GPAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
is released by the National Test Agency (NTA). Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT)
is conducted twice a year in an online (computer-based test) mode. On the GPAT score basis, candidates get admission to the candidates into M.Pharm
program. Earlier this exam was being conducted by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE
). The GPAT score is accepted by all AICTE-Approved Institutions/ Constituent Colleges/ University Departments/Affiliated Colleges. Before filling the application form, candidates must check the GPAT 2023 Eligibility
to know whether they are eligible for the exam they are applying for. Therefore, candidates can go through the whole article below to know about officially announced eligibility of GPAT 2023
GPAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check their GPAT 2023 Eligibility before starting the registration process. Given below are the information regarding eligibility:
General Eligibility Criteria
Given below are the general eligibility criteria for the GPAT exam:
- Candidates should possess Indian nationality to eligible for the entrance exam.
- Candidates of any age are eligible for the examination. There is no age restriction.
Check the given below information of GPAT 2023 educational qualification:
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy (B. Pharm) of 4 years after their 10+2.
- The lateral entry candidates should also pass the Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy of 4 years duration after their 10+2.
- Candidates in the final/fourth year of the Graduate Pharmacy Programme are also eligible to appear for the GPAT 2023.
- It must be noted that Bachelor of Pharmacy students from the first to the third year is not eligible to take the GPAT 2023 exam.
Check the following conditions required to fulfil for GPAT 2023 entrance exam:
- Candidates those are in their final year of B.Pharma degree can also apply for the entrance test.
- Candidates those are in between 1st to 3rd year in B.Pharma are not eligible to appear in the entrance test.
- B. Tech (Pharmaceutical and Fine Chemical Technology) candidates or its equivalent are not eligible to apply.
Eligibility Criteria for Scribe/Reader
Check the given mention points for Scribe or Reader:
- They are not involved in any academic tutoring/preparation for the test to be administered.
- They must not be a family member/member of the candidate.
- They have academic qualification lower than that of the candidate.
- They should not have attained the age of 19 years of age as on January, 2023.
GPAT 2023 Reservation
Candidates must check the given below table of category wise GPAT reservation criteria 2023:
|Scheduled Caste (SC)
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)
|Other Backward Classes (OBC-NCL)
|PwD (each category)
The Person with Disabilities(PwD): The person with not less than forty per cent (40%) of a specified disability where specified disability has not been defined in measurable terms and includes a person with a disability where specified disability has been defined in measurable terms, as certified by the certifying authority. “Specified Disability” means the disabilities as specified in the Schedule of the RPwD Act 2016.
Categories of Disabilities:
- Blindness and low vision
- Deaf and hard of hearing
- Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy
- Autism, intellectual disability, specified learning disability, and mental illness
- Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (i) to (iv)
- Other ‘specified disabilities’ are mentioned in the Schedule of the RPwD Act 2016.
Other Backward Classes(OBC-NCL): are as per the Central list of Other Backward Classes available on National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC), Government of India website ncbc.nic. Thus, the candidates falling in this list may mention OBC in the Category column. State list OBC candidates who are not in OBC-NCL (Central List) must choose General category.