UGC NET 2021 (December 2020 Cycle) has been postponed which was to be held from 02 to 17 May 2021. University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test is conducted by the National Testing Agency(NTA). This entrance exam is conducted at the national level twice in a year. i.e. in June and December. This exam is conducted for “only Assistant Professor” or for “both Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor” post. Interested candidate those are will to apply for UGC NET exam can go through the following article for the detailed information regarding UGC exam(June session) like dates, application form, eligibility, syllabus etc.
UGC NET December Cycle 2020 Status
UGC-NET December 2020 cycle (May 2021) Examination has been postponed due to the present situation of the COVID-19 pandemic and also taking into account the safety and well-being of the candidates.
UGC NET 2021 Important Dates
The important dates of NTA UGC NET 2021 for Dec 2020 session is given below.
|Events||Dates 2021 (December Cycle)|
|Availability of Online Application||2nd February 2021|
|Last date to apply online||9th March 2021|
|Correction window opens||12th to 16th March 2021|
|Availability of Admit card||April 2021|
|UGC NET 2021||0
|Release of Answer Key||July 2021|
|Announcement of Results||July 2021|
UGC NET 2021 Postponed
In the recent webinar with students, HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal has clarified that the NTA will not conduct the UGC NET Exam in the month of May 2021. As per the minister, the government will not take any risk for the health of students and hence the NTA UGC NET exam has been postponed. The exam was about to be held from 02 to 17 May 2021. The revised dates for the UGC-NET December 2020 cycle (May 2021) Examination will be announced later and at least 15 days before the examination.
UGC NET 2021 Admit Card
The detailed information regarding NTA UGC admit card 2021 is given below.
- The admit card will be released through online mode on the official website.
- No candidate will receive their hall ticket through post.
- Candidate must carry admit card with an ID proof to the exam centre.
The admit card contains all the information for the students appearing in the examination.
- Name of the candidate.
- Roll Number
- Examination Center/Venue Address
- Date & Time of Exam
- Photo of the student
UGC NET 2021 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of the UGC NET is given below. UGC NET consists of two papers.
Exam Pattern of Paper-1
The exam pattern of NTA UGC Paper-1 is given below.
|Time Duration||01 hours|
|Types of Questions||Objective Type Questions|
|Total Number of Number of questions||50|
|Single Question Marks||02|
|Subject||General nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude|
Exam Pattern of Paper-2
The exam pattern of NTA UGC Paper-2 is given below.
|Time Duration||02 hours|
|Types of Questions||Objective Type Questions|
|Total Number of Number of questions||100|
|Single Question Marks||02|
|Subject||Subject selected by the candidate|
This the latest updated information regarding NTA UGC paper pattern. Candidate can keep visiting this page for the latest updates notifies by the officials.
UGC NET 2021 Syllabus
The complete detailed information regarding NTA UGC syllabus is given in table.
|Post Graduate subject||Code|
|Defence and Strategic Studies||811|
|Adult Education/ Continuing Education||845|
|Andragogy / Non Formal Education||846|
|Arab Culture and Islamic Studies||848|
|Labour Welfare/ Personnel Management/ Industrial Relations/ Labour and Social Welfare/ Human Resource Management||850|
|Library and Information Science||852|
|Comparative Study of Religions||854|
|Mass Communication and Journalism||855|
|Performing Arts – Dance/ Drama/ Theatre||856|
|Museology & Conservation||857|
|Tribal and Regional Language/ Literature||860|
|Sanskrit Traditional Subjects||863|
|Drawing & Painting||880|
|Computer Science and Applications||881|
|Social Medicine & Community Health||886|
|History of Art||888|
|International and Area Studies||893|
|Human Rights and Duties||895|
|Tourism Administration and Management||896|
This is the list of PG subjects with thier codes.
UGC NET 2021 Result
Vital information regarding the result of the UGC NET 2021 is given below.
- UGC NET 2021 for December session 2020 Result will be announced tentatively in July 2021.
- The scorecard will be released on the official website of NTA through online mode.
- Candidate can check their result by login through their details.
NTA UGC NET 2021 Answer Key
The detailed information regarding NTA UGC Answer key is given below.
- The answer key of the UGC for June session will be released in July 2021.
- Candidate can check the answer key on the official website of the conducting body.
- The answer key will be released in the PDF format.
Procedure to Challenge UGC NET 2021 Answer Key
The procedure of challenging UGC NET 2020 answer key is given below.
- Go to the official website of NTA i.e, ntanet.nic.in.
- In the next screen, click on the ‘Challenge/s regarding Answer Key’.
- Now Log In with your Application No. and Date of Birth and fill Security Pin as displayed and Submit.
- 50 Question IDs of Paper 1 and next 100 Question IDs for Paper 2.
- The ID next to the question under the column ‘Correct Option’ stands for the correct Answer Key to be used by National Testing Agency.
- If a candidate wishes to challenge this option, he/ she may use any one or more of the Option IDs given in the next four columns by clicking the checkbox.
- After clicking your desired option, both for Paper 1 and Paper 2, scroll down, ‘Save your Claim’ and go to the next step.
- Now a candidate will see a display of all the Option IDs they have challenged.
- Please click on ‘Save your Claim’.
- Now the candidate will find a screen showing your challenges.
- Kindly submit the fee by clicking on ‘Click here to Pay Fee’.
- Please select Mode of Payment and Pay your fee of Rs. 1,000/- for each question challenged. Make payment via Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking.
UGC NET 2021 Application Form
The vital information regarding UGC NET application form is given below.
- The application form of UGC NET 2021 Dec Session 2020 is over.
- The application form has been released in online mode.
- Candidates can fill the application form through the official website of NTA
- The applicant has to fill only one form. Multiple forms of a single candidate will be rejected by NTA.
- Moreover, candidates may keep a copy of the filled application form for further use.
How to fill the NTA UGC NET 2021 Application Form?
The steps to fill the University Grant Commission National Eligibility Test is given below:
- Firstly, go to the NTA website. i.e. www.ugcnet.nta.nic.in
- Secondly, search for button “College/University Teaching & Fellowship Exam”.
- Also, read full information about the new pattern.
- Now click on the registration button and fill in the details.
- Finally, pay the application fees and print the receipt.
- Also, keep the print copy of application form for future reference.
UGC NET 2021 Application Fee
The fee detail is given a mention in the table:
Mode of payment: Candidates can remit the application fee through credit/debit card or e-Challan (in cash to Syndicate /Canara/ ICICI bank). The application fee will be non-refundable or non-transferable in any circumstances.
UGC NET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility criteria for UGC NET 2021 are given below:
- For JRF, Not more than 31 years as on 1st day of the month in which the examination is concluded i.e. 01.03.2021 (This age limit is applicable for the current examination only).
- No age limit for Assistant Professor.
- There are five years age relaxation candidates belonging to OBC-NCL, SC, ST, PwD and Women categories.
- Qualifying Exam: Masters or equivalent degree from a university recognized by UGC.
- Minimum Marks: It is required to pass the qualifying exam at least 55% marks in aggregate (50% marks for reserved categories).
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates who are in the final semester can also apply.
- Relaxation: 5% relaxation of marks for those PhD degree holders whose Master degree have completed by 19th September 1991.
UGC NET 2021 Exam Centres
Candidates can check the list of cities for test for NTA UGC NET 2021 for Dece 2020 session below:
|Andaman and Nicobar||Port Blair|
|Daman & Diu||Daman|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||Dadra and Nagar Haveli|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro Steel City|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Baramulla|
UGC NET 2021 Important Links
UGC NET 2021 Highlights
Check the below-given details to know about UGC National Eligibility Test 2021
|Name of the exam||UGC NET 2021 (National Eligibility Test)|
|Exam conducting body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Level||Nation Level entrance exam|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Exam purpose||To determine the eligibility of the candidates for JRF (Junior Research Fellowship), Assistant professor, Assistant Professor positions.|
FAQs of UGC NET
What is UGC NET exam?
The University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test (UGC NET), also known as NET or NTA-UGC-NET, is a test to determine eligibility for Assistant Professor only or Assistant Professor & Junior Research fellowship both in college and university for Indian nationals.
Who will conduct the UGC NET exam?
National Eligibility Test (NET) will be conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
What is the full form of UGC NET?
UGC NET stands for National Eligibility Test.
What is the passing marks for the NET exam?
Candidates must score minimum 40% marks to qualify the exam. After getting 40% marks, the separate cutoff will be published for different subjects.