Azim Premji University Bengaluru, Karnataka Admission Process for 2020 session has been started for BA, B.Sc, B.Ed and various other courses. Azim Premji University is situated in Bengaluru, Karnataka was established as a not-for-profit University. It is recognised by the University Grants Commission (UGC) under Section-2F. Azim Premji University works with a mission to create excellent and effective programs for learning and research in education, development and related fields like nutrition, health, and livelihood. Azim Premji University aims at promoting systematic change in education and related development areas by conducting extensive multi-disciplinary research and developing new domains of knowledge.
Upcoming Application Form
- Amity University Admissions Open Now Apply Now
- Reva University Bengaluru Admissions Open Apply Now
- Manipal Uni. 2020 Admissions Now Open Apply Now
- UPES Admissions 2020 Now Open Apply Now
- NIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Amrita University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- KIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- LPU University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Chandigarh University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
Azim Premji University offers various Undergraduate and Post-graduate courses. Specialisations will be offered in the Humanities (combined History, Literature and Philosophy), Sciences (Physics, Biology) and Economics. Students will also have the opportunity to take up research and projects to obtain an honours degree. This will be a full-time, three-year, residential program.
Azim Premji University Campus is sprawled in around 120,000 square .ft. of space. It has modern classrooms that are equipped with all the latest audio and visual equipment, Seminar Halls, Conference Rooms with various technological features such as video-conferencing, and discussion rooms. Azim Premji University also has a state-of-the-art, well-stocked library, two dining halls and a cafeteria, and dedicated sports facilities including football, cricket and basketball. For day to day needs of the students, University also provides them with Banking Service, Wireless Connectivity, etc.
Latest Update: The JEE Main 2020 Application Form has been released by the National Testing Agency (NTA) on 03 September 2019.
Latest Update: Azim Premji University Bengaluru, Karnataka Admission Process for 2020 session has been started for BA, B.Sc, B.Ed and various other courses.
Azim Premji University Admission Dates 2020
|Course Name||Availability of Application Form||Last Date of Application||Entrance Date||Interview Process||Result|
|B.Sc-B.Ed (Integrated)/ B.Sc/ BA (Early Admissions)||September 2019||22 December 2019||08 December 2019||3rd, 4th, & 5th January 2020||February 2020|
|B.Sc-B.Ed (Integrated)/ B.Sc/ BA (Regular Admissions)||April 2020||May 2020|
|MA/ LL.M||–||January 2020||February 2020|
|M.Ed||–||May 2020||May 2020|
Azim Premji University Admission Process
The process for admission in Azim Premji University, Bengaluru is listed here:
Ongoing Application Forms - 2020
Manav Rachna University
Vel Tech Admissions 2020
Shoolini University Admission 2020
GNIOT, Noida Admission 2020
BML Munjal University Admission 2020
KIIT University Admission 2020
VijayBhoomi University, Mumbai Admission 2020
PIET Panipat Admission 2020
Amity Joint Entrance Examination 2020
MIT ADT University Pune Admission 2020
Thapar University Admission 2020
DIT University Admission 2020
LPU Admissions 2020
GD Goenka University Admission 2020
REVA University Admission 2020
- Candidates who wish to take admission in Azim Premji University will have to apply in Online or Offline mode. Candidates applying online will have to register on the official website of the university and download the form. Those who are applying offline can buy the application form and prospectus and receive it through the post.
- After filling the Application form successfully, candidates will have to submit the form along with details about the qualifying examination, photograph, etc. as per asked in the application form.
- Candidates will have to then submit the form through speed post along with a demand draft for the specified amount on or before the deadline date.
- University will then conduct an entrance test that will check the English and aptitude efficiency of the candidates.
- Once shortlisted, candidates will be then called for a personal interview. Candidates should take all the required documents to the interview. Candidates who will not be able to show the results of the qualifying examination on the day of counselling will be given provisional admission. The student will only be admitted after complete verification of all the required documents.
- Students can ask for refunds before the commencement of the session. A fine will be deducted and entire fees will be refunded.
Vision and Mission
One of the main aims of Azim Premji University is that it considers education as a medium of social change and wants to work towards attaining that change. Individuals at Azim Premji University thrives on contributing towards the realization of an equitable, just, humane and sustainable society.
- Azim Premji University aims at creating an outstanding and effective curriculum that ensures that the students are given all the required knowledge so that they can show great competence, integrity and commitment towards the social cause.
- The University also aims at expanding the frontiers of knowledge in quality education, development and related fields through innovative and interdisciplinary research.
- University aims at supporting and enhancing the education and development sectors in the country by providing quality education.
- It thrives on contributing to policy change and practice in the Indian education sectors through public communication and advocacy.
Azim Premji University Admission Eligibility Criteria
The admission eligibility criteria for this University Bengaluru, Karnataka is given below:
- Candidates should have qualified Class 12 or equivalent from a recognised Board.
- Candidates who are appearing for their qualifying examinations till June 2017 will be eligible to apply.
- Maximum age limit for applying for admission in Undergraduate Programs at the University is 19 years as on July 1, 2017, and the candidate should have completed 12th standard exam (or its equivalent) by then with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks.
- The admission offer will be provisional until the proof of successful completion of the qualifying examination is not provided.
- For admission in Master’s Degree, Candidate should have successfully completed the bachelor’s degree in the related field. Candidate’s with work experience are encouraged to apply.
Student’s Life at Azim Premji University
The students coming from various regions and religions have ensured that campus is vibrant and stay it is enjoyable. There are various student-led activities that have become an integral part of the campus.
- Students at Azim Premji work in an NGO, Pahal, where a large number social causes ranging from education of poor children, working with the communities in and around the campus, working for the environmental concern, and blood donation camps.
- Students at Azim Premji have publications named Karvan and Student Journal of Education and Development.
- The annual cultural festival UNMUKT is one of the key cultural event managed by the students at the University.
- There are various clubs related to Theatre, Cinema, Literature, Photography, Quiz, and Sports.
Accreditations and Recognitions
The Various Undergraduate Programme offered by the University is recognised by University Grants Commission (UGC) by section 22.
The University offers Arts and Science as courses at the Undergraduate level.
B.Sc. (3 Years)
- Physics or Biology
Minors and Honours
- Students also choose a minor degree along with bachelor degrees such as Development and Sustainability, Data Sciences, Education, Physics, Applied Mathematics, Biology, Economics and Humanities.
- Apart from minor, Students also opt for an Honors degree by taking advanced research projects.
- Selection in the minor and honours stream is on the basis of availability of courses and student’s interests and forte.
M.A (2 years)
- Masters of Arts and Education
- Masters of Arts and Development
- Masters of Arts in Public Policy and Governance
Fee Structure (Per Annum):
|Tuition Fees||Rs 1,20,000||Rs 60,000|
|Accommodation Charges||Rs 86,000||Rs 58,000|
|Food Charges||Rs 50,000||Rs 50,000|
Research at University
Research programs at Azim Premji University are focused on problems that are relevant to the basic works, and at a higher level, on problems that have social impact and relevance. Emphasis is on researchers that contribute to practical knowledge and experience.
Various researches have been conducted at Premji University by students and faculty members such as Decentralization and Decision Space in the Health Sector in Karnataka. More such researchers can be seen on the official website of the university.
Azim Premji University Address and Website
Azim Premji University
PES Campus Pixel Park, B Block, Electronics City,
Hosur Road, Beside NICE Road,
Bengaluru, Karnataka 560100
Official Website: http://www.azimpremjiuniversity.edu.in/
Stay tuned for Azim Premji University Bengaluru, Karnataka Admission Process.