JEST 2023 Application Form will be released by the Science & Engineering Research Board. JEST or Joint Entrance Screening Test is a national level exam conducted once a year by the Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB). Through this exam, candidates will get admission in Ph.D./Integrated PhD courses in Neuroscience/ Physics/ Computational Biology/ Theoretical Computer Science. Admissions will be offered to the various institutions and universities participating in JEST 2023. Interested candidates can go through the following article for detailed information regarding the JEST Application Form.
Admission Open 2023
- Top University & Colleges Official Links, Application & Scholarship Forms.
JEST 2023 Application Dates
Applicants can check the Joint Entrance Screening Test 2023 events and their dates. It is given below in this table:
|Application form start date||1st week of January 2023|
|Last date of the application form||2nd week of February 2023|
|Last date to apply with late fee||3rd week of February 2023|
|Admit Card release date||3rd week of March 2023|
|Date of examination||2nd week of April 2023|
|Release of Answer Key||3rd week of April 2023|
|Declaration of result||Last week of April 2023|
|Interview process||1st week of May 2023|
These are the tentative dates based on the previous year JEST 2023 application form. Candidates can keep visiting this page for the latest update as notified by the officials.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about JEST 2023 Application Form: Exam Dates, How to Apply? - Admissions
JEST 2023 Application Form
Science & Engineering Research Board will release the application form in the second week of November 2022. Applicants must go through these instructions carefully which are given below:
- JEST 2023 Application form will be available in online mode on the official website.
- Applicants need to provide a valid email id and password for the registration.
- Candidates need to fill all the required details on the application form very precisely.
- Multiple forms of the single candidate will be rejected by the conducting body.
- Moreover, candidates may keep a copy of the application form from the official website.
Joint 2023 Application Fee
The application fee for different categories is mentioned below in this table:
|General & OBC||Rs. 400/-|
|SC/ST & female candidates||Rs. 200|
|Female applicants belonging to SC/ST||No Fee|
Mode of payment: The JEST 2021 application fee can be submitted through online (Debit card/Credit card/Net-banking) payment gateway.
NOTE: No request for the application fee will be entertained by the conducting body.
JEST 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The programmes wise JEST Eligibility Criteria is given below.
|Ph. D (Physics)||M.Sc. in Physics. (Some institutions accept B.E./B.Tech. /M.Sc./M.E./ M. Tech in Applied Physics and Mathematics).|
|Ph. D in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc||M.Sc./M.E./M.Tech in Computer Science or a related area.|
|Ph. D in Neuroscience at NBRC||M.Sc (Physics/Mathematics), B.E/B.Tech/MCA in Computer Science.|
|Ph. D in Computational Biology at IMSc||M.Sc./M.E./M.Tech/MCA in any discipline|
|Integrated M.Sc./ M. Tech-Ph. D (Physics)||B. Sc. (Physics/Mathematics).
For NISER, B. Sc (Physics) or B.E./B.Tech in Engineering (Physics) with 60% and above.
For IIA, B.Sc. (Physics/Mathematics)
/B.E./ B. Tech in Electrical/ Instrumentation/ Engineering Physics/Electronics and Communications/ Computer Science & Engineering/Optics and Photonics.
For IISER-Pune, ICTS-TIFR, NCRA-TIFR, and TIFR-TCIS, B.Sc. (Physics).
|Integrated Ph. D in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc||B.Sc./B.E./B.Tech. /M.C.A. in Computer Science or a related stream.|
|Integrated M. Tech-Ph.D. at IIA||M.Sc. (Physics/Applied Physics)/Post-B.Sc. (Hons.) in Optics and Optoelectronics/Radio Physics & Electronics.|
|Integrated PhD at IISER, Thiruvananthapuram||B. Sc. (Physics) or B.E./B. Tech. in any discipline|
Applicants can check this page regularly if any change made by SERB in the eligibility.
How to Apply for JEST – Joint Entrance Screening Test 2023?
Applicants can check the procedure of ‘how to apply’. It is given below in steps
- Click on the official website of JEST. i.e. www.jest.org.in
- Applicant enters email Id and password to register.
- On successful registration, an email will be sent to the applicant’s registered email-id with a confirmation link for verification.
- Fill all the necessary details carefully.
- Upload the scanned photograph and signature of the applicant.
- Click on ‘Fee Payment’ and submit the application fee.
- After confirming your account, use the ‘Apply’ link for submitting the application form.
- After successful submission of the application form, an ‘Application form ID” along with the application number will be sent by the authority.
- On successful submission of the application form, take the printout for future reference.
Jest Participating Institutes
The list of the JEST Participating Institutes are given below.
- Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES)
- Bose Institute
- Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI)
- Harish-Chandra Research Institute (HRI)
- International Centre for theoretical sciences (ICTS)
- Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR)
- Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA)
- Indian Institute of Science (IISc)
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Bhopal
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Kolkata
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Mohali
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Pune
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Thiruvananthapuram
- Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST)
- The Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMSc)
- Institute of Physics (IOP)
- Institute for Plasma Research (IPR)
- Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA)
- Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR)
- National Brain Research Centre (NBRC)
- National Centre for Radio Astrophysics, TIFR (NCRA-TIFR)
- National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER)
- Physical Research Laboratory (PRL)
- Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology (RRCAT)
- Raman Research Institute (RRI)
- Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics (SINP)
- Satyendra Nath Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences (SNBNCBS)
- TIFR Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences (TIFR-TCIS)
- Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR)
- UGC-DAE Consortium for Scientific Research (UGC-DAE CSR)
- Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre (VECC)
JEST 2023 Highlights
The vital information regarding the JEST 2023 exam is given below.
|Exam Name||JEST 2023|
|Full-Form||Joint Entrance Screening Test|
|Conducted by||Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB)|
|Exam Types||PG Level|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Courses Offered||Engineering, Science|
Is application fee of JEST examination refundable?
An Application Fee of Rs. 400 (Rs 200 for SC/ST applicants, Rs.200/- for Female applicants) is required to be paid along with the application which can be paid online. Application fee is waived for Female applicants belonging to SC/ST which can be paid online using debit card/credit card/Net-banking. Payment by any other mode will not be accepted. The application fee once paid will NOT be refunded.
Is there any age limit for taking JEST examination?
There is no restriction on age for appearing in JEST examination. However, each participating institute has its own eligibility criteria. For details on the eligibility criteria of the participating institutes, candidates are advised to visit their websites.
Is there any limit to the number of times one can apply for JEST examination?
No, there is no such restriction on the number of times one can appear for the JEST examination.
What are the disciplines on which JEST examination is conducted?
Candidate can appear for the JEST examination in Physics or Theoretical Computer Science but not for both.
Also check: JEST 2021