NIMCET 2018: National Institute of Technology Master of Computer Applications Common Entrance Test 2018. National Institutes of Technology (NITs) are autonomous institutes and are funded by Central Government. Also called as Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTIs). The NIMCET is NIT MCA Common Entrance Test, a National Level Test conducted by NITs for admission into their MCA programme. Furthermore, the admission to the MCA programme into NITs for the session 2018-19 is based on the NIMCET 2018 Rank only. The NITs are at Agartala, Allahabad, Bhopal, Calicut, Durgapur, Jamshedpur, Kurukshetra, Raipur, Surathkal, Tiruchirappalli and Warangal. While Candidates are not required to apply separately to any NIT MCA programme admission.
Upcoming Application Form
- JEE Main January Session 2019 by National Testing Agency Check Here
- Manipal University B.Tech Admission Open Apply Here
- Manipal University All Courses Admission Open Apply Here
- Amrita University B.Tech. Admissions Open 2019 Apply Here
- SRM B.Tech Admissions Open Apply Here
- UPES B. Tech Admissions Open for 2019 Apply Here
- LPU B. Tech Admissions Open for 2019 Apply Here
Last year NIM CET was conducted by NIT Durgapur. The NIT institutes are yet to announce the examination conducting body. And last year test was conducted on 28 May 2017,(Sunday) 10.00 am to 12.00 Noon.
NIT MCA Common Entrance Test 2018
The NIMCET 2018 is also known as NIT MCA Common Entrance Test 2018. And the candidates must read the instructions given on website and information bulletin. As an application for NITs MCA entrance test not complying with instructions may get rejected. Also, Applicants are advised to read the eligibility documents carefully.
Note: For more MCA Entrance Examination Click here.
How to fill the NIMCET 2018 Application Form for NIT MCA Admissions?
The Steps for filling the NIT MCA Common Entrance Test is given below.
- Firstly, the candidates must register on the NIMCET 2018 official website with login, password. And then fill all the Online Form details asked.
- And candidates should pay the application processing fees before submitting the online application form at www.nimcet2017.nitdgp.ac.in. Please note that this fee is non-refundable and must be paid through NIMCET 2018 website only.
- The candidates will get a unique application number after successful submission of application form. Furthermore, the candidates are advised to quote this unique application number for all future correspondences.
- Finally, Applicants must send the generated application form with fees e-receipt. The application should reach on or before 20 March 2018. Also, ensure all the required documents are enclosed as specified in check-list.
Note: Send all relevant documents via Speed Post/Registered Post on or before 31 March 2018.
“The NIMCET 2018 3 Secretary, NIMCET-2017, National Institute of Technology Durgapur, Mahatma Gandhi Avenue, West Bengal– 713209,”.
The application or registration fees for NIMCET 2018 is as follows.
|Category of Candidate||Fees|
|General OPEN/OBC||Rs. 2,000/-|
NIMCET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for NIT MCA Common Entrance Test 2018 is listed here.
- The candidate should Indian national with minimum three years full-time B.Sc / B.Sc (Hons) / BCA / BIT of minimum three years full-time degree from a recognized University with Mathematics/Statistics/Equivalent subject as one of the subjects.
- The General candidates required 60% marks in aggregate or 6.5 CGPA on a 10 point scales. Whereas, SC/ ST candidates required 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale.
- Furthermore, Candidates are not allowed to convert the scored marks from CGPA to percentage and vice-versa. Also, the Unitary method will be used to convert CCPA other than 10 point scale.
Admission through NIMCET-2018
The aspirants should follow the NIMCET 2018 information brochure to see the criteria of rank allotment. As the candidates will be called for counselling according to the rank obtained in NIT MCA Common Entrance Test.
Seven Stages of Process of NIMCET 2018
Following are the seven stages of NIMCET 2018 process.
- Online Registration and Application for the test.
- And writing NIMCET 2018 Test.
- Rank Allotment, after that choice filling and locking.
- Finally, Online Seat Allotment and personally reporting at the allotted institute.
- Now, Getting admission into the allotted Institute.
- Whereas candidates may surrender the seats for further counselling.
- Finally, Fresh Choice filling and final round of counselling.
Note: In case of any technical issue, Candidates are advised to contact,
National Institute of Technology Durgapur,
PIN – 713209
Note: Download the official information brochure here.
MCA Seats In Participating Institutes
NIMCET 2018 Test Syllabus
The syllabus for NIMCET examination is given below.
b. Computer Awareness
c. Analytic Ability and Logical Reasoning: (40 questions)
The logical situation and questions based on the facts will be asked this section.
d. General English: (20 questions)
The general understanding of the English language of the candidates will be tested here. And the questions will be on following topics:
Comprehension, vocabulary, Basic English Grammar (like usage of correct forms of verbs, prepositions and articles), word power, synonyms and antonyms, the meaning of words and phrases, technical writing.
The candidates can download their rank card or scorecard from the official website. As no rank card will be sent to candidates.