CAT 2021 is aslo known as Common Admission Test which is conducted by IIM Ahmedabad. The exam is taken by all those who are aspiring to study Management courses in India. The nineteen Indian Institutes of Management conducts Common Admission Test every year. It takes place probably in the month of November. This exam is generally considered a tough one and students commonly start preparing for the exam as much as a year before the actual exam. The mock tests follow the preparation as the general perception suggests that it requires a lot of practice and time management skills to ace this exam.
CAT 2021 Status
|Exam date||Yet to Announce|
CAT 2021 Important Dates
CAT 2021 Important Dates are mentioned below which shall be followed by all the applicants to not miss on anything important:
|Events of CAT 2021||Dates(Tentative)|
|Release of official notification||Last week of July 2021|
|Start of registrations||1st week of August 2021|
|Last date to register||4th week of September 2021|
|Application Form Correction||Last week of September 2021|
|Admit Card release||Last week of October 2021|
|CAT 2021 Exam Date||Last week of November 2021|
|Release of Answer Key||1st week of December 2021|
|CAT 2021 Result||2nd/3rd week of January 2021|
CAT 2021 Application Form
Important instructions provided by the CAT conducting body for filling up the Common Admission Test 2021 application form are as follows:
- The first and most necessary step in filling up the CAT 2021 application form is registering on the official website of IIM CAT.
- In the next step, candidates need to fill in the correct details about their educational qualifications, personal information, and category related information etc.
- In case, a candidate belongs to the reserved category (SC/ ST/ OBC/ DA/ PWD), they will have to upload a copy of their Caste/ DA/ PWD certificate on the website at the time of form submission. Failure to do so will result in the rejection of the form as it will be incomplete. The candidates will have to produce the same in original at the time of the interview and have to submit a copy of the certificate at the time of admission.
- Candidates applying for the SC/ST/OBC category status must pay proper attention to the CAT literature and must check that their tribe or caste is listed in the Central List that the Government of India has issued, of the tribes and caste that the government has recognized as SC/ST/OBC.
CAT 2021 Application Fee
The candidates will have to pay a registration fee to successfully register on the website online for the entrance exam. General category applicants need to pay 2000/- INR while the reserved category (SC/ ST/ OBC/ DA/ PWD) candidates need to pay a subsidized fee of 1000/- INR only. The applicants can pay the fee online through Online mode.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about CAT 2021: Application Form, Eligibility Criteria
CAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
CAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria are given below for all sort of applicants and all the applicants must go through it to know about their eligibility:
- Applicants must have secured at least 50% marks in their bachelor’s degree or an equivalent score at an institution that is recognized by the Government of India. In case of applicants who belong to the reserved category such as Scheduled Caste (SC), Schedule Tribe (ST), Differently Abled (DA) and People with Disabilities (PWD), the minimum score requirement to appear in this exam has been reduced to 45%
- In case, an applicant’s degree issuing institution follows a different method of awarding scores such as grades/ CGPA, instead of marks in percentage format, the conversion of marks of such applicants will be done based on the conversion procedure recommended or followed by that respective university / Institute/ College. If any University happens not to have such a score conversion scheme then a standard procedure will be followed for converting CGPA to equivalent marks. The score equivalence will be drawn by dividing the applicant’s CGPA by the maximum CGPA possible. The result of which will then be multiplied with 100.
- Applicants who are currently in their final year of the undergraduate degree program or a degree program that is equivalent and recognized by the Government of India or such applicants who have completed their final year but are still awaiting the results can also apply. Upon being selected, such candidates will be given the liberty to join the Management degree program provisionally. However, such candidates will be required to produce and submit their undergraduate qualifying degree certificate latest by June 30, 2019. The final score submitted should meet the primary requirements stated in the CAT eligibility criteria. Refer to the instructions provided on the CAT official website or bookmark this page for the latest updates on the eligibility criteria.
Details about Reservation in CAT Exam
A definite number of seats are vacant for candidates belonging to any of these categories:
|Category||Percentage of Seats Reserved|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||27%|
|Persons with Disabilities||3%|
Aspirants belonging to the reserved categories listed above must read the information booklet carefully and abide by the rules laid down by the CAT conducting body. While the government has made provisions to accommodate people from all categories, the candidates belonging to all these categories will still have to fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria to write the exam as well as score a minimum required marks in the CAT exam to secure admission at one of the IIMs. The candidates belonging to the OBC category must check an updated list of caste included in Central List by the National Commission of Backward Classes, the Government of India.
CAT 2021 Paper Pattern
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test|
|Sectional Timing||40 minutes for each section|
|Number of Sections||There are 03 sections:
Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC)
|Type of Questions||MCQs & TITA|
|Marking Scheme||+3 For Correct Answers (MCQs & TITA)
-1 For Incorrect Answers (MCQs only)
Distribution of Questions – Note that IIMs do not reveal the questions distribution before exam. We have provided last year’s question distribution below.
|Section||No. of Qs – Total||No. of MCQs||No. of TITAs|
CAT 2021 Syllabus
There isn’t any syllabus for CAT 2021. However, going by the current pattern, CAT will have 3 sections, Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR), Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VARC) and Quantitative Ability (QA). Students must devote the proper time and solve enough previous year questions to get a grip on the kind of questions that are usual in the exam. It is equally important for students to familiarize themselves with time management skills as it plays a vital role in improving a candidate’s performance on the actual exam.
The QA section will have questions from Speed, Time and Distance, Profit and Loss, Geometry, Trigonometry, Probability, Number System, Permutation and Combination, Logarithmic Equations, HCF and LCM, Ratio, Quadratic and Linear Equations, Algebra, Mensuration, Percentages, progressions, Complex Numbers, Simple and Compound Interest. The DILR section will have questions from Logical Games, Calendars, Cubes, Tables, Graphical Representations, Charts, and any diagrammatical representation Clocks, Blood Relations, Seating Arrangements, etc.
CAT 2021 Admit Card
CAT 2021 Admit Card / Hall Ticket is available for download on the official site of CAT.
- The candidates must carry the admit card with them to the test centre on the day of the exam.
- Without the admit card, candidates will not get permission to enter to the test venue.
- The Admit card will have printed on it details of the candidate and the exam such as the full name of the candidate and application number along with the test centre location and date & time of the test.
- To download the form candidates will have to enter the valid login details that they used while registering on the website for the test.
CAT 2021 Answer Key
CAT 2021 Answer Key will be released soon after the exam. Candidates need to Log In first. Answer keys will be available post login.
- Individual responses to questions along with the official answer key will be published by the authority.
- Applicants can challenge the answer key if not satisfied by filling the objection form.
- Candidates can log in by using a user ID & password to view the key & question paper..
- The official answer key is released by the conducting IIM and after a few days of the exam.
- The official answer key and response sheet are available for objections.
- The fee to challenge objection in CAT answer key is (to be announced, last year it was Rs. 1200 per challenge).
- After reviewing the challenges, a final answer key is also released, based on which CAT scores are calculated.
CAT 2021 Results
CAT 2021 Results will be announced after the answer key will be released. Before that an answer key to be provided by the CAT conducting IIM, so that the candidates can have an idea of how they did on the exam. Also if the candidates feel that there is a problem with the answer key or the questions in the exam, the candidates can challenge the Answer Key by paying a nominal fee along with their application and proof against the wrong question in the exam or answers in the answer key.
Candidates will have to score a minimum marks percentage in each section to qualify for the next round of the selection process i.e G.D / P.I. The qualifying marks will be following the performance of other candidates in the exam.
CAT 2021 Results Procedure
- Steps to check the CAT 2021 results are:
- Sign in to your account on the official portal of CAT
- Click on the link that says ‘DOWNLOAD RESULTS’
- Enter your login details and solve the captcha correctly.
- As soon as the candidate will click submit, a new page will appear on the screen with the result.
- Download it and consider taking a printout of the result for the future.
CAT 2021 Selection Process
CAT is a highly competitive exam that can be quite rigorous. After the candidate completes the first step of the selection process that is writing the CAT exam, they need to wait for the results of the first round. The next two rounds consist of a Group Discussion followed by a Personal Interview. Candidates need a high percentile, usually more than 99% to get a call from the top IIMs. The interview conversion rate is generally dependent on a lot of factors such as prior work experience of the candidate, CAT percentile, academic record, etc. Every Institute has its criteria that they consider while selecting a candidate. Some may give more preference to a candidate’s academic record while others may decide to give more importance to a candidate’s experience and ability to deal with stress.
CAT 2021 Admission Procedure
The selection procedure for IIMs is usually very intensive and rigorous and merely meeting the eligibility criteria is not enough to ensure a place at one of the IIMs or any top-notch management institution. This information is here not to discourage prospects.
Common Admission Test 2019 is an admission exam that all students aspiring to study Management courses in India are aware of and most probably familiar with the courses and strategies as well. The nineteen IIM (Indian Institutes of Management) in India take turns to conduct the Common Admission Test every year. It takes place every year to select students to study postgraduate courses in the MBA entrance exam. This year IIM, Kozikhode got the opportunity to organize CAT 2021.
This exam is generally considered a tough one and students commonly start preparing for the exam as much as a year before the actual exam. The mock tests follow the preparation as the general perception suggests that it requires a lot of practice and time management skills to ace this exam.
Course at IIM
A. Post Graduate Programs in Management (PGP)
|IIM Ahmedabad||PGP, PGP-FABM, PGP||www.iima.ac.in|
|IIM Bangalore||PGP, PGPEM, PGPPM||www.iimb.ac.in|
|IIM Bodh Gaya||PGP||www.iimbg.ac.in|
|IIM Indore||PGP, PGP-HRM||www.iimidr.ac.in|
|IIM Kashipur||PGP, EPGP||www.iimkashipur.ac.in|
|IIM Kozhikode||PGP, EPGP (IIMK, IIMK Kochi Campus)||www.iimk.ac.in|
|IIM Lucknow||PGP, PGP-ABM, PGP-SM||www.iiml.ac.in|
|IIM Ranchi||PGP, PGP-HRM||www.iimranchi.ac.in|
|IIM Rohtak||PGP, EPGPX||www.iimrohtak.ac.in|
|RGIIM Shillong||PGP, PGPEX||www.iimshillong.ac.in|
|IIM Tiruchirappalli||PGP, PGPBM||www.iimtrichy.ac.in|
B. Fellow Programs in Management (FPM) [equivalent to PhD]
|IIM Kashipur||FPM, EFPM|
|IIM Raipur||FPM, EFPM|
|IIM Ranchi||PhD, PhD|
|IIM Rohtak||FPM, EFPM|
CAT 2021 Highlights
Check all the details about the Common Admission Test 2021 examination given below:
|Exam Name||Common Admission Test (CAT 2021)|
|Conducting Body||Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode|
|Course||MBA, Fellow Programme in Management, etc.|
|CAT Official website||https://iimcat.ac.in/|
|Application Link||Releasing Soon|
|Exam Mode||Online (CBT)|
|Exam Purpose||To offer admission in various Management Courses Offered by the numerous Institutions across India|
cat 2019 registration, cat 2019 syllabus pdf, cat 2019 application form, cat 2019 online application, cat 2019 result, cat 2019 registration last date, how to crack cat 2019, cat exam 2019 syllabus.