JEE Main is considered to be the most prestigious and competitive examination in the country for selection in various Engineering Institute. Around 1.3 million candidates write JEE Main every year. Students start preparing for JEE Main after Class 10th. Most of the candidates don’t even know about other equally important entrance tests which are held in India. A candidate aspiring to pursue Engineering as a career should know about the following examination as well. They can see the details about various other Engineering Entrance Exam which are held in India apart from JEE Main.
Upcoming Application Form
- SRM University Admissions Open Now Apply Now
- Manipal Uni. 2020 Admissions Now Open Apply Now
- UPES Admissions 2020 Now Open Apply Now
- NIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Amrita University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- KIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- LPU University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Chandigarh University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
Important Engineering Entrance Exam apart from JEE Main 2020
BITSAT (Bits Admission Test):
BITS Pilani is one of the most premier institutes in India for pursuing Engineering. It is always considered in league with some of the top IITs. BITSAT is the Online Engineering Entrance Exam conducted by BITS Pilani for admission into various Undergraduate courses on its three campuses: Pilani, Hyderabad, and Goa.
- BITSAT is of 450 marks. It consists of 150 questions from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English and Logical Reasoning.
- It will be conducted from 2nd – 4th week of May 2020.
- Application Forms are generally available from 1st week of January 2020.
- BITSAT 2020 Admission Form will be of Rs. 3150/-.
- Around 2500 students are selected out of 3 Lakh students that give the examination.
- BITS Admission Official Website.
VITEEE (VIT Engineering Entrance Examination):
VIT University is another prestigious private university that conducts its entrance examination known as VITEEE. It conducts an online-based Engineering entrance exam for selection to various Engineering courses in Vellore and Chennai Campus.
- VITEEE is generally of 125 marks. Each question carries 1 mark. There is no negative marking in VITEEE.
- Candidates can take the calculative guess and implement techniques to eliminate wrong answers.
- The difficulty level is somewhat similar to JEE Main.
- The examination will be conducted from 13th – 19th April 2020.
- Application Fees for this examination is Rs. 1150/-.
- Application Forms are now available.
- VITEEE Official Website: https://viteee.vit.ac.in/?utm_source=VIT&utm_campaign=viteee2020
SRMJEEE (SRM Joint Entrance Examination):
SRM University is one of the most renowned private university in the country. It has campuses in more than 6 states. It’s known for its research-based academics and quality professionals. SRMJEE is an online-based engineering entrance exam conducted every year for selection into Undergraduate Engineering courses.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about Top 5 Engineering Entrance Exam Apart from JEE Mains
- Around 7000 students are selected for admission in SRM University.
- The examination is generally held in April.
- The paper is of 315 marks. There is a total of 105 questions from physics, chemistry, and mathematics.
- There is a provision of negative marking as well. (-1 mark for every wrong answer).
- Application forms are available for registration from 12 April 2020 – 20 April 2020.
- SRM University Official Website: https://www.srmist.edu.in/
MU OET (Manipal University Open Entrance Test):
Manipal University is also one of the premier engineering institutes in India. Manipal University conducts MU OET for entrance in various courses in its different campuses. It is known for its research-based academics and scenic beauty. It has campuses in Bangalore, Sikkim, Jaipur and Mangalore.
- Exams are generally held in the last week of April 2020.
- It is an Online-based examination.
- It has a total of 200 questions from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English. Duration is 2 Hours 30 Minutes.
- Examination fees are Rs. 2000/-.
- Manipal Univ. Admission Website: https://manipal.edu/mu/admission.html
AEEE (Amrita Engineering Entrance Examination):
Amrita Engineering Examination or AEEE is conducted by Amrita University every year for selection into various Undergraduate Engineering courses. It is one of the best university for Engineering in India. It has campuses in Amritapuri and Bengaluru. AEEE is one of the most competitive Engineering Entrance Exam.
- There will be a total of 100 Questions (40 from Mathematics and 30 each from Physics and Chemistry).
- Each question will be of 3 marks. The exam is of 2 Hours 30 Minutes.
- Online examination will be conducted from 23 – 27 April 2020.
- Offline Exam will be conducted on 02 May 2020.
- Amrita Univ. Official Website: https://www.amrita.edu/admissions/btech-2020
For more details regarding various engineering examination in India, Candidates can visit EntranceZone.