Chitkara University Application Form for Admission 2020 will be available in January 2020. This University is situated in two states one in Punjab and another one in Himachal Pradesh, India. It excels in various Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctoral Programs in fields like Engineering, Management and Finance and Health Sciences. Established in 2010, is one of the best University in Punjab. It is a government recognized university with all the rights to confer Degrees in all the programs as per the UGC Act, 1956.
Many foreign students are regular students at the university and many also get involved in exchange programs, which enhances the cultural diversity of the campus. Chitkara also provides opportunities for students to visit foreign universities through exchange problems, providing them with the required exposure.
Chitkara University Admission
The Chitkara University ( boasts of its sprawling campus which is in the vicinity of some of the major states in Punjab, namely Chandigarh, Mohali, Panchkula, Ambala and Patiala. This institute is student-centric in nature so as to make them industry-ready. The curriculum at Chitkara University is designed to enhance the overall learning ability of the students with constant Projects and Assignments, which are regularly evaluated by the Professors. Classes are spacious, mostly in Amphitheatre style, and is equipped with all modern Information and Communication Technology (ICT). Students are also promoted to be involved in extra-curricular activities through various societies and clubs on campus.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about Chitkara University Admission 2020: Application Form
There are various societies on the campus for enhancing the extra curriculum of the student. Some of them are Indian Society for Technical Education, Elecrama, Mechstein, Matrix, etc. They also conduct various events such as TEDx, Techelone, Gameeks, University Sports MEET, Annual Convocations, etc. Students can pursue their interests by joining any clubs and societies.
Chitkara University Admission Procedure
- The counselling schedule will be uploaded on the official website, once the results for JEE Main 2020 are out. Aspirants should frequently check the same.
- Seats in the desired programs will be given based on the preference of the candidates, marks secured in JEE Main 2020 and availability of seats in the desired branch.
- Candidates will have to be present for counselling on the specified date. Failure will result in the rejection of the candidate.
- The candidate should carry all the relevant documents along with him at the time of counselling.
- Candidates will have to pay fees of Rs. 2500 as Counselling fees at the time of counselling.
- No separate entrance tests will be taken. A student will only be evaluated based on his/her JEE Main 2020 score and personal interview during counselling.
- Some seats will be reserved for SC/ ST/ OBC as per the guidelines of the State Government.
- 25% (in Himachal Pradesh) and 15 %( in Punjab) seats will be reserved for bonafide candidates of the respective state.
- The candidates who wish to withdraw from the admission procedure can do so by filling the refund form before the start of the session. A penalty of Rs 1000 will be deducted and the counselling fee of Rs 2500 will not be refunded. The remaining money will be refunded to the student within 120 days of the commencement of the program.
Eligibility Criteria (Admission in B.E.)
- Admission in B.E Programs will be given to candidates based on their performance in JEE Main 2020.
- Aspirants should have qualified (10+2) or equivalent from a recognized school with a minimum aggregate of 60% and should have passed Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in one attempt.)
- Candidates who were born on October 01, 1994 can apply for the exam.
Awards, Achievement and Accreditations
Chitkara University is recognised by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and other significant bodies, and have recognition and accreditations from various national and international authorities. Apart from UGC, Chitkara University also has approval from Council of Architecture, Pharmacy Council of India, and National Council for Teacher Education, Indian Nursing Council, and National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology.
Some of the achievements of Chitkara University are:
- Chitkara University was one of the top 20 engineering institutes of India, according to the Dataquest rankings.
- Chitkara Business School was considered one of the best B-School in North India and was awarded an All India Rank of 38.
- Rank 17 was given to Chitkara Institute of Pharmacy by MHRD, Government of India in its NIRF College Ranking.
- Chitkara University has always excelled in Students Achievement as well. Many of the students of the University have bagged commendable Achievements:
- Arch. The student received, “North Zone Award of Merit” in Documentation at Heritage Awards for Excellence.
- Chitkara University represented India in the Maisasin Bangkok Business Challenge.
Chitkara University Courses
The University has many Undergraduate, and Postgraduate Programs. Course Overview for Engineering and Technology can be seen in the article below:
B.E. (4 Year):
|Course||Fees (Per Semester)|
|Computer Science and Engineering||Rs. 75, 000|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||Rs. 75, 000|
|Mechanical Engineering||Rs. 75, 000|
|Electrical Engineering||Rs. 75, 000|
|Civil Engineering||Rs. 75, 000|
Apart from the above-mentioned tuition fees, the student will have to pay an ERP Fees and Caution Fees of Rs 16, 000 at the time of admission. (This will be one-time payment)
Apart from the Undergraduate Courses, University also has M.E Courses at the Postgraduate level in the above-mentioned courses with specialization. For Doctoral Programs, Institute offers Computer Science and Engineering and Electronics and Communication Engineering.
Teacher Training (B.Ed)
Chitkara University, PUNJAB Address
Address: Pinjore-Barotiwala National Highway (NH-21A), Solan District, Kalu Jhanda, Himachal Pradesh 174103
For more details on engineering colleges in India, aspirants may visit www.entrancezone.com
What was the cutoff for last year?