JEE Advanced is proposed to be scrapped: As per reports and news published in ET, Some Eminent Faculties from IITs proposed for “Revamping Engineering Education and Returning Childhood to Students“
Upcoming Application Form
- Amity University Admissions Open Now Apply Now
- Reva University Bengaluru Admissions Open Apply Now
- Manipal Uni. 2020 Admissions Now Open Apply Now
- UPES Admissions 2020 Now Open Apply Now
- NIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Amrita University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- KIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- LPU University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Chandigarh University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
The IIT council is going to discuss the new idea for revamping IIT Education on 21st August 2018. The proposal also includes disassembling of the JEE Advanced exam, This “Revamping Engineering Education and Returning Childhood to Students” is also aiming at checking the multi-million business of IIT coaching industry and to take IIT-level teaching to more students. Furthermore by converting IITs into high-end institutes that offer post-graduate education and only certain semesters of teaching to nearly 80,000 students a year instead of the current 10,000 plus.
As per sources in the HRD ministry confirmed that the above idea of scrapping JEE Advanced would be up for discussion at the IIT Council meeting but did not comment on the feasibility of its implementation.
The proposal also suggests that the JEE Main results should categorize all candidates into 10 groups based on marks scale with all students in one scale (say 80%-90%) treated as equal. While the JEE Advanced is proposed to be scrapped, the IITs and other top institutions may admit students from the top merit list without any further tests or interviews.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about JEE Advanced is proposed to be scrapped
Source: Read more at Economics Times