NEET PG & MDS 2020: NEET MDS 2020 Application Form has been started. National Board of Examination (NBE) has announced the NEET PG 2020 Examination Schedule. National Eligibility cum Entrance Test – Post Graduate 2020 is a national level examination conducted by National Board of Examinations (NBE). It is conducted for aspirants, who seek to get admission into MD/MS/Post Graduate Diploma courses. No other examination, either at state or institution level will be conducted for admission into PG medical courses. In this article, the applicant can get complete information about NEET PG 2020. Information Brochure for the examinations containing all the relevant details will be released by NBE in October 2019. NEET PG 2020 application correction the last date will be in December 2019.
Latest Update: NEET MDS 2020 Application Form has been started from 11 October 2019.
NEET-PG exam is likely to be scrapped as the government proposes an amendment in NMC Bill. Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) final exam enough for admission to MD/MS programmes.
NEET PG & MDS 2020 Important Dates
|Availability of Notification||11 October 2019|
|Online Registration will Starts||11 October 2019|
|Last Date for the submission form||31 October 2019|
|Mock Test Available||The third week of December 2019|
|Admit Card will be available on||13 December 2019|
|NEET PG Exam will be held on||05 January 2020|
|NEET MDS 2020 will be conducted on||20 December 2019|
|Result/Cut Off will be released on||20 January 2020|
|Counselling Starts||March 2020|
Note: NEET MDS 2020 information Brochure has been released on 11 October 2019. Download information brochure now.
NEET PG & MDS 2020 Application Form
Here, we are providing full details regarding the NEET PG & MDS 2020 application form releasing mode, date, fee, etc. The application process for these exams will also be conducted online.
- Aadhaar Card will be mandatory to fill NEET PG 2020 and NEET MDS 2020 application form.
- NEET MDA 2020 registration has been started from 11 October 2019.
- The applicant will fill and submit the application form till 31 October 2019.
- The applications cannot be accepted in offline mode.
- At the time form filling, applicants have to upload their scanned Photograph, Signature & Left Thumb Impression.
- Candidates will not be permitted to submit more than one application.
- Candidates will also have to choose the city in which they want to give the exam. It will depend on a first come first serve basis.
- Take a printout copy of application form for future references.
NEET PG 2020 Application Fee
- Candidates belong to General and OBC category have to pay Rs. 3750 as application fee.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD (PH) categories have to pay Rs. 2750.
- The payment can be done through credit card/debit card or internet banking.
Is the NEET PG 2020 a mandatory test?
Yes, the NEET-PG is a mandatory test for taking admission to any Postgraduate Medical Courses in any Medical colleges of India. National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for Postgraduates (NEET-PG) shall be conducted on a computer-based test (CBT) platform.
Who will be conducting the NEET-PG 2020?
National Board of Examinations (NBE) will be conducting the NEET-PG.
NEET PG 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates have to check eligibility criteria before filling the application. It is given below:
|Nationality||Both, Indian and foreign nationals can apply for these courses|
|Qualifying Exam||Applicants should be passed MBBS degree recognized from MCI and must possess permanent or provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification.|
|Internship||Applicant should complete one year of internship on or before 31 March 2020.|
|Reserve Quota seat||Applicants, those studied/qualified MBBS degree from J & K, Telangana and Andhra Pradesh are not eligible for 50% AQI.
If these applicants submit a duly signed affidavit declaring that they were nominated by the Government of India (under central pool seats) to do MBBS from medical colleges of above states, then they are eligible to participate in All India 50% quota counselling.
Who is eligible to take the NEET-PG 2020?
- Students of MBBS degree/Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate from a Medical College/Institute duly recognized by Indian Medical Council Act & Medical Council of India.
- candidate must have permanent or provisional registration certificate of MBBS or equivalent qualification issued by the Medical Council of India / State Medical Council.
- And the applicant must have completed one year of internship or are likely to complete the same on or before 31st March 2020 may apply for NEET-PG.
Read about detailed information about NEET PG here in PDF.
How to Apply National Eligibility cum Entrance Test – Post Graduate 2020?
The application process is likely to begin in October.
- Applicants have to fill their application form via online mode.
- The Prospectus will be available on the official website of the National Board of Examinations.
- It is advised to the applicant that applicants must take the print out of system generated the application and save for future use.
NEET PG Admit Card 2020
- The authority will issue the admit card once the exam centre is allotted to the applicants during online registration.
- Applicants will get the admit card in their registered email ID approximately 4 days before the examination.
- The conducting body will also provide a link to download the admit card in the last week of December 2019.
- Applicants have to affix their latest passport size photo in the space given on the admit card.
National Board of Examination Dates
The National Board of Examination (NBE) is responsible organizing the exams like National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test Post Graduate (NEET-PG), NEET MDS, Foreign Medical Graduate Examination FMGE, and DNB Post Diploma CET (DNB-PDCET).
|S.No.||Name of Examination||Date|
|1.||NEET MDS 2020 exam will be conducted on||20 December 2019|
|2.||Foreign Medical Graduate Examination FMGE 2020, and DNB Post Diploma CET (DNB-PDCET) 2020 will also be conducted on||December 2019|
|3.||NEET PG 2020 will be conducted on||05 January 2020|
NEET PG 2020 Syllabus
NEET PG 2020 syllabus will be consisted of subjects/ knowledge areas, according to the Graduate Medical Education Regulations notified by MCI. The syllabus of the exam will include all the subject studies during the MBBS course, such as pre-clinical, para-clinical and clinical.
NEET PG 2020 Exam Centres
The PG medical entrance exam will be held in about 129 cities across the country. National board of examination will declare a list of test cities in the information brochure. Candidate can select the exam venue as per their comfort.
NEET PG 2020 Exam Pattern
NEET PG & MDS exams will be MCQ-based and will be conducted in Computer-based mode. The full details of the exam are mentioned below:
- Mode: It will be held in online mode (computer-based test).
- Session: The examination will be conducted on a single day in a single session.
- Number of Questions: In the exam, there will be a total of 300 multiple choice type questions will be asked.
- Medium: The question paper will be in English mode only.
- Duration: The time duration will be 3 hours 30 minutes.
- Marking Scheme: For the correct answer, four marks will be awarded to the candidates.
- Negative Marking: There will be 25% (one mark) deducted for every wrong answer.
|Subjects||Subject Wise Weightage of Questions (In Nos.)|
|Social and Preventive Medicine||25|
|Medicine Dermatology and Venereology||37|
|Surgery, ENT, Orthopaedics and Anaesthesia||46|
|Radiodiagnosis & Radiotherapy||12|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||25|
NEET PG 2020 Result
- Applicants can check their result in January 2020. It is been available on the official website.
- The result of the exam can be checked by entering the roll number and date of birth.
- The merit of the applicants will be declared after applying the tiebreaker criteria on the merit list.
- Candidates can download NEET PG 2020 scorecard from the official website. No scorecard will be sent to the applicants through offline mode.
- The validity of the result of NEET-PG 2020 shall be only for the current admission session i.e. 2020.
NEET PG 2020 Cut Off
- The cut off of the exam will be declared along with the result declaration. It will be announced in online mode only.
- The cut off is the minimum qualifying marks which the applicant have to require to get admission into PG courses.
To get admission into medical PG courses, candidates have to secure the following marks which are segmented category wise:
|General – Physically handicapped||45% Percentile|
- The 50% All India Quota seats of PG courses will be allotted by the Directorate General of Health Services, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India through centralized counselling.
- For state quota seats, the counselling will be held by the concerned State Medical Directorate/Counselling authority(s) of the State/UT.
- For counselling, the merit list will be segmented as NEET PG 2020 rank, All India 50% quota rank, All India 50% quota category rank and State quota/ Private medical colleges rank.
Applicants will participate in the counselling process as per the rank. Candidates will have to choose the colleges & courses according to their preferences.
Counselling Schedule For NEET PG 2020
|Round – 1||Online Registration Begins||March 2020|
|Choice Filling/ Locking||March 2020|
|Seat Allotment process begins||March 2020|
|Final Result of Counselling||March 2020|
|Reporting Date||March – April 2020|
|Round – 2||Online Registration Begins||April 2020|
|Choice Filling/ Locking||April 2020|
|Seat Allotment process begins||April 2020|
|Final Result of Counselling||April 2020|
|Reporting Date||April 2020|
|Mop-Up Round||Online Registration Begins||May 2020|
|Choice Filling/ Locking||May 2020|
|Seat Allotment process begins||May 2020|
|Final Result of Counselling||May 2020|
|Reporting Date||May 2020|
How many seats shall be available for all States?
Candidates are advised to visit MCI Website www.mciindia.org for the latest information about various MD/MS/Post Graduate Diploma courses & seats available at different Medical Colleges/Institutions in India.
Who will conduct the counselling for All India 50% quota seats?
Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) of Director General of Health Services, Government of India will be conducting counselling for All India 50% Quota Seats.
- Make a timetable in such a way to give ample time for preparation & revision.
- Prepare according to the weightage given to each subject in the examination.
- Make notes and highlight the important points of the subject.
- Try to Solve last year’s question papers & sample papers.
- Always study from the regular books. Not to waste time to study from too many guide and reference books.
- Practice mock tests which will be available the third week of December 2019 onwards to familiarize candidates with an online test pattern.
NEET PG & MDS 2020 Highlights
|Name of Examination||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test – Post Graduate 2020, NEET MDS 2020 Examination|
|Commonly Known As||NEET PG & NEET MDS 2020|
|Conducting Body||National Board of Examination (NBE)|
|Examination Level||National Level|
|Purpose of Exam||Admissions into PG medical courses & MDS|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Duration of Exam||3 Hours and 30 Minutes|
|Number of Questions||300 Questions|
|States that accept NEET PG scores||All states and union territories of India|
|Application Fee||For General and OBC category – Rs. 3750.
For SC/ST/PWD(PH) categories – Rs. 2750.
|Selection Process||Entrance Exam|
|NBE Candidate Care Number||1800 11 1700 & 1800 11 1800 (Toll Free)|
|NBE Email Id||[email protected]|
Download the official NBE FAQs about NEET PG Here.
For more information regarding NEET 2020.