No need to submit the Original Documents: Candidates aspiring to take admission in any Undergraduate and Postgraduate program will no longer have to submit the Original Documents. Earlier, Candidates had to submit all the original documents to the University for Verification and were returned at least after a month. This will be a major relief for students who want to withdraw from a college for some reason.
Upcoming Application Form
- CBSE 10th & 12th Board Dates Apply Now
No need to submit the Original Documents–UGC
There were various other important changes in the admission rules from UGC. These changes were made through the notification released by UGC called ‘Remittance and Refund of Fees and other student-centric Issues”. Candidates can see the details in the article below.
- It will not be mandatory for the candidates to buy the admission prospectus, and colleges cannot force the candidates in doing so.
- Universities will now have to make a full refund to the candidates within 15 days in case they wish to withdraw from admission procedure.
- Tuition Fees and all the relevant academic fees should be collected in the beginning of the semester. Universities should ensure that all the required fees should be collected in advance.
UGC has implemented these rules to stop coercive and profiteering practices which are generally followed in educational institutions. Generally, universities don’t return the documents in case of admission withdrawal thus making it difficult for the candidate to apply somewhere else. According to UGC, this is a strict coercive action and should be stopped immediately.
Officials stated that UGC had made these changes after they got a number of complaints from students and parents regarding delays in fees to refund and releasing original documents in case of admission withdrawal.
This rule is applicable for all Undergraduate, Postgraduate and various Research Programs in all the UGC recognised Universities. These rules will also be applicable for Deemed Universities.
UGC Letter reg.: Non-refund of fees and retention of Original Certificates of the students by the Universities/ Colleges / Institutions.
Published on 12-01-2016:
Important Exam Update
- Updates Regarding JEE Main 2020