DNB CET is held once a year. The national entrance test of DNB CET is managed by National Board of Examination (NBE). DNB CET is conducted to offer admission into post-DNB/MD/MS Super Specialty courses. Diplomate National Board Centralized Entrance Test-Super Specialties (DNB-CET SS) is a qualifying-cum-ranking examination for entry to various Post Graduate courses including the Direct 6-year course in the speciality of Plastic Surgery, Neuro-Surgery, Cardio-thoracic Surgery and Pediatric Surgery. Candidates will get admission into Post MBBS course through NEET PG scores & DNB/MD/MS Super Speciality course through NEET SS Entrance exam. By this article, the applicant can take entire information regarding DNB CET 2021.
DNB CET 2021 Important Dates
The applicant can take a preview of events and their schedule before filling the application form. It is given below.
For January session (through NEET PG):
|Notification releases||23 February 2021|
|Application Form release||15 March 2021|
|Submission of application form||19 to 21 March 2021|
|Edit option||02 to 4 April 2021|
|Admit card availability||12 April 2021|
|NEET PG exam date||18 April 2021|
|Result declaration||31 May 2021|
|Counselling process||1st week of June 2021|
|Information Bulleting availability||2nd week of May 2021|
|Application Form release||2nd week of May|
|Submission of application form||4th week of May|
|Admit Card availability||1st week of June|
|DNB CET 2021 Exam Date||3rd week of June|
|Result declaration||4th week of July|
|Cut-off date||4th week of August|
For DNB/MD/MS Super Speciality course (through NEET SS):
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about DNB CET 2021: Application Form, Dates, Exam Pattern, Syllabus - Admissions
|Availability of Information Bulletin||1st week of August 2021|
|Application form releases||1st week of August 2021|
|Edit window||3rd week of August 2021|
|Admit card||1st week of September 2021|
|Entrance exam||3rd week of September 2021|
|Result declaration||4th week of September 2021|
DNB CET 2021 Application Form
It is advised to applicants to go through the information brochure carefully before filling up the application form.
- The application form of DNB CET 2021 will be available by online mode only.
- In case, the application form is found incomplete, the authority will disqualify the form and no further request will be entertained.
- Applicants will be offered to choose the exam centre city as per their comfort.
- After the filling of the test centre, candidates will not be permitted to change it. However, correction in certain details will be allowed only till the last date of form submission.
- Applicants should also keep the printout of the application form for future reference.
DNB CET 2021 Application Fee
The application and processing fee for DNB CET 2021 is Rs. 4500/- for all categories. The application and processing fee should be submitted through payment gateway provided using a Credit Card or a Debit Card issued by banks in India or through net banking. Fees shall neither be refunded nor carried forward if the application for DNB-CET 2021 shall be rejected OR candidature shall found disqualify.
How to Apply for DNB CET 2021?
- Firstly, Click on the registration button.
- Start the application process for DNB CET 2021 by providing your basic details such as name, contact number, email id, address etc. and click on save and next button.
- Upload the applicant’s photograph and signature in the required format as provided by NBE. Both the photo and the signature must be clear and legible. The permissible file size of the photo must be of minimum 20 KB and maximum 50 KB and that of the signature must be of minimum 10 KB and maximum 20 KB.
- Fill the applicant’s academic details, registration, and internship details in this step. Click on save and next button after filling in the information.
- Check the application form for the last time before submitting it.
- Submit the Application Fee through Online Payment mode by Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking option.
- Finally, click on submit Button. The application form will be submitted successfully. Take a copy of the application form for future reference.
Important Points Regarding DNB CET
- The candidate will not be permitted to appear in the examination if the applicant disqualified at any stage of DNB-CET. In an unlikely event of any disqualified candidate appearing and/or being successful in the DNB-CET, the results/candidature of such candidate shall be cancelled, when the ineligibility is detected.
- Requests for appearing in DNB CET 2021 July Admission Session from candidates completing internship after 31st August 2021 or having qualifications that are not recognized as per IMC Act shall be rejected.
- Candidates already pursuing DNB course are not eligible to appear for the DNB-CET till such time they have completed the entire duration of the prescribed course or have been discharged from the course. Candidates who have joined DNB- Broad Specialty course in or after December 2014 session are not eligible to appear in DNB-CET 2021.
- Appearing in DNB-CET 2021 does not confer any automatic rights upon the applicant for admission at NBE accredited hospital/ institute.
- The applicant can register for DNB-CET 2021 only single time. Registration for CET exam, more than once shall constitute unfair means and lead to disqualification and/or penal action.
DNB CET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Applicant must fulfil Eligibility criteria for DNB CET 2021 which is mention below.
|Nationality||Applicant must be an Indian citizen.|
|Qualifying Exam||Applicant must pass MBBS course approved by Medical Council of India|
|Registration||Applicant must be registered with the State Medical Council/Medical Council of India and must have proof of it.|
|Applicants who are in the hold of their PG medical degrees/provisional pass certificate by 31 August 2021 can apply.|
|Training||Applicants must have completed his/her three years of rotatory training by 31 August 2021.|
DNB CET 2021 Admit Card
- The DNB CET 2021 admit card will be available online mode only. Applicants can download it by entering details of Username and password.
- The admit card of DNB CET 2021 will be released in the second week of December 2020 for January session.
- For the July session, it will be released in the third week of June 2021. Applicants must keep the photocopy of it till admission.
- Candidates must bring the following documents to the exam centre.
- A printed copy of the Admit Card with a photo pasted on it.
- Photocopy of the Permanent or Provisional SMC/MCI registration.
- Any one of the following authorized photo IDs must be original and non-expired.
- PAN Card, Driving License, Voter ID, Passport and Aadhar Card.
DNB CET 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus of DNB CET 2021 will have the topics from the subjects prescribed by the authority of the Medical Council of India with the prior consideration of the Government of India. The question paper will consist of Part A and Part B sections.
|Part A||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Ophthalmology, and Forensic Medicine.|
|Part B||ENT, general medicine, Statistical, and Biomedical Research SPM, general surgery, dermatology & STD, Anaesthesiology, Orthopaedics, radiology, paediatrics, obstetrics and Gynaecology, psychiatry.|
SUBJECT-WISE DISTRIBUTION OF QUESTIONS FOR DNB CET EXAM (2020 JULY ADMISSION SESSION)
|S.No.||SUBJECT||SUBJECT WISE WEIGHTAGE (OUT OF 300)|
|10.||SPM, STATISTICS & BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH||24|
|13.||DERMATOLOGY & STD||06|
|18.||OBSTETRICS & GYNAECOLOGY||24|
Note: Weightage of MCQs is indicative and purely provisional.
Preparation for DNB CET 2021
The applicant can follow the mentioned tips to prepare for DNB CET 2021 entrance test:
- Applicants must make a proper timetable to study.
- Before starting the preparation, the aspirant must review the exam pattern and syllabus.
- The revision must be done regularly by the aspirants in each studied topic.
- Aspirants must solve the previous year’s question papers and sample papers to know the type of questions coming in the exam.
- Applicants must take care of their eating and sleeping habits during exam preparation.
DNB CET 2021 Exam Pattern
Applicants may check the exam pattern of DNB CET 2021 which given below
|Exam Mode||DNB CET 2021 examination will be held in computer-based|
|Type of Question||The question paper will comprise of multiple-choice questions. The question paper of all medical super specialities, all surgical super specialities, and all paediatric super specialities will be the same.|
|The medium language of the paper||The language of the question paper will be English.|
|Number of questions||Applicants will be asked a total of 180 multiple choice questions from each section.|
|Time Duration||Applicants will be given the time duration of 3 hours 30 minutes to complete each section|
|Marking Scheme||For each correct answer, 4 marks will be awarded. For every wrong answer, 25% negative marking will be done.|
DNB CET 2021 Result
Qualifying Criteria: Applicants who obtain a minimum percentile as per the category below shall be declared as “Qualified” in DNB CET 2021. Qualifying Criteria of the exam is given below:
The validity of CET Result: The validity of the result of the DNB-CET will be only for the current admission session and cannot be carried forward for the next session of CET.
Declaration of Result: The results for the January session has been declared in the Third week of January 2021. The mark sheet-cum-result certificate for the DNB-CET exam can be downloaded from NBE website www.nbe.edu.in after the declaration of result. There is no provision for re-checking /re-totalling/re-evaluation of the question paper, answers, score and no query in this regard will be entertained.
Tie – Breaker Criteria: In the event of two or more candidates have the same score, then the merit position shall be determined using the following tie-breaker criteria in descending order:
- An applicant with a lesser number of incorrect responses in the overall paper shall be placed at higher merit position.
- An applicant with a higher score in Part B of the question paper shall be placed at higher merit position.
- Failing which, date of birth of the applicant will be taken into consideration. The older candidate will be placed at a better merit position.
DNB CET 2021 Counselling
Eligibility for Counselling: Applicants who will qualify the Centralized Entrance Test (DNB-CET) conducted by NBE and fulfil the eligibility criteria for admission to DNB Broad Specialty. Guidelines for online centralised merit-based counselling shall be available at NBE website in due course.
DNB CET Seat Allotment
• The allotment of seats shall be made to the eligible candidates only through personal appearance and candidates will be called in batches in the order of their merit position, as per the schedule of Counselling available on NBE website.
• Applicants have to be present on the day of his/her counselling to participate in the counselling at the scheduled time specified in his/her Rank Letter.
• The schedule for further rounds of counselling shall be notified at the official website of NBE after completion of the first round of Counselling. Applicants are advised to visit NBE website regularly for updates regarding counselling.
• The applicant can also opt-out his/her option for participation in a further round of counselling through the NBE website until the day of his / her scheduled counselling. The applicant need not appear for counselling at NBE office Delhi for opting out for a further round of counselling.
• Candidates who do not attend/participate in the counselling at their first opportunity either in person or through online shall not be eligible for participation in the subsequent round(s) of counselling.
• Candidates opting for a confirmed seat are not eligible to participate in subsequent rounds of counselling irrespective of their joining/not- joining/resignation from the seat already opted for.
• The counselling shall be done purely based on DNB CET Merit Position. The merit has been made by marks obtained by the candidates in DNB CET.
• No separate letter/communication regarding counselling is being sent to the applicants. Therefore, all the eligible candidates are advised to refer to the NBE website regularly for information and download their rank letter as well.
• Candidates are needed to bring their Rank Letter at the time of counselling along with the prescribed documents.
Documents required at time of admission
Applicants must bring their original as well as photocopies of their documents at the time of admission. Some of the documents which are mention below:
• Rank Letter
• DNB CET 2021 Result
• MBBS Degree certificate
• Class 10 & 12 marks sheet and pass certificate
• Category certificate (if applicable)
• Aadhar card
• PAN Card
• Driving license
• SMC/MCI Registration certificate bearing the candidate’s photograph.
DNB CET 2021 Highlights
In the below table the candidates can check a few short summaries of DNB CET 2021:
|Name of Examination||Diplomate of National Board – Centralised Entrance Test 2021|
|Commonly Known As||DNB-CET 2021|
|Conducting Body||National Board of Examination|
|Examination Level||National Level|
|Category||Postgraduate Medical Examination|
|Purpose of Exam||Qualifying cum Ranking Examination for admission to DNB courses|
|Periodicity||Twice a Year|
|States that accept exam scores||All the states and union territories of India|
|Reservation of Seats||For SC/ST/OBC/Persons with disability (PWD) at hospitals/institutions which are covered as per rules|