JEST 2021 Application Form will be released by the Science & Engineering Research Board. JEST is also known as Joint Entrance Screening Test. This examination is conducted by the Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB) at the national level once in a year. By JEST entrance exam, applicants can get admission in Ph.D./Integrated PhD courses in Physics or Theoretical Computer Science or Neuro-Science or Computational Biology. The admission will be offered to the various institutions and universities participating in JEST 2021. Interested candidates can go through the following article for the detailed information regarding the JEST Application Form.
NOTE: SERB recognizes JEST as a National Eligibility Test (NET).
Ongoing Application Forms - 2020
Parul University, Vadodara Admissions 2020
GD Goenka University Admission 2020
IMS Noida Admission 2020
REVA University Admission 2020
Acharya Institutes, Bangalore Admission 2020
Shoolini University Admission 2020
Vel Tech Admissions 2020
VijayBhoomi University, Mumbai Admission 2020
BML Munjal University Admission 2020
JEST 2021 Application Dates
Applicants can check the Joint Entrance Screening Test 2021 events and their dates. It is given below in this table:
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about JEST 2021 Application Form: Dates, Eligibility, How to Apply? - Admissions
|The application form will available from||Second week of November 2020|
|Last date of application form||Second week of December 2020|
|Date of examination||Third week of February 2021|
These are the tentative dates based on previous year JEST 2020 application form. Candidates can keep visiting this page for the latest update as notifies by the officials.
JEST 2021 Application Form
Applicants must go through these instructions carefully. It is given below:
- The Science & Engineering Research Board will release the application form in the second week of November 2020.
- Applicants can fill the JEST 2021 Application form through online mode on the official website.
- Applicants need to provide a valid email id and password for the registration.
- Candidates need to fill all the required details on the application form.
- Multiple forms of the single candidate will be rejected by the conducting body.
The application fee for different categories is mentioned below in this table:
|General & OBC||Rs. 400/-|
|SC/ST & female candidates||Rs. 200|
|Female applicants belonging to SC/ST||No Fee|
Mode of payment: The JEST 2021 application fee can be submitted through online (Debit card/Credit card/Net-banking) payment gateway.
NOTE: No request for the application fee will be entertained by the conducting body.
JEST 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The programmes wise JEST Eligibility Criteria is given below.
|Ph. D (Physics)||M.Sc. in Physics. (Some institutions accept B.E./B.Tech. /M.Sc./M.E./ M. Tech in Applied Physics and Mathematics).|
|Ph. D in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc||M.Sc./M.E./M.Tech in Computer Science or a related area.|
|Ph. D in Neuroscience at NBRC||M.Sc (Physics/Mathematics), B.E/B.Tech/MCA in Computer Science.|
|Ph. D in Computational Biology at IMSc||M.Sc./M.E./M.Tech/MCA in any discipline|
|Integrated M.Sc./ M. Tech-Ph. D (Physics)||B. Sc. (Physics/Mathematics).
For NISER, B. Sc (Physics) or B.E./B.Tech in Engineering (Physics) with 60% and above.
For IIA, B.Sc. (Physics/Mathematics)
/B.E./ B. Tech in Electrical/ Instrumentation/ Engineering Physics/Electronics and Communications/ Computer Science & Engineering/Optics and Photonics.
For IISER-Pune, ICTS-TIFR, NCRA-TIFR, and TIFR-TCIS, B.Sc. (Physics).
|Integrated Ph. D in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc||B.Sc./B.E./B.Tech. /M.C.A. in Computer Science or a related stream.|
|Integrated M. Tech-Ph.D. at IIA||M.Sc. (Physics/Applied Physics)/Post-B.Sc. (Hons.) in Optics and Optoelectronics/Radio Physics & Electronics.|
|Integrated PhD at IISER, Thiruvananthapuram||B. Sc. (Physics) or B.E./B. Tech. in any discipline|
Applicants can check this page regularly if any change made by SERB in the eligibility.
How to Apply for JEST – Joint Entrance Screening Test 2021?
Applicants can check the procedure of ‘how to apply’. It is given below in steps
- Click on the official website of JEST. i.e. www.jest.org.in
- Applicant enters email Id and password to register.
- On successful registration, an email will be sent to the applicant’s registered email-id with a confirmation link for verification.
- Fill all the necessary details carefully.
- Upload the scanned photograph and signature of the applicant.
- Click on ‘Fee Payment’ and submit the application fee.
- After confirming your account, use the ‘Apply’ link for submitting the application form.
- After successful submission of the application form, an ‘Application form ID” along with application number will be sent by the authority.
- On successful submission of the application form, take the printout for future reference.
Jest Participating Institutes
The list of the JEST Participating Institutes are given below.
- Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES)
- Bose Institute
- Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI)
- Harish-Chandra Research Institute (HRI)
- International Centre for theoretical sciences (ICTS)
- Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR)
- Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA)
- Indian Institute of Science (IISc)
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Bhopal
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Kolkata
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Mohali
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Pune
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Thiruvananthapuram
- Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST)
- The Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMSc)
- Institute of Physics (IOP)
- Institute for Plasma Research (IPR)
- Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA)
- Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR)
- National Brain Research Centre (NBRC)
- National Centre for Radio Astrophysics, TIFR (NCRA-TIFR)
- National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER)
- Physical Research Laboratory (PRL)
- Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology (RRCAT)
- Raman Research Institute (RRI)
- Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics (SINP)
- Satyendra Nath Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences (SNBNCBS)
- TIFR Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences (TIFR-TCIS)
- Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR)
- UGC-DAE Consortium for Scientific Research (UGC-DAE CSR)
- Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre (VECC)
JEST 2021 Highlights
The vital information regarding the JEST 2021 exam is given below.
|Full-Form||Joint Entrance Screening Test|
|Conducted by||Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB)|
|Exam Types||PG Level|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Courses Offered||Engineering, Science|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
Stay connected to entrancezone for the latest updates of Joint Entrance Screening Test.
Is application fee of JEST examination refundable?
An Application Fee of Rs. 400 (Rs 200 for SC/ST applicants, Rs.200/- for Female applicants) is required to be paid along with the application which can be paid online. Application fee is waived for Female applicants belonging to SC/ST which can be paid online using debit card/credit card/Net-banking. Payment by any other mode will not be accepted. The application fee once paid will NOT be refunded.
Is there any age limit for taking JEST examination?
There is no restriction on age for appearing in JEST examination. However, each participating institute has its own eligibility criteria. For details on the eligibility criteria of the participating institutes, candidates are advised to visit their websites.
Is there any limit to the number of times one can apply for JEST examination?
No, there is no such restriction on the number of times one can appear for the JEST examination.
What are the disciplines on which JEST examination is conducted?
Candidate can appear for the JEST examination in Physics or Theoretical Computer Science but not for both.
Also check: JEST 2021