IPU CET 2020 is the Common Entrance Test for admissions into various UG and PG programs in Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU). IPU CET also called Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test is a university-level Entrance Exam. The exam is conducted for admission in a different domain such as Engineering, Medical, Management, Law etc. The IPU CET application form will be available in online mode. But the examination will be in the offline mode that is it will be a pen and paper-based test which will use OMR sheets. Common Entrance Test is scrapped and now IPU will admit students based on National Level Entrance Exams.
Admission into B.Tech Program will be based on JEE Main 2020 Paper 1 scores whereas admission into MCA Program will be based on the scores of NIMCET 2020. Admission to BA/BBA LLB will be based on CLAT UG Scores and admission to LLM program will be passed on CLAT PG scores. Admission to B.Arch program will be based on NATA and JEE Main 2020 Paper 2 scores. MBA admission will be based on CAT 2018 and NTA CMAT 2020 scores.
Candidates can check all the detailed information about IPU CET including eligibility criteria, IPU application form 2020, etc in this article.
Latest Update: National Testing Agency has released the JEE Main 2020 Application Form on 03 September 2019.
Latest Update: Notification has been released regarding admissions in the MBA/FM/IB/FA courses at IPU University for the academic year 2020-21. . Click here for further details.
IPU CET 2020 Important Dates
IPU CET Exam Dates check all the important dates here:
Important Exam Update
- Updates Regarding JEE Main 2020
|Courses||Application Form last date
||Exam date||Result announcement|
|B.Tech (Bio-Technology)||May 2020||Last week of May 2020||July 2020|
|B.Tech||June 2020||Through JEE Main Paper 1||July 2020|
|B.Sc Nursing||May 2020||June 2020||June 2020|
|BBA||May 2020||May 2020||Last week of May 2020|
|BCA||May 2020||Last week of May 2020||07 June 2020|
|B.Ed||May 2020||May 2020||July 2020|
|M.Tech||First week of May 2020||As per CET code||As per CET code|
|LLB||First week of June 2020||Through CLAT||Second week of July 2020|
|MBBS/BDS||–||Through NEET UG||–|
|MBA (IT)||May 2020||June 2020||June 2020|
|MCA/MCA (LE)||First week of May 2020 (LE)||Through NIMCET (11 May 2020 (LE))||July 2020|
|MBA||June 2020||Through CAT||July 2020|
IPU CET 2020 Application Form
- Candidates can fill and submit the IPU CET 2020 Application Form here.
- IPU CET Application Form will be available on February 2020.
- There is only online mode available to fill the Indraprastha university application form 2020.
- The application fee is Rs. 1000/-. Plus some processing charges and taxes.
- Please note that the IPU application form will be released tentatively in last week of January 2020.
- To know the entire procedure to fill the application form follow steps.
- If in case of any corrections in university forms 2020 in any particular fields like (DOB, spelling mistake in parents name, candidate’s name, category), the candidates must send a physical hard copy of application form (with an applicable default processing fee of Rs. 500/-) to the address mentioned below:
Reception, Examination Division,
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University,
- The application fee of IPU CET will be Rs. 1000/- for each course.
- The application fee can be filled via online mode using the debit/credit card and net banking.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
IPU CET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility for different courses is mentioned below:
- For UG courses: Candidates should be 10+2 pass or equivalent examination from any recognized board.
- For PG Courses: Candidates should complete their graduate degree. Maximum Age-limit for postgraduate programs is 35 years.
- Candidates who have a three-year diploma or B.Sc graduation degree, they can also apply for the B.Tech Lateral entry course.
- SC/ST/PwD candidates along with widows/defence personnel are given a relaxation of 5% marks.
- UG Program applicants age must be 17 – 21 years old.
- MBBS/BDS applicants should not be beyond 25 years of age.
- Bachelor of Vocation applicants should not be beyond 45 years of age.
IPU CET 2020 Admit Card
The IPU CET Admit Card will be made available from the second week of May 2020. Admit card can be downloaded from the official site(www.ipu.ac.in) of the university. It is mandatory to bring the admit card to the examination hall. Please note that the Candidates must keep the admit card safe till the admission procedure. Provision re-issuing of duplicate admits card is not there.
IPU CET 2020 Exam Pattern
Here students can check the IPU CET 2020 exam pattern:
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted through offline (pen and paper-based) mode.
- Pattern: It will be conducted in the OMR pattern.
- Answering Mode: Candidates must use a blue or black ballpoint pen to mark the answer.
- No. of Questions: The question paper will contain 150 questions (200 for Biotechnology).
- Marking Scheme: Four marks will be provided for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted for the wrong answer. Questions with more than one answer will also be considered as the wrong answer.
Information about the exam pattern
Exam Pattern for any UG & PG Programmes:
|1.||Mode of Exam||The examination will be conducted through offline (pen and paper-based) mode.|
|2.||Type of Question||The question asked in the paper will be Multiple choice type.|
|3.||No. of Questions||There will be 150 questions in the paper. (200 for Biotechnology).|
|4.||Marking Scheme||Four marks will be rewarded for each correct answer.|
|5.||Negative Marking||One mark will be deducted for the incorrect.|
MBBS Course Exam Pattern:
- The question paper will comprise of 200 objective type questions.
- The Questions will be from Physics, Chemistry, Botany & Zoology subjects.
- Three marks awarded for each correct answer whereas one mark will get reduce for each wrong response.
- The question paper will be in English medium.
IPU CET 2020 Section wise weightage (All B.Tech programmes)
IPU CET 2020 Section wise weightage (B.Tech Bio-Technology)
|Biology (Botany and Zoology) or BioTechnology||40%|
IP University Entrance Exam 2020 Syllabus
Syllabus for undergraduate courses will basically on the diploma or 10+2 level. The CET syllabus for different courses is different and the questions will be from the related & respected field of the course. For better exam preparations, candidates should gather and collect the complete information about the official syllabus and prepare accordingly
IPU CET 2020 Result
- CET Result will be provided to students via online mode (only).
- The result of CET for the various courses will be declared between the fourth week of May 2020 and the second week of June 2020.
- After result announcement, a merit list will be prepared and announced according to the marks obtained by the candidates in CET.
- Candidates are suggested to keep the printout of the result for further use until the final admission.
IPU Admission 2020 Counselling
- IPU Counselling schedule, venue and other details will continue upgraded and displayed on the official site of the university, keep yourself updated with the notifications.
- While the schedule and the venue will display before one week from the counselling starts.
- Candidates need to report to the counselling venue along with the mandatory documents at a certain date and time.
- The counselling will take place in three rounds and the conduction process will be in both the modes i.e. offline and online modes.
IPU CET 2020 Admission Process
- IPU admission will be according to the rank of the candidates in the particular stream of the merit list.
- The seat allotment will be based on preferences of the candidates, rank on merit list and the availability of seats.
- After seat allotment, candidates have to pay the certain fee at the time of counselling/admission.
- In case candidates fail to pay the default fee, the allotted seat will be given to the next candidate.
IPU CET 2020 section-wise weightage for all courses
|MBA||English Language & Comprehension (30%)
General Awareness (10%)
Numerical Ability (30%)
Reasoning ability including data interpretation (30%)
Computer Awareness (25%)
English Language & Comprehension (25%)
Logical and Analytical Ability (25%)
|LLM||General Knowledge including the English Language (20%)
Public International Law, Human Rights Law & Environment Law (30 %)
Current Trends in Law (20%)
Jurisprudence, Law of Torts, Criminal Law, Constitutional Law, Commercial Law &Family Law (30%)
English Language & Comprehension (15%)
General Knowledge- IT and Science Related (25%)
Computer Awareness (30%)
|LLB||General Knowledge (25%)
English Language and Comprehension (25%)
Legal Aptitude: General Legal Awareness & Understanding and Application of Legal Principles (25%)
|B.Ed||Mental Ability and Reasoning (40%)
Aptitude for Teaching (20%)
English Comprehension (15%)
General Awareness (25%)The Question Paper shall be set both in English and Hindi Language.
|BBA||English Language and Comprehension (25%)
Logical and Analytical Ability (25%)
General Awareness (25%)
Aptitude relating to the field of Management and Communication Skills (25%)
|B.Com||Logical Reasoning (25%)
General Awareness (15%)
General English (25%)
Data Interpretation (35%)
|B.Sc Nursing||Chemistry (20%)
General Awareness about Health-related Matters (10%)
English Language and Comprehension (10%)
|M.Ed||English / Communication skills (30%)
General Awareness and Logical Reasoning (30%)
Teaching Aptitude (40%)
IPU CET Exam Centres 2020
Applicants can select the Exam centres of IPU CET 2020 as per their comfort. It is given below:
|S. No||Exam Center||Code|
|Admission registration site||http://ipuadmissions.nic.in/|
|List of GGSIPU Affiliated College||http://www.ipu.ac.in/affiliated_colleges.php|
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
Sector – 16C Dwarka,
New Delhi-110078, India
Stay updated about IPU CET Exams with EntranceZone.
ipu set 2020 syllabus, ipu cet 2020 exam date, ipu cet 2020 application form date, ip university entrance exam 2020, ip university admission 2020, ip university courses.