NTA JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020 is set by JEE Exam authority i.e National Testing Agency. Also, students who will appear in the qualifying exam (12th Board) in 2020 are eligible to take the JEE Mains 2020. Further, who have passed the XIIth standard or equivalent exam in 2018, 2019 can apply. Moreover, there are significant changes in JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020 mentioned in the section below. Candidate should ensure the eligibility criteria led down by JEE Main, JEE Advanced, and participating institutes. Finally, The JEE Apex Board takes the final decision in the case of eligibility criteria. National Testing Agency (NTA) has announced the JEE (Main) January and April examination eligibility criteria. The JEE eligibility criteria are mention below.
Upcoming Application Form
- Amity University Admissions Open Now Apply Now
- Reva University Bengaluru Admissions Open Apply Now
- Manipal Uni. 2020 Admissions Now Open Apply Now
- UPES Admissions 2020 Now Open Apply Now
- NIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Amrita University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- KIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- LPU University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Chandigarh University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
Latest Update: JEE Main 2020 April Application Form Correction has been started again from 25 May 2020.
JEE Main is applicable for admission to NITs, IIITs and CFTIs participating though Central Seat Allocation Board subject to the condition that the candidate should have secured at least 75% marks in the 12th class examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective Boards. For SC/ST candidates the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class examination.
Who is eligible for JEE Main 2020?
The JEE examination conducting authority, national testing agency (NTA) announced the new qualification criteria for JEE January and April 2020. As per the final announcement by MHRD, JEE & NEET exam will be conducted twice in a year.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about NTA JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020: No Age Limit
Only those candidates who have passed their Class 12th Examination or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2018, 2019 or those who are appearing in their Class 12th Examination or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2020 are eligible to appear in JEE (Main) Examination be held in January-2020 as well as in April-2020. Candidates who had passed Class XII/qualifying examination in 2017 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2020 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE (Main)-2020. A candidate who appeared in Class XII/ equivalent qualifying examination in 2016, did not pass in 2016, but passed in 2017 are not eligible to appear in JEE (Main)-2020.
Candidates must download NTA JEE Main Information Bulletin PDF and Replica of Application Form. Read these carefully to ensure your eligibility and acquaint with the requirements for submission of Online Application Form.
Subject combinations required in the qualifying examination for admission to B.E./B.Tech. & B. Arch./B. Planning Courses in NITs, IIITs, and other CFTIs is as under:
|Course||Required Criteria based on Class 12th / Equivalent qualifying Examination|
|B.E/B.TECH||Passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/ Technical Vocational subject.|
|B.ARCH./B.Planning||Passed 10+2 examination with Mathematics.|
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020 by National Testing Agency
First of All, Applicants must check their JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020 before filling the JEE Main 2020 Application form. Please ensure your eligibility as per the criteria laid down for JEE (Main), JEE (Advanced) and participating State Institutions (as applicable). And, Eligibility For Appearing in JEE Mains Exam 2020 described below:
Age Limit: For appearing in the NTA JEE Main examination there is no age limit for the candidates.
Date of Birth for JEE Main Exam:
- Firstly, candidates, D.O.B must be on or after 01 October 1995 are eligible to fill the Application.
- Moreover, for Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PWD) candidates, the upper age limit relaxation is 5 years, i.e. SC, ST, and PWD candidates who born on or after 01 October 1990 are eligible to fill the form.
- Most importantly, Date of birth in the Secondary Education Board / University Certificate will be final.
Year of Appearance in Qualifying Examination (QE):
- Further, students of the 12th or equivalent exam in 2018 or 2019 can apply.
- Also, Students appearing in 12th Board or equivalent exam in 2020 are eligible to appear in both January 2020 and April 2020 JEE (Main)-2020 Examination.
- 2016 or before pass outs and students who will appear in 12 board in 2020 or later are not eligible to apply.
- Similarly, the candidates who appeared in 10 + 2 or equivalent in 2015, did not pass in 2016 but passed in 2017 are also not eligible to appear in JEE Main 2020 Examination.
Number of subjects in the Qualifying Examination (QE)
- Students must have taken at least five subjects in class 12th or any other qualifying examination in order to be eligible for writing JEE (Main)-2020.
- Students who have taken four subjects are not permitted to write JEE Main 2020 and if such candidates appear in JEE Main 2020 by furnishing wrong information, their rank/result will not be declared.
If a candidate has passed in 2018 and appearing for improvement in 2020. Is he eligible?
Yes, Candidate is eligible for appearing in the Joint Entrance Examination (Main). This also answers the jee main eligibility criteria for droppers.
What is the eligibility for Diploma Students in JEE Main 2020?
The Diploma holder students who wish to appear in JEE Advanced can apply in JEE Main 2020 (Eligibility for JEE Advanced Examination) but candidates rank and NTA score for JEE Main will not be declared/published as diploma holders cannot apply for admission to NITs and CFTIs through Joint Entrance Examination (Main) channel.
NTA Eligibility for Appearing in JEE Main 2020
Eligibility for Admission to NITs, IIITs and CFTIs participating through Central SEAT ALLOCATION BOARD:
- Admission to NITs, IIITs and CFTIs participating though Central Seat Allocation Board will be based on All India Rank.
- Candidate should have secured at least 75% marks in the 12thclass examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective Boards.
- For SC/ST candidates the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12thclass examination.
Subject combinations required in the qualifying examination for admission to B.E./B.Tech. & B. Arch. /B. Planning Courses in NITs, IIITs, and other CFTIs shall be as under:
|Course||Required Criteria based on Class 12th / Equivalent qualifying Examination|
|B.E/B.TECH.||Passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational subject.|
|B.ARCH./B.Planning||Passed 10+2 examination with Mathematics.|
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020 for Admissions to Other Institutions
These policies may be adopted by other technical institutions that are participating in JoSAA/CSAB counselling. The state opting JEE Main Score and preparing a rank list on the basis of criteria led by own may follow different rules.
Subjects in 12th Board (Qualifying Examination)
- Then, candidates must have 5 subjects in class 12th Board or equivalent qualifying examination.
- Also, the candidates who have appeared or appearing in 4 subjects are not permitted to apply.
- Moreover, if such applicants appear in JEE 2020 by giving wrong information, then their result will not declare.
- Also, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics should be the main subject in 12th standard.
What is the Number of Attempts in JEE – Joint Entrance Examination Main?
- Moreover, only 3 attempts allowed.
- Further, Diploma (3 years) holders can apply for JEE Main but cannot apply for admission to NITs and other CFTIs. But, Diploma holders will not get the JEE Main Scorecard.
- Also, candidates must verify their eligibility according to JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020 as well as admissions to various institutions. Moreover, just satisfying eligibility criteria to appear in JEE Main 2020 and getting AIR in JEE Main 2020 does not ensure eligibility of candidates for admission.
- But, the number of Attempts and Age limit of the states like Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Nagaland, and Odisha are different as these states have joined JEE Main system from 2015. check details at www.nta.ac.in.
Furthermore, the drop out candidates should check to jee main eligibility criteria for droppers.
How many times can a student appear in one year?
As per the new scheme, the JEE (Main)-2020 exam would be conducted twice in a year.
Number of Attempts and Age Limit for Madhya Pradesh and Odisha
Moreover, Madhya Pradesh, Nagaland, and Odisha have joined JEE Main System from the year 2014. Further, the age limit for admissions of aspirants to institutions of these states will be the same as it was before when they offered admissions on the basis of their state-level examinations. Also, the maximum number of attempts will also remain the same as it was before. But, this will not be applicable to IITs / NITs / IIITs / CFTIs.
What is the minimum Percentage Marks Required to Appear in JEE Main Exam 2020?
Further, applicants must pass class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. But, applicants must secure 75% in XIIth or be in top 20 percentile, (65% for SC/ST categories) to get admission into NITs, IIITs and CFTIs.
So, from 2017 onwards No weightage for board marks is given in the evaluation of JEE Main Rank.
Boards / Universities Conducting 10 + 2 or Equivalent Examination Under JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria.
|S. No.||Board / University|
|1.||ANDHRA PRADESH BOARD OF INTERMEDIATE EDUCATION|
|2.||Assam Higher SECONDARY EDUCATION COUNCIL|
|3.||Bihar Intermediate EDUCATION COUNCIL (BIHAR SCHOOL EXAMINATION BOARD)|
|4.||CENTRAL BOARD OF SECONDARY EDUCATION|
|5.||Chattisgarh MADHYAMIK SHIKSHA MANDAL (CHATTISGARH BOARD OF SECONDARY EDUCATION)|
|6.||COUNCIL FOR THE INDIAN SCHOOL CERTIFICATE EXAMINATIONS|
|7.||GOA BOARD OF SECONDARY AND HIGHER SECONDARY EDUCATION|
|8.||Gujarat SECONDARY EDUCATION BOARD|
|9.||HARYANA BOARD OF EDUCATION|
|10.||HP BOARD OF SCHOOL EDUCATION|
|11.||J AND K STATE BOARD OF SCHOOL EDUCATION|
|12.||JHARKHAND ACADEMIC COUNCIL|
|13.||KARNATAKA BOARD OF PRE UNIVERSITY EDUCATION|
|14.||KERALA BOARD OF PUBLIC EXAMINATIONS|
|15.||MADHYA PRADESH BOARD OF SECONDARY EDUCATION|
|16.||MAHARASTRA STATE BOARD OF SECONDARY AND HIGHER SECONDARY EDUCATION|
|17.||Manipur COUNCIL OF HIGHER SECONDARY EDUCATION|
|18.||MEGHALAYA BOARD OF SECONDARY EDUCATION|
|19.||Mizoram BOARD OF SCHOOL EDUCATION|
|20.||Nagaland BOARD OF SCHOOL EDUCATION|
|21.||Odisha COUNCIL OF HIGHER SECONDARY EDUCATION|
|22.||PUNJAB SCHOOL EDUCATION BOARD|
|23.||RAJASTHAN BOARD OF SECONDARY EDUCATION|
|24.||TAMIL NADU BOARD OF HIGHER SECONDARY EDUCATION|
|25.||TRIPURA BOARD OF SECONDARY EDUCATION|
|26.||UP BOARD OF HIGH SCHOOL AND INTERMEDIATE EDUCATION|
|27.||UTTARANCHAL SHIKSHA EVAM PARIKSHA PARISHAD|
|28.||WEST BENGAL COUNCIL OF HIGHER SECONDARY EDUCATION|
|29.||NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF OPEN SCHOOLING|
|30.||JAMIA MILIA ISLAMIA, NEW DELHI|
|31.||ALIGARH MUSLIM UNIVERSITY, ALIGARH|
|32.||DAYALBAGH EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTE, AGRA|
|33.||BANASTHALI VIDYAPEETH, RAJASTHAN|
|34.||VISHWA BHARTI UNIVERSITY, SHANTINIKETAN, BIRBHOOM, WB|
|35.||RAJIV GANDHI UNIVERSITY OF KNOWLEDGE TECHNOLOGIES, HYDERABAD|
|36.||Haryana OPEN SCHOOL, BHIWANI|
|37.||RAJASTHAN STATE OPEN SCHOOL, JAIPUR|
|38.||MP State OPEN SCHOOL, BHOPAL|
|39.||ANDHRA PRADESH OPEN SCHOOL SOCIETY|
|40.||Bihar Board OF OPEN SCHOOLING EXAMINATION|
|41.||CHHATTISGARH STATE OPEN SCHOOL|
|42.||CBSE I (CBSE International)|
|43.||Telangana BOARD OF INTERMEDIATE EDUCATION|
|44.||Telangana Pradesh OPEN SCHOOL SOCIETY|
|45.||WEST BENGAL COUNCIL OF RABINDRA OPEN SCHOOLING|
|46.||Assam State OPEN SCHOOL|
|47.||DIRECTORATE GENERAL OF MILITARY TRAINING (RIMC)|
|48.||Bhutan HIGHER SECONDARY EDUCATION CERTIFICATE|
|49.||“A” LEVEL OF GENERAL CERTIFICATE OF EDUCATION, CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY (IGSE)|
|51.||EDEXCEL, London (UK)|
|52.||HIGHER SECONDARY EDUCATION BOARD, Nepal|
|53.||HIGHER SECONDARY EDUCATION BOARD, Nepal|
Find complete List of Board Conducting Class 12th Exams.
List of Qualifying Examinations Under JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020
- Firstly, the final examination of the 10 + 2 system, conducted by any recognized central / state Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi; etc. Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board / University.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board / University. The final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Also, the final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School / Board / University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10 + 2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- H.S.C. vocational examination. [Only for Admission to IITs]
- A Diploma recognized by AICTE or a state board of technical education of at least 3-year duration. [Only for Admission to IITs]
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London / Cambridge / Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level. [Only for Admission to IITs]
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva. [Only for Admission to IITs].
Number of Seats in Various Institutions
- Firstly, the NTA / JEE (Main) Secretariat is only an examination conducting body.
- Further, after the result declaration, Seat Allocation Board or concerned state government/Institute gets the data for Seat Allocation Process and admission procedure.
- Also, the JEE (Main) Secretariat does not collect any information related to the availability of seats and reservation criteria.
- Accordingly, for all queries/procedures related to the admissions, the aspirants must refer to the official website of JoSAA, CSAB, or any other concerned state government/Institute after JEE (Main) – 2020 Rank Declaration.
- JEE (Main) Secretariat / CBSE will not entertain any letters/emails regarding admission related procedures/queries.
Reservation of Seats according to JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020 by NTA.
- Firstly, as per the Government of India rules, candidates under certain categories get admissions to seats reserved for them under relaxation criteria. Such categories are as follows.
- OBC – NCL (Other Backward Classes – Non-Creamy Layer)
- SC (Scheduled Castes).
- ST (Scheduled Tribes).
- PWD (Persons With Disability) with a disability more than or equal to 40%.
- Moreover, only those classes/castes/tribes under Government of India published central list will get the benefit of reservation for admission to NITs / IIITs and CFTIs.
- For admissions in State Engineering Colleges that offer admissions through JEE (Main) – 2020, the reservation rules of that state will be applicable.
- Accordingly, JEE (Main) Secretariat / CBSE will not entertain any letters/emails regarding reservation criteria.
Seat Allotment Process and Admission Process
- First and foremost, the aspirants will get admission on the basis of their preferences and AIRs in JEE (Main) – 2020 through a Seat Allocation Process.
- Also, the candidates need to fill their preferences online for branches/programs and institutes at a given time.
- Moreover, documents will be verified at the time of Seat Allocation Process / Admission.
- The motto will be to verify the details provided by the candidate, failure of which will result in the rejection of candidature of the candidate.
- Furthermore, the candidates under Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, and Persons With Disability need to possess original documents by the competent authority at the time of Seat Allocation Process and also at the time of admission, failure of which will result in rejection of candidature of the candidate.
Read Related Articles to JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020 is published by National Testing Agency. Students appearing in 12th in 2020 are also eligible to take JEE Mains Exam. The decision of the NTA regarding the eligibility of any applicant shall be final.
|Frequently Asked Questions FAQ’s||Recommended JEE Main 2020 Books|
STATE CODE OF ELIGIBILITY
State Code of eligibility means the Code of the State from where the candidate/student has passed Class 12th / Equivalent qualifying examination by virtue of which candidate becomes eligible to appear in the JEE Main for admission to B.E/B. Tech. and B. Arch./B. Planning Courses of the institutions/ Colleges of the States/UT.
What is the state of eligibility for the Improvement Candidates/Institution Abroad/NIOS?
The List of States/Union Territories and followed by the Codes for State Codes of Eligibility is mention below:
|Name of State (In Alphabetical order)||Code|
|JAMMU & KASHMIR||JK|
|Name of Union Territory (In Alphabetical order)|
|ANDAMAN & NICOBAR ISLANDS(UT)||AN|
|DADRA & NAGAR HAVELI(UT)||DN|
|DAMAN & DIU(UT)||DD|
|Foreign/OCI/PIO/ Nepal / Bhutan||ZZ|
jee main 2020 application form, jee main registration 2020, jee main eligibility marks in 12th, jee main 2020 exam date, jee mains 2019 application form, eligibility for jee mains 2020, jeemain.nic.in 2020, jee main eligibility criteria for droppers.