As per the UGC Grievance Redressal regulations 2012 on redressal of multifarious grievances of students. But given the sheer volume of the complaints regarding non-refund of fees and retention of original certificates by Higher Educational Institutions (HEI), the commission felt the need to notify elaborate instructions so as to curb such malpractices and decided to issue appropriate instructions in the form of this notification to all the universities and other HEIs under the purview of the UGC.
Upcoming Application Form
- Amity University Admissions Open Now Apply Now
- Reva University Bengaluru Admissions Open Apply Now
- Manipal Uni. 2020 Admissions Now Open Apply Now
- UPES Admissions 2020 Now Open Apply Now
- NIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Amrita University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- KIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- LPU University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Chandigarh University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
This notification is to prohibit coercive and profiteering institutional practices in the matters related to refund of fees in case of withdrawal from the programme and retention of original certificates at the time of and / or after admission.
In Exercise of powers confered by section 12 (d) read with section 12(j) of the UGC act 1956, the UGC issues this Notification for adoption of standard operating procedures in the matters related to refund of fees in the event of students withdrawal from the program and non-retention of certificates at the time of admission.
How to get Refund of Fees and Original Documents from Colleges in 2020?
If a candidate is looking for refund of college fees at any stage then he/she must read the UGC guideline for Refund of Fees and Non Retention of Original Certificates.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about How to get Refund of Fees and Original Documents from Colleges in 2020?
- Ask the admission cancellation policy of your institute.
- Write an application to registrar of the university or college in time, as refund of fees is based on timeline given by UGC. Timeline is described below.
- Get an acknowledgement on the application submitted to institute.
- Wait for reply.
- If any issue raise, you may show UGC notification to college.
Refund of Fees: Timeline Given by UGC
Caution Money and security deposit, which are not part of the fees chargeable, shal be refunded in full.
|S.No.||Percentage of Refund of Fees||Point of time when notice of withdraw of admission is received in the HEI|
|1.||100%||15 days or more before the formally notified last date of admission|
|2.||90%||Less than 15 days before the formally notified last date of admission|
|3.||80%||15 days or less after the formally notified last date of admission|
|4.||50%||30 days or less, but more than 15 days after formally notified last date of admission|
|5.||00%||more than 30 days after formally-notified last date of admission|
Ongoing Application Forms - 2020
Official Notification PDF: https://www.ugc.ac.in/pdfnews/5437737_UGC-Notice-reg-Fees-refund-Eng.pdf