NATA 2020 or National Aptitude Test in Architecture 2020 is the only National-level Aptitude Test conducted by Council of Architecture for admission to affiliated colleges of COA. Candidates qualifying this exam can obtain admission in B.Arch in numerous reputed colleges all over India. Further, COA will release the notification for NATA 2020 in January 2020. The examination will be conducted twice in a year. NATA scorecard will be valid throughout the country. So the students who are willing to get in a reputed institute for an architecture course must apply for this examination by registering themselves. National Aptitude Test in Architecture will be conducted by Council of Architecture for admission into COA on 29 April 2020 (tentatively). NATA- National Aptitude Test in Architecture is the mandatory aptitude test for admission to B.Arch & its subsidiary courses. Therefore, all the candidates who want to pursue B. Arch from any Indian Institute have to sit for this exam.
NATA 2020 Exam Dates
The interested candidates can find the updated important dates for NATA below.
For the First Session:
|The release of Information Brochure||21 January 2020|
|Start Date of Online Application||24 January 2020|
|Last Date of Registration||11 March 2020|
|Image uploads & fee payment last date||15 March 2020|
|Confirmation page printing available last date||18 March 2020|
|Application Correct Window||12 – 15 March 2020|
|Releasing of Admit Card||01 April 2020|
|Date of NATA Exam (First Session)||14 April 2020|
|Release of Answer Key||15 April 2020|
|Result Declaration||03 May 2020|
For Second Session:
|Application Form Available||24 January 2020|
|Application Form last date||12 June 2020|
|Image uploads and fee payment allowed till||15 June 2020|
|Confirmation page printing available till||17 June 2020|
|Application Form correction||15 – 17 June 2020|
|Admit card download||27 June 2020|
|Examination date||07 July 2020|
|Result date||21 July 2020|
|Responses and Answer Key||22 July 2020
NATA 2020 – NEW CHANGES
- No candidate shall be admitted to architecture course (B.Arch) unless the candidate has passed the 10+2 scheme of examination with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and also 50% marks in aggregate of the 10+2 level examination.
- Number of Exams in a year: The National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) will be conducted twice a year from 2020-20 Session, as said by President, Council of Architecture.
- Revision in Pattern: The pattern of the exam is also revised. Earlier Aptitude Test and Drawing Papers, both exams were given an equal duration of exam i.e. 90 Minutes each. Now, from coming exam session, Aptitude test paper would be given 60 minutes and drawing paper would be given 120 minutes.
- National Level Admission Counselling: The exam conducting body “Council of Architecture” has also proposed that there be a National Level counselling for admissions into architecture colleges.
- Qualification Criteria: As per the Council of Architecture, NATA 2020 Eligibility Criteria has been revised. Now Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics are the mandatory subjects in 10+2 board exams.
- JEE Main Paper-2: National Testing Agency is going to conduct (find detailed information here>) JEE Main 2020 Paper-2 in January & April 2020.
- The NATA registration form has also been modified. Furthermore, COA assigned TCS ION to conduct NATA for the 2020 session.
How to fill the NATA 2020 Application Form?
Firstly, the online NATA Application Form 2020 is available for the students from 24 January 2020. And the form can be filled in four simple steps:
- Firstly, filling the Online Application Form.
- Then, upload the Scanned Images.
- Then, the payment of Application Fee.
- Finally, confirmation Page Downloading.
New NATA 2020 Registration Process
The NATA 2020 registration is modified by COA and now TCS ION will be involved in managing the application forms.
- Candidates seeking admission into B.Arch course must apply for National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA).
- In conclusion, aspiring candidates should fill the online application form as per the instructions.
- An especially relevant schedule is given on this website.
Following are the point for paying the registration or application fees.
- Firstly, the NATA test registration fee is Rs. 1800/- for General candidates.
- And, Rs. 1500/- for Reserved candidates.
- Therefore, the fee can be paid through online (debit/credit card, net banking). And, the link is available in this article too.
- Also, the student can pay the fee via Offline mode (Challan at ICICI Bank).
Allocation of NATA Examination Centre
The allocation of National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) examination centre spread across India and covering all capitals of states. And other selected cities subject to choice filling by a minimum number of students is 250 students in general. Center of a city will be based on the choices given by the applicants during online application form filling.
How correction can be made in NATA form?
If in any case corrections are needed in NATA Form, the form correction window will open for a period during which the applicants would be allowed to change some data.
Is lateral admission is allowed in B.arch. Course?
No lateral admission is allowed at any stage of B.Arch. course during 5 years based on any qualification.
Revised Eligibility Criteria for NATA 2020
- Firstly, candidates should have completed Senior Secondary Board (class 12th) or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics are the mandatory subjects in 10+2 level. (As per the COA, revised eligibility terms)
- Candidates with 10+3 years diploma program in mathematics as one of the subjects can also appear for the NATA exam.
- Also, Candidates studying in the International Baccalaureate Diploma program after 10 years of Schooling in Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
- Further, please find detailed information on the NATA website.
Age Limit: Students appearing for NATA 2020 exam must complete 17 years of age as on 31 July 2020.
Lateral Entry: There is NO lateral admission for B.Arch, 5 years degree course.
Eligibility Criteria for Diploma Holders
How to Download the NATA 2020 Syllabus PDF Online?
The examination will consist of two papers- Mathematics and General Aptitude and Drawing Test. Furthermore, NATA 2020 syllabus PDF is prescribed by the Council of Architecture.
- Mathematics Syllabus: Logarithms Algebra Complex Numbers Binomial Theorem (Positive Integral Index) Quadratic equations.
- General Aptitude Syllabus: Visualising different sides of 3D objects Objects, texture related to architecture and the built environment.
- Drawing Test Syllabus: Conceptualisation and visualisation Drawing of patterns – both geometrical and abstract.
Download Syllabus PDF with subject wise weightage Here.
NATA 2020 Exam Pattern
The paper pattern is given in the table below:
|SUBJECT||NO. OF QUESTIONS||MARKS DISTRIBUTION||MODE OF EXAMINATION|
|Mathematics||20||20*2=40||MCQs (OMR based)|
|General Aptitude||40||40*2=80||MCQs (OMR based)|
|Drawing Test||2||40*2=80||Paper and Pencil|
NATA 2020 Admit Card
- The aspirant should download the admit card before the exam. Also, as without the admit card one cannot get the permission to take this exam.
- Then, the candidate should download the soft copy of the admit card and take the print out of it. Also, it contains the application number, test centre, test time, scanned photograph and signature and some more pertinent information.
- Further, the candidate should keep the print out of the admit card safe and secure. Also, one should not damage or defile it, in any condition. And it also should contain starkly clear scanned image and signature as well.
- The student should also bring one ID proof along with their admit card that can be Aadhar card/voter ID card/Pan card/Passport/Driving license etc.
- One ID proof is also very important to carry with admit card.
Public Notice for Candidates who have opted Dubai as Exam Centre
The candidates who opted the Dubai exam centre need to submit the application fees of Rs. 7000/- in Council of Architecture Bank account. The issue of admit card will take place from April 2020.
NATA 2020 Result
- NATA Result has been released on 19 July 2020.
- The result of NATA has been announced after some weeks from the date of the exam.
- Candidates have to log in to check their result.
- They should download the soft copy and print it out.
- This NATA scorecard will be essential for admission in any college across the nation.
- The scorecard will be valid only for two years.
National Level Counselling
- As per the recent announcement by President of Council of Architecture, COA proposed a National Level counselling for admissions into architecture colleges.
- As of now, students apply to colleges individually.
- So, the council has floated a proposal for holding a centralised counselling to make admission procedure smooth.
How to get Admission in B.Arch.?
An important article is published by us regarding this here.
Council of Architecture (COA): A Brief Introduction
- The government of India constituted Council of Architecture under Architects Act, 1972 validated by Parliament of India.
- And the act came into existence from 1st September 1972.
- Whereas the main aim of this act is to provide for the Architects registration number, standards of education, recognised qualifications and standards of professional conduct and etiquette to be complied with by the architects.
Telephone Numbers of the Council of Architecture has been changed from 011-79412100 to 011-49412100 (30 Lines)
JEE Main 2020 Paper-2 for B.Arch Admission
- The Admission to Architecture course at NIT, IIT and Colleges under CBSE managed JEE Main is made through Joint Entrance Examination (Paper 2).
- JEE Main Paper-2 conducted every year as offline exam along with JEE Main Paper-1. Read detailed information JEE Main Paper-2 here.
Finally, “Stay informed about EntranceZone Latest updates and feature articles regarding NATA 2020“
nata 2020 registration date, nata 2020 brochure, nata 2020 application form date, www.nata.nic.in 2020.