AP Goyal Shimla University Admission 2020 Application Form will be released in the first week of April 2020. AP Goyal Shimla University is one of the renowned universities in North India and is known for its superlative education levels. APG is known for imparting education, which is an amalgamation of modern course content blended properly with holistic teaching philosophy. The institute is owned by AP Goyal Charitable Trust, a non-profit charitable organization.
Upcoming Application Form
- CBSE 10th & 12th Board Dates Apply Now
Located in Shimla, AP Goyal University offers various courses at the Undergraduate and Postgraduate level in Engineering, Management and Law. The university offers outstanding facilities in terms of infrastructure. The campus boasts of scenic features like rivulets, waterfall, and natural hilltop. This provides opportunities for mountaineering and adventure sports.
The campus is divided into Administration Block, Academic Block, Auditorium, Mess, Modern Cafeterias and Gym and sports center. It also has state-of-the-art laboratories and a library. The curriculum is designed at APG to test the student’s potential and train them rigorously so as to make them industry ready.
Latest Update: The JEE Main 2020 Application Form for the January session will be released soon by the National Testing Agency(NTA) in the first week of September 2019.
AP Goyal Shimla University Admission Procedure
- To apply for admission at APG University, Candidates will have to appear in JEE Main 2019.
- Candidates can download the Application form for the same from the JEE Main Website.
- Both offline and online mode is available for filling the application form. Students should fill in all the relevant details about the qualifying examination marks and other personal details carefully.
- One should do the payment via online mode through Internet Banking or Debit Card, or offline mode via DD (Demand Draft).
After the JEE Main Examination, the candidate can apply for admission through the official website of AP Goyal University, or visit the campus to get the admission form. Once the date to fill the online application form will be over, University will publish a merit list on the basis of JEE Main score and qualifying examination marks. Candidates will get a notification through Emails and Phone Call. After selection candidates will have to visit the campus for counselling and show all the relevant documents. He/She should contain all the mandatory documents, they are:
- JEE Main scorecard.
- 10th Mark sheet
- 12th Mark Sheet.
- Character Certificate
- School Leaving Certificate
- Reserved Category Certificate (if applicable)
After verification and a personal interview, the student can pay the admission fees and will finally get admission to the college. Candidates who want to withdraw from the course will have to apply for the same at the administrative block of the institute. As the entire admission fee is refundable after deducting a specific amount.
Important Exam Update
- Updates Regarding JEE Main 2020
APG Shimla University 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- For applying in B.Tech candidate should have qualified 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized school. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English are necessary courses and one subject from Chemistry/ Biotechnology or Computer Science.
- A minimum percentage in class 10 should be 45%.
- Candidate should have also qualified JEE Main Examination.
- For applying in M.Tech Courses, the candidate should have B.Tech degree from a with a minimum of 45%. Students who have GATE scores will get admission on the basis of the performance in the mains and B.Tech course.
AP Goyal Shimla University: Mission and Vision
- APG aims at creating an institution which provides quality education, robust professionalism and enables students to cope with all the modern technologies.
- AP Goyal University constantly tries to expose Students and Faculty to the Industries, so as to give them a basic idea of the outside world.
- Its aim is to promote individual excellence and collective endeavours through international diversity, interdisciplinary studies and superlative enhancement of students by providing the tranquil and peaceful environment.
APG University wants to be a centre for professional education, academic excellence and intellectual research in India.
- Their aim is to impart vibrant and comprehensive knowledge to students by providing them with the catalyst to change.
- APG encourages students to explore, create knowledge and experience their full potential while maintaining integrity in their professional conduct.
- APG promotes works in inter-disciplinary research, cross-cultural diversity. They have started various “learn in India” initiatives.
- They also thrive to provide faculties who are proficient in their knowledge and those who can set high standards of knowledge.
Student’s Life @ AGU Shimla
Students at APG are provided with all the basic amenities that are essential for overall development. Hostel facilities are provided for faculties and students. Proper mess facility is also available. Students who wish to explore in extra-curricular activities can be parts of various clubs and departments in the college. APG also conducts a national festival every year, where the display of various skills in technical and administrative fields take place.
Accreditation and Recognition
- APG University is accredited by NAAC to deliver degrees at UG and PG level.
- It is also approved by University Grant Commission to be an official government under Himachal Pradesh Government.
- It’s recognized by COI (Council of Architecture) and BCI (Bar Council of India) and is a member of AIU (Association of Indian University).
- This university also offers collaborative programs with the international university.
- The university is one of the premier institutes of India, in Engineering and Management Degrees.
- It boasts of 100% placements for eligible students in companies like Havells, Parker, and HP.
- It is having the award for Best Infrastructure Facilities by Econs Education and Quality Education in Private University by Global Quality Awards.
AP Goyal Shimla University Courses Overview
There are various Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses that A.P.G University offers. Duration for B.Tech Courses is 4 years and 2 years for M.Tech Courses. Details about the courses are as follows:
- Tech (4Years)
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
Tuition fees for the above courses is around 4 .5 lakhs in total (in approx). There will be other expenses such as accommodation, mess fees, and some other fees. One can expect total fees for B.Tech approximately 5 Lakhs in APG Shimla University.
M.Tech (2 Years)
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Expected total fees for the above courses is around 2 lakhs. Candidates should check the minimum eligibility criteria before applying for the course.
AP Goyal Shimla University is keen toward performing various Inter-disciplinary tasks. And thus offers courses to various PhD students to perform research in such domains. Faculties in the campus are also involved themselves in such innovative projects and are always ready to help the students in any way they can.
AP Goyal Shimla University Address & Website
AP Goyal Shimla University, Mehli-Shoghi Bypass Road Shimla
(Himachal Pradesh) India. PIN- 171013.
AP Goyal Shimla University Official Website: http://www.agu.edu.in/