NEET 2020: NTA has released the official notice regarding the new exam date on 22 May 2020. Earlier, Exam date was announced by HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal on 05 May 2020. Now, The exam will be conducted on 26 July 2020. NEET(National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) exam will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). Earlier, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) every year conducts NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test). NEET is a national level medical examination. From the year 2016 onwards, All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) exam has been replaced by NEET examination. NEET 2020 is the gateway to offer admissions to deserving applicants in MBBS and BDS courses in all the medical colleges in India. Candidate can go through the following article for the detailed information regarding the NEET exam.
Latest Update of NEET:
- 28 May 2020: Delhi Highcourt has turned down the petition to extend the date to submit NEET Application form.
- 26 May 2020: NEET 2020 Admit card will release in July, at least 15 days before the exam.
- NTA has released the official notice regarding the New NEET 2020 Exam date.
- According to HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal, NEET 2020 exam will be conducted on 26 July 2020.
- NTA extended the correction window and facility of changing exam center till 03 May 2020.
- NTA provides the chance for the students to change the exam centre till 14 April 2020.
- NEET 2020 Application Form correction has been re-opened from 01 April 2020.
- Postponement of National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) UG May 2020.
NEET 2020 New Exam Date – Released
The new exam date of NEET Exam has been announced earlier by the Union Minister of Human Resource Development Ramesh Pokhriyal. The date was been announced by the minister during a live online session on 05 May 2020.
Ongoing Application Forms - 2020
VijayBhoomi University, Mumbai Admission 2020
UPES Design Aptitude Test
Thapar University Admission 2020
Manav Rachna University
REVA University Admission 2020
GD Goenka University Admission 2020
GNIOT, Noida Admission 2020
Amity Joint Entrance Examination 2020
DIT University Admission 2020
UPES Management Entrance Test
LPU Admissions 2020
PIET Panipat Admission 2020
MIT ADT University Pune Admission 2020
Shoolini University Admission 2020
BML Munjal University Admission 2020
Vel Tech Admissions 2020
KIIT University Admission 2020
Now, NTA has released the official notice regarding the NEET 2020 New Exam date on 22 May 2020. The NEET exam will be conducted on 26 July 2020 from 02 pm to 06 pm. Candidates may check the official notice below:
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about NEET 2020: Exam Date(Released), Admit Card(July), Syllabus - Admissions
NEET Form Correction and Facility of Changing Exam Center Extended
On 14 April 2020, NTA released the official notification regarding the extension of NEET 2020 application form correction and facility of changing exam centre. In this notice, the date of NEET correction has been extended till 03 May 2020. Also, the facility of changing exam centre has been extended till 03 May 2020. Candidates can refer to the following official notification.
Click here to view the notice of NEET form correction and facility of changing exam centre.
NEET 2020 Important Dates
The important dates of NEET 2020 exam are given in the table below:
|Application form Release||02 December 2019 [04:00 PM Onwards]|
|Application submission last date||
06 January 2020 [Upto 11:50 PM]
|Last date to pay the fee||
07 January 2020 [Upto 11:50 PM]
|Correction Window||01 April – 03 May 2020 (Re-open)
|Admit Card available|
|Exam Date (New Date)||26 July 2020|
|Answer key Release||July 2020|
|Last date to submit an objection||July 2020|
|Announcement of Result||July 2020|
|Counselling Begins On||July 2020 (07:00 PM)|
Candidates can keep visiting this page for the latest updates.
NEET 2020 Exam Center Change Allowed
National Testing Agency allow NEET 2020 candidates to change their exam centre. As due to lockdown many students went back to their home town from the place they studying or taking the coaching. The facility of changing the NEET Centre is available with NEET correction. Candidates can change their exam centre till 14 April 2020. Refer to the following article for detailed information.
NEET 2020 New Syllabus
On 03 April 2020, NTA notifies that fake circular has released about the change in the NEET syllabus. NTA clarify that there is no change in the NEET syllabus. National Testing Agency asked candidates to be aware of these type of fake news. Candidates can refer to the following public notice.
NOTE: Click here to download the NTA NEET official notification.
NOTE: Click here to view and download the official notification of NEET Exam Postponed.
NEET 2020 Application Correction Window
The detailed information regarding the NEET Application Correction Window is given below.
- NEET Application Form correction has been started from 01 April 2020.
- The last date of form correction was 14 April 2020.
- For correction and edit details, the applicants need to visit the official website.
- Applicants need to login by filling their Registration number and password for NEET Online Correction.
NOTE: Click here to download the official notification of NEET Application form reopening.
NEET 2020 Application Form (Date Extended)
The detailed information regarding NEET application form is given below.
- The National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test 2020 Application form submission dates have been extended until 06 January 2020.
- The application form will release in online mode.
- Candidates can fill the application form through the official website.
- Candidates can register themselves up to 11:50 PM of 06 January 2020.
- Also, the last date for application fees payment has been extended until 07 January 2020.
- Candidates can check the information below regarding form submission. However, the application form correction will still remain unchanged.
NOTE: Download Complete NEET 2020 Information Brochure PDF.
How to fill the NEET 2020 Application Form?
Given below is the detailed process of filling the application form. Following the steps, a candidate can easily complete the form in no time.
- Students can avail the NEET Application Form via online mode only. There is no provision to get the form offline.
- The Application Form has been released on 02 December 2019.
- To fill the form, Candidates need to visit the official website at NEET (https://ntaneet.nic.in/Ntaneet/Welcome.aspx).
- Candidates should have a valid Aadhar ID and Other ID Proof as they will be needed while registering themselves for the form.
- Fill all the necessary details like personal details, contact number, domicile, qualification, and other important information.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph, signature and index finger impression in the prescribed format.
- Make the fee payment using online and offline mode.
- Finally, After the payment is done, Candidates are advised to take the printout of the confirmation page of the application form and keep it safe for further use.
NEET 2020 Application Fees
Here is the fee to sit for the exam. Also, the payment methods are given below. Doubts regarding the same can be easily cleared after reading them properly.
|S. No.||Category||Application Fee|
|01||General Candidates||Rs. 1500 + GST|
|02||General-EWS/ OBC-NCL*||Rs. 1400 + GST|
|03||SC/ST Candidates||Rs. 800 + GST|
|04||Physically Handicapped Candidates/Transgender Candidates||Rs. 800 + GST|
*Other Backward Classes (OBC) – Non-Creamy Layer as per the Central list of Other Backward Classes available on National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC-Government of India website www.ncbc.nic.in).
Modes of Payment:
- Aspiring candidates can pay the fees in Online mode only.
- From the year 2020, provision of Offline fee payment has been retracted.
- In the Online mode of fee payment, the fees can be paid through SBI/Syndicate/HDFC/ICICI/Paytm Payment Gateway through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net-banking/UPI.
- Candidates must not that GST (Goods & Services Tax) will be charged along with the NEET 2020 Application fee.
Eligibility Criteria for NEET 2020
These criteria given below are the minimum requirement for every candidate, which they should be able to fulfil to sit for the exam.
- Candidates should have passed 12th class or it’s equivalent.
- Subjects which should be studied at the 12th class level include Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Biotechnology with English as a compulsory subject.
- Students who are going to appear in 12th and have cleared class 10 are also eligible to apply.
- In the qualifying exam (PCB group), the candidate should have obtained at least 50% marks for General Category, whereas for General-Physically Handicapped Category, the requirement is 45% marks while for SC/ST and OBC Category, the requirement is 40% aggregate.
- Nationality Conditions:
- Nationality: Applicant can be Indian/ Non-Resident Indians (NRIs)/ Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs)/ Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs)/ Foreign National.
- For Jammu and Kashmir/Andhra Pradesh/Telangana states: NEET 2020 aspirants from J and K/AP/Telangana shall be given to an All India 15% quota only if they submit self-declaration of state resident.
- Aadhaar Card Requirement: Indian Nationals must produce Aadhaar Number details and fill the 18 digit number in the space while filling the application form and also bring the same to the examination.
- Age Limit
- Minimum Age: Candidate applying for NEET 2020 must be at least 17 years old as on or before 31 December 2019.
- Maximum Age: Candidates applying must be less than 25 years (for General Candidates) and 30 years (for SC, ST, OBC Candidates).
NEET 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test 2020 is mentioned below:
- Exam Mode: The NEET Exam will be conducted in offline mode (Pen and Paper-based) only.
- Number of Questions: Total of 180 questions will be asked in the exam.
- Type of Questions: There will be only objective type questions (four options with one correct answer).
- Language: Question paper will be asked in 8 languages which are:
- Subjects: Questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Zoology and Botany) subjects.
- Exam Duration: The duration of the NEET 2020 exam will be 3 hours.
- Marking Scheme: Four marks will be given for each correct answer (+4 Marks).
- Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted for each wrong answer (-1 Marks).
- Marks Distribution: The distribution of marks of NEET 2020 will be as per discussed below:
NEET 2020 Syllabus PDF
The syllabus is drafted by the Medical Council of India. And, the Question Papers for the test shall be based on a common syllabus. And, The Medical Council of India (MCI) published & recommended the following syllabus for National Eligibility Entrance Test for admission to MBBS/BDS courses across the country after review of various State syllabi as well as those prepared by CBSE, NCERT, and COBSE.
NEET Physics Syllabus
NEET Chemistry Syllabus
Biology Syllabus NEET
Download NEET Complete Syllabus PDF here.
NEET 2020 Admit Card/Hall Ticket
The details regarding the admit card of NEET exam are given below:
- The NEET 2020 Admit Card will be released in July 2020.
- The admit card will release in online mode.
- Successfully registered candidates will be able to download the Admit Card from the official website.
- The NEET authority shall not provide the admit card by post/courier.
- The Admit Card will consist of details like Category, Photograph, Roll Number, Candidate Name, Father Name, Exam Date and Timing, Exam centre and other details.
- Candidates need to bring the Admit Card in the Exam Center. Without Admit Card, Candidate will not be allowed to sit in the Examination hall.
- Applicants are required to keep the admit card till the admission process completed.
NEET 2020 by National Testing Agency, Know the Changes Here.
NEET Exam Date Announcement (Old)
Central Board of Secondary Education used to conduct NEET exam till now. NATIONAL TESTING AGENCY – NTA will organize NEET From 2019 onwards. NEET 2020 exam date is 03 May 2020.
National Testing Agency (NTA) released the NEET 2020 Information Brochure. Download NEET Information Bulletin Here.
Category Wise Reservation of Seats
Category-wise reservation of sheets for NEET exam is given in the table below.
|S. No.||Category of the Applicant||Percentage of Reservation|
|01||Scheduled Tribe Category (ST)||7.5%|
|02||Scheduled Caste Category (SC)||15%|
|04||Physically Handicapped Category||3%|
NEET 2020 Answer Key:
NTA will release the NEET Answer Key for all sets. Applicants can download the answer key only by online process. Candidates can get a rough idea of their performance in the entrance test through Answer Key. Answer key contains all the answers to those questions asked in the entrance test. Download NEET Answer Key- Click Here
- The answer key will be released in May 2020.
- NEET Answer Key will be published via online mode through the official website.
- Applicants can ensure by checking the answers with the correct answer marked.
- Candidates may have an opportunity for the online challenge against the answer key.
- Candidates have to pay Rs. 1000/- per answer challenged.
- Moreover, Candidates will get the fee refund in case the challenge is accepted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
NEET 2020 Result
The details regarding the NEET Result are given below:
- NEET Result will release on 04 June 2020 (Thursday) by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
- The authority will release the result in online mode.
- Candidates will be able to check the result from the official website.
- Candidates can check their results by entering their roll number and other required details on the official website of NEET-2020.
- Applicants may keep an extra copy of the result for further use.
- As per the guidelines from the Honourable Supreme Court of India, DGHS, MCI, and DCI, a merit list will be prepared for admission.
NEET 2020 Cut-Off
The details regarding the NEET Cutoff 2020 are given below:
- NTA will release the NEET Cutoff in online mode on the official website.
- NEET cut-off is the basic and minimum score which candidate has to score to qualify the examination.
- The Cut-Off will be based on several factors such as the availability of seats, the number of candidates, and the difficulty level of the examination etc.
- Finally, after the result declaration, the authority will release the merit list.
- The candidates whose name is on the merit list will get the invite for NEET 2020 Counselling.
- The responsibility of National Testing Agency (NTA) is limited to the conduct of the entrance test, declaration of result and providing All India Rank to the Directorate General of Health Services, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India for counselling.
To check NEET Cutoff 2020 Category wise – Check Here.
- The cut-off is the minimum marks which candidates need to qualify the examination.
- NEET Cutoff will release in June 2020.
- It will be based on the number of students appeared in the exam, difficulty level and availability of seats and the results which will be declared in the first week of June 2020.
- The minimum qualifying marks should be 50% for general, 40% marks for reserved categories and 45% for General Physically Handicapped Candidates.
NEET 2020 Counselling
The details regarding the NEET Counselling process are given below:
- NTA is the conducting committee of the counselling process.
- The counselling committee of the respective states provides 85% State Quota seats.
- Candidates who have qualified the examination and are present in the merit list will have to register themselves online for counselling.
- Before the final allotment of seats for all applicants, mock counselling will take place in online mode to help refine the selection of colleges and courses of the applicants.
- Based on the ranking of the applicant in the merit list and his/her given preference, the final allotment of seats will be done.
- The applicant will have to report directly to their allotted institute, after successful allotment of seats for document verification and payment of fees for the College/ University.
- Seat allotment process will take place according to the candidates rank on the state merit list.
- The applicants will have to undergo document verification and fee payment after allotment and the mode of counselling will depend on the states.
States Participating in NEET Exam
These are the participating states.
- Andhra Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh
- New Delhi
- Himachal Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- West Bengal
- Jammu and Kashmir
Recommended Books for NEET:
Best Books for Biology:
- NCERT Biology Books: Class XI and XII
- Trueman’s Biology: Volume 1 and Volume 2
- Objective NCERT at Your Fingertips for NEET- Biology by MTG Editorial Board
- NEET Preparatory Series
- Trueman’s Objective Biology for NEET- M.P Tyagi
- Pradeep Publication’s Biology
- 40 Days Biology for NEET- S. Chakravarty
- Objective Biology by Dinesh
- GRB Bathla’s Publications for Biology
Best Books for Physics:
- NCERT books of class 11th and 12th
- Concept of Physics: HC Verma
- NEET Preparatory Series
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick, and Walker
- 40 Days Physics for NEET- SB Tripathi
- Complete NEET guide: Physics- MTG Editorial
- Physics for NEET- C.P. Singh
- Problems in General Physics by I.E. Irodov
- Objective Physics: DC Pandey
- Objective NCERT at Your Fingertips for NEET – Physics Paperback – 2020
Best Books for Chemistry:
- A Textbook of Organic Chemistry by Dr OP Tandon
- NEET Preparatory Series
- NCERT Chemistry for class 11th and 12th
- 40 Days Chemistry for NEET- Sudhanshu Thakur
- Objective NCERT at Your Fingertips for NEET – Chemistry by MTG Editorial Board
- Physical Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd
- Objective Chemistry- R.K Gupta
- Complete NEET guide: Chemistry- MTG Editorial
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee for Inorganic Chemistry
- Dinesh’s Chemistry
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (UG) Registered Office Address and Official Link:
National Testing Agency,
C-20 1A/8 ,Sector 62 IITK Outreach Centre, NOIDA-201309.
- Email Address:[email protected]
- Phone Number: 8076535482, 7703859909
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG) – 2020 [NEET(UG) -2020]
Download NEET 2020 FAQs Here.
NEET UG 2020 Notification
For students with Maths and Biology in 12th class, these students can appear for the engineering entrance exam also. And JEE Main 2020 is the only gateway to secure admission in topmost engineering colleges in India. Click on the subheading and read complete information about Joint Entrance Examination (Main) 2020.
NEET Exam Infographics
NEET 2020 Exam Postponed
National Testing Agency has postponed the ensuing NEET (UG) May 2020 examination scheduled to be held on or after 03 May 2020 due to COVID-19 epidemic and lockdown in the country.
National Testing Agency would keep students updated about the latest developments and would inform about changes with ample time.
NEET 2020 Application form Reopen
The detailed information regarding reopening of NEET 2020 Application form is given below. Only those candidate are able to fill the form those have completed in Step 1 on the form.
- The NEET 2020 Application form has been reopened from 03 February 2020.
- Last date of fill the form was 09 February 2020 till 11:50 PM.
- The form will available on the official website through online mode.
NEET 2020 Notification
Stay Tuned for More Updates about NEET 2020.
neet 2020 news neet 2020 registration date neet 2020 form date