BHU Research Entrance Test 2019, known as BHU RET 2019 is conducted by the Banaras Hindu University. which provides admissions to eligible candidates to P.hD programmes. Candidates willing to take admissions in a research programme will have to apply for BHU RET 2019. The University has declared the exam dates related to BHU RET 2019 and released the examination notification in April 2019.
Upcoming Application Form
- JEE Main January Session 2019 by National Testing Agency Check Here
- Manipal University B.Tech Admission Open Apply Here
- Manipal University All Courses Admission Open Apply Here
- Amrita University B.Tech. Admissions Open 2019 Apply Here
- SRM B.Tech Admissions Open Apply Here
- UPES B. Tech Admissions Open for 2019 Apply Here
- LPU B. Tech Admissions Open for 2019 Apply Here
Candidates can read the detailed information about BHU RET 2019 given below to know more on the entrance exam including important dates, exam centers, exam pattern, cut off and counseling process.
BHU Research Entrance Test 2019 Latest Update
- Test C for RET 2017 candidates earlier scheduled on 16.03.2019 (Main Discipline) and 17.03.2019 (Allied Discipline) stands postponed and will now be held on 27.03.2019 (Main Discipline) and 28.03.2019 (Allied Discipline) new. Test C for RET Exempted Candidates who have applied for registration in March 2019 term will be held as per notified schedule that is on 16.03.2019 (Main Discipline) and 17.03.2019 (Allied Discipline).BHU ONLINE
BHU RET 2019 Important Dates:
Some particular dates are mentioned below for RET 2019:
|Availability of application form||30 April 2019|
|Last date to submit the application form||31 May 2019|
|Admit card release||24 June-01 July 2019|
For P.hD and Integrated M.Phil Programmes:
|A||01 July 2019 (9:00am – 12:00am)|
|B||01 July 2019 (10:15am-12:15am)|
BHU RET 2019 Application Form
Banaras Hindu University RET 2019 Application form is now available on the official site of the University. Interested candidates can fill the forms online. Submit the application form and pay the fees before the last submission date.
Category vise application fee details are mentioned below:
Read more Research Admission Information Here.
BHU RET 2019 Eligibility criteria
The qualification criteria for Banaras Hindu University Research courses are mention below.
Faculty of Agriculture:
- Qualifying Examination: A candidate having (i) Masters degree in Agriculture (M.Sc.(Ag)/M.Sc.) in the concerned discipline with B.Sc. (Ag.)/B.Sc.(Hons)Ag. 4 years degree OR
(ii) Master‟s degree in Agriculture [M.Sc. (Ag.) / M.Sc.] in any one of the allied subjects/ disciplines with B.Sc. (Ag.)/ B.Sc. (Hons)Ag. 4 years degree pertaining to the department as per the list is given in the Appendix – I. Applicants for Ph.D. admission in Horticulture may also be from B.Sc.(Horti.) 4 years background with post-graduation in the subject.
(iii) M.Tech. in Agricultural Engineering / M.E.(Agricultural Engineering) or equivalent degree with the specialization in Soil and Water Conservation Engineering / Irrigation and Drainage Engineering / Soil and Water Engineering / Water Resources Engineering or M.Sc. (Ag.) in Soil and Water Conservation for admission in Ph.D. in Agricultural Engineering (Soil and Water Conservation Engineering).
(iv) M.Sc.(Ag.) /M.Sc. in Agricultural Statistics, for admission in Ph.D. in Agricultural Statistics.
Applicants for Ph.D. admission in Animal Husbandry and Dairying B.Sc.(Ag.)/B.Sc.(Hons)Ag. will be considered as basic UG qualification plus M.Sc./M.Sc.(Ag.) in the concerned subject. If in place of B.Sc.(Ag.)/B.Sc.(Hons)Ag. the candidate has any other UG degree, the courses studied by him/her at UG stage should be at least 60-70% in equivalence with B.Sc.(Ag.)/B.Sc.(Hons)Ag. the course of I.Ag.Sc., BHU.
However, the Equivalence Committee may meet only in case if the seats are remaining vacant after admitting all bonafide B.Sc.(Ag.)/B.Sc.(Hons)Ag. degree holders qualifying at Test-C”.
The candidates having 10+2+3+2 system of education will also be eligible for admission in Ph.D. through RET and RET (Exempted) in the following Disciplines:
(1) Food Science & Technology; (2) Agricultural Statistics
- Qualifying Marks: At least 55% in aggregate or equivalent grade point average in the qualifying examination.
BHU RET 2019 Exam Pattern
Banaras Hindu University will conduct three tests in total for taking admission into research courses:
- Test A: Test to assess Logical and Analytical Capability
- Test B: Test to assess Subject Knowledge
- Test C: Research proposal and Personal Interview
i) TEST A: Assessment of Logical and Analytical Capability
This RET is aimed to assess the logical and analytical thinking, quantitative ability, general knowledge, knowledge of computer usages, and language skills. The MCQs in this section would be aimed to test the logical and analytical capabilities of the candidate, rather than the memory power of candidates. Questions in this test will generally be of class X (CBSE) level.
- a) Test A would be common across Faculties and will be treated as a preliminary screening test so that only those candidates who qualify the Test – A would be eligible to be considered further.
- b) This test will consist of a total of 60 MCQs:
i). 10 questions for testing logical thinking
ii). 10 questions for testing quantitative ability
iii). 10 questions for testing general knowledge
iv). 10 questions for testing awareness of computer usages
v). 20 questions for testing language skills (this Test will include three subsets of 10 questions each relating to knowledge of Hindi, English, and Sanskrit, respectively, of which the candidate may answer any two subsets
(10+10 questions in any two languages)
- c) This test will be of 60 min duration and 180 marks.
- d) Each question will carry 03 (three) marks for correct answer and 01 (one) negative mark for a wrong answer.
- e) A candidate must secure a minimum of 35% marks (63 marks in aggregate) in Test-A to be eligible for further consideration.
ii) TEST – B: Assessment of Subject Knowledge
This Test would focus on assessing the subject knowledge of the candidate in the discipline in which he/she has done his/her P.G.
- a) Duration of this test will be 120 min (2 hrs) and it will carry 200 total marks. This test will be conducted in conjunction with the Test – A.
- b) There will be 40 MCQ type questions (total 120 marks), with 03 (three) marks each for the correct answer and 01 (one) negative mark for a wrong answer. In addition, there will be 10 (ten) short answer questions (SAQ), of which any 05 (five) questions may be answered. Each question will carry 16 (sixteen) marks (total 80 marks).
- c) Out of the 40 MCQ type questions, 10 (ten) will cover different disciplines in the concerned Faculty while the remaining 30 (thirty) will cover the various areas in the given discipline. The Faculty level MCQs would be at a level equivalent to class XII in the given area, while the discipline MCQs and SAQs will be based on the PG syllabus followed at BHU in the given discipline. These would cover all areas in the discipline equitably.
- d) The MCQs and SAQs will be designed to examine understanding and analytical ability. The short answers will, in addition, also examine the expression power, language skill and writing ability.
- e) Test – B would be checked and marked only if the candidate qualifies in the Test – A
- f) A candidate must secure at least 35% marks in the Test – B to be considered further.
iii) Test – C: Research proposal and Interview
Among those who obtain the qualifying marks (35%) at Test – A and Test – B (35%)separately, names of 3 times the number of RET seats available in the discipline will be shortlisted for Test – C of the selection process to be conducted by the concerned department/school/centre. Only such candidates as have obtained more than 35% .
NOTE: There will be negative marking in both Test A & B. Candidates will be given 3 marks for each correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
BHU Research Entrance Test 2019 Counselling
BHU RET 2019 Counselling will be held in July 2019. Candidates who have qualified the entrance exam will be allowed to attend the counselling. Candidates will be called rank-wise on scheduled date and time. Candidates must carry all the necessary documentation along with their admit card for the counselling procedure.
DOWNLOAD RET INFORMATION BULLETIN 2019 FOR THE FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE HERE.
More Exams by Banaras Hindu University
The university conducts entrance exam for School, UG, PG and Research.
|Undergraduate Entrance Exam||Post Graduate Entrance Exam|
bhu ret 2019 exam date, bhu ret syllabus, bhu ret 2019 notification, bhu ret 2019 notification