CAT 2020 or Common Admission Test 2020 will be conducted by IIM (Indian Institute of Management). It is a National Level Examination that helps candidates to acquire Management courses. Moreover, there are 19 IIMs (Indian Institutes of Management) in India but only six of them took charge to conduct this exam since 2009. The exam panel conducts this exam on a regular yearly basis. Furthermore, this exam is only for those who want to pursue Post Graduation in Management field only. The CAT exam is generally considered a tough one and students need to be persistent throughout the mock test. Aspirants commonly start preparing for the exam almost a year before the actual exam.candidates can read the complete details regarding the CAT exam in the article below.
Upcoming Application Form
- Amity University Admissions Open Now Apply Now
- Reva University Bengaluru Admissions Open Apply Now
- Manipal Uni. 2020 Admissions Now Open Apply Now
- UPES Admissions 2020 Now Open Apply Now
- NIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Amrita University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- KIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- LPU University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Chandigarh University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
CAT 2020-21 Exam Dates
The important dates of CAT 2020 are given in the table below:
|CAT 2020 notification release||Last week of July 2020|
|CAT Registrations start||First week of August 2020|
|Registrations end||Last week of September 2020|
|CAT form correction||Last week of September 2020|
|CAT mock test and official tutorial release||Second week of October 2020|
|Admit card release||Third week of October 2020|
|CAT 2020 exam||Last Sunday of November or first Sunday of December 2020|
|Answer key release||Second week of December 2020|
|Result declaration||First week of January 2021|
CAT 2020 Application Form
The details regarding the CAT 2020 application form are given below:
- The Application Form will commence in August 2020.
- The application form will release in online mode.
- Candidates must fulfil the eligibility criteria to fill the online application form.
- Upload your images (Photograph Dimension: 30mm X 45mm, Size: not more than 80KB) and ( Signature Dimension: 80mm X 35mm, Size: not more than 80KB) in a JPG/JPEG format.
- If a candidate is belonging to NC-OBC/SC/ST/PWD Category, then they must upload the category certificate while filling the online registration.
- Finally, Take a printout of the CAT application form 2020 for future reference.
CAT 2020 Application Form Correction Dates
- The exact date for the application correction window to open is not confirmed yet. It is expected that the window will open 10 days after the last date of registration.
- In the application, candidates are encouraged to provide a working email ID and a phone number.
- Most of the information related to the admission procedure is communicated online through email or phone notifications/ text messages.
CAT Application Fee
The aspirants need to pay a sum of money to be eligible for the exam.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about CAT 2020: Notification, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria
- The application fee will be Rs. 1900/- for General / NC-OBC candidates.
- For SC / ST / PWD candidates form fee will be Rs. 950/-.
- The application fee can be submitted by debit/credit cards or net banking.
Common Admission Test – CAT 2020
Admission for Indian students to the IIMs and mostly all good business schools are offered based on the performance of students in the Common Admission Test (CAT) and their overall percentile. Moreover some other prestigious Management Institutions apart from IIMs that consider a candidate’s CAT percentile for admission. Those institutes are S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research (Mumbai), Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), MDI Gurgaon, IMT Ghaziabad, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, etc. However, the weight-age given to the CAT scores may differ at different Management Institutes.
The CAT score and a lot of other factors together determine which Management Institutions the candidates will get a call from, for the next round of the admission process. Some important factors which are considered by these prestigious Business schools include work experience of a candidate, overall academic performance, participation in extracurricular activities, candidate’s performance in the Group Discussions (GD), writing assessment scores and Personal Interviews (P.I), etc.
Ongoing Application Forms - 2020
GNIOT Greater Noida
UPES Management Entrance Test
GD Goenka DAT
Manav Rachna University
Lovely Professional University
UPES Design Aptitude Test
CAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The details regarding the CAT 2020 Eligibility criteria are given below:
- Qualifying exam:
- Applicants must have secured at least 50% marks in their Graduation or an equivalent score at an Institution that is Recognised by the Government of India.
- Age Criteria: There is no such age limit prescribed for the CAT exam.
- Appearing candidates: Candidates appearing in their final year of Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent can apply for the exam.
- Reservation criteria:
- In case of applicants who belong to the Reserved Category such as Scheduled Caste (SC), Schedule Tribe (ST), Differently Abled (DA) and People with Disabilities (PWD), the minimum score requirement to appear in this exam has been reduced to 45%.
Read about the Updated CAT Eligibility Criteria Here.
CAT 2020 Exam Pattern
The details regarding the CAT 2020 Exam pattern are given below:
- Mode: The exam was organized on a digital or Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Duration: The total exam duration will be 180 minutes. Sixty minutes duration has been allotted to complete each section.
- Number of Questions: The exam will have total 100 questions.
- Total Marks: The CAT exam will have a total of 300 Marks.
- Marking scheme:
- For every correct answer: +03 marks.
- For every incorrect answer: -01 marks.
- Sections: There are three sections in the CAT exam namely-
2.Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension.
3.Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning.
CAT 2020 Exam Pattern
No. of MCQs
No. of Non-MCQs
Questions from each section
Time allotted to each section (minutes)
Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC)
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DI & LR)
Quantitative Ability (QA)
|Correct Response||Incorrect Response|
Download CAT Exam Pattern Here.
CAT Exam 2020 Syllabus
Candidates can check CAT 2020 syllabus from the given below table:
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DI & LR)
Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC)
Quantitative Ability (QA)
How to Prepare for CAT?
This information is provided here to encourage the candidates to perform better Academically. Also, to ask them to prepare well for the exams if their dream is to study at one of the top business schools.
Tips to prepare for CAT 2020
- CAT Is the exam for you to crack and achieve an MBA Degree from reputed colleges of India like IIM.
- Candidates have to learn the basic topic of each Quant and Verbal.
- Revise your class 8 to class 10 math concepts.
- Make excellent command over puzzles.
- You can also go for a regular classroom program.
Best Books For CAT 2020
Given below are some books which can help a candidate to score good marks in the exam.
|Logical Reasoning||How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT||Arun Sharma|
|Quantitative Aptitude||How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT||Arun Sharma|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||The Pearson Guide To Verbal Ability And Logical Reasoning For The CAT||Nisiht Sinha|
|Verbal Ability||How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT||Arun Sharma|
CAT 2020 Admit Card
The details regarding the CAT 2020 Admit card are given below:
- CAT 2020 Admit Card will be available to the candidates form October 2020.
- Candidates can download the CAT 2020 Admit Card from the official website.
- The admit card will be released in online mode.
- Candidate can download their respective admit cards by entering user ID and Password.
Details mentioned in the CAT 2020 Admit card
The hall ticket will contain information like:
- Candidate’s name
- Roll number
- Test Date
- PWD status
- Download the CAT Exam Admit Card Here.
How to Download CAT 2020 Admit Card?
Candidates can check CAT 2020 admit card downloading process from the given below points:
- Visit the official website.
- Log in through your CAT Login ID and Password.
- Click on the tab ‘CAT Admit Card’.
- The admit card of CAT 2020 will appear on the screen.
- Download the Admit card and keep a soft copy for future use.
- As it the most important document to enter the examination hall.
Details about Reservation in CAT 2020 Exam
A definite number of seats are reserved for candidates belonging to any of these categories:
|Category||Percentage of seats reserved|
|Scheduled Caste or SC –||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe or ST –||7.5%|
|Other Backwards Classes or OBC –||27%|
|Differently Abled –||3%|
- Candidates belonging to the Reserved Categories listed above must read the information booklet carefully.
- Accordingly, they should abide by the rules laid down by the CAT conducting body.
- Further, the Government has made provisions to accommodate people from all categories.
- However, the candidates belonging to all these categories will still have to fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria to write the exam.
- Not only this, they need to score a minimum required marks in the CAT exam to secure admission at one of the IIMs.
- Also, candidates belonging to the OBC category must check an updated list of caste included in Central List by the National Commission of Backward Classes, Government of India.
CAT Result 2020
Candidates can check CAT 2020 result from the given below points :
- CAT Result 2020 will be announced on the official website. Applicants can check their Results on the official website.
- CAT scorecard is available via online mode through the Official Website.
- Students will get admission in various IIMs based on the cut-off.
- The Answer key for the Common Admission Test (CAT 2020) was released in December 2020.
- Candidates will be able to download their scorecards by Logging into the Official Website of CAT (www.iimcat.ac.in).
- IIM Calcutta will send Individual SMS to the candidates informing them of their overall percentiles.
How to download CAT Result?
Candidates can check CAT 2020 result downloading process from the given below points:
- Firstly, visit the Official Website of CAT.
- Secondly, log in through your CAT Id & Password.
- Also, click on “CAT Scorecard”.
- Finally, your CAT Result will be displayed on the screen.
- Also, download your CAT Result and print multiple copies of it.
CAT Normalization Procedure
- Common Admission Test 2020 will be conducted in multiple slots.
- And, It is necessary to normalize the scores of test-takers from both slots.
- IIMs normalize the CAT 2020 Result and also provide scaled scores for each section along with percentiles.
- The practice is done to equate the scores and to ensure that none of the candidates from either slot be in an advantaged or disadvantaged position.
Percentile denotes the percentage of candidates scoring lower than that of a particular candidate. It is calculated as: Percentile = ( 1 – All India rank( No. of candidates in that subject) x 100%
Read about Normalisation of CAT Result Here.
CAT 2020 Cutoff refers to the minimum Percentile a candidate must secure in order to get shortlisted by the participating institutes.
The CAT 2020 cutoff varies from institute to institute. The expected CAT 2020 Cutoff is tabulated below:
For IIM Ahmedabad
|NC-OBC cum Transgender||65||65||65||75|
|PWD (General, NC-OBC-cum-transgender, SC)||60||60||60||70|
For IIM Lucknow
For IIM Calcutta
For IIM Indore
For IIM Udaipur
|Category||VARC||DI & LR||QA||Overall|
For IIM Bangalore
CAT 2020 Cutoff for Non-IIMs
Check the CAT 2020 expected Cutoff for Non-IIMs from below:
|FMS, Delhi||98.20 Percentile|
|DMS, IIT Delhi||98+ Percentile|
|SJMSOM, IIT Bombay||99+ Percentile|
|MDI Gurgaon||95+ Percentile|
|National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE) Mumbai||95+ Percentile|
|DMS, IIT Madras||95+ Percentile|
|XIMB Bhubaneswar||90+ Percentile|
|IMT Ghaziabad||90+ Percentile|
|SPJIMR Mumbai||85+ Percentile|
|TAPMI Manipal||85+ Percentile|
IIMs Selection procedure through CAT
The IIM Admission procedure includes the three stages given below:
- First phase: Shortlisting of candidates
- Second phase: Written Ability Test (WAT) or Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) Rounds.
- Third phase: Final selection
Common Admission Test 2020 Counselling
The details regarding the CAT 2020 Counselling are given below:
- There is no provision of Counselling in CAT.
- Admissions through CAT will be done based on the Written Ability Test (WAT) or Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI).
CAT Exam Centres
The list of CAT 2020 Exam centres are given below:
Two new exam states have been added to the list last year – Mizoram and Nagaland.
|Exam State||Exam Cities|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Port Blair|
|Andhra Pradesh||Tirupati, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Chittoor, Kurnool, Nellore, Kakinada, Guntur, Chirala, Rajahmundry, Vizianagaram|
|Assam||Guwahati, Dibrugarh, Jorhat, Silchar, Tezpur|
|Bihar||Muzaffarpur, Patna, Purnea, Aurangabad, Gaya, Darbhanga|
|Chattisgarh||Bhillai, Raipur, Bilaspur|
|Gujarat||Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara, Ahmedabad, Anand, Gandhinagar, Mehsana|
|Haryana||Panipat, Rohtak, Hisar, Ambala, Kurukshetra, Karnal|
|Himachal Pradesh||Shimla, Hamirpur|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu, Samba|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro, Ranchi, Jamshedpur, Dhanbad, Hazaribagh|
|Karnataka||Belagavi(Belgaum), Bengaluru, Dharwad, Hubballi(Hubli), Kalaburagi(Gulbarga), Mangaluru(Mangalore), Mysuru(Mysore), Shivamogga(Shimoga), Udupi|
|Kerala||Kannur, Ernakulam, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Thrissur, Trivandrum|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Sagar, Satna, Ujjain|
|Maharashtra||Amravati, Ahmednagar, Aurangabad-Maharashtra, Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Pune, Raigad, Satara, Solapur, Ulhasnagar|
|Odisha||Balasore, Berhampur, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Dhenkanal, Rourkela, Sambalpur|
|Punjab||Amritsar, Bhatinda, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Pathankot, Patiala, Sangrur|
|Rajasthan||Ajmer, Alwar, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Sikar, Udaipur|
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Salem, Tirunelveli, Trichy|
|Telangana||Karim Nagar, Warangal, Hyderabad|
|Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Aligarh, Allahabad, Bareilly, Gorakhpur, Jhansi, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar, Varanasi|
|Uttarakhand||Roorkee, Dehradun, Haldwani|
|West Bengal||Asansol, Bankura, Burdwan, Durgapur, Hooghly, Kalyani, Kolkata, Siliguri|
CAT 2020 Highlights
Candidates can check CAT 2020 highlights from the table given below:
Name of Exam of Examination
|Common Entrance Test|
Commonly Known As
Exam Conducting Body
Indian Institute of Management
National Level Exam
Purpose of Exam
|Admissions into MBA/PGDM courses|
Mode of Examination
|Duration of the exam||
NOTE: Last year an estimated 2,04,370 students competed for approximately 1600 seats making it one of the most competitive exams in the country.
When will the registration process start?
The Registration of CAT 2020 exam dates will release soon.
How can I fill the application form?
Candidates can fill the CAT 2020 application form through online mode from the official website.
Is there any Correction window avaialble?
yes, candidates can do the correction in the application form.
What is the application fee for CAT 2020?
The application fee is Rs. 1900/- for general candidates and Rs. 950/- for SC/ST/PWD candidiates.
Official website: https://iimcat.ac.in