GIPE Entrance Test 2019 for M.Sc: Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics (GIPE), Pune, offers a 2-year M.Sc. Degree Program in various disciplines in Economics, International Business Economics, Agribusiness Economics, Financial Economics, & Finance for the academic session 2019-20. Focused on research, this institute enables the students to be industry ready by blending the theoretical and practical applications in their courses. The program consists of 4 semesters with core modules focusing on microeconomic theory, macroeconomic theory, and econometrics.
Upcoming Application Form
- JEE Main January Session 2019 by National Testing Agency Check Here
- Manipal University B.Tech Admission Open Apply Here
- Manipal University All Courses Admission Open Apply Here
- Amrita University B.Tech. Admissions Open 2019 Apply Here
- SRM B.Tech Admissions Open Apply Here
- UPES B. Tech Admissions Open for 2019 Apply Here
- LPU B. Tech Admissions Open for 2019 Apply Here
The students need to pass a rigorous nationwide entrance exam that tests their quantitative, analytical, and reasoning skills. The test for the academic year of 2019-20 will be conducted on the Second week of June 2019.
GIPE Entrance Test 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Admission is subjected to a minimum of 50% aggregate marks (45% for reserved candidates) at graduation.
Candidates who have appeared for 2018-19 final degree exam are also eligible to apply. However, they must convey their results, preferably by fax or speed post, to the respective universities on or before Friday, June 29, 2019.
GIPE Entrance Test 2019 Important Dates
|Application Form start date||First week of April 2019|
|Last date to submit applications||Fourth week of May 2019|
|Admit Card / Hall tickets issue dates||1st week of June 2019|
|Date of GIPE 2019 examination||Second week of June 2019|
|Result Declaration Date||Third week of June 2019|
|Commencement of the Programme||Fourth week of July 2019|
|Admission Closure||Third week of August 2019|
Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics (GIPE) Entrance Exam
Candidates seeking admission need to appear for an entrance exam that will be held on Sunday, June 10, 2019.
Duration: 120 mins
Total Marks: 100 (1 mark per question)
Question type: Objective type questions
Negative marking: One-fourth of the marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- Analytical ability and reasoning – 20 marks
- Aptitude in mathematics and statistics – 30 marks
- Undergraduate knowledge in economics – 50 marks
For sample questions, please visit: www.gipe.ac.in
GIPE Entrance Test 2019 Syllabus
- Reasoning and Analytical Ability
- Descriptive Statistics, Measures of Central Tendency, Measures of dispersion Correlation and Regression Coefficient, Probability Theory, Index Numbers.
- Mathematics for economics – Algebra, Calculus and Matrix Algebra.
- Macroeconomics (Demand Curves, Price and Income Elasticity of Demand, Cost Curves, Equilibrium of Firm under different market structures).
- Macroeconomics(National Income, Theory of Income Determination, Fiscal and Monetary Policy, Trade and Balance of Payments).
- Basic theories of growth and development.
- Recent developments in the Indian Economy and international economic issues of contemporary importance.
GIPE cut off marks
The evaluation for cut off marks is based on various factors such as:
- No of candidates that passed the exam
- The difficulty level of the question paper
- Of vacancy for this exam
- The possibility of having sectional cut offs
For further details regarding the procedure for admission, seat availability, fee structures, and so on, please visit:
The industry-oriented courses offered by the institute attracts a diverse set of companies. Some of the past recruiters are:
- The students of GIPE have worked with various other companies for summer internships such as:
References for preparation for higher studies:
Micro Economics: Excellent Workbook(E-book): Workouts in Intermediate Microeconomics by Bergstrom and Varian
Microeconomic theory by Nicholson and Snyder Osborne’s Tutorial: Markets
Macro Economics: Macro Economics by Dornbusch, Fischer etal Macro Economic Theory and Policy by Branson
Mathematical Statistics by Freund
A First Course in Probability by Sheldon Ross
Test of Mathematics at 10 + 2 level
Mathematics for Economic Analysis by Sydsaeter and Hammond Osborne’s Tutorial: Mathematical Methods
- a) Sets and Logic
Topology by Munkres (1.1-1.3)
MATH NCERT book (Class XI, XII) (Also a good reference for probability, functions and relations, etc)
- b) Optimization(Optional)
Optimization in Economic Theory by Avinash Dixit c) Analysis
Elementary Analysis: The Theory of Calculus by Ross d) Game Theory
An Introduction to Game Theory by Osborne