CAT Cutoff 2018: IIM will release CAT cut off 2018 on its official website by January 2019. Over the past few years, IIMs especially have liberalised its admission policy and has reduced the minimum CAT score requirement Section Wise and Overall. This is currently being adapted to bring students from diverse backgrounds even at low CAT score.
Upcoming Application Form
- JEE Main April Session 2019 by National Testing Agency Check Here
- SRM Univ. B.Tech Admission Open Apply Now
- UPES Admission 2019 Batch is Now Open Apply Now
- Manav Rachna University Admissions Open 2019 Apply Here
- Bennett University B.Tech Admissions Open Apply Here
- KIIT Bhubaneswar Admissions Open for 2019 Apply Here
- Banasthali University (Women Only) Admissions Open for 2019 Apply Here
- Chandigarh University All Courses Admission Open Apply Here
- Manipal University All Courses Admission Open Apply Here
IIM Ahmedabad had drastically changed its minimum qualifying percentile for all categories of candidates for CAT 2017. As per the IIM Ahmedabad Admission Policy for PGP 2018-20 batch, ‘the candidates above the minimum cut-offs in the sectional percentile ranks, the overall percentile rank and obtaining a positive (greater than zero) raw score in all sections of CAT-2017 will be considered for all the subsequent stages.’ Many other IIMs are following this trend. This marks a new beginning at IIMs, where student quality is not just measured by CAT scores, but by ‘profile’ for improving diversity at B-schools.
CAT Cutoff 2018: Key Trends
|Academic session||Sectional CAT percentile requirement||Overall CAT percentile requirement||Actual cut off|
IIM Admission Criteria
IIMs usually follow a two-step selection process. First, a short-listing on the basis of CAT score and then WAT and PI rounds for all those short-listed students.
- Common Admission Test (CAT)
- Written Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview (PI)
Candidatfulfilfulfill the first stage of the admission criteria (CAT) is called in for WAT and PI rounds. Different IIMs as per their admission criteria offer admissions to the selected students.
Most of the IIMs give maximum weightage to Personal Interview [PI] and CAT score for admissions. However, pointers like academic cut-offs, past academic performance, relevant work experience, diversity of study background etc. also play a major role in the admission process.
IIMs do not conduct any common counselling process.
The six new IIMs conduct Common Admission Process (CAP) which includes common WAT and PI rounds. However, the participating institutes declare separate merit lists. The recent IIMs, IIM Sirmaur and IIM Jammu, both mentored by IIM Lucknow do not conduct WAT-PI rounds and declare merit list based on CAT score, past academic records, work experience and diversity factors.