JEE Advanced AAT 2020: JEE Advanced AAT 2020 is the entrance examination for B.Arch admissions into participating IITs i.e., IIT Roorkee and IIT Kharagpur will be conducted in the third week of June 2020 in offline mode. Registrations for JEE Advanced AAT 2020 will start tentatively in the second week of June 2020. The Candidates who qualify JEE Advanced will only be eligible to apply for (AAT) Architecture Aptitude Test. The registration process will be open only for one day, so candidates are advised to apply as soon as possible for JEE Advanced AAT 2020.
Upcoming Application Form
- Amity University Admissions Open Now Apply Now
- Reva University Bengaluru Admissions Open Apply Now
- Manipal Uni. 2020 Admissions Now Open Apply Now
- UPES Admissions 2020 Now Open Apply Now
- NIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Amrita University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- KIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- LPU University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Chandigarh University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
Read the article below to know more about Important dates, Eligibility criteria, the Application process, Seat allotment of JEE Advanced AAT 2020.
Architecture course standardised by the Council of Architecture and COA also look into admission for B.arch in colleges of architecture via NATA. Also, B.Arch. (Bachelor of Architecture) is 5 years course.
IIT Architecture Aptitude Test for B.Arch. Program
- Bachelor of Architecture course is available at IIT Kharagpur and IIT Roorkee only. Aspirants desirous of taking the B.Arch. (Architecture) need to qualify in the JEE Advanced Architecture Aptitude Test. Furthermore, the AAT is open for candidates who qualified for JEE Advanced Examination.
- Aspirants for B.arch admission in IITs must register online at the JEE (Advanced) 2020 online portal for AAT.
- The venue of architecture aptitude test is at the seven zonal coordinating IITs only.
- The architecture entrance test will consist of one paper for three hours of duration.
- The question paper for architecture aptitude test will be available in the English language only.
- No separate admit card/hall ticket will be issued by JEE Advanced. The original admit card of Joint Entrance Examination Advanced 2020 should be presented in the examination venue.
- Furthermore, the applicants are required to bring their own drawing and colouring instruments.
- Whereas cut-off marks will be decided by the Joint Implementation Committee.
- Results will be announced on the JEE (Advanced) 2020 online portal.
- And students securing cut-off marks will be declared qualified for Architecture course. However, there is no separate AAT category wise ranking or cut-off.
- Finally, the seat allotment is solely done on the basis of category-wise All India Rank (Advanced).
Schedule for JEE Advanced AAT 2020
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about JEE Advanced AAT 2020: Architecture Aptitude Test, B.Arch in IIT
Important Dates (Announced)
Registration for JEE Advanced AAT 2020
08 June 2020
Registration for Extended Merit List
Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) 2020
12 June 2020
Declaration of Result
16 June 2020
Commencement of Registration for JoSAA 2020
Third week of June to Third week of July 2020
AAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Only those candidates who qualify in JEE (Advanced) 2020 examination are eligible to appear in AAT 2020. Click Here for JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria.
Brief Information Regarding IIT Architecture Entrance Exam
Conducting body: IIT Roorkee
Name of Exam: Architecture Aptitude Test.
AAT Exam Eligibility: JEE Advanced 2020
Official Website: www.jeeadv.ac.in
Colleges: IIT Kharagpur and IIT Roorkee.
What is asked in the AAT (Architecture Aptitude Test for B.Arch Courses at IIT)?
Following things are followed in the Architecture Aptitude Test for B.Arch program at IIT.
- The test paper is consist of one paper.
- Duration of the paper is three hours.
- The question paper for AAT is available in English language only.
- The syllabus for AAT exam is given below.
JEE Advanced (AAT) Syllabus
The AAT exam syllabus for JEE Advanced Architecture Aptitude Test is mention here.
Freehand drawing: This would comprise of simple drawing depicting the total object in its right form and proportion, surface texture, relative location and details of its component parts on the appropriate scale. Common domestic or day-to-day life usable objects like
furniture, equipment, etc., from memory.
Geometrical drawing: Exercises in geometrical drawing containing lines, angles, triangles, quadrilaterals, polygons, circles, etc. Study of plan (top view), elevation (front or side views) of simple solid objects like prisms, cones, cylinders, cubes, splayed surface holders, etc.
Three-dimensional perception: Understanding and appreciation of three-dimensional forms with building elements, colour, volume and orientation. Visualization through structuring objects in memory.
Imagination and aesthetic sensitivity: Composition exercise with given elements. Context mapping. Creativity check through the innovative uncommon test with familiar objects. The sense of colour grouping or application.
Architectural awareness: General interest and awareness of famous architectural creations – both national and international, places and personalities (architects, designers, etc.) in the related domain.
And the rest of the syllabus is same as Syllabus of JEE Advanced 2020.
JEE AAT Exam Pattern 2020
There will be only one paper comprising the following sections:
1. Freehand drawing
2. Geometrical drawing
3. 3D perception.
4. Imagination & Aesthetic Sensitivity
5. Architectural awareness.
How tough is the architecture aptitude test (AAT) for B.Arch in IIT?
The AAT paper for B.Architecture admission is not as much tough as speculated if you follow the pattern and syllabus. If a candidate practices thoroughly on sketching and drawings and looks the objects in 3D perception.
JEE Advanced AAT 2020 Exam Centres
Candidates must select their suitable exam centre of JEE Advanced AAT 2020 while filling the application form. The seven zonal coordinating Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) are:
- Roorkee Zone
- Madras Zone
- Kharagpur Zone
- Kanpur Zone
- Guwahati Zone
- Delhi Zone
- Bombay Zone
The B.Arch Opening & Closing Ranks in 2017 round 7 are given below:
|Category||IIT Kharagpur 2017||IIT Roorkee 2017|
|Opening Rank||Closing Rank||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
Architecture Aptitude Test Sample Papers Free Download
The architecture aptitude test past/previous year question papers & solutions are listed here.
JEE Advanced 2015
- Download English Medium JEE Advanced 2015 Paper-2: Code 0 to 9 for English medium students (includes comprehensive solution).
- Download Hindi Medium JEE Advanced 2015 Paper-2: Code 0 to 9 for Hindi medium students (includes comprehensive solution).
JEE Advanced 2016
- Download English JEE Advanced 2016 Paper-2: Code 0 to 9 for English medium students (includes solution).
- Download Hindi JEE Advanced 2016 Paper-2: Code 1, 3 and 9 for Hindi medium students (includes solution).
Above listed Question papers may also be considered useful in your NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) preparation. Architecture aptitude test sample papers, architecture aptitude test 2020.