IIT JAM 2021 Counselling Process has been started. the first admission list will be declared on 16 June 2021. IIT Kanpur has conducted JAM 2021 on 14 February on behalf of the Ministry of Human Resource Development(MHRD). It is a National level exam to offer admission in M. Sc. (Four Semesters), Joint M. Sc. – PhD., M. Sc. – M. Tech., M. Sc. – PhD Dual Degree, and other offered courses. Also, the students get admission in top colleges and universities of India such as IITs and IISc based on their performance in Joint Admission Test for M.Sc 2021. Candidates may read the whole article for complete details regarding the IIT JAM 2021.
IIT JAM 2021 Exam Status
- IIT JAM 2021 first admission list will be declared on 16 June and the second list on 01 July 2021.
IIT JAM 2021 Important Dates & Schedule of Exam
The important dates related to IIT JAM 2021 are given in the table below:
|Notification releases on||12 August 2020|
|Start date of Online registration at JOAPS||10 September 2020|
|Last date to submit the application form and upload documents||15 October 2020|
|Form correction window||02-10 November 2020 (Re-opened)|
|Download JAM admit card from||11 January 2021|
|JAM 2021 exam date||14 February 2021|
|Date of Release of Answer key||26 February 2021|
|Challenging answer key||01-03 March 2021|
JAM 2021 Final Answer Key released on
|Announcement of results||20 March 2021|
|Availability of Scorecard||March 2021|
|Submission of admission form||20 April- 20 May 2021 31 May 2021|
|First admission list out on||16 June 2021|
|Second admission list out on||01 July 2021|
|Third admission list out on||16 July 2021|
|Closure of admission via JAM 2021||20 July 2021|
The above-mentioned dates are as per the notification released by the authority.
IIT JAM 2021 Counselling
The details regarding the IIT JAM Counselling is given below:
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about IIT JAM 2021: Counselling(Started), Admission Process
- The shortlisted candidates will have to attend the IIT JAM Counselling.
- Candidates will have to fill the admission form for counselling until 31 May 2021.
- The admission form will be available in online mode.
- The first admission list will release on 16 June 2021.
- The admission fee for the candidates will be Rs. 600/-.
- Through the admission, form candidates can fill their choices. Candidates are advised to carry their original documents during admission.
Document Required at Time of Counselling
The documents to be carried along on the day of IIT JAM Counselling is given below:
- class 10 and class 12 mark sheet
- class 10 and class 12 certificates
- Category certificate
- Graduation degree
- Caste certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Passport size photographs
- Voter id or id proof
IIT JAM 2021 Result
The details regarding the IIT JAM 2021 Result is given below:
- IIT JAM Result has been released by IIT Kanpur on 20 March 2021.
- Candidates can check the result online mode on the official website.
- After the result is out Rank list will be released.
- Each paper will have a different Rank List.
- Based on the All India Rank, an All India Merit List has been prepared.
- The prepared merit list will depend on the total number of seats and availability of seats for students including reservation policy for various categories.
IIT JAM 2021 Cutoff
The details regarding the IIT JAM 2021 Cutoff are given below:
- IIT JAM 2021 Cutoff will be released in online mode.
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of IIT JAM Cutoff.
- The Cutoff will be the minimum marks required in each subject.
- Participating institutes and colleges will give admission on the basis of the cutoff score.
- All the IITs and IISc will release a separate merit list for providing admission in their campuses.
IIT JAM 2021 Rank and Merit List
The details regarding the rank and merit list is given below:
- Rank List: All India Rank will be published by the organizing Institute to each candidate appeared in the TEST.
- Tie-Breaking Rule: The candidate will be given a higher rank whose ratio of positive marks to negative marks will be higher. And, If this criterion fails, then the same rank will be awarded.
- Merit List: The merit list will be prepared based on All India Rank (AIR). And the merit list depends on the seats available in each category (OBC-NCL, SC, ST, and PwD) in a given subject.
JAM 2021 Answer keys
The details regarding the IIT JAM 2021 Answer keys are given below:
- The Final Answer Key has been released on 16 March 2021.
- IIT JAM Answer keys have been released on Official Website of IIT JAM.
- Candidates can use the IIT JAM Answer Keys to predict their marks before the result.
- Candidates can also challenge the answer key within the stipulated time.
IIT JAM 2021 Question Papers
Candidate can view or download the question papers of IIT JAM exam from the table given below:
IIT JAM 2021 Response sheet
The details regarding the IIT JAM response sheet is given below:
- IIT JAM 2021 Response Sheet has been released by IIT Kanpur.
- Candidate can download it from the official website of IIT Kanpur.
- The candidate needs to log in first to view the response sheet.
- The Answer key and Result will be declared soon.
IIT JAM 2021 Admit Card
The details regarding the IIT JAM Admit card is given below:
- The Indian Insititute of Technology, Kanpur has released the JAM hall ticket
- IIT JAM Admit card releases in online mode only.
- Candidates can download the JAM admit card from the official website (i.e, https://joaps.iitk.ac.in/).
- Aspirants are advised to cross-check all the details mentioned on the admit card post download of it.
- The Candidates are advised to check the details of Admit Card according to entries made by him/her in the application form.
- In case of any discrepancy, the applicant must inform the organizing committee of JAM, IIT Kanpur immediately.
- The Applicants must carry ADMIT CARD along with valid government ID proof (given at the time of filling the application form) to the examination centre. No Candidate will be allowed for the TEST without admit card & ID Proof.
- The Admit Card may be withdrawn by the organizing institute if in any case the candidate’s is not fulfilling the eligibility criteria lead by IIT Kanpur at the time of application form.
Details mentioned in the Joint Admission Test for M.Sc 2021 Admit card
The details mentioned in the IIT JAM Admit card are given below:
- Candidate’s Name
- Registration Number
- and Name(s) and Code(s) of the Test Paper(s) applied.
- Also, the Name and Address of the Test Centre allotted.
IIT JAM 2021 Application Procedure
The details regarding the IIT JAM application procedure is given below:
- Firstly, the students need to visit the official website and submit the online application form.
- Here, the aspirants have to register themselves by entering their Full Name, E-mail ID, Contact Number, and Password.
- Then, after successfully registering, the applicants will receive a system-generated email containing their Enrollment ID.
- Next, the candidates have to log in through the Enrollment ID and Password and fill the asked details in the Online Application Form.
- Further, the students should upload their recent photograph and signature, and category certificate (if applicable).
- Then, the application fee should be paid through online mode only.
- Moreover, before finally submitting the application form, check all the filled entries.
- Finally, the applicants should take a printout of the Online Application Form and keep it safe for future reference.
IIT JAM 2021 Application Fee
The application fee details are given below:
|One Paper||Two Paper|
|Unreserved / Other Backward Classes||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 2,100|
|Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Persons With Disability / Women (All Categories)||Rs. 750||Rs. 1,050|
- Mode of Payment:
- Candidates can pay the Application Fee for Joint Admission Test 2020 through online mode only via:
- Net Banking
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Candidates can pay the Application Fee for Joint Admission Test 2020 through online mode only via:
IIT JAM 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The details regarding the IIT JAM Eligibility criteria is given below:
- Firstly, all the candidates irrespective of their nationality are eligible to apply for IIT JAM exam.
- Then, candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree in any stream from any recognized college or university.
- Next, the applicants must have secured at least 55% marks (for candidates belonging to Unreserved, and Other Backward Classes – Non-Creamy Layer) or 50% (for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and Persons With Disability).
- Finally, the students appearing in the final year of the qualifying examination can also apply for IIT JAM.
- There is no Age limit to apply for this exam.
IIT JAM 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the IIT JAM 2021 exam pattern given below:
- Mode of exam: The exam will be conducted in Online mode.
- Total Questions: Question Paper will have 60 Questions.
- Type of Questions: Questions will be in MCQ.
- Papers: 7 Paper will be organized for this exam.
- Negative marking: Negative marking would be only for 1 session.
The distribution of questions of each subject of IIT JAM exam are given below:
|Sections||No. of questions||Total marks|
IIT JAM 2021 Syllabus
The details regarding the IIT JAM Syllabus is given below:
- IIT JAM Syllabus is divided into 3 sections.
- These subject are part of IIT JAM exam syllabus- biological science, biotechnology, chemistry, mathematics, physics and geology etc.
Syllabus for Geology:
Geomorphology, the planet earth, structural geology, palaeontology, stratigraphy, petrology, economic geology, applied geology and mineralogy etc.
Syllabus of Mathematics Statics:
Differential calculus, integral calculus, matrix, sequence and series, probability, random variables, joint distributions, sampling distributions, estimation, limit theorem, testing of hypothesis etc.
Syllabus of Chemistry:
Mathematical concepts, the theory of gases, solid-state, chemical thermodynamics, electrochemistry, spectroscopy, adsorption, organic reaction mechanism, the basic concept of organic chemistry, natural products chemistry, aromatic and heterocyclic chemistry periodic table, main group elements, chemical bonding and shapes, bioinorganic chemistry, analytical chemistry etc.
Syllabus of Mathematics:
Function and one variable, integral calculation, differential calculus, vector calculus, linear algebra, real analysis, group theory and sequence and series and real number tec.
Syllabus of Physics:
Oscillation waves and optics, mechanics and general properties of matter, mathematical methods, kinetic theory, thermodynamics, modern physics, electricity and mechanism, solid-state physics, devices and electronics and modern physics etc.
IIT JAM 2021 Highlights
The overview of IIT JAM exam is given below:
|Organizing Institute||IIT Kanpur|
|Examination Name||Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. 2021|
|Courses||M.Sc. (Two Year), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree, and other post-bachelor’s degree programs.|
|Institutions||IITs & IISC.|
|JAM Official website||https://jam.iisc.ac.in/|
iit jam 2020 official website, iit jam 2020 login, iit jam 2020 registration, iit jam 2020 syllabus pdf.