NEET UG 2022 is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) at the national level to offer admissions into courses like MBBS/BDS provided by most of the medical colleges/universities approved by MCI/DCI in India. The question paper had 180 Objective questions, which cover all important topics of Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Candidates have to try to attempt a maximum number of questions in 3 hours to qualify for NEET 2022. Candidates can check the information about NTA NEET UG 2022 through the below article.
NEET 2022 Status
|Exam Date||to be announced|
|Application form||Yet to release|
NEET 2022 Important Dates
The important dates of NEET 2022 exam are given in the table below:
|NEET registration 2022 starts||First week of July 2022|
|Last date to apply online||Second week of July 2022|
|Form Correction||Third week of July 2022|
|Availability of admit card||Fourth week of July 2022|
|NEET 2022 exam date||01 August 2022|
|Declaration date of NEET 2022 Result||Third week of August 2022|
|Start of online counselling||2nd week of June 2022|
Candidates can keep visiting this page for the latest updates.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about NEET 2022: Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Dates, Result, Merit List, Counselling - Admissions
NEET 2022 Application Form
The detailed information regarding NEET application form is given below.
- The National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test 2022 Application form will be released soon.
- The application form will release in online mode.
- Candidates can fill the application form through the official website.
- Candidates can check the information below regarding form submission. However, the application form correction will still remain unchanged.
How to Apply for NEET 2022?
Given below is the detailed process of filling the application form. Following the steps, a candidate can easily complete the form in no time.
- Students can avail the NEET Application Form via online mode only. There is no provision to get the form offline.
- To fill the form, Candidates need to visit the official website at NEET
- Candidates should have a valid Aadhar ID and Other ID Proof as they will be needed while registering themselves for the form.
- Fill all the necessary details like personal details, contact number, domicile, qualification, and other important information.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph, signature and index finger impression in the prescribed format.
- Make the fee payment using online and offline mode.
- Finally, After the payment is done, Candidates are advised to take the printout of the confirmation page of the application form and keep it safe for further use.
NEET 2022 Application Fees
Here is the fee to sit for the exam. Also, the payment methods are given below. Doubts regarding the same can be easily cleared after reading them properly.
|S. No.||Category||Application Fee|
|01||General Candidates||Rs. 1500 + GST|
|02||General-EWS/ OBC-NCL*||Rs. 1400 + GST|
|03||SC/ST Candidates||Rs. 800 + GST|
|04||Physically Handicapped Candidates/Transgender Candidates||Rs. 800 + GST|
*Other Backward Classes (OBC) – Non-Creamy Layer as per the Central list of Other Backward Classes available on National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC-Government of India website www.ncbc.nic.in).
Modes of Payment:
- Aspiring candidates can pay the fees in Online mode only.
- In the Online mode of fee payment, the fees can be paid through SBI/Syndicate/HDFC/ICICI/Paytm Payment Gateway through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net-banking/UPI.
- Candidates must not that GST (Goods & Services Tax) will be charged along with the NEET 2020 Application fee.
NEET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
These criteria given below are the minimum requirement for every candidate, which they should be able to fulfil to sit for the exam.
- Candidates should have passed 12th class or it’s equivalent.
- Subjects which should be studied at the 12th class level include Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Biotechnology with English as a compulsory subject.
- Students who are going to appear in 12th and have cleared class 10 are also eligible to apply.
- In the qualifying exam (PCB group), the candidate should have obtained at least 50% marks for General Category, whereas for General-Physically Handicapped Category, the requirement is 45% marks while for SC/ST and OBC Category, the requirement is 40% aggregate.
- Nationality Conditions:
- Nationality: Applicant can be Indian/ Non-Resident Indians (NRIs)/ Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs)/ Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs)/ Foreign National.
- For Jammu and Kashmir/Andhra Pradesh/Telangana states: NEET 2020 aspirants from J and K/AP/Telangana shall be given to an All India 15% quota only if they submit self-declaration of state resident.
- Aadhaar Card Requirement: Indian Nationals must produce Aadhaar Number details and fill the 18 digit number in the space while filling the application form and also bring the same to the examination.
- Age Limit
- Minimum Age: Candidate applying for NEET 2020 must be at least 17 years old as on or before 31 December 2019.
- Maximum Age: Candidates applying must be less than 25 years (for General Candidates) and 30 years (for SC, ST, OBC Candidates).
NEET 2022 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test 2022 is mentioned below:
- Exam Mode: The NEET Exam will be conducted in offline mode (Pen and Paper-based) only.
- Number of Questions: Total of 180 questions will be asked in the exam.
- Type of Questions: There will be only objective type questions (four options with one correct answer).
- Language: Question paper will be asked in 8 languages which are:
- Subjects: Questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Zoology and Botany) subjects.
- Exam Duration: The duration will be 3 hours.
- Marking Scheme: Four marks will be given for each correct answer (+4 Marks).
- Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted for each wrong answer (-1 Marks).
- Marks Distribution: The distribution of marks will be as per discussed below:
NEET 2022 Syllabus PDF
The syllabus is drafted by the Medical Council of India. And, the Question Papers for the test shall be based on a common syllabus. And, The Medical Council of India (MCI) published & recommended the following syllabus for National Eligibility Entrance Test for admission to MBBS/BDS courses across the country after review of various State syllabi as well as those prepared by CBSE, NCERT, and COBSE.
NEET Physics Syllabus
NEET Chemistry Syllabus
Biology Syllabus NEET
NEET 2022 Admit Card/Hall Ticket
The details regarding the admit card of NEET exam are given below:
- The admit card will release in online mode.
- Successfully registered candidates will be able to download the Admit Card from the official website.
- The NEET authority shall not provide the admit card by post/courier.
- The Admit Card will consist of details like Category, Photograph, Roll Number, Candidate Name, Father Name, Exam Date and Timing, Exam centre and other details.
- Candidates need to bring the Admit Card in the Exam Center. Without Admit Card, Candidate will not be allowed to sit in the Examination hall.
- Applicants are required to keep the admit card till the admission process completed.
Category Wise Reservation of Seats
Category-wise reservation of sheets for NEET exam is given in the table below.
|S. No.||Category of the Applicant||Percentage of Reservation|
|01||Scheduled Tribe Category (ST)||7.5%|
|02||Scheduled Caste Category (SC)||15%|
|04||Physically Handicapped Category||3%|
NEET 2022 Answer Key1
NTA will release the NEET Answer Key for all sets. Applicants can download the answer key only by online process. Candidates can get a rough idea of their performance in the entrance test through Answer Key. Answer key contains all the answers to those questions asked in the entrance test. Download NEET Answer Key- Click Here
- NEET Answer Key will be published via online mode through the official website.
- Applicants can ensure by checking the answers with the correct answer marked.
- Candidates may have an opportunity for the online challenge against the answer key.
- Candidates have to pay Rs. 1000/- per answer challenged.
- Moreover, Candidates will get the fee refund in case the challenge is accepted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
NEET 2022 Result
The details regarding the NEET Result are given below:
- The authority will release the result in online mode.
- Candidates will be able to check the result from the official website.
- Candidates can check their results by entering their roll number and other required details on the official website of NEET-2020.
- Applicants may keep an extra copy of the result for further use.
- As per the guidelines from the Honourable Supreme Court of India, DGHS, MCI, and DCI, a merit list will be prepared for admission.
NEET 2022 Cut-Off
The details regarding the NEET Cutoff 2022 are given below:
- NTA will release the NEET Cutoff in online mode on the official website.
- NEET cut-off is the basic and minimum score which the candidate has to score to qualify the examination.
- The Cut-Off will be based on several factors such as the availability of seats, the number of candidates, and the difficulty level of the examination etc.
- Finally, after the result declaration, the authority will release the merit list.
- The candidates whose name is on the merit list will get the invite for NEET 2020 Counselling.
- The responsibility of National Testing Agency (NTA) is limited to the conduct of the entrance test, declaration of result and providing All India Rank to the Directorate General of Health Services, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India for counselling.
To check NEET Cutoff 2022 Category wise – Check Here.
- The cut-off is the minimum marks which candidates need to qualify the examination.
- It will be based on the number of students appeared in the exam, difficulty level and availability of seats and the results.
- The minimum qualifying marks should be 50% for general, 40% marks for reserved categories and 45% for General Physically Handicapped Candidates.
NEET 2022 Counselling
The details regarding the NEET Counselling process are given below:
- NTA is the conducting committee of the counselling process.
- The counselling committee of the respective states provides 85% State Quota seats.
- Candidates who have qualified the examination and are present in the merit list will have to register themselves online for counselling.
- Before the final allotment of seats for all applicants, mock counselling will take place in online mode to help refine the selection of colleges and courses of the applicants.
- Based on the ranking of the applicant in the merit list and his/her given preference, the final allotment of seats will be done.
- The applicant will have to report directly to their allotted institute, after successful allotment of seats for document verification and payment of fees for the College/ University.
- Seat allotment process will take place according to the candidates rank on the state merit list.
- The applicants will have to undergo document verification and fee payment after allotment and the mode of counselling will depend on the states.
States Participating in NEET Exam
These are the participating states.
- Andhra Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh
- New Delhi
- Himachal Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- West Bengal
- Jammu and Kashmir
Recommended Books for NEET:
Best Books for Biology:
- NCERT Biology Books: Class XI and XII
- Trueman’s Biology: Volume 1 and Volume 2
- Objective NCERT at Your Fingertips for NEET- Biology by MTG Editorial Board
- NEET Preparatory Series
- Trueman’s Objective Biology for NEET- M.P Tyagi
- Pradeep Publication’s Biology
- 40 Days Biology for NEET- S. Chakravarty
- Objective Biology by Dinesh
- GRB Bathla’s Publications for Biology
Best Books for Physics:
- NCERT books of class 11th and 12th
- Concept of Physics: HC Verma
- NEET Preparatory Series
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick, and Walker
- 40 Days Physics for NEET- SB Tripathi
- Complete NEET guide: Physics- MTG Editorial
- Physics for NEET- C.P. Singh
- Problems in General Physics by I.E. Irodov
- Objective Physics: DC Pandey
- Objective NCERT at Your Fingertips for NEET – Physics Paperback – 2020
Best Books for Chemistry:
- A Textbook of Organic Chemistry by Dr OP Tandon
- NEET Preparatory Series
- NCERT Chemistry for class 11th and 12th
- 40 Days Chemistry for NEET- Sudhanshu Thakur
- Objective NCERT at Your Fingertips for NEET – Chemistry by MTG Editorial Board
- Physical Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd
- Objective Chemistry- R.K Gupta
- Complete NEET guide: Chemistry- MTG Editorial
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee for Inorganic Chemistry
- Dinesh’s Chemistry
NEET UG 2022 Highlights
Candidates can check the highlights of NEET UG exam through below details:
|Exam Name||NEET UG|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency|
|Course||Undergraduate Courses in Medical Sciences|
|NEET UG Official website||ntanehtet.nic.in/ntaneet/welcome.aspx|
|Exam Purpose||To offer admissions in various Undergraduate Medical Courses across India.|