NATA 2020 Exam has been postponed due to COVID-19. NATA or National Aptitude Test in Architecture is conducted by Council of Architecture(COA). It is a National-level Aptitude Test for admission in 5 years Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) across India. The exam is conducted twice a year in April and July. Many private and government Institutes/universities consider the NATA score to provide admission. National Aptitude Test in Architecture that was about to be conducted on 19 April and 31 May 2020 has been postponed. The students who are willing to get in a reputed institute for an architecture course must apply for this examination by registering themselves. Candidates can read the whole article for complete information regarding the Exam.
Upcoming Application Form
- Amity University Admissions Open Now Apply Now
- Reva University Bengaluru Admissions Open Apply Now
- Manipal Uni. 2020 Admissions Now Open Apply Now
- UPES Admissions 2020 Now Open Apply Now
- NIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Amrita University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- KIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- LPU University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Chandigarh University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Council of Architecture has announced changes in the syllabus of National Aptitude Test in Architecture.
- NATA 2020 Exam has bee postponed due to COVID-19.
- NATA 2020 Application Form can be submitted until 04 May 2020 (Extended). Click here>> Application Form.
- NATA Exam Pattern 2020 has been changed. Click here>> Exam Pattern.
NATA 2020 Exam Dates
The interested candidates can find the official important dates for NATA below.
For the First Session:
|The release of Information Brochure||31 January 2020|
|Start Date of Online Application||01 February 2020|
|Last Date of Registration||15 April 2020 (Extended)|
|Image uploads & fee payment last date||19 April 2020|
|Confirmation page printing available last date||22 April 2020|
|Application Correct Window||20 – 22 April 2020|
|Releasing of Admit Card|
|Date of NATA Exam (First Session)||29 August 2020|
|Release of Answer Key||–|
For the Second Session:
|Application Form Available||01 February 2020|
|Application Form last date||04 May 2020|
|Image uploads and fee payment allowed till||08 May 2020|
|Confirmation page printing available till||11 May 2020|
|Application Form correction||09 – 11 May 2020|
|Admit card download||21 May 2020|
|Responses and Answer Key||–
Note: Download the NATA Information Brochure here.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about NATA 2020: Exam (Postponed), Application Form, Eligibility, New Syllabus
NATA 2020 Application Form
The details regarding the NATA application form are mentioned below:
- The application form release date was 01 February 2020.
- The application form is available through online mode only.
- Candidates can fill the form from the official website.
- Candidates can fill the application form till 04 May 2020 (Extended).
- The required details should be as per the guidelines in the documents.
- Candidates will get the correction facility to correct the mistakes in the application form.
How to fill the NATA 2020 Application Form?
Candidate can follow the below-mentioned steps to fill the NATA application form.
Ongoing Application Forms - 2020
- Visit the official website.
- Firstly, filling the Online Application Form.
- Then, upload the Scanned Images.
- Then, the payment of Application Fee.
- Finally, confirmation Page Downloading.
NATA Application Fee
The details regarding NATA 2020 Application form fee is given below:
|General and OBC candidates||Rs. 2000/- for one test|
|Rs. 3800/- both test.|
|Reserved candidates||Rs. 1700/-for one test.|
|3100/- for both exams.|
|overseas (outside of India) candidates||10,000/- for one test.|
|18,000/- for both exams.|
- Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay the fee through online mode via
- Debit card
- Credit card
- Net banking.
NATA 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The latest information regarding the Eligibility criteria for filling the form is mentioned below:
- Age criteria: There is no age limit to apply for the exam.
- Qualification: Candidate must have passed class 12 from a recognized board.
- Appearing candidates: Candidates appearing in the qualifying exam can also apply.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate must have a minimum of 50% marks aggregate in PCM and 50 % in each subject.
- Relaxation criteria: SC, ST, OBC-NCL category or PwD (Persons with disability) candidates will get 05% relaxation.
- Subjects: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are compulsory subjects.
- Art Stream Candidates: Candidates of art stream are also eligible for the NATA exam if they have qualified with the Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
- Diploma Candidates: Candidates having 10+3 Diploma with Mathematics as a compulsory subject can also apply for NATA exam.
Lateral Entry: There is NO lateral admission for B.Arch, 5 years degree course.
NATA 2020 Exam Pattern
The information related to the NATA 2020 Exam Pattern is mentioned below:
- Mode of Exam: Online Mode
- Time Duration: 03 hours and 15 minutes.
- Total Questions: 53 questions.
- Total Marks: 200 Marks.
- Marking scheme: for correct answer: +1.5 marks and for incorrect answer: there is no negative marking.
|Subject||Distribution of Marks||Total Marks|
|Drawing (3 Questions)||2 x 35
1 x 55
|PCM (15 Questions carrying 1.5 marks each)||15 x 1.5||22.5|
|General Aptitude& Logical Reasoning (35 Questions carrying 1.5 marks each)||35 x 1.5||52.5|
NATA 2020 Syllabus
The vital information regarding the NATA Syllabus is mentioned below:
- The examination will consist of two papers-:
- Mathematics and General Aptitude
- Drawing Test.
The detailed information on these subjects is given below:
- Logarithm, Algebra, Coordinates Geometry, Application of Calculus, Statics and Probability, Trigonometry, Dimensional Co-ordinate Geometry, Sets and Relations and Mathematical Reasoning etc.
- General Aptitude:
- General reasoning, texture related to architecture, Interpretation of pictorial composition, general awareness, and built environment etc.
- Drawing Test:
- Generating Plan, common objects like furniture etc., shapes, building forms and elements, Geometrical compression, drawing of patterns for both abstract and geometrical, form transformation in 2D and 3D etc.
Syllabus of NATA 2020
NATA 2020 Admit Card
Candidates can check the details of the NATA 2020 admit card through the following details:
- Candidates can download the admit card from May 2020.
- The Candidates can download the admit card through online mode.
- The candidate will not be allowed to enter the examination hall without the admit card.
- The Admit card contains the application number, test centre, test time, scanned photograph and signature and some more pertinent information.
- Further, the candidate should keep the print out of the admit card safe and secure.
- The student should also bring one ID proof along with their admit card.
NATA 2020 Result
The vital information regarding the NATA result is mentioned below:
- NATA 2020 Result release date for the first session is 14 June 2020.
- NATA result for the second session release date is 14 June 2020.
- The result will be released through online mode.
- The result of NATA releases after the commencement of the exam.
- Candidates have to log in using their credentials to check their result.
- Candidates should download the soft copy of the result and print it out.
NATA 2020 Counselling
Candidates may check the NATA 2020 counselling details form the points given below:
- There is no centralised counselling process that will be conducted by the authority.
- The Colleges/Universities will conduct their counselling separately.
- The admission authorities of college/institutions will conduct the counselling after the declaration of result.
- More than 400 institutes accept the NATA Score and will conduct their own counselling process.
Public Notice for Candidates who have opted Dubai as Exam Centre
The candidates who opted the Dubai exam centre need to submit the application fees of Rs. 10000/- for the first test and 18000/- for both tests. The admit card will be available from 04 April 2020.
NATA 2020 – NEW CHANGES
Candidates can check the new changes in NATA 2020 through the following details:
- No candidate shall be admitted to architecture course (B.Arch) unless the candidate has passed the 10+2 scheme of examination with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and also 50% marks in aggregate of the 10+2 level examination.
- Number of Exams in a year: The National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) will be conducted twice a year from 2019-20 Session, as said by President, Council of Architecture.
- Revision in Pattern: The pattern of the exam is also revised. Earlier Aptitude Test and Drawing Papers, both exams were given an equal duration of exam i.e. 90 Minutes each. Now, from coming exam session, Aptitude test paper would be given 60 minutes and drawing paper would be given 120 minutes.
- National Level Admission Counselling: The exam conducting body “Council of Architecture” has also proposed that there be a National Level counselling for admissions into architecture colleges.
- Qualification Criteria: As per the Council of Architecture, NATA 2020 Eligibility Criteria has been revised. Now Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics are the mandatory subjects in 10+2 board exams.
- JEE Main Paper-2: National Testing Agency is going to conduct (find detailed information here>) JEE Main 2020 Paper-2 in January & April 2020.
- The NATA registration form has also been modified. Furthermore, COA assigned TCS ION to conduct NATA for the 2020 session.
New NATA 2020 Registration Process
The NATA registration is modified by COA and now TCS ION is involved in managing the application forms.
- Candidates seeking admission into B.Arch course must apply for National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA).
- In conclusion, aspiring candidates should fill the online application form as per the instructions.
- An especially relevant schedule is given on this website.
How to get Admission in B.Arch.?
An important article is written by us regarding this here.
Council of Architecture (COA): A Brief Introduction
- The government of India constituted Council of Architecture under Architects Act, 1972 validated by Parliament of India.
- And the act came into existence from 1st September 1972.
- Whereas the main aim of this act is to provide for the Architects registration number, standards of education, recognized qualifications and standards of professional conduct and etiquette to be complied with by the architects.
Telephone Numbers of the Council of Architecture has been changed from 011-79412100 to 011-49412100 (30 Lines)
JEE Main 2020 Paper-2 for B.Arch Admission
- The Admission to Architecture course at NIT, IIT and Colleges under CBSE managed JEE Main is made through Joint Entrance Examination (Paper 2).
- JEE Main Paper-2 conducted every year as offline exam along with JEE Main Paper-1. Read detailed information JEE Main Paper-2 here.
Is there any offline mode to fill the NATA application form?
No. candidate can fill the application form through online mode only.
What are the courses offered through this exam?
Candidates can get admission in B.Arch course through this exam.
Should I have to send the hard copy of the filled application form?
No, candidates don't have to send any hard copy to the hard copy.
I have passed my class 12 with PCB subjects. can i apply for the NATA exam?
No, you cannot apply for the NATA exam.
What is the upper age limit to apply?
There is no age limit to apply for the NATA exam.
Will the application fee be refunded for any valid reason?
No, the application fee will not be refunded in any circumstances.
Finally, “Stay informed about EntranceZone Latest updates and feature articles regarding NATA 2020“
nata 2020 registration date, nata 2020 dates, nata 2020 application, nata 2020 registration fees, nata 2020 registration last date, how to prepare for nata 2020, www.nata.nic.in 2020.