JNU MCA 2020: JNU offers admission to the MCA course based on the scores of the entrance exam which will be organised by the NTA. The National Testing Agency will conduct the JNUEE 2020 from 11 May – 14 May 2020 on the behalf of School of Computer & Systems Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University to offer admission to the courses offered at the university. The exam is held once a year at the National level in CBT(Computer Based Test) mode only. Though the last date to apply for JNUEE 2020 (Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Examination) was 31 March but due to spread of COVID-19 it has been revised & the new date is 30 April 2020. Those who are seeking to apply can refer to the complete article to know more about the JNU MCA 2020 examination.
JNU MCA 2020 Important Dates
The candidates can check the vital dates for JNU Master of Computer Applications (MCA) 2020 below in the given table:
Ongoing Application Forms - 2020
|Start date of Online Registration||02 March 2020|
|Last Date to apply||30 April 2020|
|Correction Window open dates||To be announced|
|Date to download the Admit Card||To be announced|
|JNU MCA 2020 Exam Date(JNUEE 2020)||11 – 14 May 2020|
|Provisional Answer Key release date||To be announced|
|Result declaration date||31 May 2020|
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about JNU MCA 2020 Admission Process, Application, Dates, Syllabus - Admissions
Note: All other dates will be announced after the assessment of the situation on 15 April 2020.
JNU MCA 2020 Application Form
Before applying for the JNU Master of Computer Applications (MCA) Entrance Exam candidates are advised to go through the eligibility criteria. The application form is ongoing & will last till date 30 April 2020. Get the other relevant details of JNU MCA entrance exam form 2020 below in the given points:
- To apply, firstly candidates have to register themselves by entering the details like personal details, address details & security details. On registering system generated application numbers will be sent which has to be noted down.
- To fill the remaining details candidates have to log in with the system generated Application Number and created Password.
- The passport size photo & signature must be uploaded in the prescribed format only.
- Without the fee payment form will remain incomplete.
- One the form is completed must get the printout of it and retain it till the admission process gets completed.
JNU MCA 2020 Application Fee
Check the details of fee to be submitted underneath:
|For 1 Choice||For 2 Choices||For 3 Choices|
|General/OBC/EWS||Rs. 530/-||Rs. 800/-||Rs. 1000/-|
|SC/ST/PwD/OBC(NCL)||Rs. 310/-||Rs. 415/-||Rs. 500/-|
|BPL||Rs. 110/-||Rs. 215/-||Rs. 300/-|
Note: Fee once paid will not be refunded or transferred by the competent authority in any case.
Mode of Payment: The fee has to be submitted online via Net Banking/Debit/Credit Card/UPI/Paytm Services.
JNU MCA 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants can check the eligibility criteria for JNUEE MCA below:
- A candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognised university/college /Institute with Maths at graduation or XII level.
- The minimum marks at the qualifying degree should not be less than aggregate 55% marks for all unreserved category candidates for OBC-NCL there is 10% marks relaxation & for SC/ST/PWD candidates the minimum pass mark is required.
- There is no age limit to apply for this course.
|S.No.||Name of Centre||Sub. Code & Sub.
|1||School of Computer &
|Master of Computer
|Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with adequate competence in
Mathematics under 10+2+3 pattern of education with at least 55%
JNU Master of Computer Applications (MCA) 2020 Seat Reservation
The candidates can check the category-wise reservation of seats which will be given of the total number of seats on admission.
|Categories||Percentage of Reservation|
|Scheduled Castes (SC) candidates||15%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST) applicants||7.5%|
|EWS(those who are not covered any of the above)||10%|
Note: To claim the reservation applicants must submit the certificate supporting their claim.
JNU MCA 2020 Exam Pattern
Those who have applied or will apply can check the JNUEE paper pattern in the given table:
|Exam Mode||LAN Based CBT (Computer Based Test)|
|Medium of exam||English only|
|Duration of exam||180 Minutes(02 Hours)|
|Questions Type||Multiple Choice Question(MCQ)|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Marking Scheme||+1 mark for each correct response. There will be no deduction for wrong responses.|
Stay connected to the page to know the change(if any) about the JNU MCA entrance exam scheme.
JNU MCA 2020 Syllabus
The questions from General Aptitude, Reasoning, Maths of Graduation & XII level topics as listed below will be asked in JNU MCA syllabus 2020.
- Differential and Integral Calculus
- Vector Algebra
- 2D-3-D Geometry
- Modern Algebra
- Numerical Analysis
- Probability & Statistics
- Real Analysis
- Theory of Real Function
- Matrices and Determinants
Computer Science Syllabus:
- Digital Systems Design & Architecture
- Programming Languages (C)
- Data structures
- Discrete mathematics
JNU MCA 2020 Admit Card
The Admit Card will be issued provisionally to the candidates, subject to their satisfying the eligibility conditions & application form. Check the other vital details about the hall ticket below:
- The authority will release the JNUEE (MCA) 2020 admit card after the assessment of the prevailing situation after 15 April 2020.
- All aspirants will have to download their hall ticket from the official website of the National Testing Agency.
- It is mandatory to carry the exam call letter to the exam hall otherwise entry would not be given.
- Aslo, must carry any national photo identity in original along with the admit card for verification purposes.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear at the examination centre, on a date and timings other than that mentioned on the call letter.
- In case of any query regarding the hall ticket, the candidate must approach the helpline between 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- The authority will not send the admit cards via post to any individual.
JNU MCA 2020 Answer Key
Check the details of answer key of JNU Master of Computer Applications 2020 below in the given points:
- After the successful conduction of the exam, the NTA will release the Answer Key on its official website for three days.
- With the help of a provisional answer key, the candidates will be able to calculate their expected marks of the entrance exam.
- To download the answer key one has to enter the application number & password.
- The candidates will be given an opportunity to make a challenge against the Answer Key on payment of Rs. 1000/- per question & also will have to submit the proof in support of answer.
- After that, the authority will release the final Answer Key based on which result will be declared.
JNU MCA 2020 Result
In the below-mentioned points check the result details:
- National Testing Agency (NTA) will release the result in the last week of May or first week of June 2020.
- Applicants will be able to check their results online on the official website by entering their application number and password/date of birth.
- The JNU MCA individual’s result page will show marks obtained in the entrance exam and the status of having passed or not.
JNU MCA 2020 Merit List
Candidates can check the merit list details below in the given points:
- The NTA will release the merit list based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the examination.
- It will have the details of marks secured & the rank in the entrance examination.
- Those who will get their names in the merit list will be called for the counselling process.
JNU MCA 2020 Counselling
Check the details of counselling below:
- The counselling process for JNU MCA admission 2020 will be conducted by the Jawaharlal Nehru University itself based on the JNUEE merit list released by NTA.
- The selected candidates will have to carry the original documents of their educational minimum qualification & national identity card.
- The process will take place tentatively in July.
JNU MCA 2020 Highlights
Applicants can check the basic information about the JNU MCA 2020 in the below table:
|Exam Name:||JNUEE (Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Examination)|
|Conducting Body:||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Level of exam:||University Level|
|Frequency of exam:||Once a year|
|Exam Mode:||Online mode|
|Purpose of exam:||To offer admission in Master of Computer Applications (MCA)|
|Duration of Course:||03 Years (6 Semester)|