CAT 2021 Result will be issued by the IIM. Candidates can check their result by entering their User ID and Password. The scorecard thus obtained will be further used for GD/PI session and final admission. The CAT scorecard will disclose the score and percentile of each section and overall as well. Read the whole article to know more about CAT Result 2021.
CAT 2021 Important Dates
The important dates of CAT 2021 is given below.
|Date of Exam||24 November 2021|
|CAT Result Declaration Date||07 January 2022|
These are the tentative dates based on the previous year exam.
How to Check CAT 2021 Result?
The procedure of checking the CAT Result is given below.
- To check the result, the candidate has to first click on the official website and login with his/her User ID and Password
- After the Login, the candidate will see three tabs on the screen. These tabs are application summary, download application, candidate scorecard. The applicant has to click on the ‘’candidate scorecard’’
- The candidate’s scorecard will now be available on the screen
Candidate Scorecard: Important Details
- Personal details like Name, Address, Photograph, Date of Birth, Email ID
- CAT 2021 Registration number/User ID – Both should be the same
- Category – General/OBC/SC-ST
- Gender – Male/Female
- PWD Status
- Date & Time of CAT 2021 exam
- Section-wise CAT 2021 exam Scaled Score and Section-wise CAT percentile score
- Overall CAT 2021 Scaled Score and the overall Percentile score
- Instructions related to CAT result
Normalization of CAT 2021 Result
CAT EXAM happens in two sessions. Normalization of the result is done to obtain equality and fairness in the result. In the process of normalization differences in the score between the two sessions are taken into account.
Normalization is a well-known practice used by various educational institutions to compare scores of test-takers across the countries. It is also used in the national level entrance examinations like GATE. IIMs implement percentile equivalence for normalization.
The normalization of CAT scores is likely to be similar to that used for GATE.
CAT Scores Normalization will be done in two steps:
- Normalization across Slot I and Slot II
- Normalization across sections.