Punjab B.Tech Application Form 2020 will be released tentatively in April 2020. Punjab Technical University Combined Entrance Test 2020 (PTU CET 2020) will take place in the first week of May 2020. Punjab Technical University (PTU) is an illustrious institute and it organizes PTU CET yearly. PTU provides admission to courses in the field of Pharmacy, Architecture, Engineering, Management, Medical Lab Technologies, Hotel Management, and IT disciplines. Candidates qualifying the exam can take admission in PTU and its affiliated colleges.
Upcoming Application Form
- CBSE 10th & 12th Board Dates Apply Now
Latest Update: JEE Main Online Application Form 2020 for January session has been started. Click here> Application Form.
Punjab Technical University (PTU) Highlights
Name of Examination
Check your JEE Main Eligibility Here. Join & Refer your Freind to Earn Paytm Cashback Check Now & Refer
|Punjab Technical University Combined Entrance Test|
Commonly Known As
|Exam Conducting Body||Punjab technical university (PTU)|
Important Exam Update
Purpose of Exam
|Admissions in Pharmacy, Architecture, Engineering, Management, Medical Lab Technologies, Hotel Management, and IT disciplines|
Punjab Technical University (PTU) Important Information
Name of the college: I. K. Gujral Punjab Technical University
Courses: Bachelor of Architecture, B.BA, B.CA, B.Pharma, B.Tech (All Courses), PhD, MBA, MCA, M.Tech (All Courses). Distance Learning Programmes are also available.
Affiliation: University Grants Commission
University Campuses: Kapurthala, Amritsar, Batala, Bhikhiwind, Dinanagar, Hoshiarpur, Khunimajra
Full-Form of PTU: Punjab Technical University
PTU Entrance Exam Important Dates
The Punjab Technical University will announce the Entrance Exam dates soon. Given below is the tentative dates for the same. For more detail and information refer official website.
|PTU 2020 Online Application Release||4th week of May 2020|
|Last date of application submission||Last week of June 2020|
|Date of Entrance Exam||1st week of July 2020|
|Result Announcement||3rd week of July 2020|
PTU CET 2020 Application Form
PTU is the Undergraduate course, for seeking admission, candidates need to fill the Application form to apply for Entrance Examination.
- The application form will be available in the month of May 2020 through Online mode.
- All the details mentioned in the application form must be accurate and as per the original documents.
- Candidates are advised to follow all the instructions to fill the application form.
- At the end of submission of the application form, take the printout and keep it till the admission process gets over.
- For General category the Application fee is Rs. 500/- (for SC/ST candidates Rs. 250/-).
- Candidates can pay the fee through Debit Card/Credit Card.
- Demand Draft to be drawn in favour of Registrar, IKGPTU payable at Jalandhar.
- The Counselling fee for one course is Rs. 2000/-
PTU CET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have passed class 10+2 in science stream from any recognised Board with at least 50% marks.
- Three-year of Diploma with Mathematics as equivalent to 10+2 level with minimum 50% marks. IB Diploma after ten-year of schooling with mathematics as subject and 50% marks in aggregate for B.Tech/B.Arch.
- Applicants must have completed a three-year Diploma course in Mechanical/Marine/Electrical/ Electrical and Electronics from the institution approved by AICTE or State Board of Technical Education with minimum 45% of aggregate marks for b.Tech (lateral).
- For B. Pharma Applicants with Diploma in Pharmacy with at least 45% marks/ 10+2 examination with Physics & Chemistry as compulsory subject with 45% marks.
- Candidates should have a B.E./B.Tech Degree in appropriate branch or equivalent with not less than 50% marks for M.Tech.
- For MBA / MCA applicant must have done Graduation/bachelor’s degree obtained through the 10+2+3 system or an equivalent qualification with a minimum aggregate of 50% or equivalent CGPA.
Eligibility criteria vary from one course to another, so go through all of them as mentioned below:
For B.Tech: Aspirants need to have passed XII or the equivalent education with the subjects such as Math and physics as main and any of the non-compulsory subject such as Computer Science, Chemistry, Biotechnology and Biology
B.Arch: Aspirants need to have passed XII or the equivalent education with at least 50% marks in Maths and English as the subjects of assessment.
For B.Pharmacy: Aspirants need to have passed XII with subjects such as Physics and Chemistry along with Computer Science, mathematics or bio-Technology or else three-year qualification in pharmacy with at least 50% marks
Required Age Limit: Candidate applying for Punjab CET need not have aged beyond 17 years
Candidates who fulfil the following eligibility requirements only should fill the application form for PTU CET 2020.
Punjab Technical University Combined Entrance Test 2020 Paper Pattern
- Syllabus for the exam will be based on NCERT syllabus only. Topics will be same as JEE Main but much easier than that.
- The test will take place in online mode only with objective type question with four options for each question.
- One can opt the paper in only one language from Hindi & English only.
- The candidates can also procure seats in B.Tech, B.Arch., B.Pharm. via JEE Main scorecard also.
Seat Reservation: 85% of the seats will remain reserved for the candidates of Punjab states only. And for the rest seat, any candidates from other states can apply for an open category.
Release Of The Admit Card
- One can procure the admit card after the official announcement on the PTU CET 2020 website.
- Aspirants can download the admit card by furnishing the required information like application number and password.
- No candidate will get the admit card via post they only have to procure it from online only and then take the print out of it.
- The Hall ticket will get released one or two weeks before the commencement of the exam.
- It will bear all the important information regarding the exam such as:
- Time and
- The venue of the exam.
- Also, candidates should carry a valid ID proof along with them to the exam along with the admit card.
Courses Under Centralised Counselling
For B.Tech (1 year) (On the basis of Inter-Se-Merit of 10+2/Qualifying Exam):
|Fee Payment Starts||May to June 2020|
|Registration Process Starts||June 2020|
|Rank Preparation & Updation||June 2020|
|Choice Filling Starts||June 2020|
|Result Declaration||June 2020|
|Reporting in Allotted Institution||June 2020|
For Other Courses:
|B.Tech (1st Year) (JEE Main Bases)||B.Pharm (1st Year)||B.Arch||M.Tech, M.Pharm & M.Arch||MBA & MCA (1st Year)||B.Tech, B.Pharm & MCA (LE)|
|1st Round Counselling|
|Fee Payment Starts||11 May to 04 June 2020||11 May to 04 June 2020||11 May to 04 July 2020||11 May to 30 June 2020||11 May to 04 July 2020||11 May to 08 July 2020|
|Online Registration starts||01 – 06 June 2020||01 – 06 June 2020||03 – 07 July 2020||01 June to 02 July 2020||01 June to 06 July 2020||01 June to 10 July 2020|
|Rank Preparation & Updation||JEE Main Rank will be followed||07 June 2020||07 July 2020||03 July 2020||07 July 2020||12 July 2020|
|Choice Filling Starts||Choice filling will start
|07 – 11 June 2020||7th to 10th July 2020||3rd to 5th July 2020||7th to 10th July 2020||12th to 16th July 2020|
|Result Declaration||08 June 2020 (3:00 PM)||13 June 2020 (3:00 PM)||12 July 2020 (3:00 PM)||06 July 2020 (5:00 PM)||11 July 2020 (3:00 PM)||18 July 2020 (3:00 PM)|
|Reporting in Allotted Institution||09 to 13 June 2020||14 – 18 June 2020||13 – 17 July 2020||07 – 09 July 2020||12 – 16 July 2020||19 – 21 July 2020|
|2nd Round Counselling|
|Fee Payment Starts||07 – 10 June 2020||07 – 20 June 2020||07 – 18 July 2020||03 – 11 July 2020||07 – 17 July 2020||11 – 24 July 2020|
|Online Registration starts||15 – 18 June 2020||19 – 22 June 2020||17 – 20 July 2020||10 – 13 July 2020||17 – 19 July 2020||23 – 26 July 2020|
|Rank Preparation & Updation||JEE Main Rank will be followed||23 June 2020||21 July 2020||14 July 2020||20 July 2020||27 July 2020|
|Choice Filling Starts||Choice filling will start
|23 – 26 June 2020||21 – 25 July 2020||14 – 16 July 2020||20 – 23 July 2020||27 – 30 July 2020|
|Result Declaration||20 June 2020 (3:00 PM)||28 June 2020 (3:00 PM)||27 July 2020 (3:00 PM)||18 July 2020 (3:00 PM)||24 July 2020 (3:00 PM)||01 August 2020 (3:00 PM)|
|Reporting in Allotted Institution||21 – 25 June 2020||29 June to 03 July 2020||28 – 31 July 2020||19 – 21 July 2020||25 – 27 July 2020||02 – 04 August 2020|
Counselling Process of PTU Combined Entrance Test 2020
The counselling process includes the selection of the candidate for the colleges enrolled in a specified test or admission. A candidate will get a call for the counselling process based on the merit list declared by the Punjab Technical University 2020. It will declare only after the 12th Board result. The inception of this process will take place in the month of July only.
For this the Candidate should ready with these following imperative documents:
- Class 10 mark sheet and respective certificate(i.e passing certificate)
- Class 12 mark sheet and respective certificate(i.e passing certificate)
- Domicile Certificate.
- Identity Proof (like Aadhar card, voter id, pan card, driving license passport etc)
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Six passport size photographs
PTU CET Result:
- The result of the examination will take place via online mode.
- Users can access the outcome of the examination using the official website.
- Enter the application number for accessing the accurate results.
- After seeking the outcome of the exam, the next procedure will be counselling.
PTU Official Address and Link
I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University,
Jalandhar – Kapurthala Highway,
VPO – Ibban, Kapurthala-144603,
Distt. Kapurthala, Punjab
Stay tuned with EntranceZone for more updates and information related to PTU CET 2020.
punjab cet 2020, ptu 2020, uptu application form 2020, ptu cet 2018.