TISSNET 2020: TISS (Tata Institute of Social Sciences) manages TISSNET Examination for MA admission.TISSNET (Tata Institute of Social Sciences National Entrance Test) is an All India Level Examination. The aspirants will get admission to different post-graduation courses through this examination. TISS Campuses at Mumbai, Hyderabad, Guwahati, and Tuljapur offers several Bachelors, Masters, and Doctoral programmes in interdisciplinary areas. The aspiring candidates must read the below article for complete and detailed information related to TISSNET 2020.
Upcoming Application Form
- CBSE 10th & 12th Board Dates Apply Now
To take part in this exam, candidates must have at least completed an undergraduate course from a recognizable institute in India. It takes place at the start of the year each time. This year, the exam is scheduled for January. Students must be ready with thethey admit cards downloaded and printed. Admit cards are very important for the exam.
TISSNET 2020 Important Dates
The TISS will announce the National Entrance Test (NET) important dates soon. whereas the examination date is announced.
|Release of application||October 2019|
|Last date to submit the online application||December 2019|
|Last Date for receipt of the application form by post||December 2019|
|Admit card release||December 2019|
|Exam date||January 2020|
|Declaration of result||February 2020|
|PI & PIT admission rounds||March 2020|
|Announcement of Selection||April 2020|
|Original document verification & payment of fees||April 2020|
|Releasing of first waitlist||May 2020|
|Original document verification & payment of fees||May 2020|
|Closing of admission||June 2020|
Application Form for TISSNET 2020
- The aspirants will get the TISSNET Application Form for Under Graduate Courses through online mode only from the official website.
- For Post Graduate Courses, the application form will be available through both online and offline mode.
- The application form for TISSNET will be available from 30 October 2019.
- The deadline for submission of TISSNET 2020 Application Form is 12 December 2019 and only registered candidates can fill online Application Form till 17 December 2019.
- The candidates can get the offline application form through Speed Post by sending an application request with application form fee to the below address.
Assistant Registrar (Academic),
Tata Institute of Social Sciences,
Deonar Mumbai, 400088
Important Exam Update
- Updates Regarding JEE Main 2020
Necessary Documents to Submit Along With the Application Form
- Graduation Mark Sheets (for Under Graduate Courses)
- Caste Certificate (Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes)
- Non-Creamy Layer Certificate (Other Backward Classes)
- Disability Certificate (Persons With Disability)
- Bonafide Certificate from candidates, who are in Final Year of Degree (for Under Graduate Courses)
- One Stamp Sized Recent Photograph
- The application form fee for Under Graduate Courses is Rs. 1,025 /- (for Rs. 275 /- for Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer) category).
- The application form fee for Post Graduate Programs is below.
|Unreserved||Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)|
|Payment Through Internet Banking / Credit Card / Debit Card|
|Program 1||Rs. 1,030 /-||Rs. 260 /-|
|Program 2||Rs. 2,060 /-||Rs. 520 /-|
|Program 3||Rs. 3,090 /-||Rs. 780 /-|
|Payment Through State Bank of India Challan|
|Program 1||Rs. 1,000 /-||Rs. 250 /-|
|Program 2||Rs. 2,000 /-||Rs. 500 /-|
|Program 3||Rs. 3,000 /-||Rs. 750 /-|
TISSNET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility criteria i.e qualification, age, and addition eligibility are given in the table below.
|Program||Qualifying Examination||Age Limit||Additional Eligibility|
|B.A.||10 + 2 or equivalent examination in any stream from any recognized Board||Less than 23 Years at the time of taking the Bachelor’s Admission Test||
|M.A.||Bachelor’s Degree in the pattern of 10 + 2 + 3 or 10 + 2 + 4 or 10 + 2 + 2 + 1 from any recognized University||Not Available||Students who satisfy all the requirements of their Bachelor’s Degree Examination by 10 June 2020 are also eligible for application.|
TISSNET 2020 Admit Card
- The TISSNET 2020 Admit Card will be released on December 2019.
- Applicants must use the email-id and password to download the admit card.
- The admit card contains important information like registration details, roll number, exam centre etc.
- Most importantly, Applicants must carry the hall ticket on the examination day along with valid identity proof.
TISSNET 2020 Syllabus
|Mathematics||Profit and Loss, Basic Geometry, Percentages, Averages, Ratio & Proportion.|
|Logical Reasoning||Venn Diagram, Cubes, Alphabet Series, Number Series, Eye for detail, Logical Connectivity, Statement Conclusion/Assumption/ Arguments, Linear/Circular/Family Arrangement, Puzzles, etc.|
|DI Topics||Bar graph, Pie chart, Case lets, Line graphs, Tables, Double pie chart, Multiple graphs and Data comparison.|
|RC Topics||Purpose of the passage, Assumption and Supporting Statement, Inference and Conclusion Drawn, Author’s Point of View, Strengthen & Weaken, Flaw and Discrepancy, etc.|
|VA Topics||Antonyms, Odd word out, Right usage of words infill in the Blank, Fill in the Blanks – Homophones, Idioms – Match the following, Sentence Correction, Analogies, etc.|
|General Awareness||Environment and Ecology, Economy/ Policy, Gender/Health/Education, Media/ICTs/Literature/Art/Culture, Politics/History/Governance/Law, International politics/ current events, Labour, Sports, etc.|
TISSNET 2020 Exam Pattern
|Mode of Exam||CBT (Computer Based Test)|
|Time Duration||1 hour and 40 minutes|
|Type of Question||MCQ (Multiple Choice Question)|
|Negative Marking||There will be no Negative Marking|
TISSNET 2020 Answer Key
- After the examination, applicants may able to check the TISSNET 2020 Answer Key.
- The official answer key will announce later on the website. So, to take the reference, candidates take the help of unofficial answer keys.
- Since it is a CBT (computer-based test), the authenticity of these keys answer cannot be checked.
TISSNET 2020 Result
- Firstly, the result will be accessed through online mode only from the official website.
- Secondly, TISSNET 2020 Result will be declared in the first week of February 2020.
- After that, applicants who will appear in the examination can download their result/ scorecard through login.
- Finally, candidates must take a printout of the result/ scorecard for further reference.
TISSNET 2020 Cut Off
- The expected cut off for TISSNET 2020 Exam will announce once the examination is over.
- Applicants can refer to unofficial sources but should rely on official sources.
- The TISSNET 2020 Cut Off will release on the result day.
Given below is the previous year cut off:
TISSNET 2019 Cut Off
Stay tuned with EntranceZone for complete and detailed information related to TISSNET 2020.
A TISS is having Five campuses in India. Whereas, TISS is a Public Funded Research University Creating Human Service Professionals for the Nation. TISSNET exam is organized by the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS).
- TISS Chennai
- TISS Mumbai
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences Tuljapur
- TISS Hyderabad
- TISS Guwahati