IGNOU PG Admission 2020 Application Form submission last date has been extended till 30 June 2020. Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is a Central University located at Maidan Garhi, New Delhi, India. The university was founded by Government of India in 1985 and named after former Prime Minister of India, Indira Gandhi. IGNOU claims to be the largest university in the world with total active enrollment of over 4 million students.
IGNOU has announced the admissions to its various undergraduate and postgraduate programmes for the January 2020 session. Students seeking admission in Master’s Degree course through Distance Education must enroll in the IGNOU PG programmes. The university offers various Master’s Degree programmes with several specialization.
Ongoing Application Forms - 2020
UPES Management Entrance Test
GNIOT, Noida Admission 2020
BML Munjal University Admission 2020
LPU Admissions 2020
UPES Design Aptitude Test
Thapar University Admission 2020
DIT University Admission 2020
VijayBhoomi University, Mumbai Admission 2020
PIET Panipat Admission 2020
REVA University Admission 2020
Amity Joint Entrance Examination 2020
GD Goenka University Admission 2020
KIIT University Admission 2020
Vel Tech Admissions 2020
MIT ADT University Pune Admission 2020
Manav Rachna University
Shoolini University Admission 2020
Read the complete article to know the complete details regarding the IGNOU PG Admission like IGNOU admission, course fee, eligibility criteria etc.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about IGNOU PG Admission 2020: Application Form(Till 30 June) - Admissions
- 29 May 2020: IGNOU PG admission application submission last date has been extended till 30 June 2020.
IGNOU PG Admission 2020 Notification
As per the latest notification on 15 June 2020, The IGNOU admission application form for MBA and PhD admission has been extended till 30 June 2020. Candidates may check the official notice below:
IGNOU PG Admission 2020 Highlights
Basic information about the admission in Post Graduate courses offered by IGNOU is tabulated below:
|University Name||Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)|
|University Type||Central University (Public)|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Test/ Merit-Based|
|Entrance Exam Name||OPENMAT – MBA|
IGNOU PG Admission 2020 Application form
The details regarding the IGNOU PG Admission 2020 Application form are given below:
- IGNOU PG 2020 Application form has been released.
- The application form is available in online mode.
- Candidates can fill the application form through the official website.
- The last date to fill the application form is 30 June 2020 (Extended).
- Candidates may keep a copy of filled application form for further use.
IGNOU PG Admission 2020 Courses
List of course offered by IGNOU at postgraduate level is mentioned below:
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
- Master of Arts (Rural Development) (MARD)
- Master of Tourism and Travel Management (MTTM)
- Master of Arts (Education) (MAEDU)
- Master of Arts (English) (MEG)
- Master of Arts (Hindi) (MHD)
- Master of Social Work (MSW)
- Master of Arts (Economics) (MEC)
- Master of Arts (History) (MAH)
- Master of Arts (Political Science) (MPS)
- Master of Arts (Public Administration) (MPA)
- Master of Arts (Sociology) (MSO)
- Master of Library and Information Sciences (MLIS)
- Master of Arts (Distance Education) (MADE)
- Master of Commerce (MCOM)
- Master of Commerce in Finance and Taxation M.COM (F & T)
- Management programme (MBA) (MBA, Direct Entry in PGDHRM, PGDFM, PGDMM, PGDOM, PGDFMP)
- Master of Business Administration (Banking and Finance)
IGNOU PG Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The details regarding the eligibility criteria for IGNOU PG Admission 2020 exam are given below:
- Nationality – Indian as well as Foreign students can apply for the admission.
- Age Limit – There is no age limit for the admission in the postgraduate courses offered by IGNOU.
Courses-wise education qualification required for PG admission is given hereby:
Master of Business Administration (Banking and Finance)
The candidate should be a member of the Indian Institute of Bankers and must fulfil the following conditions:
- Candidates must have passed the CAIIB examinations of Indian Institute of Bankers, Mumbai.
- Completed bachelor’s degree from a recognised university.
- Students must have at least two years of work experience in the banking or financial service sector.
Master of Business Administration
The eligibility criteria required for admission in MBA programme is as per the AICTE norms:
- Any graduate (Including Chartered Accountancy/Cost Accountancy/Company Secretaryship) with at least 50% marks (45% in case of reserved category) in aggregate are eligible for admission.
- Candidates must have clear the OPENMAT entrance test conducted by the NTA (National Testing Agency).
Master of Tourism & Travel Management
The category wise eligibility criteria required for MTTM admission is given hereby:
Category 1: Completed Bachelor in Tourism Studies (BTS); BA (Tourism); B.Sc. Hospitality and Hotel Administration (BHM); Bachelor’s in Hotel Management (approved by AICTE).
- Students who have done their graduation in any field along with a Diploma in Tourism recognised by the University System or by AICTE are also eligible for admission.
Category 2: Holds a bachelor’s degree in any field.
- Students belongs to category 2 will have to pass 4 additional courses during their period of study.
Master of Commerce
IGNOU offers M.Com. with three different specialisation and the basic eligibility required for admission in M.Com. is having a bachelor degree in relevant discipline from a recognised university/ institution.
Apart from basic, eligibility required for each specialisation is tabulated below:
Finance and Taxation
|Candidates who have completed Chartered Accountancy course or are still pursuing Chartered Accountancy Final course are also eligible.|
|Business Policy and Corporate Governance||Candidates should have passed in Company Secretaryship Executive Programme.|
|Management Accounting & Financial Strategies||Should have passed in ICWAI Intermediate Course.|
Master of Computer Applications
- Candidates must have completed bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years in any discipline from a recognised university.
- Should have opt for Mathematics as one of the subjects at 10+2 or graduation level.
- Students without bachelor degree need to pursue and pass the BCS-012 course concurrently with IGNOU MCA.
Master of Education
- The candidates must have completed Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate with 2 years work experience.
Master of Library and Information Science
- Applicants who have completed Bachelor of Library and Information Science (BLIS) degree or its equivalent from a recognised university/ institution is eligible for the admission.
- Candidates having working experience in libraries, information centre or other related organisations will get more preference at the time of admission.
Master of Science (Food and Nutrition)
- Candidates must have completed B.Sc. Home Science with specialization in Food and Nutrition, Dietetics and Clinical Nutrition OR
- Post Graduate Diploma in Dietetics and Public Health Nutrition or its equivalent OR
- Completed B.Sc. Hons. or equivalent (MBBS, BHS etc.) in any of the following discipline: Home Science/ Food Science and Technology, Zoology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical along with the DNHE or CNCC or CFN offered by IGNOU.
Master of Science (Hospitality Administration)
M.Sc. in Hospitality Administration programme is in collaboration with National council for Hotel Management and catering Technology, (NCHMCT) NOIDA. Check the eligibility below:
- Completed B.Sc. Degree in Hospitality and Hotel Administration from NCHMCT and IGNOU; OR Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Management and Catering Technology from Institutes approved by AICTE affiliated with recognized Universities. OR
- 3-Year Diploma in Hotel Management from NCHMCT plus Graduation in any stream. OR
- Faculty for Hotel Management Institutes fulfilling any of the above qualifications with minimum two years of teaching/industry experience.
Master of Science (Counselling and Family Therapy)
- Candidates should have completed bachelor’s degree with specialization in Human Development and Family Studies, Child Development, Human Development and Childhood Studies, Child Development and Family Relationships, Home Science, Psychology, Social Work, Medicine or other allied disciplines.
- ‘Allied disciplines’ include Anthropology, Sociology, Education, Philosophy, MBBS or equivalent qualification in Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha or Homeopathy Medicines, Nursing etc. from a recognized University.
- Completed graduation with a higher degree in any of the above-mentioned subjects or Bachelor’s degree along with a Post Graduate Diploma in Guidance and Counselling (PGDGC) from a recognised university/ institution.
Master of Science (Mathematics with Applications in Computer Science)
- Completed graduation from a recognised university with Mathematics as major subject or Honours in Mathematics and secure a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
- If still the seats are vacant then students completed B.A./BSc degree with Mathematics as one of the three main subjects with equal weightage with at least 50% marks in aggregate and 55% marks in Mathematics are eligible for the admission.
Master of Arts
The eligibility criteria required for each specialisation under M.A is given below in detail:
Master of Arts (M.A)
Bachelor degree or higher degree in any discipline from a recognised university.
|Gandhi & Peace Studies|
|Education||Graduate in any discipline with or without a degree in education from a recognised university.|
Candidates who have completed Graduation in any discipline are eligible.
|Journalism & Mass Communication|
|Extension & Development Studies|
|Gender and Development Studies|
|Women’s and Gender Studies|
|Translation Studies||Bachelor degree in any discipline with adequate knowledge of Hindi and English.|
Eligibility for other PG Courses
Apart from the above-mentioned courses, eligibility criteria for master’s degree programmes is tabulated below:
|Masters in Anthropology||–||Completed bachelor degree or higher degree from a recognised university.|
|Master of Social Work||–||Graduation from a recognised university.|
|Master of Social Work||Counselling||Should have completed bachelor degree or higher degree from a recognised university.|
IGNOU PhD 2020 Application Form
The details regarding the IGNOU PhD Application form are given below:
- The application form has been released in online mode.
- Candidates can fill the application form through online mode.
- The last date to fill the application form is 31 May 2020.
- Candidates may fill the details as per the guidelines.
- The uploading documents should be in the prescribed format only.
- Moreover, keep a copy of the filled application form for further use.
IGNOU PG Admission 2020 Application Process
The candidates can register themselves through the official website of the university (ignou.ac.in). They have to submit the application form through online mode only, application through other mode will not be accepted.
Steps to fill the Online Application Form:
Before filling application form candidates must ensure their eligibility for the preferred programme. Check the steps below:
- Visit the IGNOU’s official website and click on the “Register Yourself” option that appears in the applicant login area.
- Registration Page will appear on the screen where candidates have to fill the required details asked for registration.
- After filling all the details click on the “SUBMIT” button.
- After registration, candidate’s username will be sent to them via email and SMS.
- If candidates are an existing user, click on the “LOGIN” button from the homepage of Online Entrance Test and then login with Username and password by clicking on the “LOGIN” button given on the login screen.
- Now, candidates have to fill the mandatory details such as personal details, program details, qualification details and correspondence details.
- Need to upload scanned copy of Photograph (less than 100 KB) and Signature (less than 50 KB).
- After filling the online application form candidates have to pay the Application Fee either through Debit/ Credit card (Master/ Visa/ Rupay) or Net banking.
- Once the students have uploaded their photograph and signature, click on the “NEXT” button. They will get the Form preview option. Check whether all the information filled by the candidates are correct or not.
- Candidates are advised to take the printout of the application form for future reference.
IGNOU Re-registration is the facility for registration of candidates who have already completed the first semester/year of their study and are interested in continuing the study in the second semester/year. For this, candidates have to register themselves by filling the IGNOU online application form. Candidates are advised to keep checking their IGNOU Re-registration status after filling the application form.
IGNOU PG Admission 2020 Official Website: www.ignou.ac.in
ignou admission 2020-21, ignou admission 2020 july session, ignou admission 2019 last date ,ignou admission status, ignou ba admission, ignou prospectus, ignou btech admission 2020, ignou courses list with fee structure.