Firstly, JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2018 is set by JEE Exam authority. Also, students who will appear in the qualifying exam (12th Board) in 2018 are eligible to take the JEE Mains 2018. Further, who have passed the XIIth standard or equivalent exam in 2016, 2017 can apply. Moreover, there are significant changes in JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2018 mentioned in the section below. Candidate should ensure the eligibility criteria led down by JEE Main, JEE Advanced and participating institutes. Finally, The JEE Apex Board takes the final decision in case of eligibility criteria.
Latest Update:Furthermore, the newest update is 75% marks is not required for filling the application form, please read the points below that will clear your confusion regarding percentage.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2018
First of All, Applicants must check their JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2018 before filling the JEE Main 2018 Application form.
And, Eligibility For Appearing in JEE Mains Exam 2018 described below:
Date of Birth for JEE Main Exam:
- Firstly, candidates, D.O.B must be on or after 01 October 1993 are eligible to fill the Application.
- Moreover, for Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PWD) candidates, the upper age limit relaxation is 5 years, i.e. SC, ST, and PWD candidates who born on or after 01 October 1988 are eligible to fill the form.
- Most importantly, Date of birth in the Secondary Education Board / University Certificate will be final.
- Further, students of the 12th or equivalent exam in 2016 or 2017 can apply.
- Also, Students appearing in 12th Board or equivalent exam in 2018 are eligible.
- 2015 or before pass outs and students who will appear in 12 board in 2019 or later are not eligible to apply.
- Similarly, the candidates who appeared in 10 + 2 or equivalent in 2015, did not pass in 2015 but passed in 2016 are also not eligible to appear in JEE Main 2018 Examination.
Eligibility for Appearing in JEE Main 2018
Eligibility for Admission to NITs, IIITs and CFTIs participating through SEAT ALLOCATION BOARD
Eligibility for Admission to Other Institutions
These policies may be adopted by other technical institutions that are participating in JoSAA/CSAB counselling. The state opting JEE Main Score and preparing a rank list on the basis of criteria led by own may follow different rules.
Subjects in 12th Board (Qualifying Examination)
- Then, candidates must have 5 subjects in class 12th Board or equivalent qualifying examination.
- Also, the candidates who have appeared or appearing in 4 subjects are not permitted to apply.
- Moreover, if such applicants appear in JEE 2018 by giving wrong information, then their result will not declare.
- Also, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics should be the main subject in 12th standard.
What is the Number of Attempts in JEE – Joint Entrance Examination Main?
- Moreover, only 3 attempts allowed.
- Further, Diploma (3 years) holders can apply for JEE Main but cannot apply for admission to NITs and other CFTIs. But, Diploma holders will not get the JEE Main Scorecard.
Also, candidates must verify their eligibility according to JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2018 as well as admissions to various institutions. Moreover, just satisfying eligibility criteria to appear in JEE Main 2018 and getting AIR in JEE Main 2018 does not ensure eligibility of candidates for admission.
But, the number of Attempts and Age limit of the states like Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Nagaland, and Odisha are different as these states have joined JEE Main system from 2014. check details at http://jeemain.nic.in/
Furthermore, the drop out candidates should check jee main eligibility criteria for droppers.
Number of Attempts and Age Limit for Madhya Pradesh and Odisha
Moreover, Madhya Pradesh, Nagaland, and Odisha have joined JEE Main System from the year 2014. Further, the age limit for admissions of aspirants to institutions of these states will be same as it was before when they offered admissions on the basis of their state-level examinations. Also, the maximum number of attempts will also remain same as it was before. But, this will not be applicable to IITs / NITs / IIITs / CFTIs.
What is the minimum Percentage Marks Required to Appear in JEE Main Exam 2018?
Further, applicants must pass class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. But, applicants must secure 75% in XIIth or be in top 20 percentile, (65% for SC/ST categories).
So, from 2017 onwards No weightage for board marks in the evaluation of JEE Main Rank.
Boards / Universities Conducting 10 + 2 or Equivalent Examination Under JEE Main 2018 Eligibility Criteria.
|S. No.||Board / University|
|1.||ANDHRA PRADESH BOARD OF INTERMEDIATE EDUCATION|
|2.||ASSAM HIGHER SECONDARY EDUCATION COUNCIL|
|3.||BIHAR INTERMEDIATE EDUCATION COUNCIL (BIHAR SCHOOL EXAMINATION BOARD)|
|4.||CENTRAL BOARD OF SECONDARY EDUCATION|
|5.||CHATTISGARH MADHYAMIK SHIKSHA MANDAL (CHATTISGARH BOARD OF SECONDARY EDUCATION)|
|6.||COUNCIL FOR THE INDIAN SCHOOL CERTIFICATE EXAMINATIONS|
|7.||GOA BOARD OF SECONDARY AND HIGHER SECONDARY EDUCATION|
|8.||GUJARAT SECONDARY EDUCATION BOARD|
|9.||HARYANA BOARD OF EDUCATION|
|10.||H P BOARD OF SCHOOL EDUCATION|
|11.||J AND K STATE BOARD OF SCHOOL EDUCATION|
|12.||JHARKHAND ACADEMIC COUNCIL|
|13.||KARNATAKA BOARD OF PRE UNIVERSITY EDUCATION|
|14.||KERALA BOARD OF PUBLIC EXAMINATIONS|
|15.||MADHYA PRADESH BOARD OF SECONDARY EDUCATION|
|16.||MAHARASTRA STATE BOARD OF SECONDARY AND HIGHER SECONDARY EDUCATION|
|17.||MANIPUR COUNCIL OF HIGHER SECONDARY EDUCATION|
|18.||MEGHALAYA BOARD OF SECONDARY EDUCATION|
|19.||MIZORAM BOARD OF SCHOOL EDUCATION|
|20.||NAGALAND BOARD OF SCHOOL EDUCATION|
|21.||ODISHA COUNCIL OF HIGHER SECONDARY EDUCATION|
|22.||PUNJAB SCHOOL EDUCATION BOARD|
|23.||RAJASTHAN BOARD OF SECONDARY EDUCATION|
|24.||TAMIL NADU BOARD OF HIGHER SECONDARY EDUCATION|
|25.||TRIPURA BOARD OF SECONDARY EDUCATION|
|26.||UP BOARD OF HIGH SCHOOL AND INTERMEDIATE EDUCATION|
|27.||UTTARANCHAL SHIKSHA EVAM PARIKSHA PARISHAD|
|28.||WEST BENGAL COUNCIL OF HIGHER SECONDARY EDUCATION|
|29.||NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF OPEN SCHOOLING|
|30.||JAMIA MILIA ISLAMIA, NEW DELHI|
|31.||ALIGARH MUSLIM UNIVERSITY, ALIGARH|
|32.||DAYALBAGH EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTE, AGRA|
|33.||BANASTHALI VIDYAPEETH, RAJASTHAN|
|34.||VISHWA BHARTI UNIVERSITY, SHANTINIKETAN, BIRBHOOM, WB|
|35.||RAJIV GANDHI UNIVERSITY OF KNOWLEDGE TECHNOLOGIES, HYDERABAD|
|36.||HARYANA OPEN SCHOOL, BHIWANI|
|37.||RAJASTHAN STATE OPEN SCHOOL, JAIPUR|
|38.||M P STATE OPEN SCHOOL, BHOPAL|
|39.||ANDHRA PRADESH OPEN SCHOOL SOCIETY|
|40.||BIHAR BOARD OF OPEN SCHOOLING EXAMINATION|
|41.||CHHATTISGARH STATE OPEN SCHOOL|
|42.||CBSE I (CBSE International)|
|43.||TELANGANA BOARD OF INTERMEDIATE EDUCATION|
|44.||TELANGANA PRADESH OPEN SCHOOL SOCIETY|
|45.||WEST BENGAL COUNCIL OF RABINDRA OPEN SCHOOLING|
|46.||ASSAM STATE OPEN SCHOOL|
|47.||DIRECTORATE GENERAL OF MILITARY TRAINING (RIMC)|
|48.||BHUTAN HIGHER SECONDARY EDUCATION CERTIFICATE|
|49.||“A” LEVEL OF GENERAL CERTIFICATE OF EDUCATION, CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY (IGSE)|
|51.||EDEXCEL, LONDON (UK)|
|52.||HIGHER SECONDARY EDUCATION BOARD, NEPAL|
|53.||HIGHER SECONDARY EDUCATION BOARD, NEPAL|
Find complete List of Board Conducting Class 12th Exams.
List of Qualifying Examinations Under JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2018
- Firstly, the final examination of the 10 + 2 system, conducted by any recognized central / state Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi; etc.Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board / University.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board / University. The final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Also, the final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School / Board / University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10 + 2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- H.S.C. vocational examination. [Only for Admission to IITs]
- A Diploma recognized by AICTE or a state board of technical education of at least 3-year duration. [Only for Admission to IITs]
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London / Cambridge / Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level. [Only for Admission to IITs]
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva. [Only for Admission to IITs].
Admission to NITs, IIITs, CFTIs, SFIs, State Engineering Colleges for the Participating States and Other Participating Institutions
Eligibility for Admission to NITs, IIITs and CFTIs Participating Through Seat Allocation Board.
- Admissions to NITs, IIITs and CFTIs participating through CSAB will be on the basis of AIR provided the candidate has secured at least 75% in 10 + 2 or equivalent, or be in top 20 percentile in 10 + 2 or equivalent examination by the respective Boards.
- Moreover, the relaxation for Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes candidates will be up to 65% in 10 + 2 or equivalent examination.
- Furthermore, necessary subject combinations in the qualifying examination for admission to B.E. / B. Tech. & B. Arch. / B. Planning courses at NITs, IIITs, and other CFTIs will be asunder.
|Course||Required Criteria based on Class 12th / Equivalent qualifying Examination|
|B.E. / B. TECH.||Passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Biology/Biotechnology/Chemistry/Technical Vocational subject.|
|B. ARCH. / B. PLANNING||Passed 10+2 examination with Mathematics.|
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2018 for Admissions to Other Institutions
- First and foremost, other Technical Institutions participating in counselling through JoSAA / CSAB can also adopt above criteria.
- Moreover, if a state decides to admit candidates in the State Universities affiliated Engineering Colleges, then it may prepare a separate rank list on the basis of their own decided criteria.
Number of Seats in Various Institutions
- Firstly, the CBSE / JEE (Main) Secretariat is only an examination conducting body.
- Further, after the result declaration, Seat Allocation Board or concerned state government/Institute gets the data for Seat Allocation Process and admission procedure.
- Also, the JEE (Main) Secretariat does not collect any information related to the availability of seats and reservation criteria.
- Accordingly, for all queries/procedures related to the admissions, the aspirants must refer to the official website of JoSAA, CSAB, or any other concerned state government/Institute after JEE (Main) – 2018 Rank Declaration.
- JEE (Main) Secretariat / CBSE will not entertain any letters/emails regarding admission related procedures/queries.
Reservation of Seats according to JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2018 by CBSE.
- Firstly, as per the Government of India rules, candidates under certain categories get admissions to seats reserved for them under relaxation criteria. Such categories are as follows.
- OBC – NCL (Other Backward Classes – Non-Creamy Layer)
- SC (Scheduled Castes)
- ST (Scheduled Tribes)
- PWD (Persons With Disability) with disability more than or equal to 40%
- Moreover, only those classes/castes/tribes under Government of India published central list will get the benefit of reservation for admission to NITs / IIITs and CFTIs.
- For admissions in State Engineering Colleges that offer admissions through JEE (Main) – 2018, the reservation rules of that state will be applicable.
- Accordingly, JEE (Main) Secretariat / CBSE will not entertain any letters/emails regarding reservation criteria.
Seat Allotment Process and Admission Process
- First and foremost, the aspirants will get admission on the basis of their preferences and AIRs in JEE (Main) – 2018 through a Seat Allocation Process.
- Also, the candidates need to fill their preferences online for branches/programs and institutes at given time.
- Moreover, documents will be verified at the time of Seat Allocation Process / Admission.
- The motto will be to verify the details provided by the candidate, failure of which will result in rejection of candidature of the candidate.
- Furthermore, the candidates under Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, and Persons With Disability need to possess original documents by the competent authority at the time of Seat Allocation Process and also at the time of admission, failure of which will result in rejection of candidature of the candidate.
Read Related Articles to JEE Main 2018 Eligibility Criteria.
|Frequently Asked Questions FAQ’s||Recommended JEE Main 2018 Books|
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2018 is published by JoSSa & CBSE. Students appearing in 12th in 2018 are also eligible to take JEE Mains Exam.
jee mains 2018 exam date, jee main eligibility criteria for droppers, jee main eligibility marks, eligibility for jee advanced.