KCET 2019 Second round seat allotment schedule has been released. KCET 2019 also is known as Karnataka Common Entrance Test. It is conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority i.e. KEA for various undergraduate Engineering courses in colleges of the state of Karnataka. And KCET 2019 Examination has been conducted from 29 April – 01 May 2019. KCET exam is conducted to offer admission into the first year of Engineering, Agriculture, Pharmacy & various other courses. Aspirants get admission in various institutes and universities of Karnataka on the basis of KCET scores. For architecture courses, admission will be done on the basis of JEE Main (Paper 2) and NATA exam. The application form will accept via online mode only. The registration for KEA 2019 will start online at the website. Students can check here details for KCET 2019 exam including notification, application, dates, etc.
Upcoming Application Form
- Amity University Admission Open Apply Now
- Manav Rachna University Admissions Open 2019 Apply Here
- Bennett University B.Tech Admissions Open Apply Here
- Chandigarh University All Courses Admission Open Apply Here
- Lovely Professional University All Courses Admission Open Apply Here
- Chandigarh Group of Colleges Admission Open Apply Here
Karnataka Common Entrance Test Latest Update
- KCET 2019 Second round seat allotment schedule has been released. Click here> Counselling.
- KCET 2019 First Round allotment result has been announced.
- KCET 2019 Application Form for admission B.Arch course has been started from 15 May 2019. Click here> Application Form.
KCET 2019 Exam Dates
The important dates are released by the Karnataka Examination Authority.
|1.||Availability Of Online Application Form||01 February 2019|
|2.||Last Date Of Submission Of Completely Filled Form||20 March 2019(Extended)|
|3.||Application Form Correction date||30 March – 01 April 2019|
|4.||Last Date for Fee Payment||21 March 2019|
|5.||Availability of Admit Card||12 April 2019|
|6.||K-CET Exam Dates (Biology & Mathematics)
Apply for Top & Best Colleges Here. Apply Here
Physics & Chemistry
Kannada Language(only in Bangalore)
Practical Examination for Agriculturist
|29 April 2019
30 April 2019
01 May 2019
18 May 2019
|7.||Kannada Language Test Date (For Haranadu and Gadinadu Students)||April 2019|
|8.||Release of Answer Key||3rd Week of May 2019|
|9.||KCET Result||25 May 2019|
|10.||KCET Counselling||21 June 2019|
|11.||Document Verification||July 2019|
KCET 2019 Counselling
- The counselling dates are available after the declaration of results.
- The counselling procedure would depend on the marks obtained by candidates
- There will be a minimum number of two rounds in Karnataka CET 2019 counselling.
Counselling process KCET 2019
- For the counselling, candidates have to register themselves.
- For seats, the candidates have to get the documents verified at help centres.
- After the verification of documents, the candidates obtains verification slips.
- The candidates can select the courses and colleges according to their choice.
KCET 2019 Result
Result Preparation Method: The result and merit list are prepared by Karnataka Examination Authority. The CBSE Board results are required by the KEA to publish the result. Whereas, PUC, Karnataka students don’t need to update to KEA with the copy of their 12th class marks cards as the department itself updates the marks of each student to KEA.
Official Website to check the KCET result is www.karresults.nic.in.
Result for Karnataka Common Entrance Test.
- Results will be available after the commencement of the exam.
- The results would be available on the official website of Karnataka Examinations Authority.
- A candidate would require entering their application number and date of birth to check their results.
How to Download KCET 2019 Admit Card for Engineering Courses?
The Hall Ticket for Karnataka Examinations Authority Common Entrance Test 2019:
- The admit card has been available to download for the candidates from 12 April 2019.
- If candidates are not able to download the admit card from an official website, they can collect the admit card at the exam Centre before the exam started.
- Admit card is available on the official web portal. (official link is given here).
Note: If the above situation arises the candidate must make sure to reach the examination Centre 45 minutes prior to the exam timings.
Karnataka CET 2019 Application Form
- The application form is available from 01 February 2019 to candidates on the online portal of Karnataka CET.
- The candidate should have scanned Photographs, Signature of the candidate, Signature of parents, and left-hand thumbprint of the candidate while filling the KCET online application 2019.
Note: The photographs should not be older than six months it should be a recent photograph.
How to fill the KCET 2019 Application Form Online?
Following are the instructions to fill the application form.
- The candidate would be led to a registration page.
- Click on the new user registration.
- After entering all that information like name, gender, date of birth, course, mobile number etc. Click on submit.
- Candidates would receive the user ID and password on the provided email address and mobile number.
- Using them, the candidate must log in to the official site of Karnataka Common Entrance Test.
- Candidates must fill their educational qualification and other details.
- Click on ‘save and next’ after filling all the details.
- Then upload the Scanned documents i.e, a photograph, signature, parent’s signature, the left-hand thumbprint.
- Press the ‘Save’ and ‘next’ button to proceed.
- Next, comes the payment. Candidates can pay the amount in any Branches of Axis Bank, Bank of India, a central bank, state bank of Mysore or syndicate bank.
- Candidates can pay application fee via Chalan, Demand Draft (DD), And DD must be drawn in the favour of
Karnataka Examination Authority” Payable at Bangalore or Bengaluru.
|Categories of Applicants||Application Fee|
|General & OBC||Rs. 500/-|
|SC/ST candidates of Karnataka||Rs. 250/-|
|Candidates residing outside of Karnataka||Rs. 750/-|
|Candidates residing outside of India||Rs. 5000/-|
Karnataka CET Eligibility Criteria 2019
Eligibility Criteria will help the candidates to understand if they may give the exam. Eligibility Criteria of KCET 2019 are the terms and conditions stated by KARNATAKA EXAMINATION AUTHORITY for the candidates who wish to apply for the Karnataka state entrance exam.
|1.||Nationality||Indian nationals, as well as NRI aspirants, can apply for Karnataka Common Entrance Test.|
|2.||Domicile||Domicile criteria must be fulfilled by every candidate as stated by KEA.|
|3.||Age Limit||Candidates should have completed 17 years of the academic year on or before 31st December 2016.|
|BE/B.Tech||Passed 2nd PUC, 12th or equivalent exam.
Must have Physics, Mathematics, English along with Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Electronics/Computer subjects.
Must have obtained 45% (40% for reserved categories) in the above-mentioned subjects.
|B.Pharm||Passed 2nd PUC, 12th or equivalent exam with PCM or PCB group.
Should have secured 45% (40% for reserved categories) in the PCM or PCB group.
Diploma in Pharmacy candidates can also apply.
|MBBS/BDS||2nd PUC, 12th or equivalent exam passed with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects.
Minimum 50% marks (40% for reserved categories) in the PCB group.
Must have qualified NEET 2019 entrance test.
|B.Arch||2nd PUC, 12th or equivalent exam passed with Mathematics subject.
Minimum 50% marks (40% for reserved categories).
Should have a valid NATA scorecard.
|Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Unani, Naturopathy and Yoga||Passed 2nd PUC, 12th or equivalent exam with PCB and English subjects.
Minimum 50% marks (40% for reserved categories).
The language of the Exam:
The exam will be conducted in ENGLISH language but the candidates would also be given a choice to attempt the exam in KANNADA language.
Mode of Exam:
- NO online mode of an exam will be conducted.
- The exam would be conducted in OFFLINE mode i.e. Pen-Paper mode.
Exam Duration :
- Each subject (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics) will be given 80 minutes.
- Although physics and chemistry would be on the same day while mathematics would be on a different day.
Karnataka Examinations Authority kea 2019 Paper Pattern
The exam pattern for Karnataka Common Entrance Test.
- The test would have 180 MCQs.
- 60 questions each subject.
- Each correct answer will carry one mark and NO marks would be deducted.
- NO NEGATIVE MARKING SCHEME is there. i.e., no marks would be deducted from the total marks.
- The paper would be in 16 different versions and the candidate would have no choice of selection or change the paper.
KCET 2019 Syllabus
The topics are listed in the highest to lowest weightage order just for the convenience of the candidate to help them know which topic needs more focus on the best results.
- Wave Optics
- Heat and thermodynamics
- Ray optics
- Modern physics
- Current electricity
- Electromagnetic induction
- Physics of nucleus
- Wave motion
- Solids and semiconductor devices
- Alternating current
- Heat and chemical effects
- Electromagnetic waves
- Principles of communication
- 3-D geometry
- Sets, relation, and functions
- Matrices determinants
- Indefinite integration
- Definite integration
- Complex numbers
- Theory of equation
- Permutation and combination
- Sequence and series
- Binomial theorem
- Continuity and differentiation
- Trigonometric ratio
- Principles and processes of extraction
- Carboxylic acids and its derivatives
- Aldehyde ketone
- Alcohol, phenol, ether
- 5th- block elements
- Alkanes, alkenes, and alkynes
- Mole concepts
- Chemical equilibrium
- Redox reaction
- Chemical kinetics
- General organic chemistry
- Ionic equilibrium
- Chemical bonding
- Periodic classification of elements
- Atomic structure
- P-block elements
- Coordination compound
- Transition elements
- Surface chemistry
- Nuclear chemistry
- Gaseous state
- Prepare a plan to cover all topics in the decided time. Give more weightage topics more time.
- Concentrate on the basics.
- Keep practising. This will enhance accuracy.
- Keep a track of time. Try solving each question in the least possible time.
- Make note of all important points from each chapter this comes handy in the final week of examination.
- Keep solving previous year question papers this specifies the candidates’ weak areas and also the problem-solving capacity in a given time.
Pro-tips after getting the question paper in the examination hall
- Go through the question paper. Just skim through it.
- The single tick in front of question which can be easily answered.
- Put a double take on the question that can be solved but would take some time.
- And put a triple tick on the question that is tough and the candidate is doubtful to solve it or will require more time and concepts.
- Now while solving, solve the single marked questions first then the double marked and triple marked at the last.
- As there is no negative marking scheme, the questions which are too hard to be solved can be solved by guessing, but don’t leave the question unanswered.
Common Entrance Test 2019 Time Table
The timetable for Karnataka Common Entrance Test is given below on the basis of last year’s question paper.
|29 April 2019||Wednesday||10.30 am – 11.50 am||Biology||60|
|02.30 pm – 03.30 om||Mathematics||60|
|30 April 2019||Thursday||10.30 am – 11.50 am||Physics||60|
|02.30 pm – 03.30 pm||Chemistry||60|
|1 May 2019||Friday||11.30 am to 12.30 pm||BOTH FOR HORANADU
KANNADIGA CANDIDATES (KANNADA LANGUAGE TEST – only in Bangalore)
KCET 2019 Cutoff
- The marks on which the admission procedure closes or no candidate below that marks can get into a course is the cutoff of that branch or course.
- No cut-off mark/ranks announced by KEA for admission into Undergraduate Engineering courses.
Colleges Accepting KCET Score
Top 10 engineering participating colleges in KCET are mentioned below:
- Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur
- BVB College of Engg & Tech, Hubli
- National Institute of Engineering, Mysore
- RNS Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- B.M.S College of Engineering, Bull Temple Road, Bangalore
- MS Ramiah Institute of Tech, Bangalore
- Shri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysore
- Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- P.E.S. Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- JSS Academy of Technical Education, Bangalore
KCET Scholarships 2019
Candidates from financially backward criteria (SC/ ST/ OBC) can avail the scholarships offered by GOI for pursuing their higher education. The details of KCET Scholarships are given below:
Post Matric Scholarships for OBC Students
- This scholarship is for students who wish to pursue B.E,MBBS,BDS,MBA,MCA Ayurvedic,Homeopathy,Unani,etc (graduation&P.G.courses).
- They should belong to BC Categories under G.O. Dated: 30.3.2002 and must not have availed any other scholarship.
- Applicants must not be inmates of any government or government-aided hostels.
- Candidates can avail the scholarship forms from their respective college.
- The filled in applications should be sent to the B.Cs. Extension Officer. The filled in applications will be thoroughly scrutinized and the post metric scholarships are disbursed to the eligible students.
Merit Scholarship to College/Professional Institutions Students Belonging To SC/ST/OBC/Minorities
- Department of Welfare for SC/ST/OBC/Minorities disburse scholarships to students in four categories namely A, B, C and D.
- Candidates willing to pursue undergraduate or postgraduate professional courses like Engineering, Medicine, Ayurveda or Unani can apply for this scholarship scheme.
- It is open to both- hoteliers and day scholars.
- The duration of the scholarship is based on the duration of the course.
- Income limit does not exist for the students who are availing this scholarship. However, for OBC candidates the income limit is INR 1,00,000 per annum.
- To apply, you can contact your college Principal or visit the website of Department of SC/ST/OBC Welfare.
Brief Information about KCET
Name of Exam: Karnataka Common Entrance Test
Exam Conducting Body: Common Entrance Test Cell
Examination Date: 18-19 April 2019
Level of Exam: State Level
Official Website: www.kea.kar.nic.in
Courses– Medical, Dental, Indian Systems of Medicine and Homoeopathy, Engineering / Architecture courses, Farm science i.e, B.Sc. (Agriculture), B.Sc. (Sericulture), B.Sc (Horticulture), B.Sc(Forestry), B.Sc. AgriBioTech, BHSc.(Home Science), B.Tech (Agri.Engg), B.Tech (Food Technology), B.Tech (Dairy Tech), B.FSc (Fisheries), B.Tech (Food Science &Tech)., B.Sc. (Agri. Marketing & Co-Op), B-Pharma, Pharma-D courses.
Official Website Link: http://www.kea.kar.nic.in/index.html
“Stay Informed about EntranceZone latest updates and feature articles on KCET 2019.”
“, `rating is available`, `video has been rented`, `available when the video`
, kcet 2019 login, kcet 2019 cancelled, kcet 2019 date, kcet 2019 registration, kcet 2019 application date, kcet 2019 exam date, kcet 2019 registration date, kcet 2019 syllabus, kcet 2019 application form date.