JEST 2020 Application Form will be available from 11 November 2019. Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) is a National level entrance examination. It is managed by the Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB). By JEST entrance exam, applicants can get admission in Ph.D./Integrated PhD courses in Physics or Theoretical Computer Science or Neuro-Science or Computational Biology. The admission will be offered by the various institutions and universities participating in JEST 2020. In this article, applicants can get the complete details of JEST application form 2020.
JEST 2020 Application Form
Applicants must go through these instructions carefully. It is given below-
- Applicants can access the JEST 2020 application form through online mode.
- The Science & Engineering Research Board will release the application form on 11 November 2019.
- Applicants will able to fill and submit the online registration form till 14 December 2019.
- It is required to register and pay the application fee to complete the application form process.
- Applicants can rectify the application form only till the end of December 2019.
- Applicants are advised to fill all the details as per the instructions are given by the authority. Do not fill any false information.
- After filling the application form, keep the printout of it for future reference.
The JEST 2020 application fee can be submitted through online (Debit card/Credit card/Net-banking) payment gateway. The application fee for different categories is mentioned below in this table:
|General & OBC||Rs. 400/-|
|SC/ST & female candidates||Rs. 200|
|Female applicants belonging to SC/ST||No Fee|
JEST 2020 Application Dates
Here, applicants can check the JEST 2020 events and their dates. It is given below in this table:
|The application form will available from||11 November 2019|
|Last date of application form||14 December 2019|
|Date of examination||16 February 2020|
Joint Entrance Screening Test Eligibility Criteria
Students can check the basic eligibility criteria to appear in the JEST entrance exam. But, for providing admissions all participating institutions have their eligibility norms. It is given below in this table:
|Ph. D (Physics)||M.Sc. in Physics. (Some institutions accept B.E./B.Tech. /M.Sc./M.E./ M. Tech in Applied Physics and Mathematics).|
|Ph. D in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc||M.Sc./M.E./M.Tech in Computer Science or a related area.|
|Ph. D in Neuroscience at NBRC||M.Sc (Physics/Mathematics), B.E/B.Tech/MCA in Computer Science.|
|Ph. D in Computational Biology at IMSc||M.Sc./M.E./M.Tech/MCA in any discipline|
|Integrated M.Sc./ M. Tech-Ph. D (Physics)||B. Sc. (Physics/Mathematics).
For NISER, B. Sc (Physics) or B.E./B.Tech in Engineering (Physics) with 60% and above.
For IIA, B.Sc. (Physics/Mathematics)
/B.E./ B. Tech in Electrical/ Instrumentation/ Engineering Physics/Electronics and Communications/ Computer Science & Engineering/Optics and Photonics.
For IISER-Pune, ICTS-TIFR, NCRA-TIFR, and TIFR-TCIS, B.Sc. (Physics).
|Integrated Ph. D in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc||B.Sc./B.E./B.Tech. /M.C.A. in Computer Science or a related stream.|
|Integrated M. Tech-Ph.D. at IIA||M.Sc. (Physics/Applied Physics)/Post-B.Sc. (Hons.) in Optics and Optoelectronics/Radio Physics & Electronics.|
|Integrated PhD at IISER, Thiruvananthapuram||B. Sc. (Physics) or B.E./B. Tech. in any discipline|
How to Apply for JEST – Joint Entrance Screening Test 2020?
Applicants can check the procedure of ‘how to apply’. It is given below in steps
- Click on the official website of JEST. Applicant enters email Id and password to register.
- On successful registration, an email will be sent to the applicant’s registered email-id with a confirmation link for verification.
- Fill all the necessary details carefully.
- Upload the scanned photograph and signature of the applicant.
- Click on ‘Fee Payment’ and submit the application fee.
- After confirming your account, use the ‘Apply’ link for submitting the application form.
- After successful submission of the application form, an ‘Application form ID” along with application number will be sent by the authority.
- On successful submission of the application form, take the printout for future reference.
Official Website: https://www.jest.org.in/joint-entrance-screening-test