JEE Main is considered to be the most prestigious and competitive examination in the country for selection in various Engineering Institute. Around 1.3 million candidates write JEE Main every year. Students start preparing for JEE Main after Class 10th. Most of the candidates don’t even have the knowledge about other equally important entrance tests which are held in India. A candidate aspiring to pursue Engineering as a career should know about the following examination as well. They can see the details about various other Engineering Entrance Exam which are held in India apart from JEE Main.
Upcoming Application Form
- CBSE 10th & 12th Board Dates Apply Now
Important Engineering Entrance Exam apart from JEE Main 2017
BITSAT (Bits Admission Test):
BITS Pilani is one of the most premier institutes in India for pursuing Engineering. It is always considered in league with some of the top IITs. BITSAT is the Online Engineering Entrance Exam conducted by BITS Pilani for admission into various Undergraduate courses on its three campuses: Pilani, Hyderabad, and Goa.
- BITSAT is of 450 marks. It consists of 150 questions from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English and Logical Reasoning.
- It is conducted from 2nd to 4th week of May.
- Application Forms are generally available from 1st week of January.
- BITSAT 2016 Admission Form was for Rs 1700.
- Around 2500 students are selected out of 3 Lakh students that give the examination.
- BITS Admission Official Website: http://bitsadmission.com/bitsatmain.aspx
VITEEE (VIT Engineering Entrance Examination):
VIT University is another prestigious private university that conducts its own entrance examination known as VITEEE. It conducts an online based Engineering entrance exam for selection to various Engineering courses in Vellore and Chennai Campus.
- VITEEE is generally of 125 marks. Each question carries 1 mark. There is no negative marking in VITEEE.
- Candidates can take the calculative guess and implement techniques to eliminate wrong answers.
- The difficulty level is somewhat similar to JEE Main.
- The examination will be conducted from 5th to 16th April 2017.
- Application Fees for this examination is Rs 900.
- Application Forms are now available.
- VITEEE Official Website: http://www.vit.ac.in/btechadmissions/viteee2019
SRMJEEE (SRM Joint Entrance Examination):
SRM University is one of the most renowned private university in the country. It has campuses in more than 6 states. It’s known for its research-based academics and quality professionals. SRMJEE is an online-based engineering entrance exam conducted every year for selection into Undergraduate Engineering courses.
- Around 7000 students are selected for admission in SRM University.
- The examination is generally held in the month of April.
- The paper is of 315 marks. There is a total of 105 questions from physics, chemistry, and mathematics.
- There is a provision of negative marking as well. (-1 mark for every wrong answer).
- Application forms will be available from around 15.
- SRM University Official Website: http://www.srmuniv.ac.in/
MU OET (Manipal University Open Entrance Test):
Manipal University is also one of the premier engineering institutes in India. Manipal University conducts MU OET for entrance in various courses in its different campuses. It is known for its research-based academics and scenic beauty. It has campuses in Bangalore, Sikkim, Jaipur and Mangalore.
- Exams are generally held in the last week of April.
- It is an online-based examination.
- It has a total of 200 questions from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English. Duration is 2.5 hours.
- Examination fees are Rs 2000.
- Manipal Univ. Admission Website: https://manipal.edu/mu/admission.html
AEEE (Amrita Engineering Entrance Examination):
Amrita Engineering Examination or AEEE is conducted by Amrita University every year for selection into various Undergraduate Engineering courses. It is one of the best university for Engineering in India. It has campuses in Amritapuri and Bengaluru. AEEE is one of the most competitive Engineering Entrance Exam.
Important Exam Update
- Updates Regarding JEE Main 2020
- There will be a total of 100 questions (40 from Mathematics and 30 each from Physics and Chemistry).
- Each question will be of 3 marks. The exam is of 2.5-hour duration.
- Online examination will be conducted from 20th to 23rd
- Offline Exam will be conducted on 29th
- Amrita Univ. Official Website: https://www.amrita.edu/admissions/btech-2019
For more details regarding various engineering examination in India, Candidates can visit EntranceZone.