Indian National Olympiad (INO) 2023 registration for the Indian Olympiad Qualifier (IOQ) has been closed. The exam dates have been announced. INO is the second stage of the qualifying exam for the International Science Olympiad. The Indian National Science Olympiad exam is conducted by the Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE). The candidates who have qualified in the National Standard Examination (NSE) are eligible to participate in the Indian National Olympiad. The exam is conducted at 18 centres across India in various Science subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Astronomy, and Junior Science. To get more details about the INO Registration, exam dates, syllabus, eligibility, question papers, result, etc, read the complete article.
Admission Open 2023
- Top University & Colleges Official Links, Application & Scholarship Forms.
Indian National Olympiad 2023 Exam Status
The candidates who are eligible to participate in the Indian National Olympiad must check the exam status of the same. The details of the INO 2023 exam is given below:
|Indian Olympiad Qualifier (IOQ) Registration
|IOQ 2023-22 Exam||January 2022|
- Indian Olympiad Qualifier (IOQ) Registration has been closed.
- The exam date for Indian Olympiad Qualifier in Junior Science (IOQJS) is 9 January 2022
- The exam date for Indian Olympiad Qualifier in Physics (IOQP) and Indian Olympiad Qualifier in Biology (IOQB) is 16 January 2022
- Exam date for Indian Olympiad Qualifier in Astronomy (IOQA) and Indian Olympiad Qualifier in Chemistry (IOQC) is 23 January 2022
Indian National Olympiad 2023 Dates
The Indian National Olympiad for various subjects will take place on the specified dates. However, the exact dates of the INO have not been announced. Candidates can check the tentative dates of the Indian National Olympiad 2023 from the table given below:
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about Indian National Olympiad 2023: Exam Dates(Announced) - Admissions
|Important Events||Dates (Announced)|
|Last Date to Register for INO Exam||15 November 2023|
|Date of the INO Exam||
|Availability of Provisional answer key||a few days after the exam|
|Due date of challenging the answer key||one week after the release of the provisional answer key|
|Final releasing of the answer key||February 2022|
|Declaration of the Exam Results||March 2022|
|Declaration of the Final Results after Revaluation||March 2022|
Indian National Olympiad 2023 Exam Pattern
The candidates who are going to participate in the INO must check the exam pattern and type of questions in the exam. They can check the details of the exam pattern from below:
- Type of Question: Objective type questions
- Mode of the Exam: Online (CBT)
- Number of Questions: 80
- Meduim of Question Paper: English/ Hindi
- Negative Marking: Yes
Indian National Olympiad 2023 Syllabus
Students participating in the INO must go through the syllabus of the exam, to prepare for the Olympiad. The basic syllabus details for each subject in the Indian National Olympiad exam is given below:
|Indian National Astronomy Olympiad (INAO)||Is broadly equivalent to senior secondary level (up to and including Class XII) of CBSE. There will be greater emphasis on Physics, Mathematics, and Elementary Astronomy.|
|Indian National Biology Olympiad (INBO)||Is broadly equivalent to senior secondary level (up to and including Class XII) of CBSE.|
|Indian National Chemistry Olympiad (INChO)||Is broadly equivalent to senior secondary level (up to and including Class XII) of CBSE.|
|Indian National Junior Science Olympiad (INJSO)||Is broadly equivalent to the secondary school level (up to and including Class X) of CBSE. All the basic subjects of science (Biology, Chemistry, and Physics) and Mathematics may have roughly equal emphasis.|
|Indian National Physics Olympiad (INPhO)||Is broadly equivalent to senior secondary level (up to and including Class XII) of CBSE.|
Indian National Olympiad 2023 Result
Once the Olympiad for all the subjects is over, the conducting authority will announce the result of the Indian National Olympiad Result.
- The Indian National Science Olympiad Result will be published on the official website.
- Candidates can check their names in the list of the selected candidates for the International Science Olympiad (ISO).
- Students can check their marks in the Olympiad exam by entering their INO Registration number or roll number and name.
What after Qualifying Indian National Olympiad 2023?
Once the result of the Indian National Olympiad is announced, the selected candidates will be eligible for the next stage of the Olympiad.
- The top students from the INOs (approximately 35 in each subject) will be invited for the third stage, which is the Orientation-cum-Selection Camps (OCSCs).
- The OCSC will be held at HBCSE during April to June months.
- At these camps, are trained for the International Olympiad on the theoretical, experimental, and observational (for astronomy) components.
- The students are given the training to develop their conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- In astronomy, students are trained in basic notions in astrophysics, astronomical data analysis, and night sky observations.
- Finally, on the basis of performance in these tests, few students will be selected to represent India at the international Olympiads.
Indian National Olympiad 2023 Application Form
The candidates can register for the Indian National Olympiad through online mode. Those participants who have qualified in the National Standard Examination (NSE) can enroll for the INO. The steps to do the online registration for the Indian National Olympiad is given below:
- Initially, the candidates will have to visit the portal of the conduction authority.
- Since the candidates have already registered themselves for the National Standard Examination (Stage I), they can log in using the user id and password.
- After that, the applicant will have to open the INO application form from the link available on the home page.
- All the details in the INO application form need to be entered such as personal, educational, academic, residentials, contact, and many more.
- Then the applicants will have to attach a photograph of passport size.
- At the time of registration, students can choose their examination centre.
- Then the applicants may check the application fee and submit the form.
- Once the application fee is paid, the candidates can take a printout of the application form for future references.
Indian National Olympiad 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The applicants must read the eligibility criteria for each subject before applying for the Olympiad exam. The authorities will accept the application form of only those candidates who fulfill the minimum eligibility requirements for the exam. The details of the eligibility criteria for the Indian National Science Olympiad (INSO) is given below:
- Only Indian Students can apply for the Indian National Olympiad.
- The applicant who wants to apply for the INO must have appeared for any of the exams of NSEA, NSEP, NSEB, NSEC.
- Students will be eligible for INO (in the particular subject) if they score equal to or greater than the Minimum Admissible Score (MAS). The MAS for a given subject will be 50% of the average of the top ten scores in that subject.
- Students who score above the merit index will automatically qualify for INO for each subject. The merit index in a subject is defined as 80% of the average of the top ten scores in that subject rounded off to the nearest lower integer.
- The quota for each state and Union Territory will be similar to the student’s quota, as decided by the National Talent Search Examination (NTSE). The total number of students to be selected per subject is 300 ( 500 for Astronomy).
- A minimum of one student must be selected from each state or Union Territory.
- As per HBCSE norms, 300 students should be selected for the INO stage 2 exam. In case the norms are not met, the additional students will be selected purely merit-wise, provided they score more than the Minimum Admissible Score (MAS) until the target number of 300 students is reached.
- Students who have already represented India in the International Olympiad (IOAA, IBO, IChO, IJSO, IPhO, IPhO, or IAO- Jr) do not need to appear for NSE for that particular subject. Such students can send a written request to the National Coordinator to directly sit for the second stage, i.e., the Indian National Olympiad.
Click Here to register online for IOQ 2023
Indian National Olympiad 2023 Highlights
|Name of the Exam||Indian National Olympiad 2023|
|Short Name||INO 2023|
|Conducting Authority||Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE) and Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR)|
|Purpose of the Exam||to select the meritorious candidates for International Olympiad|
|Level of Exam||National|
|Exam Dates||February 2022|
Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE) is an organization that promotes the interest in science education and research among secondary and higher secondary students. The broad goals of the Centre are to promote equity and excellence in science and mathematics education from primary school to undergraduate college level and encourage the growth of scientific literacy in the country. HBCSE conducts the International Science and Maths Olympiad to select the students to represent India at the International Olympiads.
FAQs on INO 2023
Q1. Can I directly sit for the Indian National Olympiad without giving the National Standard Examination (NSE)?
Ans: If a student has already represented India in any International Olympiad do not need to sit again for the NSE. They can directly appear in the INO 2023 by notifying the coordinator.
Q2. What is the registration fee for Indian National Olympiad 2023?
Ans: The registration fees for INO have not been disclosed yet. We will notify it as soon as we get the information.
Q3. Do I need to register again for the Indian National Olympiad 2023?
Ans: Yes, the shortlisted candidates who have qualified in the NSE must again register themselves to participate in the Indian National Olympiad 2023.