Advertising courses in India are getting huge popularity as a career among the students. Due to the Internet and electronic media becoming part of everyday life, The demand of the professionals who completed the course in advertising are increasing day by day. Through these courses, candidates learn how to convey messages to people that attract them to buy the commercial products and services or to draw attention towards social issues. Candidates may read the whole article for complete details regarding the Advertising Courses.
What is Advertising?
Advertising is marketing through a means of communication with users to promote a product, service or cause. The main goals of advertising is to reach the users who are most likely to pay for the product or service and entice them to buy. It is a medium by which companies attract a user to buy their goods or services. The actual promotional messages done for advertising are known as advertisements or ads in short.
Scope of Advertising Courses
Currently Advertising is in huge demand and has high scope in India as well as abroad. Candidates having interest or thinking to pursue a course in the field of advertising may opt for the course due to its huge scope and great market demand. The size of the Advertising budget in India is about to touch a figure of Rs. 1,07,810 crore by 2021. Therefore, the advertising industry is ready to provide quality jobs to thousands of Candidates in the coming years.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about Advertising Courses Details: Colleges, Career & Jobs - Admissions
The details regarding the various courses in the field of advertising are given below:
|Post graduation courses||
Advertising Courses Eligibility Criteria
The details regarding the eligibility criteria are given below:
|UG Courses||Candidates must have passed class 12 from a recognized board with minimum 45 – 60% aggregate marks|
|PG Courses||Candidates must have a graduation degree with minimum 45-60% aggregate marks|
Skills Required for Advertising Courses
The skills that are required for the courses of advertising are given below:
- Must be confident and innovative.
- Must have the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment.
- Good in decision making, problem solving and management skills.
- Must have Persuasion and communicative skills.
- Should be target oriented and optimistic.
The details regarding the admission procedure of Advertising courses are given below:
- Candidates must be eligible to get admission in the advertising courses.
- Candidates must have to apply for the course for further admission process.
- Mostly, admission will be on the basis of the entrance exams.
- Candidates will be getting the admission in the government colleges on the basis of the state level exams.
- Private institutions or universities conduct their own entrance exams such as SNAP, XIC, Online test.
Colleges Offering the Advertising Courses
The top colleges offering the admission in Advertising courses are listed below:
- Indian Institute of Mass Communication, JNU Campus, New Delhi
- Xavier Institute of Communication, Mumbai
- Annamalai University, Chennai
- Guru Jambheshwar University, Haryana
- Madurai kamaraj University, Madurai
- Punjabi University, Patiala
Career and Jobs
There are various career opportunities after completing the course in the field of advertising. Candidates can work in advertising departments and agencies in Public as well as private sectors. Moreover, candidates can find jobs in big organizations/ companies of newspapers, magazines, journals, commercial sections of radio and TV, market research firms, etc.
Some of the top Jobs Opportunities in the career of a Advertising are listed below:
- Account Executive
- Art Director
- Market research Executive
- Media Planner
- Account Planner
- Creative Director
- Media Director
- Media buying Director
- Account planner
- Client Service Manager
- Account Director
The top recruiters in the field of Advertising are given below:
- Hindustan Thompson Associates
- TLG India Pvt ltd
- BBDO Advertising ltd
- Rediffusion Dy & R Pvt ltd
- Ogilvy & Mather ltd
- JWT India
- FCB Ulka Advertising ltd
- Grey India
- Triverse Advertising India ltd
- McCann Advertising ltd