Shiv Nadar University Greater Noida known as SNU was established by Shiv Nadar Foundation in 2011. And this private university is located in India’s National Capital Region with a 286-acre campus. Shiv Nadar University is one of the top multi-disciplinary and research-focused private university offering the full range of academic programs at undergraduate (UG), postgraduate (PG) and doctoral level. Shiv Nadar University’s such multi-disciplinary curriculum provides the students with a very strong foundation in subjects like humanities & social sciences, natural science, technology & engineering studies, communications & management, and enables them to gain mastery of the subjects of their choice. These subjects being taught by a world-class faculty, SNU’s undergraduate education is particularly designed to develop the students with the wide breadth of vision, skills, knowledge and right attitudes required by them to succeed in their careers.
Upcoming Application Form
- SRM University Admissions Open Now Apply Now
- Manipal Uni. 2020 Admissions Now Open Apply Now
- UPES Admissions 2020 Now Open Apply Now
- NIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Amrita University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- KIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- LPU University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Chandigarh University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
Deadline to apply for this college: 28 May 2019
Application/Admission procedure: Shiv Nadar University
Mode of Admission at Shiv Nadar University Greater Noida:
|Exam Name||Type||Level of Exam|
|JEE Main 2019||UG Undergraduate||National Level Exam for Admission|
|GATE 2018||PG Postgraduate||National Level Exam for Admission|
Details of the application process, eligibility criteria, counselling and selection Procedure for Admissions at SNU 2019 and all other related information for the Academic year 2019 will be shortly available on their official website of SNU in January 2019.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about Shiv Nadar University Greater Noida, Shiv Nadar Foundation, Engineering
Candidates must firstly register themselves for admission by entering their full name, valid email id, contact number and other contact details, the official date of birth and the program of choice. After that, they must follow the next application verification link, then fill up the application form, upload the photograph of the candidate and his/her signature. All Candidates must make sure to upload their recent photographs which should not be any older than 6 months and the size should not be more than 500 KB in.JPEG format.
Below is Instruction for Downloading the Shiv Nadar University Application Form:
- Visit the official site for Shiv Nadar University (SNU) Application Form section.
- Find the link for the application form from the SNU website.
- Download the Application Form and take a print out of it.
- Fill up the form carefully with the details and attach the required documents mentioned in the form.
- Scan the form or submit it in the mentioned exam centre or email it online.
Application fee payment:
The candidates need to send a Demand Draft(DD) of Rs 1900 to the following address:-
Mission and vision: Shiv Nadar University Greater Noida
To make the university a multidisciplinary, comprehensive, research-focused and completely student-centric university aiming at one of the leading international institutes of higher learning by:-
- Educating and developing the students who are the path-shapers of tomorrow and can shoulder all the challenges of globally responsible and the ethical leadership in the 21st Century.
- Supporting researchers, scholarly & creative endeavours that shall contribute to the new creation of knowledge at frontiers of different specialized areas, as well as the interface of various diverse disciplines.
- Evolving teaching and research programs that can tackle the various kinds of pressing problems in the State of Uttar Pradesh (UP), India.
To empower the individuals and different communities to realize and subsequently exercise the universal freedom through acquisition as well as an application of their knowledge by:
- Dedicating to the proper development, organization and preservation, further dissemination and finally application of this knowledge in a broad and wide range of fields of study
- Committing to perfectionism and excellence in teaching, research & innovation, scholarships, and services aiming to expand the scope of better human understanding as well as contributing to the betterment of this world.
- Pledging and aiming to serve higher education requirements and needs of the State of Uttar Pradesh/UP, India.
Awards and achievements:
- At Shiv Nadar University (SNU), Prof. Habib took part in designing the undergraduate UG and graduate PG curriculum from scratch as well as setting up the Department of Mathematics that has truly believed in a “unity in diversity”. Prof Habib has been the Head of Department (HOD) since 2013 and later began a further 2-year term as the Dean of Undergraduate Studies in Sept 2015. He has been rewarded the SNU Faculty Excellence Award for his excellence in teaching at SNU during the academic years 2011-14.
- Tulika Chandra has been remaining actively involved in the field of academics & research for the past 19 years. She has degrees of M.A & M Phil and PhD in Linguistics from JNU.
- Ms Chandra joined SNU as the founding faculty in the year of 2011 and since then she has been actively engaged and involved in various committees and also has been the undergraduate UG advisor for the Department of English.
- She received the SNU Faculty Excellence Award for her outstanding commitment as well as the dedication towards betterment and advancement of Shiv Nadar University during the academic year of 2011-14.
Shiv Nadar University Course overview
Undergraduate: (School of Engineering /SoE)
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
School of Humanities & Social Sciences/SoHSS:
B.A. (Research) in
B.Sc. (Research) in Economics
School of Natural Sciences/SoNS:
B.Sc. (Research) in
School of Management & Entrepreneurship /SoME:
Bachelor of Management Studies BMS
School of Engineering-
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Sc. in Economics
- A. in English
- MFA (Masters in Fine Arts)
- MFA (Film & Television)
Doctoral: Ph.D. Programs in Economics, English, Sociology
School of Natural Sciences
PG Diploma in Data and Business Analytics
- M.Sc. in Mathematics
- M.Sc. in Data Analytics
- Life Sciences
Undergraduate Admission at Shiv Nadar University Greater Noida
Shiv Nadar University Greater Noida undergraduate Admission for the academic year commencing from 2017 will be done solely on the basis of the marks secured by the candidate in heir Class 12/JEE Main examination 2017 or their SNU Scholastic Aptitude Test (ie SNUSAT) and the Academic Proficiency Test (ie APT).
|Course||School||Basis of Admission of candidates||Total seats|
|B.Tech||School of Engineering||JEE Main||360|
|BA (Research)||School of Humanities and Social Science||Class 12 Marks||75|
|BSc (Research)||School of Natural Sciences||Class 12 Marks||75|
|BMS||School of Management & Entrepreneurship||Class 12 Marks||60|
Shiv Nadar University
Block E, (Lower Ground Floor),
NH 91, Tehsil Dadri,
Gautam Budh Nagar
Uttar Pradesh – 201314
Slot Booking: Admission at Shiv Nadar University Greater Noida
The students applying for admission at SNU needs to book their slot and then schedule for SNUSAT and APT. Candidates must note that the availability of SNUSAT and APT examination slots at each of the center venues will be subject to their seat availability. Therefore it is highly advisable that the students must schedule their SNUSAT and APT exam at the earliest possible date to get the slot of their own choice.
Shiv Nadar University Greater Noida / SNU offers various generous scholarships covering a part or full expenses of its students enrolled in different Undergraduate programs. This University mainly gives three (3) scholarships to its students covering the amount tuition fee which are as follows:
Scholarship A- Rs. 8,46,000
Scholarship B – Rs. 6,58,000
Scholarship C – Rs. 4,70,000
Students are automatically allotted to a particular Scholarship band (A, B,C,D,E,F, G, H which are solely based on their program preference) when they take admission to SNU. This scholarship is totally based on their Class XII board exam marks.
Students must take note of the fact that only the XII marks are taken into account for this while checking the eligibility for a scholarship band. SNUSAT+APT scores do not alter anything in this matter of scholarships.
It should also be noted that once a student takes admission into Shiv Nadar University SNU, the scholarship band under which he/she is assigned at the time of his/her admission will remain final and fixed till the time he/she will graduate. This implies that if a student with scholarships performs better or worse during the course of study, their scholarship band will remain unchanged and won’t be subject to any up gradation or degradation.
The students are advised to regularly visit the official website of Shiv Nadar University to get details on their scholarships.
Research at a glance: Shiv Nadar University
Centre for Public Affairs and Critical Theory shortly known as C- PACT has been originally established under the aegis of The School of Humanities and Social Sciences/SoHSS of Shiv Nadar University to pursue the interdisciplinary researches on different social policies of our society. It is very important to examine carefully this social reality from several diverse perspectives so that outcomes of such varied exercises are easily accessible across the academic specialties of SNU and to the other members of the general public too.
C-PACT’s research works on these social policies will eventually meet the highest academic standards so that they can contribute to some scholarships as well as to the actual policy formulations on these grounds. By converting these research works into solutions, C-PACT is aiming to address the various pressing problems in the society of the day without actually being partisan or somewhat biased towards any other political or even academic persuasions. In the final and ultimate analysis, students, scholars, and fellows of PACT hope to gradually advance citizenship in practice through a variety of research activities.
Seminars, conferences, projects and patents:
Shiv Nadar University(SNU) in collaboration with the Babson College, USA created India’s first(1st) entrepreneurship focused center and other business programs.
Shiv Nadar University(SNU) launched the Global Dual Degree Program(GDDP) in Engineering, in a partnership with the Carnegie Mellon University.
Ramanujan Mathematical Society 27th Annual Conference was hosted by the Shiv Nadar University from October 20 to 23, 2012 in Delhi, India.
First (1st) National Conference on Mapping the “Materials Genome” was a conference hosted by the Center for Informatics and School of Natural Sciences/SoNS at Shiv Nadar University(SNU).
Publications: Shiv Nadar University Greater Noida
Every year, Shiv Nadar University publishes different magazines and journals hence prospering the minds of the students with the knowledge and latest news regarding various topics. The different monthly and yearly publications by SNU are as follows:
- Whistling Teal
- Bodaki Crossing
- Breeze Special Editions
- SNF Annual Report 2015
Shiv Nadar University Greater Noida
NH91 Tehsil Dadri, Gautam Buddha Nagar,
Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh- 201314.
Official Website: http://www.snu.edu.in/