NATA Application Form will be released in the month of January 2020. NATA Paper Pattern 2020 will be decided by COA which is included in the NATA Information Brochure. It contains details about the dates of examination, question pattern, and mode of answering, the number of questions. The aptitude test will contain two papers i.e Mathematics & General Aptitude Test and Drawing Test.
NATA Exam Paper Pattern 2020 Details
- The examination will be of 200 Marks in total.
- An OMR based MCQ for Mathematics and General Aptitude is 90 minutes (120 Marks).
- Candidates will get another 90 Minutes to attempt two questions of the Drawing Test (80 Marks)
Question Pattern and Mode of Answering-The OMR answer sheet for MCQs will be after 90 minutes exact. The candidates have to fill in all the information in the OMR answer sheet, the drawing sheet and the attendance sheet while the examination is going on.
All the questions, as well as the instructions, will be in English language only.
Distribution of Marks
|SUBJECT||DISTRIBUTION OF MARKS||TOTAL MARKS|
|Mathematics (20 questions)||20×2 (2 marks each)||40 Marks|
|General Aptitude (40 Questions)||40×2 (2 marks each)||80 Marks|
|Drawing (2 Questions)||2×40 (2 marks each)||80 Marks|
New Change – Distribution in Marks of Mathematics, Now Mathematics will be of 40 Marks only instead of 60 Marks before.
The NATA 2020 Paper Pattern
Mathematics and General Aptitude Test Guidelines-
- Firstly, for every question, there will be only one correct answer and each correct response will fetch 2 marks to the students.
- Moreover, there is no negative marking in the examination but the number of incorrect responses can be used to resolve a tie.
- Therefore the candidates must be careful while filling the bubble on the OMR sheet.
- In addition, the applicants should use blue/black ballpoint pen only.
- Drawing Test Guidelines-
- Firstly, the candidate has to attempt two(2) drawing questions in 90 minutes.
- More than one examiner will check the paper.
- Then, the average of assigned marks will be the final score.
- Also, this paper evaluates candidates’ sense of proportion and perspective, sense of colour and composition through the drawing questions.
Questions & Answers Regarding NATA 2020 Exam
Q1. Is there negative marking in NATA exam?
Ans. No there is no negative marking in NATA exam.
The official website of NATA: http://nata.nic.in/webinfo/public/home.aspx
NATA 2020 Exam Highlights
Name of Examination
|National Aptitude Test in Architecture|
Commonly Known As
|Exam Conducting Body||Council of Architecture|
Purpose of Exam
|Admissions in Architecture Courses|
Mode of Examination
Read more about the National Aptitude Test in Architecture.
|Eligibility Criteria||NATA 2020 Complete Details|
|Important Dates||NATA Application Form|