JEXPO 2019 Counselling has been started from 17 June 2019. WEBSCTE or West Bengal State Council Of Technical And Vocational Education & Skill Development is the statutory body. JEXPO & Voclet 2019 is a common Entrance Examination conducted at the State level. And, it is also popular as the Joint Entrance Examination for Polytechnic. It is also known as West Bengal Polytechnic. Further, students will be selected for the admissions in the first year of the Diploma courses offered by various polytechnic colleges in the West Bengal State. Every year Application form are released for admission into the first year classes of Diploma in Engineering & Technology through VOCLET. Given here are the complete details related to Admission to the First Year of Diploma in Engineering & Technology through JEXPO-2019 and Lateral Entry in Second Year of Diploma in Engineering & Technology through VOCLET-2019.
Upcoming Application Form
- Amity University Admission Open Apply Now
- Manav Rachna University Admissions Open 2019 Apply Here
- Bennett University B.Tech Admissions Open Apply Here
- Chandigarh University All Courses Admission Open Apply Here
- Lovely Professional University All Courses Admission Open Apply Here
- Chandigarh Group of Colleges Admission Open Apply Here
West Bengal Polytechnic Admission Latest Update
- JEXPO 2019 Counselling has been started from 17 June 2019. Click here> Counselling.
- The West Bengal State Council of Technical & Vocational Education and Skill Development (WEBSCTE) has published the Notification for JEXPO and VOCLET 2019.
JEXPO / VOCLET Notifications
WBSCTE conducts JEXPO and VOCLET 2019 Entrance test for various Diploma courses in Government and not Government colleges. JEXPO 2019 is for admission into the First year of Diploma/Polytechnic course (Engineering and Technology). Whereas VOCLET 2019 is for the second year of Diploma Engineering and Technology courses in West Bengal. West Bengal State Council of Technology Education will release the examination dates.
JEXPO & VOCLET 2019 Important Dates
These are the official dates for Technical & Vocational Education and Skill Development.
|Application Form Available||29 January 2019|
|Online Form Last Date||18 April 2019(Extended)|
|Admit Card Download||April 2019|
|JEXPO Exam Date||30 May 2019|
|Result/Merit List Publish||03 June 2019|
|Counselling Starts||17 June 2019|
JEXPO & VOCLET Counselling
JEXPO counselling has been started from Admission of candidates will be done through the Counselling process. Qualified candidates will be called for the Counselling session along with the Important Documents to be verified i.e, Birth certificate, Educational certificates & Caste certificates etc. Candidates failing to produce these documents at the time of Counselling will have to face the cancellation of candidature.
JEXPO VOCLET Admit card / Hall ticket 2019
- The candidates can download the Hall ticket from the official website one or two weeks prior to the examination.
- Admit card will be available from 03 April 2019.
- After downloading the admit card, check the particulars such as Name, Roll number, Address, Exam etc. carefully.
- In case of any mistake in the admit card, report the same within the specified time limit.
- Candidates must bring the admit card on the day of examination. Without it candidates will not be allowed to enter the Examination hall.
JEXPO 2019 Application Form
The West Bengal Polytechnic admission form filling process is given below.
- Firstly, The DTE West Bengal has released the Application Form on 29 January 2019.
- Then, candidates applying can reach out the JEXPO 2019 Application Form through both offline and online modes.
- Also, the OMR application along with Information Brochure will be available in all the Government, Government sponsored and self-financed Polytechnics affiliated to the WBSCT, VE, and SD.
- The government ITIs including PTP run Private and Government ITIs in West Bengal and one centre in Tripura.
- Then after the submission of the online application, the candidates need to take a printout of the application form.
VOCLET 2019 application form
The Application form for JEXPO 2019 is available from 29 January 2019 at the official website for Admission to the Second Year Classes of Diploma in Engineering & Technology through VOCLET-2019. Applicants can also download the application form from the link here.
Application deadline: The last date for online as well as OMR form submission is 06 March 2019.
- The application fee for the OMR application will be Rs.500/- for the Generals and Rs. 250/- for the Kanyashree Enrollees.
- The Online application fee for the General candidates would be Rs. 450/- and Rs. 250/- for the Kanyashree Enrollees.
The West Bengal State Council of Technology Education decides the eligibility criteria and release along with other details in information brochure.
- The Candidate applying must be a citizen of India.
- Also, the candidate must have passed class 10th or an examination equivalent, with English, Physical Science/Science and Mathematics from any Government Recognised Board.
- Most importantly the candidates should have scored a minimum 35% aggregate in the qualifying exam without any additional subjects.
- Also, there is no upper age limit, but the age of the candidate should not be after 01 July 2002.
- Moreover, the appearing students can apply again.
Details of Reservation for Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe respectively for the Government & Govt. Sponsored Polytechnics is given in Information Brochure attached below.
JEXPO 2019 Syllabus
Syllabus for JEXPO:
- Real Numbers
- Laws of Indices
- co-ordinate Geometry-Distance Formula, Internal and External
- Division of Straight Line Segment, Area of Triangular Region,
- Linear Simultaneous Equations
- Properties of Parallelogram
- Polynomial, Factorisation
- Transversal & Mid-Point Theorem
- Profit & Loss
- Theorems on Area
- Construction of a Parallelogram whose measurement of one angle is given an equal in an area of a Triangle
- Construction of a Triangle equal in an area of a quadrilateral, Area & Perimeter of Triangle &
- Quadrilateral shaped region
- Circumference of Circle
- Theorems on concurrence
- Area of circular region
- Quadratic Equations with one variable
- Simple Interest
- Theorems related to circle
- Rectangular Parallelepiped or Cuboid
- Ratio and Proportion
- Compound Interest and Uniform Rate of Increase or Decrease
- Theorems related to Angles in a Circle
- Right Circular Cylinder
- Quadratic Surd
- Theorems related to Cyclic Quadrilateral
- Construction of circumcircle and incircle of a triangle Sphere Variation
- Partnership Business
- Theorems related to Tangent to a Circle
- Right Circular Cone Similarity
- Construction of tangent to a circle
- Real life Problems related to different Solid Objects, Trigonometry – Concept of Measurement of Angle
- Construction – Determination of Mean Proportional
- Pythagoras Theorem
- Trigonometric Ratios and Trigonometric Identities
- Trigonometric Ratios of Complementary angle
- Application of Trigonometric Ratios – Heights & Distances
- Statistics – Mean, Median, Ogive, Mode and Numerical Aptitude.
● Force & Motion
● Atomic Structure
● Mole Concept
● Matter – Structure and Properties
● Acids, Bases & Salts
● Power & Energy
● Separation of Components of Mixtures
● Concerns about our Environment
● Behaviour of Gases
● Periodic Table and Periodicity of the Properties of Elements
● Ionic and Covalent Bonding
● Chemical Calculations
● Thermal Phenomena
● Current Electricity
● Electricity and Chemical Reactions
● Inorganic Chemistry in the Laboratory and in Industry
● Atomic Nucleus
● Organic Chemistry and General Awareness.
● Complex Numbers
● Algebra of Complex Numbers
● Cube roots of unity and its properties
● D-Moivre’s Theorem
● Sequence And Series: A.P., G.P.
● Quadratic Equations
● Solutions of Quadratic Equation in complex number system
● Binomial Theorem
● Definition of permutation – combination with formulae
● Binomial Theorem for positive integral index, general term, middle term
● Matrix and Determinant
● Cramer’s rule [unique solution] Trigonometry
● compound angles – multiple and sub-multiple angles
● General solution of trigonometric `equation
● Inverse circular function.
● The distance between two points
● Section formulae
● Formulae for an area of a triangle
● Straight line – different forms
● An angle between two straight lines
● The condition of parallelism and perpendicularism of two straight lines
● The distance of a point from a given line
● Standard equation of a circle
● Simple properties of parabola, ellipse, hyperbola.
● Identity polynomial
● Modulus and signum functions with their graphs even, odd
● periodic and parametric functions
● Differential calculus, limit and continuity
● Differentiation of parametric, logarithm and implicit functions
● Successive differentiation up to 2nd order problems
● Application of derivatives
● Integral calculus: Integration by substitution, by parts.
● Definite integral – evaluation of definite integral
● Application of definite integral
● Differential equation: solution of differential equation of First-order Solution of homogeneous differential equation of First order and First degree.
● Units of measurement
● Dimension of physical quantities
● Motion in a straight line; definitions, Graphical analysis. Equations of motions.
Scalar and vector quantities, Scalar and vector products of vectors
● Frame of reference Newton’s laws
● Law of conservation of linear momentum
● Uniform circular motion
● vehicle on level circular road / banked road
● Work, Energy & Power
● Centre of mass
● Moment / angular momentum,Problems
● Moment of inertia and radius of gyration
● Law of gravitation
● Gravitational potential
● Kepler’s laws of planetary motion
● Geostationary satellite
● Elastic behaviour, Hooke’s law; Young modulus, bulk modulus, shear modulus of
rigidity, Poison ratio; elastic energy
● Pascal’s law and its application.
● Thermal expansion
● Ideal gas laws
● Isothermal and adiabatic processes
● anomalous expansion calorimetry, Cp, Cv
● Heat transfer
● Newton’s law of cooling
● Thermal conductivity
● Thermal equilibrium
● Zeroth law /First law of thermodynamics
● Equation of state of a perfect gas
● Kinetic theory of gases
● Simple harmonic motion [SHM]; Simple pendulum, free, damped and forced vibration
● Chemical Industry
● Chemical Equation
● Percentage composition
● Empirical formula
● Molecular formula
● Extra nuclear Structure Of Atom: Orbital, subshell, shell
● Quantum numbers [n, l, m, s] ● Pauli Exclusion Principle
● Hund’s rule of maximum multiplicity
● Aufbau principle
● Ground state electronic configuration of atom
● Classification of Elements
● Periodicity in Properties: present form of periodic table, S – block and P – block elements. Periodic trend.
● Chemical Bonding And Molecular Structure – Hybridisation involving s and p orbitals and shapes of some simple molecules.
● Hydrogen Bond
● Gaseous State Of Matter: numerical problems
● Liquid State of Matter
● Thermodynamics System: Types of system, Work, heat, energy
● First Law of Thermodynamics – internal energy and enthalpy, Entropy and Gibbs Free Energy
● Second Law of Thermodynamics. Significance of the relationŸG = ŸH – T ŸS.
● Equilibrium And Acidimetry–Law of Mass Action
● Le Chatelier Principle – simple application.pH and pH scale
● Buffer solution
● Simple calculation of pH
● Acidimetry and Alkalimetry
● Hydrogen, Water: Expression / Estimation of hardness of water
● Estimation of hardness of water
● Important water quality parameters and their significance
● Hydrogen Peroxide
● Preparation And Uses of Sodium carbonate, sodium hydroxide, calcium oxide, bleaching powder, borax, limestone.
● Organic Chemistry And Organic Compounds: Estimation of nitrogen [Kjeldahl’s Method]
Classification of organic compounds
● IUPAC nomenclature, Alkanes, Alkenes, Alkynes, Arenes, Fuels,
● Environmental Chemistry: Soil/ Air/ Water Pollution
3. Fundamentals of Mechanics
● Concept of Engineering Mechanics: Statics & Dynamics, Scalar quantity, Vector quantity, Addition & subtraction of Vectors
● System of Forces: Definition of Force, System of Co planar forces, Resultant Force, problems
● Moment & its Applications: Definition & Type, Physical significance, Simple problems
● Equilibrium of Force system: Lami’s theorem, Condition of equilibrium of co-planner & concurrent force / non-concurrent force system, related problems
● Friction: Concept of Friction & its types, Simple problems
● Simple Lifting Machines: Definition of common terms, Study of Simple machines.
● Centre of Gravity: Concept & definition, Formulae for centroids of simple areas.
Simple related problems
● Moment of Inertia: Definition,Theorems, Radius of Gyration, related problems
● General Awareness
● Introduction to Computer Systems: Definition, Evolution, Generations, Computer Systems
● Computer Organisation
● Input and Output Devices
● Computer Memory
● Number Systems and Computer Codes
● Computer Software and Programming Languages: Definition and classification of software
● DOS : Working with MS DOS Commands
● Concept of High and Low Level Languages
● Windows OS
● Word Processing
● Internet: Browsing, Use of search engines, E-Mail
● Numerical Aptitude
JEXPO & VOCLET 2019 Exam Pattern
PAPER 1: Mathematics
PAPER 2: Physics and Chemistry
PAPER 1: Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry
PAPER 2: Mechanics & Computer
- All the questions in the paper will in MCQ form.
- Candidates will have to answer the Questions on the OMR sheet with blue/black ball point pen.
- The duration of exam will be 2.00 hours each.
- Each question will carry 1 mark.
|Physics and Chemistry||100||Two hours|
JEXPO VOCLET 2019 Result
The Authority will announce the JEXPO VOCLET 2019 result on 03 June 2019. Candidates can download their result online from the official website. Qualified candidates will have to appear for the Counselling session.
As per the West Bengal State Council of Technical & Vocational Education and Skill Development official website, there are 144 Diploma / Polytechnic colleges listed under various category i.e Private, Government, Government Sponsored.
- Candidates covered under the Kanyashree scheme will get 50% fee waiver in Registration/ Counselling and Admission.
- And, also candidates will get Accommodation in Hostel.
Number of Seats (Intake) List
The detailed College wise / Branch wise list along with the number of intakes (seats) is given below in PDF.
WEBSCTE JEXPO and VOCLET Official Links
WEST BENGAL STATE COUNCIL OF TECHNICAL & VOCATIONAL EDUCATION AND SKILL DEVELOPMENT (Erstwhile West Bengal State Council of Technical Education) A Statutory Body under Government of West Bengal Act XXVI of 2013.
Address: Karigari Bhavan, 4th Floor, Plot No. B/7, Action Area-III, Newtown, Rajarhat, Kolkata–700160
The official website for WEBSCTE is www.webscte.co.in.
The information brochure is released by West Bengal SCTE and available. Candidates can download HERE.
Finally, for more updates and information related to 2019 admit card & JEXPO 2019, stay tuned with EntranceZone.