NEET PG 2021 exam has been postponed. National Eligibility cum Entrance Test 2021 is a national level examination conducted by the National Board of Examination(NBE). It is conducted for aspirants, who seek to get admission into MD/MS/Post Graduate Diploma courses. No other examination, either at the state or institution level will be conducted for admission into PG medical courses. In this article, the applicant can get complete information about NEET PG 2021.
- NEET PG 2021 entrance exam has been postponed due to the COVID-19 situation till further notice.
NEET PG 2021 Important Dates
NEET PG & MDS 2020 Important dates are mentioned in the table below.
|Online Registration will Starts||23 February 2021|
|Last Date for the submission form||15 March 2021|
|NEET Admit Card will be available on||14 April 2021|
|Exam will be held on||
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about NEET PG 2021 (Postponed): Admit Card(Released) - Admissions
|Result/Cut Off will be released on||June 2021|
|Download of scorecard||June 2021|
|Counselling Starts||June 2021|
NEET PG 2021 Admit Card
The detailed information regarding NEET PG and MDS Hall ticket is given below:
- Applicants have to affix their latest passport size photo in the space given on the admit card.
NEET PG 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus for NEET- PG is the subject/knowledge areas as per Graduate Medical Education Regulations. GMER was issued by the previously known as Medical Council of India, which is now National Medical Council. Candidates appearing for the exam can download the GMER here to know their syllabus.
NEET PG 2021 Result
The detailed information is given below.
- The result will be declared on the official website of the conducting body.
- Result of the exam can be checked by entering the roll number and date of birth.
- No scorecard will be sent to the applicants through offline mode.
- The merit of the applicants will be declared after applying the tiebreaker criteria on the merit list.
- A total of 167102 candidates applied for NEET PG and out of these 160888 appeared for the exam. Out of these 89549 candidates have qualified the exam. Hence, 55.67% of candidates have qualified the exam.
NEET PG 2021 Cut Off
- The cut off of the exam will be declared along with the result declaration. It will be announced in online mode only.
- The cut off is the minimum qualifying marks which the applicant have to require to get admission into PG courses.
To get admission into medical PG courses, candidates have to secure the following marks which are segmented category wise:
|General – Physically handicapped||45% Percentile|
NEET PG 2021 Counselling
The detailed information regarding the NEET PG Counselling is given below.
- The 50% All India Quota seats of PG courses will be allotted by the Directorate General of Health Services, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India through centralized counselling.
- For state quota seats, the counselling will be held by the concerned State Medical Directorate/Counselling authority(s) of the State/UT.
- For counselling, the merit list will be segmented as NEET PG 2020 rank, All India 50% quota rank, All India 50% quota category rank and State quota/ Private medical colleges rank.
Applicants will participate in the counselling process as per the rank. Candidates will have to choose the colleges & courses according to their preferences.
How many seats shall be available for all States?
Candidates are advised to visit MCI Website www.mciindia.org for the latest information about various MD/MS/Post Graduate Diploma courses & seats available at different Medical Colleges/Institutions in India.
Who will conduct the counselling for All India 50% quota seats?
Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) of Director General of Health Services, Government of India will be conducting counselling for All India 50% Quota Seats.
NEET PG 2021 Application Form
Here, we are providing full details regarding the NEET PG & MDS 2021 application form releasing mode, date, fee, etc. The application process for these exams will also be conducted online.
- The applications cannot be accepted in offline mode.
- At the time form filling, applicants have to upload their scanned Photograph, Signature & Left Thumb Impression.
- Candidates will not be permitted to submit more than one application.
- Candidates will also have to choose the city in which they want to give the exam. It will depend on a first come first serve basis.
- Take a printout copy of application form for future references.
NEET PG 2021 Application Fee
- General and OBC candidates – The examination fee is Rs 4250. GST @ 18% is Rs 765. Therefore overall amount is Rs 5015.
- SC, ST, PWD candidates – Examination fee is Rs 3250. GST @ 18% is Rs 585. Therefore overall amount is Rs 3835.
- The payment can be done through credit card/debit card or internet banking.
How to Apply NEET PG 2021?
The application process is likely to begin in October.
- Applicants have to fill their application form via online mode.
- The Prospectus will be available on the official website of the National Board of Examinations.
- It is advised to the applicant that applicants must take the print out of system generated the application and save for future use.
NEET PG 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates have to check eligibility criteria before filling the application. It is given below:
|Nationality||Both, Indian and foreign nationals can apply for these courses|
|Qualifying Exam||Applicants should be passed MBBS degree recognized from MCI and must possess a permanent or provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification.|
|Internship||Applicant should complete one year of internship on or before 31 March 2020.|
|Reserve Quota seat||Applicants, those studied/qualified MBBS degree from J & K, Telangana and Andhra Pradesh are not eligible for 50% AQI.
If these applicants submit a duly signed affidavit declaring that they were nominated by the Government of India (under central pool seats) to do MBBS from medical colleges of above states, then they are eligible to participate in All India 50% quota counselling.
Who is eligible to take the NEET-PG 2021?
- Students of MBBS degree/Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate from a Medical College/Institute duly recognized by Indian Medical Council Act & Medical Council of India.
- candidate must have permanent or provisional registration certificate of MBBS or equivalent qualification issued by the Medical Council of India / State Medical Council.
- And the applicant must have completed one year of internship or are likely to complete the same on or before 31st March 2021 may apply for NEET-PG.
NEET PG 2021 Exam Pattern
NEET PG & MDS exams will be MCQ-based and will be conducted in Computer-based mode. The full details of the exam are mentioned below:
- Mode: It will be held in online mode (computer-based test).
- Session: The examination will be conducted on a single day in a single session.
- Number of Questions: In the exam, there will be a total of 300 multiple choice type questions will be asked.
- Medium: The question paper will be in English mode only.
- Duration: The time duration will be 3 hours 30 minutes.
- Marking Scheme: For the correct answer, four marks will be awarded to the candidates.
- Negative Marking: There will be 25% (one mark) deducted for every wrong answer.
|Subjects||Subject Wise Weightage of Questions (In Nos.)|
|Social and Preventive Medicine||25|
|Medicine Dermatology and Venereology||37|
|Surgery, ENT, Orthopaedics and Anaesthesia||46|
|Radiodiagnosis & Radiotherapy||12|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||25|
NEET PG 2021 Highlights
|Name of Examination||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test – Post Graduate 2020, NEET MDS 2020 Examination|
|Acronyms||NEET PG & NEET MDS 2020|
|Conducting Body||National Board of Examination (NBE)|
|Examination Level||National Level|
|Purpose of Exam||Admissions into PG medical courses & MDS|
|States that accept NEET PG scores||All states and union territories of India|
|Selection Process||Entrance Exam|