IESO 2021 or International Earth Science Olympiad has been cancelled due to the Covid-19. The IESO 2021 Registration will be done again by the Geological Society of India. The aim of this Olympiad is to encourage students’ interest and public awareness of Earth Science at the school level. The IESO 2021 is conducted in four stages. The students from classes 9 to 11 are eligible to apply for the Indian National Earth Science Olympiad (INESO). The application form of IESO will be available online. Candidates must pay the registration fee to complete the application process. To get more details about the IESO Application Form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, question papers, IESO REsult, etc, read the complete article.
IESO 2021 Exam Status
The interested candidates who wish to apply for the Indian National Earth Science Olympiad must check the latest updates and IESO Exam Dates from the table given below:
|IESO 2021 Exam||Cancelled|
IESO 2021 Important Dates
The candidates must check the IESO 2021 Registration Date and other important events. The exam and application form last dates will be available here as soon as it is announced by the conducting authority. However, candidates can check the tentative dates of the IESO from the table given below:
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about IESO 2021(Exam Cancelled): Registration, Eligibility, Exam Dates, Syllabus - Admissions
|Important Events||Tentative dates|
|Starting Date of registration of centres||September 2021|
|End Date of registration of centres||November 2021|
|Starting Date of registration of students||September 2021|
|End Date of registration of students||November 2021|
|Date of entrance exam||December 2021|
IESO 2021 Application Form
The Geological Society of Indian will release the IESO Online Application Form on its website. Therefore, the candidates who are eligible for the registration can fill the online application form before the last date. In order to fill the application form, the candidates must follow the steps given below:
- Initially, the candidates will have to visit the portal of the conducting authority. However, students can also contact their respective schools to get information about INESO 2021.
- In order to fill the online form, the candidates will have to do the registration first. The IESO Registration requires details like the name, class, contact number, email ID, and Aadhar card number of the candidates.
- Now an OTP will be sent on the registered mobile number. Applicants will have to enter that OTP in order to validate the registration process.
- The login credentials will be sent to the email of the applicants.
- Then click on New User Registration. Enter the user ID and password to login.
- Once the candidates have logged in, they have to click on “Apply Now”.
- After that, the candidates must fill in all the details in the application form.
- Then upload the photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- Once the application form is complete, the candidates will have to pay the registration fees.
- On successful completion of the application form, the candidates will receive an acknowledgement that the application has been accepted.
IESO 2021 Registration Fee
- Candidates have to pay an application fee of Rs 150/- either by cash/money order or DD.
- For offline mode, the candidates will have to pay the application fees at their respective schools and get the receipt.
IESO 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The applicants must check the IESO Eligibility Criteria before participating in the Olympiad. The minimum eligibility requirements for Indian National Earth Science Olympiad are given below:
- The applicants must be a citizen of India.
- The students studying in classes 9, 10, and 11 are eligible to apply for IESO.
- Candidates must be studying from a recognized State Board, ICSE Board, CBSE Board, or International Boards.
- The applicant should not be older than 18 years of age as of July 1st of the year of the Olympiad and must not be a university/college student while participating in IESO.
- An applicant can only be a student of secondary/ higher secondary school.
- A student who has already won a medal in a previous IESO is not eligible.
IESO 2021 Exam Pattern
The students must check the exam pattern of Indian National Earth Science Olympiad before appearing for the exam. With the help of the exam pattern, the candidates can prepare more effectively and score good marks in the Olympiad. The exam pattern of the IESO is given below:
- Mode of Examination: Offline
- Duration of Exam: The exam will be held for 90 minutes (one and a half hours).
- Exam Language: The exam will be held in the English Language.
- Type of Questions: The exam will contain MCQs (Multiple choice questions) that are objective-type questions.
- Syllabus: The exam will contain questions from the syllabus like Geosphere, Atmosphere, Hydrosphere, and Planetary Sciences.
- Number of Centres: The exam will be held in 75 centers in total.
IESO 2021 Syllabus
The Indian National Earth Science Olympiad exam is based on the syllabus as defined by the conducting authority. It is very important to check the IESO 2021 Syllabus before beginning the exam preparation. For the ease of the candidates, we have provided the important topics which can be asked in the IESO exam. The details of the IESO Syllabus is given below:
|• Minerals & Rocks||• Tectonic Plates & Seismology|
|• Historical Geology||• Physical Geography|
|• Observational Astronomy||• Earth in Solar System|
|• Introduction to Solar System||• Space Science|
|• Basics & Energy of the Atmosphere||• Air Pressure & Motion|
|• Moisture, Clouds & Precipitation||• Weather System & Patterns|
|• Hydrography||• Tide|
|• Current||• Wave|
IESO 2021 Selection Process
The Earth Science Olympiad will follow a four-stage selection procedure. The details of all four stages are given below:
- Stage-1: National Level Entrance Test (ET) – Top 20 candidates are chosen for Training Camp.
- Stage-2: Training Camp and National Earth Science Olympiad (INESO)– The training camp of 18 days duration, will be held at university/research institution usually in May/June. After the IESO Training camp, a test will be held and the top 4 represent India in (IESO).
- Stage-3: Pre-Departure Training– Selected students then undergo another round of training before departure which will be guided by their Mentors and Team Leaders at the Geological Society of India, Bangalore.
- Stage-4: Participation in International Earth Science Olympiad– The selected team will fly to the hosting country for IESO 2021 guided by their mentors and observers.
IESO 2021 Result
- The result of the Indian National Science Olympiad will be available online mode.
- Candidates can download their IESO 2021 Result from the website of the conducting authority or from the direct link given in this article.
- The students must enter their Registration Number and Date of Birth to access the result of the Earth Science Olympiad.
- The IESO result for various stages will be announced individually.
- Only those students who qualify will be eligible to participate in the next level.
- Candidates must download and save a copy of the IESO result for any future purposes.
IESO 2021 Highlights
|IESO 2021 Particulars||IESO 2021 Details|
|Organization||International Geoscience Education Organization|
|Exam||International Earth Science Olympiad 2021|
|Exam date||December 2021 Tentatively|
|Exam Level||Secondary and Senior Secondary school|
|Exam Purpose||Encourage student’s interest and public awareness in Earth Science and enhance Earth Science teaching/learning at the school level.|
About Geological Society of India
Geological Society of India conducts the International Earth Science Olympiad (IESO) for secondary school students. The society was established on 28 May 1958, to promote the cause of advanced studies and research in all branches of Earth Systems Science. The main aim of the GSI is to promote the interest of the young school students in the subjects of Advanced Earth Studies and Research. Therefore, GSI plays a vital role in the development of Earth Science.
FAQs on IESO
Q1. Who conducts IESO 2021 exam?
Ans: The International Earth Science Olympiad 2021 is conducted by the Geological Society of India.
Q2. What is the full form of INESO?
Ans: INESO stands for Indian National Earth Science Olympiad.
Q3. What type of questions are asked in the IESO Olympiad?
Ans: The IESO questions include the topics of Advanced Earch Studies and Earth Sciences.
Q4. Can I give the ESO exam in Hindi medium?
Ans: No, the IESO exam takes place only in the English medium.