Indian Institute of Technology Joint Admission Test for M. Sc. is a national level examination. And, all the IITs (Indian Institutes of Technology) and IISc (Indian Institute of Science) organize this test on a rotation basis. And, the students apply for this examination to get admission in M. Sc. (Four Semesters), Joint M. Sc. – Ph. D., M. Sc. – M. Tech., M. Sc. – Ph. D. Dual Degree, and other offered courses. Furthermore, admit card for IIT JAM 2018 will be released on 09 January and exam will be held on 11 February 2018. Also, the students get admission in top colleges and universities of India such as IITs and IISc for these courses on the basis of their performance in IIT JAM 2018.
The List of Defective Applications is released on the website, candidates should check their name. Read all the important information about IIT JAM 2018 in this article before filling the application form & official link is given below.
Important Information about IIT JAM 2018
Organizing Institute: IIT Bombay
Examination Name: Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. 2018
Courses: M.Sc. (Two Year), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree, and other post-bachelor’s degree programs.
Institutions: IITs & IISC.
IIT JAM 2018 Important Dates & Schedule of Exam
The schedule is released by IIT JAM authority. The date of examination is changed to 11 February from 10 February 2018.
|Name of Event||Date of Event|
|Release of Application Form||5 September 2017|
|Deadline for Application Form and Uploading Documents||10 October 2017|
|Deadline for Paying Application Fee||10 October 2017|
|Release of Admit Card||09 January 2018 until Examination Date|
|Availability of Mock Test||Available Now|
|Date of IIT JAM Examination||11 February 2018|
|Declaration of Result||20 March 2018|
|Admission Form Submission||03-17 April 2018|
|Deadline to Request Change of Category||17 April 2018 (Tuesday)|
|Release of First Admission List||22 May 2018 (Tuesday)|
|Release of Second Admission List||12 June 2018 (Tuesday)|
|Release of Third Admission List||29 June 2018 (Friday)|
|Closure of Admissions||05 July 2018 (Thursday)|
IIT JAM Test Schedule
IIT Bombay released the following details of Test Schedule.
|Exam Date||Session||Time||Test Papers and Codes|
|February 11, 2018 (Sunday)||1||9:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon||Biotechnology (BT), Chemistry (CY), Geology (GG) and Mathematical Statistics (MS)|
|2||2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m||Biological Sciences (BL), Mathematics (MA) and Physics (PH)|
IIT JAM 2018 Application Procedure
- Firstly, the students need to visit the official website and submit the Online Application Form. The online application forms have been released.
- Here, the aspirants have to register themselves by entering their Full Name, E-Mail ID, Contact Number, and Password.
- Then, after successfully registering, the applicants will receive a system generated an email containing their Enrollment ID.
- Next, the candidates have to log in through the Enrollment ID and Password and fill the asked details in the Online Application Form.
- Further, the students should upload their recent photograph and signature, and category certificate (if applicable).
- Then, the application fee should be paid through online mode only.
- Moreover, before finally submitting the application form, check all the filled entries.
- Finally, the applicants should take a printout of the Online Application Form and keep it safe for future reference.
|Click here for IIT jam brochure|
IIT JAM 2018 Application Fee
The Application Fee for IIT JAM 2018 can be paid through online mode only (Net Banking / Credit Card / Debit Card).
|One Paper||Two Paper|
|Unreserved / Other Backward Classes||Rs. 1,500||Rs. 2,100|
|Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Persons With Disability / Women (All Categories)||Rs. 750||Rs. 1,050|
JAM 2018 Mock Examination Link
The IIT Bombay, the organising institute of JAM 2018 released the Mock test and link for Mock examination is available now on the official website as well as can be accessed from here.
IIT JAM 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Firstly, all the candidates irrespective of their nationality are eligible to apply for IIT JAM 2018.
- Then, candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree in any stream from any recognized college or university.
- Next, the applicants must have secured at least 55% marks (for candidates belonging to Unreserved, and Other Backward Classes – Non-Creamy Layer) or 50% (for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and Persons With Disability).
- Finally, the students appearing in the final year of the qualifying examination can also apply for IIT JAM 2018.
Minimum Educational Qualifications for Admission
The detailed Minimum Educational Qualifications for Admission along with Test papers and programs are given here in the link.
JAM 2018 Admit Card:
- Admit Card containing all details of the candidate i.e Candidate’s Name, Registration Number, Photograph, Signature, and Name(s) and Code(s) of the Test Paper(s) applied. Also, the Name and Address of the Test Centre allotted.
- The Candidates are advised to check the details of Admit Card according to entries made by him in the application form. In case of any discrepancy, the applicant must inform the organizing committee of JAM 2018, IIT Bombay immediately.
- The Applicants must carry ADMIT CARD along with valid government ID proof (given at the time of filling the application form) to the examination centre. No Candidate will be allowed for the TEST without admit card & ID Proof.
- The Admit Card may be withdrawn by organizing institute if in any case the candidate’s is not fulfilling the eligibility criteria lead by IIT Bombay at the time of application form.
Note: The candidates are advised to preserve the JAM 2018 Admit Card carefully. As it may be asked at the time of admission by the Institute.
The IIT JAM 2018 application forms have been released. Apply now.
JAM 2018 Highlights
RANK AND MERIT LIST
Rank List: All India Rank will be published by organizing Institute to each candidate appeared in the TEST.
Tie Breaking Rule: The candidate will be given higher rank whose ratio of positive marks to negative marks will be higher. And, If this criterion fails, then the same rank will be awarded.
Merit List: The merit list will be prepared on the basis of All India Rank (AIR). And the merit list depends on the seats available in each category (OBC-NCL, SC, ST, and PwD) in a given subject.
CCMN 2018 (Counseling Body for Admission to NITs & CFTIs)
The CCMN 2018 (Counseling Body for Admission to NITs & CFTIs) will admit students through qualified JAM 2018 scores. Also, IISER Pune and Bhopal will admit students through qualified JAM 2018 scores.
Stay tuned with EntranceZone for more updates and information related to IIT JAM 2018.