BITSAT Preparation, BITSAT is also known as BITS Admission Test is the entrance exam for admission in Bits Pilani. It is one of the best university for Engineering in India. Bits Pilani is often considered at par with some of the top IIT’s in India. And BITSAT is one of the most competitive entrance examinations. According to the statistics, around 2 lakh students compete every year for admission to about 2500 seats. It is an online mode examination, of 3 hours duration. The BITSAT Paper contains 150 questions from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English and Logical Proficiency.
New Update: The BITSAT-2018 application process for admission to Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses will go live on Tuesday, 19 December 2018. Please check this space for further updates.
The difficulty level of BITSAT examination can be considered to be somewhere in between JEE MAIN and JEE ADVANCED. While the Difficulty level of questions is almost similar to that of JEE Main, the speed, and accuracy required to finish the examination on time makes it more difficult. Questions will be generally from the concepts of NCERT but are generally tricky. Candidates should follow some basic rules to prepare for the exams efficiently. Please look into admission details at http://bitsadmission.com/
Aspirants can see the details about how to prepare for BITSAT in the article below.
- Candidates should be thorough with their basics first. NCERT Textbooks are the most viable resource for knowledge when it comes to BITSAT preparation. Around 80% of the paper comes from them. Candidates should practice all the problems from the mathematics book and understand all the concepts and reactions from chemistry and physics.
- Make short notes of key points in each concept, and revise them frequently.
- Time management is a very crucial factor in BITSAT examination, and thus candidates should practice many model test papers with the time constraint. There are many practice books available in the market as the one from ‘Arihant Publications’.
Some More Imperative Things Regarding BITSAT: Required To Keep In Mind
- One trivial but important thing to understand is that candidate should make preparation according to the score which they are expecting to get. Computer Science cut off goes as high as 390/450 whereas various other courses will be available at 310. Thus mock papers become even more important in BITSAT as Students should be sure about the number of questions he/she should attempt based on the branch they want (there is negative marking in BITSAT).
- English and Logical Reasoning section carry equal weight as the other three sections and student should not ignore this. There are many easy questions such as pattern detection or paragraph formation that the aspirants can answer easily to boost the score.
- A unique feature in BITSAT is that candidate can score more than 100% marks. (Maximum marks scored can be 486/450) If a student attempts all the given 150 questions and time is left, he is given 12 extra questions which he can solve. It is a rumour that they are comparatively easy. So if the candidate is able to solve around 135-150 questions accurately, he can take guesses in the remaining and go for the extra ones.
Key Preparation Points
- Make yourself thorough with NCERT.
- Improve your speed and accuracy.
- Don’t ignore English and Logical Reasoning.
- Solve many Mock Test Papers.
- Make yourself aware of the courses available and their last year’s cut-offs.
Clearing BITSAT is not difficult, Candidate should be fast and precise enough in solving questions. Candidates can check here for details regarding BITSAT Entrance Examination.