DNB CET 2019 application for July Session will be released in the third week of May 2019. The entrance exam has been conducting twice in a year. The national entrance test of DNB CET is managed by National Board of Examination (NBE). DNB CET is conducted to offer admission into post-DNB/MD/MS Super Specialty courses. It is also called Diplomate National Board Centralized Entrance Test-Super Specialties (DNB-CET SS). DNB-CET is a qualifying-cum-ranking examination for entry to various Post Graduate courses including the Direct 6-year course in the speciality of Plastic Surgery, Neuro-Surgery, Cardio-thoracic Surgery and Pediatric Surgery. By this article, the applicant can take entire information regarding DNB CET 2019.
Upcoming Application Form
- Amity University Admission Open Apply Now
- Chandigarh Group of Colleges Admission Open Apply Here
- Manav Rachna University Admissions Open 2019 Apply Here
- Bennett University B.Tech Admissions Open Apply Here
- Lovely Professional University All Courses Admission Open Apply Here
- Chandigarh University All Courses Admission Open Apply Here
DNB CET Latest Update
- The Result of DNB CET January 2019 Admission Session is announced.
- Subsuming of DNB-CETSS and FET into NEET-SS is announced and official notice is attached at the end of this page.
- The cutoff date for completion of internship towards the determination of eligibility for appearing in DNB-CET (2018 July Admission Session) 2018 shall be 31/08/2018.
- Download DNB Broad Information Bulletin 2019 PDF
DNB CET 2019 Important Dates
The applicant can take a preview of events and their schedule before filling the application form. It is given below.
For the January 2019 session:
|The application form will available on||First week of November 2018|
|Last date of application form||Fourth week of November 2018|
|Admit card will issue on||First week of December 2018|
|Date of entrance exam||14 December 2018|
|Cut off will be declared on||Last week of December 2018|
|Result declaration||Third week of January 2019|
|Counselling will start on||May 2019|
For July 2019 session:
|The application form will available on||Second week of May 2019|
|Last date of application form||Last week of May 2019|
|Admit card will issue on||Third week of June 2019|
|Date of entrance exam||Last week of June 2019|
|Cut off will be declared on||Third week of July 2019|
|Result declaration||Third week of July 2019|
DNB CET 2019 Application Form
It is advised to applicants to go through the information brochure carefully before filling up the application form.
- The application form will be released twice a year in the month of January and July 2019 for different sessions.
- The application form of DNB CET 2019 will be available by online mode only.
- In case, the application form is found incomplete, the authority will disqualify the form and no further request will be entertained.
- Applicants will be offered to choose the exam centre city as per their comfort.
- After the filling of the test centre, candidates will not be permitted to change it. However, correction in certain details will be allowed only till the last date of form submission.
- Applicants should also keep the printout of the application form for future reference.
DNB CET 2019 Application Fee
The application and processing fee for DNB CET 2019 is Rs. 4500/- for all categories. The application and processing fee should be submitted through payment gateway provided using a Credit Card or a Debit Card issued by banks in India or through net banking. Fees shall neither be refunded nor carried forward if the application for DNB-CET 2019 shall be rejected OR candidature shall found disqualify.
DNB CET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Applicant must fulfil Eligibility criteria for DNB CET 2019 which is mention below.
|Nationality||Applicant must be an Indian citizen.|
|Qualifying Exam||Applicant must pass MBBS course approved by Medical Council of India|
|Registration||Applicant must be registered with the State Medical Council/Medical Council of India and must have proof of it.|
|Applicants those are in the hold of their PG medical degrees/provisional pass certificate by 31 August 2019 can apply.|
|Training||Applicants must have completed his/her three years of rotatory training by 31 August 2019.|
Important Points Regarding DNB CET
- Candidate will not be permitted to appear in the examination if the applicant disqualified at any stage of DNB-CET. In an unlikely event of any disqualified candidate appearing and/or being successful in the DNB-CET, the results/candidature of such candidate shall be cancelled, when the ineligibility is detected.
- Requests for appearing in DNB CET 2019 July Admission Session from candidates completing internship after 31st August 2019 or having qualifications that are not recognized as per IMC Act shall be rejected.
- Candidates already pursuing DNB course are not eligible to appear for the DNB-CET till such time they have completed the entire duration of the prescribed course or have been discharged from the course. Candidates who have joined DNB- Broad Specialty course in or after December 2014 session are not eligible to appear in DNB-CET 2019.
- Appearing in DNB-CET 2019 does not confer any automatic rights upon the applicant for admission at NBE accredited hospital/ institute.
- The applicant can register for DNB-CET 2019 only single time. Registration for CET exam, more than once shall constitute unfair means and lead to disqualification and/or penal action.
How to Apply for DNB CET 2019?
- Firstly, Click on the registration button.
- Start the application process for DNB CET 2019 by providing your basic details such as name, contact number, email id, address etc. and click on save and next button.
- Upload the applicant’s photograph and signature in the required format as provided by NBE. Both the photo and the signature must be clear and legible. The permissible file size of the photo must be of minimum 20 KB and of maximum 50 KB and that of the signature must be of minimum 10 KB and of maximum 20 KB.
- Fill the applicant’s academic details, registration, and internship details in this step. Click on save and next button after filling in the information.
- Check application form for the last time before submitting it.
- Submit the Application Fee through Online Payment mode by Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking option.
- Finally, click on submit Button. The application form will be submitted successfully. Take a copy of application form for future reference.
DNB CET 2019 Highlights
|Name of Examination||Diplomate of National Board – Centralised Entrance Test 2019|
|Commonly Known As||DNB-CET 2019|
|Conducting Body||National Board of Examination|
|Examination Level||National Level|
|Category||Postgraduate Medical Examination|
|Purpose of Exam||Qualifying cum Ranking Examination for admission to DNB courses|
|Periodicity||Twice a Year|
|Pattern of exam||MCQ based with the single correct response|
|Mode of Examination||Computer-based|
|Number of questions||300|
|Negative Marking||Yes, 1 mark shall be deducted for incorrect response 4 Marks shall be awarded for a correct response|
|Seat Allotment||Merit Based Counselling conducted by NBE|
|States that accept exam scores||All the states and union territories of India|
|Reservation of Seats||For SC/ST/OBC/Persons with disability (PWD) at hospitals/institutions which are covered as per rules|
|Application Fee||Rs. 4500/-|
|Selection Process||Entrance Exam|
DNB CET 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus of DNB CET 2019 will have the topics from the subjects prescribed by the authority of the Medical Council of India with the prior consideration of the Government of India. The question paper will consist of Part A and Part B sections.
|Part A||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Ophthalmology, and Forensic Medicine.|
|Part B||ENT, general medicine, Statistical, and Biomedical Research SPM, general surgery, dermatology & STD, Anaesthesiology, Orthopaedics, radiology, pediatrics, obstetrics and Gynaecology, psychiatry.
Download the DNB CET Bulletin 2018 July here.
SUBJECT-WISE DISTRIBUTION OF QUESTIONS FOR DNB CET EXAM (2018 JULY ADMISSION SESSION)
|S.No.||SUBJECT||SUBJECT WISE WEIGHTAGE (OUT OF 300)|
|10.||SPM, STATISTICS & BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH||24|
|13.||DERMATOLOGY & STD||06|
|18.||OBSTETRICS & GYNAECOLOGY||24|
Note: Weightage of MCQs is indicative and purely provisional.
Preparation for DNB CET 2019
The applicant can follow the mentioned tips to prepare for DNB CET 2019 entrance test:
- Applicants must focus more on the
- Applicants must make a proper timetable to study.
- Before starting the preparation, the aspirant must review the exam pattern and syllabus.
- The revision must be done regularly by the aspirants in each studied topic.
- Aspirants must solve the previous year’s question papers and sample papers to know the type of questions coming in the exam.
- Applicants must take care of their eating and sleeping habits during exam preparation.
DNB CET 2019 Pattern
Applicants may check the exam pattern of DNB CET 2019 which given below
|Exam Mode||DNB CET 2019 examination will be held in computer-based|
|Type of Question||The question paper will comprise of multiple choice questions. The question paper of all medical super specialities, all surgical super specialities, and all paediatric super specialities will be the same.|
|The medium language of the paper||The language of the question paper will be English.|
|Number of questions||Applicants will be asked a total of 180 multiple choice questions from each section.|
|Time Duration||Applicants will be given the time duration of 3 hours 30 minutes to complete each section|
|Marking Scheme||For each correct answer, 4 marks will be awarded. For every wrong answer, 25% negative marking will be done.|
- The DNB CET 2019 admit card will be available online mode only. Applicants can download it by entering details of Username and password.
- The admit card of DNB CET 2019 will be released on the first week of December 2018 for January session.
- For the July session, it will be released in the third week of June 2019. Applicants must keep the photocopy of it till the admission.
- Candidates must bring the following documents to the exam centre.
- A printed copy of the Admit Card with photo pasted on it.
- Photocopy of the Permanent or Provisional SMC/MCI registration.
- Anyone of the following authorized photo IDs which must be original and non-expired.
- PAN Card, Driving License, Voter ID, Passport and Aadhar Card.
Qualifying Criteria: Applicants who obtain a minimum percentile as per category below shall be declared as “Qualified” in DNB CET 2019. Qualifying Criteria of the exam is given below:
Validity of CET Result: The validity of the result of the DNB-CET will be only for the current admission session only and cannot be carried forward for the next session of CET.
Declaration of Result: The results for the January session has been declared in the Third week of January 2019. The mark sheet-cum-result certificate for the DNB-CET exam can be downloaded from NBE website www.nbe.edu.in after the declaration of result. There is no provision for re-checking /re-totaling/re-evaluation of the question paper, answers, score and no query in this regard will be entertained.
Tie – Breaker Criteria: In the event of two or more candidates have the same score, then the merit position shall be determined using the following tie-breaker criteria in descending order:
- An applicant with a lesser number of incorrect responses in the overall paper shall be placed at higher merit position.
- An applicant with a higher score in Part B of the question paper shall be placed at higher merit position.
- Failing which, date of birth of the applicant will be taken into consideration. Older candidate will be placed at a better merit position.
Eligibility for Counselling: Applicants who will qualify the Centralized Entrance Test (DNB-CET) conducted by NBE and fulfil the eligibility criteria for admission to DNB Broad Specialty. Guidelines for online centralised merit-based counselling shall be available at NBE website in due course.
DNB CET Seat Allotment
•The allotment of seats shall be made to the eligible candidates only through personal appearance and candidates will be called in batches in the order of their merit position, as per the schedule of Counselling available on NBE website.
•Applicants have to be present on the day of his/her counselling to participate in the counselling at the scheduled time specified in his/her Rank Letter.
•The schedule for further rounds of counselling shall be notified at the official website of NBE after completion of the first round of Counselling. Applicants are advised to visit NBE website regularly for updates regarding counselling.
•The applicant can also opt out his/her option for participation in a further round of counselling through NBE website till the day of his / her scheduled counselling. The applicant need not appear for counselling at NBE office Delhi for opting out for a further round of counselling.
•Candidates who do not attend/participate in the counselling at their first opportunity either in person or through online shall not be eligible for participation in the subsequent round(s) of counselling.
•Candidates opting for a confirmed seat are not eligible to participate in subsequent rounds of counselling irrespective of their joining/non- joining/resignation from the seat already opted for.
•The counselling shall be done purely on the basis of DNB CET Merit Position. The merit has been made by marks obtained by the candidates in DNB CET.
•No separate letter/communication regarding counselling is being sent to the applicants. Therefore, all the eligible candidates are advised to refer to NBE website regularly for information and download their rank letter as well.
•Candidates are needed to bring their Rank Letter at the time of counselling along with the prescribed documents.
Documents required at time of admission
Applicants must bring their original as well as photocopies of their documents at the time of admission. Some of the documents which are mention below:
• Rank Letter
• DNB CET 2019 Result
• MBBS Degree certificate
• Class 10 & 12 marksheet and pass certificate
• Category certificate (if applicable)
• Aadhar card
• PAN Card
• Driving license
• SMC/MCI Registration certificate bearing candidate’s photograph.
Subsuming of DNB-CETSS & FET into NEET-SS
Stay tuned for DNB CET 2019 at EntranceZone.