centurion university also provides courses in post graduation section of engineering and technology which MTECH which will be for the duration of two years.
Centurion University provides courses in the field of pure science which includes the bachelor of science in various fields of science and moreover includes courses in computer application, pharmacy among others. The course fee for each of these courses will be fifty thousand 50000 per year and an extra amount of 3000 will be added for the admission and registration process.
University also offers art courses in bachelor of arts and law courses whose fee structure is 35000 per year with 3000 rupees for the admission fee.
- Prerana scholarship – SC/ST/OBC, Minority-Welfare department, Govt.of Odisha
- Medhabruti scholarship(merit)-higher education dept.,Odisha government
- Bihar Govt. scholarship (SC/ST/BC)
- E-Kalyan-Jharkhand govt. scholarship(sc/st/bc)
- LIC Scholarship (merit
- LBM Scholarship (Australia)-merit
- Central sector scholarship-merit
- Indian Oil Scholarship-merit
Research / seminars
Centurion University of technology and management expose their students to various kinds of seminars and workshops which of course improves the quality of their education and also is a vital attribute for skill development. There is a wide variety of multidisciplinary research options in various branches of engineering, humanities, management and also offers PhD options. the entire list of seminars and research options can be viewed on the official website of the university by accessing the following Centurian University link.
CAMPUS ADDRESS /LOCATION
At – Village Alluri Nagar
P.O. – R Sitapur, Via- Uppalada
Dist: Gajapati – 761211
CENTURION INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (CIT)
At – Ramchandrapur
P.O. – Jatni, Bhubaneswar
Dist: Khurda – 752050