IIT JAM 2020 Counselling Process has been started from 20 April 2020. IIT Kanpur has conducted JAM 2020 this year on behalf of the Ministry of Human Resource Development(MHRD). It is a National level exam to offer admission in M. Sc. (Four Semesters), Joint M. Sc. – PhD., M. Sc. – M. Tech., M. Sc. – PhD Dual Degree, and other offered courses. Also, the students get admission in top colleges and universities of India such as IITs and IISc based on their performance in Joint Admission Test for M.Sc 2020. Candidates may read the whole article for complete details regarding the IIT JAM 2020.
IIT JAM 2020 Latest Update
- IIT JAM 2020 Counselling process has been started by the authority on 20 April 2020.
- The application submission is starting from 20 April 2020 in online mode.
- IIT JAM 2020 Scorecard has been released by the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur on 31 March 2020.
- IIT JAM 2020 Final Answer Key has been released by the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur on 16 March 2020.
IIT JAM 2020 Important Dates & Schedule of Exam
The important dates related to IIT JAM 2020 are given in the table below:
|Application Form Available||05 September 2019|
|Last date to fill Application Form||09 October 2019 (Extended)|
|Application Form Correction||18 October 2019|
|Application Form for J&K Students||22 – 28 November 2019|
|Admit Card Downloading Date||07 January 2020|
|Mock Test Available||January 2020|
|IIT JAM Exam Date||09 February 2020|
|Answer Key Release||20 February 2020|
|Final Answer Key||16 March 2020|
|Result Declaration||16 March 2020|
|Score Card Available||31 March 2020|
|Admission Form Starts||20 April – 10 May 2020|
|last date for Rectification of documents and change of category in a proper format.||15 May 2020|
|Declaration of First Admission List||15 June 2020|
|Declaration of Second Admission List||30 June 2020|
|Declaration of Third Admission List||15 July 2020|
|Closure of Admission||20 July 2020|
The above-mentioned dates are as per the notification released by the authority.
IIT JAM 2020 Counselling
The details regarding the IIT JAM Counselling is given below:
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about IIT JAM 2020: Counselling, (Started), Dates, Admission
- The shortlisted candidates will have to attend the IIT JAM Counselling.
- Candidates will have to fill the admission form for counselling from 20 April 2020.
- The admission form will be available in online mode.
- The last date to fill the form of the admission process is 15 May 2020.
- The first admission list will release on 15 June 2020.
- The admission fee for the candidates will be Rs. 600/-.
- Through the admission, form candidates can fill their choices. Candidates are advised to carry their original documents during the admission.
Document Required at Time of Counselling
The documents to be carried along on the day of IIT JAM Counselling is given below:
- class 10 and class 12 mark sheet
- class 10 and class 12 certificates
- Category certificate
- Graduation degree
- Caste certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Passport size photographs
- Voter id or id proof
IIT JAM 2020 Result
The details regarding the IIT JAM 2020 Result is given below:
- IIT JAM Result has been released by IIT Kanpur on 20 March 2020.
- Candidates can check the result through online mode on the official website.
- After the result is out Rank list will be released.
- Each paper will have different Rank List.
- Based on the All India Rank, an All India Merit List has been prepared.
- The prepared merit list will depend on the total number of seats and availability of seats for students including reservation policy for various categories.
Note: IIT JAM result has been released and checks the result now.
IIT JAM 2020 Cutoff
The details regarding the IIT JAM 2020 Cutoff are given below:
- IIT JAM 2020 Cutoff will be released in online mode.
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of IIT JAM Cutoff.
- The Cutoff will be the minimum marks required in each subject.
- Participating institutes and colleges will give the admission on the basis of the cutoff score.
- All the IITs and IISc will release a separate merit list for providing admission in their campuses.
RANK AND MERIT LIST
The details regarding the rank and merit list is given below:
Rank List: All India Rank will be published by organizing Institute to each candidate appeared in the TEST.
Tie-Breaking Rule: The candidate will be given a higher rank whose ratio of positive marks to negative marks will be higher. And, If this criterion fails, then the same rank will be awarded.
Merit List: The merit list will be prepared based on All India Rank (AIR). And the merit list depends on the seats available in each category (OBC-NCL, SC, ST, and PwD) in a given subject.
JAM 2020 Answer keys
The details regarding the IIT JAM 2020 Answer keys are given below:
- The Final Answer Key has been released on 16 March 2020.
- IIT JAM Answer keys have been released on Official Website of IIT JAM.
- Candidates can use the IIT JAM Answer Keys to predict their marks before the result.
- Candidates can also challenge the answer key within the stipulated time.
Candidate can view or download the answer key of IIT JAM exam from the table given below:
IIT JAM 2020 Question Papers
Candidate can view or download the question papers of IIT JAM exam from the table given below:
IIT JAM 2020 Response sheet
The details regarding the IIT JAM response sheet is given below:
- IIT JAM 2020 Response Sheet has been released on 12 February 2020 by IIT Kanpur.
- Candidate can download it from the official website of IIT Kanpur.
- Candidate needs to log in first to view the response sheet.
- The Answer key and Result will be declared soon.
- Candidates may note that all the information related to IIT JAM 2020 will be released on the official website.
IIT JAM Admit Card 2020
The details regarding the IIT JAM Admit card is given below:
- The Indian Insititute of Technology, Kanpur has released the JAM hall ticket on 07 January 2020.
- IIT JAM Admit card releases in online mode only.
- Candidates can download the JAM admit card from the official website (i.e, https://joaps.iitk.ac.in/).
- Aspirants are advised to cross-check all the details mentioned on the admit card post download of it.
- The Candidates are advised to check the details of Admit Card according to entries made by him/her in the application form.
- In case of any discrepancy, the applicant must inform the organizing committee of JAM, IIT Kanpur immediately.
- The Applicants must carry ADMIT CARD along with valid government ID proof (given at the time of filling the application form) to the examination centre. No Candidate will be allowed for the TEST without admit card & ID Proof.
- The Admit Card may be withdrawn by organizing institute if in any case the candidate’s is not fulfilling the eligibility criteria lead by IIT Kanpur at the time of application form.
Details mentioned in the Joint Admission Test for M.Sc 2020 Admit card
The details mentioned in the IIT JAM Admit card are given below:
- Candidate’s Name
- Registration Number
- and Name(s) and Code(s) of the Test Paper(s) applied.
- Also, the Name and Address of the Test Centre allotted.
IIT JAM 2020 Application Procedure
The details regarding the IIT JAM application procedure is given below:
- Firstly, the students need to visit the official website and submit the online application form. The online application form for J&K students has been released on 22 November 2019.
- Here, the aspirants have to register themselves by entering their Full Name, E-mail ID, Contact Number, and Password.
- Then, after successfully registering, the applicants will receive a system-generated an email containing their Enrollment ID.
- Next, the candidates have to log in through the Enrollment ID and Password and fill the asked details in the Online Application Form.
- Further, the students should upload their recent photograph and signature, and category certificate (if applicable).
- Then, the application fee should be paid through online mode only.
- Moreover, before finally submitting the application form, check all the filled entries.
- Finally, the applicants should take a printout of the Online Application Form and keep it safe for future reference.
IIT JAM 2020 Application Fee
The application fee details are given below:
|One Paper||Two Paper|
|Unreserved / Other Backward Classes||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 2,100|
|Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Persons With Disability / Women (All Categories)||Rs. 750||Rs. 1,050|
- Mode of Payment:
- Candidates can pay the Application Fee for Joint Admission Test 2020 through online mode only via:
- Net Banking
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Candidates can pay the Application Fee for Joint Admission Test 2020 through online mode only via:
IIT JAM 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The details regarding the IIT JAM Eligibility criteria is given below:
- Firstly, all the candidates irrespective of their nationality are eligible to apply for IIT JAM exam.
- Then, candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree in any stream from any recognized college or university.
- Next, the applicants must have secured at least 55% marks (for candidates belonging to Unreserved, and Other Backward Classes – Non-Creamy Layer) or 50% (for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and Persons With Disability).
- Finally, the students appearing in the final year of the qualifying examination can also apply for IIT JAM.
- There is no Age limit to apply for this exam.
IIT JAM Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the IIT JAM exam pattern given below:
- Mode of exam: The exam will be conducted in Online mode.
- Total Questions: Question Paper will have 60 Questions.
- Type of Questions: Questions will be in MCQ.
- Papers: 7 Paper will be organized for this exam.
- Negative marking: Negative marking would be only for 1 session.
The distribution of questions of each subject of IIT JAM exam are given below:
|Sections||No. of questions||Total marks|
IIT JAM 2020 Syllabus
The details regarding the IIT JAM Syllabus is given below:
- IIT JAM Syllabus is divided into 3 sections.
- These subject are part of IIT JAM exam syllabus- biological science, biotechnology, chemistry, mathematics, physics and geology etc.
Syllabus for Geology:
Geomorphology, the planet earth, structural geology, palaeontology, stratigraphy, petrology, economic geology, applied geology and mineralogy etc.
Syllabus of Mathematics Statics:
Differential calculus, integral calculus, matrix, sequence and series, probability, random variables, joint distributions, sampling distributions, estimation, limit theorem, testing of hypothesis etc.
Syllabus of Chemistry:
Mathematical concepts, the theory of gases, solid-state, chemical thermodynamics, electrochemistry, spectroscopy, adsorption, organic reaction mechanism, the basic concept of organic chemistry, natural products chemistry, aromatic and heterocyclic chemistry periodic table, main group elements, chemical bonding and shapes, bioinorganic chemistry, analytical chemistry etc.
Syllabus of Mathematics:
Function and one variable, integral calculation, differential calculus, vector calculus, linear algebra, real analysis, group theory and sequence and series and real number tec.
Syllabus of Physics:
Oscillation waves and optics, mechanics and general properties of matter, mathematical methods, kinetic theory, thermodynamics, modern physics, electricity and mechanism, solid-state physics, devices and electronics and modern physics etc.
How to Download the IIT JAM Admit Card?
Candidates can download the IIT JAM Admit card from the official website by clicking on the link provided. Candidates will need to login to download the admit card.
Click here to download the IIT JAM Admit Card 2020.
Important Information about IIT JAM 2020
The overview of IIT JAM exam is given below:
|Organizing Institute||IIT Kanpur|
|Examination Name||Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. 2020|
|Courses||M.Sc. (Two Year), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree, and other post-bachelor’s degree programs.|
|Institutions||IITs & IISC.|
Official website: http://jam.iitk.ac.in/.
Stay tuned with EntranceZone for more updates and information related to IIT JAM 2020.
For more information regarding JEE Main 2020.
iit jam 2020 official website, iit jam 2020 login, iit jam 2020 registration, iit jam 2020 syllabus pdf.