Manufacturing Science and Engineering is the production of goods for the use or sale by using labor and machines, tools, chemical, and biological processing or formulation. Bachelor of Manufacturing Science and Engineering is offered at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Manufacturing is the filed of engineering that deals with the different practices of manufacturing i.e the research and development of tools, processes, machines, and types of equipment. Manufacturing engineers usually develop those skills that span many engineering disciplines with the eye focusing on their expertise in the manufacturing process. This course will help the candidates to understand the complex design decisions required to meet all relevant criteria including the location, material selection, customer practice, legislation requirements, and other desired labor levels.
What is the Eligibility Criteria of Manufacturing Science and Engineering Course?
The eligibility criteria of students who want to build their careers MSE are listed below.
For B.Tech Manufacturing Science and Engineering:
- A candidate must be passed in 12th class or its equivalent from a recognized board or university.
- Some colleges or institutes conduct their own entrance exam for admission which candidates have to qualify for admission.
For M.Tech Manufacturing Science and Engineering:
Apart from the above qualifications, a candidate must have these qualifications as well for their admission in M.tech in manufacturing science and engineering.
- A candidate must have scored a minimum of 50% aggregate score at the graduation level completed from a recognized university with science subjects.
- Candidates who are waiting for their final year results are also eligible to apply for the course.
- Eligible candidates also have to appear for at least one of the relevant entrance exams such as GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering).
Colleges offering Manufacturing Science and Engineering
The following are the best colleges or institutes that offered this course.
|Name of the Institute||Location|
|Central Institute of Plastics Engineering and Technology||Ahmedabad|
|Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology||Odisha|
|National Institute of Technology||Warangal|
|Indian Institute of Technology(IIT)||Kharagpur, West Bengal|
|Siddaganga Institute of Technology(SIT)||Tumkur, Karnataka|
|Bangalore Institute of Technology(BIT)||Bangalore, Karnataka|
|Acharya Institute of Technology(AIT)||Bangalore|
|Arulmigu Kalasalingam College of Engineering||Virudhunagar|
|Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science||Chennai|
Skills required for Manufacturing Science and Engineering
The following are the skills that a candidate must have if he or she wants to do engineering in Manufacturing Science and Engineering.
- Candidate should be able to plan and prioritize
- Must be able to work in deadlines or under pressure
- Ability to exercise good judgment
- Accepting the responsibility
- The ability to solve problems by using both logic and creative or innovative approaches.
- Skill to design, install and operate complex manufacturing systems made up of people, materials, automated machines, and information systems.
- Capable of careful attention to detail
- Basic understanding of core concepts including mechanics, kinematics, thermodynamics, material science, and structural analysis.
- Able to handle stress
Benefits of Manufacturing Science and Engineering Course
Those students who have done his or her studies in MSE will get the following benefits.
- They are able to work in numerous sectors including food and drink, oil, pharmaceuticals, and plastics.
- They can study further for higher education like NET after completing the course.
- The study in the course helps the candidates to keep them up to date with the current and developing currents in the manufacturing industry at the national or international level.
- They are also eligible to able to apply for the job in the research and development department to ensure that the company is at the forefront of groundbreaking research.
Career in Manufacturing Science and Engineering
After a candidate has completed their studies in manufacturing science and engineering, he or she is able to apply for a job in both public or private sectors. They are also eligible to do their higher studies in the discipline.
Job Fields in Manufacturing Science and Engineering
Those candidates who have completed their studies in MSE are eligible to apply for the job in the following listed industries.
- Aviation companies
- Thermal power industry
- Colleges and universities
- Gas turbines industries
- Armed Forces
- Air conditioning and refrigeration industry
- Oil and gas exploration
- Refining industries
- Agricultural sector
- Shipping industries
- Aerospace industry
- Automobile industry
Job roles for the engineer of manufacturing science and engineering
An engineer in Manufacturing science and engineering can apply for the following roles.
- Assistant Manager
- Executive manager
- Key account manager
- Manufacturing process engineer
- Lecturer or professor
- Home tutor
- Manufacturing engineer
- Project manager
- Assistant controller
- Business analyst
The starting salary of a student who has completed their studies in Manufacturing Science and Engineering is 2 lakh per annum. With the increase in experience and based on their performance, salary will be increased.
Check Popular Courses After 12th Here.