CLAT 2022 is scheduled to be held on 08 May whereas CLAT 2023 will be held on 18 December 2022. The Consortium of NLUs has released the exam dates for both 2022 and 2023. Common-Law Admission Test is the national level exam conducted by the Consortium of Law University. After qualifying for this exam the candidates are offered admission to the undergraduate and postgraduate law program. CLAT is conducted by 21 National Law Universities (NLUs) on a rotational basis. It is an All India Level Common Law Entrance Examination for the students aspiring to seek admissions in Integrated LL.B. and LL.M. program. Interested candidates can go through the following article for detailed information regarding the CLAT exam like exam date, application form, eligibility, syllabus, etc.
Admission Open 2023
- Top University & Colleges Official Links, Application & Scholarship Forms.
CHECK CLAT 2023 HERE.
CLAT 2022 Status
|Exam Notification||to be Announced|
- The consortium of NLUs will conduct the offline-based exam on May 08, 2022. The exam will be conducted at 82 cities and 147 test centres across the country. The exam duration will be two-hours during which candidates have to answer 150 objective-type questions (CLAT PG will have 120 MCQs).
- CLAT 2023 will be held on December 18, 2022. The exam will also be conducted in offline, pen and paper mode.
CLAT 2022 Dates
The important dates of CLAT 2022 exam is given below.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about CLAT 2022: Application Form, Exam Date (Announced) - Admissions
|Start of Applications||01 January 2022|
|Last date to fill up the application form||to be announced|
|Release of Admit card||About 2 weeks before exam|
|CLAT 2022 Exam Date||8 May 2022|
|CLAT 2023 exam date||18 December 2022|
|Answer key release||Same day after the exam|
|Result||To be announced|
CLAT 2022 Application Form
The vital information regarding CLAT application form 2022 is given below.
- CLAT application form will be available from 01 January 2022.
- The registration form has been released in online mode.
- Candidates will be able to fill the application form through the official website.
- Applicants are requested to fill valid and working details in the form.
- Candidates will have to register themselves for filling the application form.
- After that applicant has to upload the scan copies of documents, signature and PP size photograph.
- The official authority will provide the application form correction window.
- Multiple forms of the single candidate will be rejected by the officials.
CLAT 2022 Application Fee
The category wise application fee of CLAT 2022 is given below.
|Category||Application Form Fee|
|Unreserved / Other Backward Classes / Specially Abled Persons / Other Category Candidates||Rs. 4,000 /-|
|Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes and BPL Categories||Rs. 3,500 /-|
- Mode of Payment: The application fee will be paid through online mode via:
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
- Note: Once the fee paid will be not refunded in any circumstances.
How to fill the CLAT 2022 application form?
The procedure of filling the application form is given below.
- Step 1 – Go to the official website. i.e. consortiumofnlus.ac.in/ Click on “Apply” button.
- Step 2 – The registration form will appear on the screen.
- Step 3 – Then applicants need to register themselves making a log in the account using their E-mail ID.
- Step 4 – An OTP will be sent to the mobile number for verification.
- Step 5 – Candidates are requested to fill the form correctly.
- Step 6 – If any mistake is in the application form candidates are requested to cancel the for and apply for the fresh form.
- Step 7- Then, the aspirant also has to fill the preference of all 21 NLU’s along with other details.
- Step 8 – After that applicant has to upload their documents.
The list of the documents that have to be uploaded are:
- Qualifying degree details
- Valid Email id and mobile number
- Fee Payment details
- Front-facing recent passport size photograph (with plain background)
- Candidates scanned signature
- Category certificate (if SC/ ST)
CLAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for CLAT 2022 is given below.
- Qualifying Marks: For Undergraduate the minimum necessary marks are 45% (40% for Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes). And for Postgraduation The minimum necessary marks are 55% (50% for Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes).
- Qualification Criteria: Following are the qualification criteria for UG & PG course.
|Under Graduate||The candidates who pass 10+2 or equivalent examination are eligible for the application.
The aspirants appearing in the qualifying examination in March 2022 / April 2022 will also be eligible for the examination. But, these candidates need to provide their proof of passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission.
|Post Graduate||The candidates who have completed LL.B. / Five Year Integrated LL.B. (Hons.) / Equivalent Examinations will be eligible for application.
The aspirants who are currently appearing in Final Semester Examination / Final Year Examination will also be eligible for the examination.
CLAT 2022 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of CLAT exam pattern is given below.
|Mode of Exam||Offline (Pen & Paper Based Test)|
|Duration of Exam||2 Hours|
|Question Type||MCQ/ Objective Type|
|Number of Questions||120 – 150 (For UG Candidates)
150 (For PG Candidates)
|Total No. of Marks||200|
|Negative Marking||0.25 Marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer|
- Marking Scheme of Common Law Admission 2022
|For UG courses (Integrated)||Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||20|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||50|
|English including comprehension||40|
|For PG Courses||Jurisprudence||50|
|Other Law Subjects such as Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR etc||50|
CLAT 2022 Syllabus
The detailed information regarding the CLAT Syllabus is given below.
- For UG courses will include the following sections, i.e. English consist of Comprehension, General Knowledge, and Current Affairs, Mathematics, Legal Aptitude & Logical Reasoning.
- For PG courses, applicants can study from these sections, i.e. Constitutional Law, Jurisprudence & Other Law Subjects
|English including comprehension||It consists of comprehension passages and grammar like the meaning of words used therein, understanding of the passage, fill up the blanks in sentences with proper words, correcting of incorrect grammatical sentences, etc.|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||It consists of general awareness like static general knowledge, questions on national and international current affairs, etc.|
|Mathematics||Mathematics test will check the applicant’s knowledge of elementary mathematics(studied in class 10th).|
|Legal Aptitude||Legal Aptitude test will be judged to check the interest of applicants towards the study of law, problem-solving ability, legal propositions (given in the paper), research aptitude etc.|
|Logical Reasoning||It consists of syllogisms, logical sequences, identifies patterns, rectifies illogical arguments, logical links, analogies, etc.|
CLAT 2022 Preparation Tips
The tips to prepare for the CLAT exam are given below:
- Start the preparation early to complete the syllabus on time.
- Go through the exam pattern and syllabus.
- Gather the complete study material needed for the preparation.
- Make a proper study schedule for the preparation.
- Make short notes for the preparation and revise them.
- Solve previous year papers and evaluate the performance.
CLAT 2022 Admit Card
The vital information regarding the admit card of CLAT 2022 is given below.
- Common-Law Admission Test (CLAT) 2022 Admit Card will be available soon.
- Applicants will be required to login to their registered accounts to download the admission ticket.
- The law candidates must carry their Hall Ticket at the examination centre of the Common Law Admission Test.
- Entry is prohibited without the CLAT Admit Card in the Examination Hall.
- Moreover, applicants are also advised to check all the information mentioned on the CLAT Admit Card.
- It is also advised to download and take a copy of Admit card for future references.
CLAT 2022 Result
The detailed information regarding the CLAT Result is given below.
- The result will be released soon by the authority.
- Scorecard will be released in online mode.
- Candidates can check the result from the official website.
- The result will be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidate in the exam.
- On the basis of the result of the candidates, the authority will release the cutoff list.
- Candidates have to take the print out of the result for further use.
- How to check CLAT Result?
- The procedure of checking the CLAT Result is given below.
- Candidates need to go to the Official website of Common Law Admission Test 2020.
- Click on the CLAT Result 2020 link.
- Then, Applicants will have to fill a registration number or roll number along with the DOB (date of birth).
- The result will be displayed on the screen.
- Candidate can then download their CLAT Result.
CLAT 2022 Cut Off
The details regarding the CLAT 2022 Cutoff are given below:
- National Law University Odisha (NLUO) Cuttack will issue the cutoff of Common Law Admission Test 2020 after the announcement of the result.
- The cutoff list will be released in online mode by the authority.
- Candidates will be able to download the cutoff list from the official website.
- It should be noted that Cutoff is considered as minimum marks to be secured by applicants for admissions into the NLUs.
- Moreover, Applicants need to know that the CLAT cutoff is also assumed to be the last rank by which an aspirant is shortlisted for counselling and admissions to the undergraduate law programs.
CLAT 2022 Counselling
The details regarding the CLAT 2022 Counselling are given below:
- CLAT Counselling proceeds will start after the release of the cutoff list.
- The authority will invite the shortlisted candidates for the counselling process.
- Candidates will have to register themselves for the counselling process.
- Candidates have to bring the original documents as well as photocopies.
- The authority will verify the documents to check the eligibility of the candidate.
Required Documents at Counselling
The documents required for the counselling process are listed below:
- Common-Law Admission Test 2022 Application Form
- Common-Law Admission Test 2022 Admit Card
- 10th class Marksheet (as Date of Birth proof)
- 12th class Marksheet
- Caste Certificate (If applicable)
- Specially-Abled Certificate (If applicable)
- NRI Certificate (If applicable)
- Domicile Certificate (If applicable)
CLAT 2022 Highlights
The highlights of CLAT examination 2022 are as follows:
|Exam Name||CLAT 2022 (Common-Law Admission Test)|
|Conducting Body||National Law Universities|
|Course||Undergraduate and Postgraduate Courses in Law|
|CLAT Official website||https://consortiumofnlus.ac.in/|
|Exam Purpose||To offer admission in various Undergraduate and Postgraduate Law Courses across India|
- FAQs of CLAT 2022
When will the CLAT 2020 be conducted?
CLAT 2020 will be conducted on 10 May 2020.
How many colleges will participate in CLAT 2020?
21 National Law Universities will be participating in CLAT 2020. Apart from 21 NLUs, several other colleges will also use CLAT scores for admissions.
What changes are introduced in CLAT 2020?
This year, CLAT 2020 (UG) will have 150 questions while cut-offs are introduced in CLAT LLM admission test.
What is the last date to apply for CLAT 2020
The application form of CLAT 2020 will be closed on 31 March 2020.
- Similar Exam
- The candidates can these exams as almost qualification is the same.
|S. No.||Exam||Apply Now|