IIT JAM 2019: Indian Institute of Technology Joint Admission Test (JAM 2019) for M. Sc. is a national level examination. And, all the IITs (Indian Institutes of Technology) and IISc (Indian Institute of Science) organize this test on a rotation basis. And, the students apply for this examination to get admission in M. Sc. (Four Semesters), Joint M. Sc. – Ph. D., M. Sc. – M. Tech., M. Sc. – Ph. D. Dual Degree, and other offered courses. Furthermore, admit card for IIT JAM 2019 will be released on 04 January and exam will be held on 10 February 2019. Also, the students get admission in top colleges and universities of India such as IITs and IISc for these courses on the basis of their performance in IIT JAM 2019.
Interested Candidates can apply for JAM 2019 through JAM Online Application Processing System (JOAPS) only. The facility for Online Registration and Application will be available from 01 September 2018.
Latest Update: IIT JAM 2019 Registration last date has been extended till 12 October 2018. Click here to fill the application form.
Important Information about IIT JAM 2019
Organizing Institute: IIT Kharagpur
Examination Name: Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. 2019
Courses: M.Sc. (Two Year), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree, and other post-bachelor’s degree programs.
Institutions: IITs & IISC.
Official website: http://jam.iitkgp.ac.in.
IIT JAM 2019 Important Dates & Schedule of Exam
The schedule is released by IIT JAM authority. The date of examination is changed to 11 February from 10 February 2019.
|Availability of Online Application||01 September 2018|
|Last date to submit application||12 October 2018(Extended)|
|Admit Card Release||04 January 2019|
|Mock Test Available||10 January 2019|
|IIT JAM Exam Date||10 February 2019|
|Candidates Response||19 February 2019|
|Answer Key Release||25 February 2019|
|Result Declaration||20 March 2019|
|Rank & Merit List||05 April 2019|
|Score Card Release||05 April to 31 July 2019|
|Admission Form Availability||11 – 24 April 2019|
|Last Date for receipt of a request for change of category||Till 07 May 2019|
|Declaration of First Admission List||03 June 2019|
IIT JAM Test Schedule
IIT Bombay released the following details of Test Schedule.
|Exam Date||Session||Time||Test Papers and Codes|
|February 11, 2019 (Sunday)||1||9:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon||Biotechnology (BT), Chemistry (CY), Geology (GG) and Mathematical Statistics (MS)|
|2||2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m||Biological Sciences (BL), Mathematics (MA) and Physics (PH)|
IIT JAM 2019 Application Procedure
- Firstly, the students need to visit the official website and submit the Online Application Form. The online application forms have been released.
- Here, the aspirants have to register themselves by entering their Full Name, E-Mail ID, Contact Number, and Password.
- Then, after successfully registering, the applicants will receive a system generated an email containing their Enrollment ID.
- Next, the candidates have to log in through the Enrollment ID and Password and fill the asked details in the Online Application Form.
- Further, the students should upload their recent photograph and signature, and category certificate (if applicable).
- Then, the application fee should be paid through online mode only.
- Moreover, before finally submitting the application form, check all the filled entries.
- Finally, the applicants should take a printout of the Online Application Form and keep it safe for future reference.
|Click here for IIT jam brochure|
IIT JAM 2019 Application Fee
The Application Fee for IIT JAM 2019 can be paid through online mode only (Net Banking / Credit Card / Debit Card).
|One Paper||Two Paper|
|Unreserved / Other Backward Classes||Rs. 1,500||Rs. 2,100|
|Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Persons With Disability / Women (All Categories)||Rs. 750||Rs. 1,050|
JAM 2019 Mock Examination Link
The IIT Bombay, the organising institute of JAM 2019 released the Mock test and link for Mock examination is available now on the official website as well as can be accessed from here.
IIT JAM 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Firstly, all the candidates irrespective of their nationality are eligible to apply for IIT JAM 2019.
- Then, candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree in any stream from any recognized college or university.
- Next, the applicants must have secured at least 55% marks (for candidates belonging to Unreserved, and Other Backward Classes – Non-Creamy Layer) or 50% (for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and Persons With Disability).
- Finally, the students appearing in the final year of the qualifying examination can also apply for IIT JAM 2019.
Minimum Educational Qualifications for Admission
The detailed Minimum Educational Qualifications for Admission along with Test papers and programs are given here in the link.
JAM 2019 Admit Card:
- Admit Card containing all details of the candidate i.e Candidate’s Name, Registration Number, Photograph, Signature, and Name(s) and Code(s) of the Test Paper(s) applied. Also, the Name and Address of the Test Centre allotted.
- The Candidates are advised to check the details of Admit Card according to entries made by him in the application form. In case of any discrepancy, the applicant must inform the organizing committee of JAM 2019, IIT Bombay immediately.
- The Applicants must carry ADMIT CARD along with valid government ID proof (given at the time of filling the application form) to the examination centre. No Candidate will be allowed for the TEST without admit card & ID Proof.
- The Admit Card may be withdrawn by organizing institute if in any case the candidate’s is not fulfilling the eligibility criteria lead by IIT Bombay at the time of application form.
Note: The candidates are advised to preserve the JAM 2019 Admit Card carefully. As it may be asked at the time of admission by the Institute.
The IIT JAM 2019 application forms have been released. Apply now.
JAM 2019 Highlights
RANK AND MERIT LIST
Rank List: All India Rank will be published by organizing Institute to each candidate appeared in the TEST.
Tie Breaking Rule: The candidate will be given higher rank whose ratio of positive marks to negative marks will be higher. And, If this criterion fails, then the same rank will be awarded.
Merit List: The merit list will be prepared on the basis of All India Rank (AIR). And the merit list depends on the seats available in each category (OBC-NCL, SC, ST, and PwD) in a given subject.
CCMN 2019 (Counseling Body for Admission to NITs & CFTIs)
The CCMN 2019 (Counseling Body for Admission to NITs & CFTIs) will admit students through qualified JAM 2019 scores. Also, IISER Pune and Bhopal will admit students through qualified JAM 2019 scores.
Stay tuned with EntranceZone for more updates and information related to IIT JAM 2019.