Frequently Asked Questions: Candidates having queries about JEE Mains 2020 Entrance Exam can look into JEE Main 2020 Frequently Asked Questions. Also, that will be helpful to the aspirants in clearing their doubts regarding the exam. The National Testing Agency published a document called FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ’S) ON JEE (Main) – 2020. The newly updated document regarding FAQs is linked at the end of the article.
Upcoming Application Form
- SRM University Admissions Open Now Apply Now
- Manipal Uni. 2020 Admissions Now Open Apply Now
- UPES Admissions 2020 Now Open Apply Now
- NIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Amrita University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- KIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- LPU University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Chandigarh University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
Latest Update: JEE Main 2020 January Application Form has been released by NTA. Click here> Application Form.
National Testing Agency JEE Main FAQs
Read detailed information about Joint Entrance Examination (Main) Here.
JEE Main 2020 Frequently Asked Questions FAQ’s
Ques 1: What are the possible modes of examination for JEE Main 2020?
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about JEE Main 2020 Frequently Asked Questions FAQ's
Ans: This will be a Computer Based Test and will be conducted through Online mode only.
JEE Main 2020 Application Form Frequently Asked Questions
Ques 2: What are the criteria to be filled in the academic details if the candidate appears for an improvement examination of class 12th?
Ans: Suppose a candidate passed the class 12th examination in 2017 and is appearing for improvement in 2020, candidates will have to do the following points –
- Candidate will have to choose the year of passing class 12th as 2017 and will have to enter the roll number and name of the board in the first step of the application form.
- In the second step, the candidate will have to select ‘yes’ for the column – appearing for improvement examination.
- Candidates can also choose the year of appearing in class 12th as 2020 and fill the remaining form as Mentioned.
- Once the results of the improvement examination are declared, an option will be provided on the website to enter the correct roll number in which a candidate’s result is better. (2017 or 2020)
Ques 3: Which thumb should be used for thumb impression in the JEE Main 2020 Application Form? What can he do if he has no thumb?
Ans: Candidate will have to enter the left-hand thumb impression on the JEE Main 2020 Application Form. In case the candidate doesn’t have the left thumb. He can put his right thumb. In case, both the thumbs are not there, then only an applicant can put any finger impression.
Ques 4: Is it necessary to have the name of the candidate and date on the uploaded photograph?
Ans: Yes, as per the rules, Candidates should upload a photograph with the name of the Candidate and date of photograph issue mentioned. In case they submit a photograph without these details, the form will not cancel directly, but the student may face some inconvenience later.
JEE Main frequently asked questions
Ques 5: How should an NRI Candidate fill in the contact details?
Ans: NRI Candidates are suggested to fill in the details of their India Relative.
Ques 6: Can the student change the examination once he submits the form?
Ans: Yes, but the student can only change the pen and paper mode examination to Online based and not the other way round.
Ques 7: During payment of Registration Fees, What should a Candidate do if the transaction fails?
Ans: In case, the candidate is not able to get the acknowledgement from the payment gateway in real time, the transaction has probably failed. In such a case,
- Candidate will have to pay the fees again through the e-Challan of online payment. Money from the failed transaction will come back to the account.
- A candidate who paid through e-Challan and their fee details are not up to date, can contact the bank manager. They will have to send the copy of the e-Challan statement.
Frequently Asked questions about JEE Main Exam
Online Based Examination (JEE Main 2020 Frequently Asked Questions)
Ques 8: What happens if the candidate doesn’t book the time slot for Online Based Examination?
Ans: Random date/time slots should be allotted to the Candidates who forget to enter the date/time slot for Online Examination. Details regarding the same will be available on the Candidate’s Admit card.
Ques 9: Can an applicant have the right to change the mode of taking the exam (online or offline)
Ans: Yes, but the candidate can change the mode only from pen and paper-based (offline) to computer-based mode (online). But the reverse is not possible.
Ques 10: Whether Aadhar number is necessary to apply for JEE Main?
Ans: Regarding this candidates need to check the Public Notice about Requirements of Aadhaar (clarification) that can be seen on the website http://jeemain.nic.in
Note: In the case of online examination, Candidate will have to choose the same test centre for both the papers (Paper 1 and Paper 2).
Ques 11: Whether the photograph without name and date of the photograph is accepted?
Ans: Though instructions (Shape, Size and Colour) are given in clause-5.3 of information bulletin as to how to upload the photograph. However, if any candidate has uploaded the photograph without date and time inadvertently, the same will also be accepted.
Read JEE Main 2020 Information Brochure for more Frequently Asked Questions:
The National Testing Agency, a newly formed central government examination agency is now conducting JEE Main and several other exams. Download and read these following important document to understand new changes and updates in the format & pattern of the exam.
- Changes in JEE Main & Advanced 2020 Here.
- About Central Counselling CSAB 2020 Here.
- Download Frequently Asked Questions on JEE Main 2020 PDF Here.
Finally, candidates can see more details regarding JEE Main 2020 Frequently Asked Questions FAQ on EntranceZone.