KCET 2020 Application form will be released in the first week of February 2020. KCET 2020 also is known as the Karnataka Common Entrance Test. It is conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority i.e. KEA for various undergraduate Engineering courses in colleges of the state of Karnataka. And KCET Examination for 2020 session will be conducted from April – May 2020. KCET exam is conducted to offer admission into the first year of Engineering, Agriculture, Pharmacy & various other courses. Aspirants get admission in various institutes and universities of Karnataka based on KCET scores. For Architecture courses, admission will be done on the basis of JEE Main (Paper-2) and NATA exam. The application form will accept via Online mode only at the official website. Students can check here details for KCET 2020 exam including Notification, Application, Dates, etc.
KCET 2020 Exam Dates
The important dates will be released by the Karnataka Examination Authority.
|S. No.||Events||Dates (Tentative)
|1.||Availability Of Application Form||01 February 2020|
|2.||Last Date Of Submission Of Completely Filled Form||28 February 2020|
|3.||Last Date for Fee Payment||06 March 2020|
|4.||Application Form Correction Date||19 March – 25 March 2020 (till 5:30 PM)|
|5.||Availability of Admit Card||16 April 2020|
|6.||K-CET Exam Dates (Biology & Mathematics)
Check your JEE Main Eligibility Here. Join & Refer your Friends to Earn Paytm Cashback Check Now & Refer
Physics & Chemistry
Kannada Language(only in Bangalore)
Practical Examination for Agriculturist
|23 April 2020
24 April 2020
13 May – 15 May 2020
|7.||Kannada Language Test Date (For Haranadu and Gadinadu Students)||25 April 2020|
|8.||Release of Answer Key||Third Week of May 2020|
|9.||KCET Result||Last week of May 2020|
|10.||KCET Counselling||June 2020|
|11.||Document Verification||July 2020|
Karnataka CET 2020 Application Form
- The application form will be available from February 2020 to candidates on the online portal of Karnataka CET.
- The candidate should have scanned Photographs, Signature of the candidate, Signature of parents, and left-hand thumbprint of the candidate while filling the KCET online application 2020.
- Also, the candidate can do correction in the application form (if needed). The correction window will open in March 2020, provisionally.
Note: The Photographs should not be older than six months it should be a recent photograph. Also, the photograph should be in the prescribed format.
How to fill the KCET 2020 Application Form Online?
Following are the instructions to fill the application form.
- The candidate needs to navigate to the “Registration” page.
- Click on the “New user registration”.
- After entering all that information like Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Course, Mobile Number etc. After then, click on “Submit”.
- The applicant would receive the User ID and Password on the provided Email Address and Mobile number.
- Using them, the candidate must Log In to the official site of Karnataka Common Entrance Test.
- Aspirants must fill their educational qualification and other details.
- Click on ‘Save and Next’ after filling all the details.
- Then upload the Scanned documents i.e, a Photograph, Signature, Parent’s signature, the Left-hand thumbprint. The scanned documents must be in the format given in the table:
|Scanned Document||Dimensions||Size (in Kb)||Format|
|Photograph||3.5 cm*4.5 cm||50Kb – 200Kb||.jpg or JPEG|
|Candidate’s Signature||3.5 cm*1.5 cm||50Kb – 200Kb||.jpg or JPEG|
|Parent’ Signature||3.5 cm*1.5 cm||50Kb – 200Kb||.jpg or JPEG|
|Left-Hand Thumbprint||3.5 cm*1.5 cm||50Kb – 200Kb||.jpg or JPEG|
- Press the ‘Save and Next’ button to proceed.
- Next, comes the payment. Entrants can pay the amount in any Branches of Axis Bank, Bank of India, Central bank, State Bank of Mysore or Syndicate Bank.
- Applicants can pay the application fee via Challan, Demand Draft (DD), and DD must be drawn in the favour of:
Karnataka Examination Authority” Payable at Bangalore or Bengaluru.
|Categories of Applicants||Application Fee (in Rs.)|
|General & OBC||Rs. 500/-|
|SC/ST candidates of Karnataka||Rs. 250/-|
|Candidates residing outside of Karnataka||Rs. 750/-|
|Candidates residing outside of India||Rs. 5000/-|
Karnataka CET Eligibility Criteria 2020
Eligibility Criteria will help the candidates to understand if they may give the exam. Eligibility Criteria of KCET 2020 are the terms and conditions stated by KARNATAKA EXAMINATION AUTHORITY for the candidates who wish to apply for the Karnataka state entrance exam.
|1.||Nationality||Indian nationals, as well as NRI aspirants, can apply for Karnataka Common Entrance Test.|
|2.||Domicile||Domicile criteria must be fulfilled by every candidate as stated by KEA.|
|3.||Age Limit||Candidates should have completed 17 years of the academic year on or before 31st December 2016.|
Subject wise division of marks and subjects:
|BE/B.Tech||Passed 2nd PUC, 12th or equivalent exam.
Must have Physics, Mathematics, English along with Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Electronics/Computer subjects.
Must have obtained 45% (40% for reserved categories) in the above-mentioned subjects.
|B.Pharm||Passed 2nd PUC, 12th or equivalent exam with PCM or PCB group.
Should have secured 45% (40% for reserved categories) in the PCM or PCB group.
Diploma in Pharmacy candidates can also apply.
|MBBS/BDS||2nd PUC, 12th or equivalent exam passed with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects.
Minimum 50% marks (40% for reserved categories) in the PCB group.
Must have qualified NEET 2020 entrance test.
|B.Arch||2nd PUC, 12th or equivalent exam passed with Mathematics subject.
Minimum 50% marks (40% for reserved categories).
Should have a valid NATA scorecard.
|Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Unani, Naturopathy and Yoga||Passed 2nd PUC, 12th or equivalent exam with PCB and English subjects.
Minimum 50% marks (40% for reserved categories).
KCET 2020 Syllabus
The topics are listed in the highest to lowest weightage order just for the convenience of the candidate to help them know which topic needs more focus on the best results.
- Wave Optics
- Heat and thermodynamics
- Ray optics
- Modern physics
- Current electricity
- Electromagnetic induction
- Physics of nucleus
- Wave motion
- Solids and semiconductor devices
- Alternating current
- Heat and chemical effects
- Electromagnetic waves
- Principles of communication
- 3-D geometry
- Sets, relation, and functions
- Matrices determinants
- Indefinite integration
- Definite integration
- Complex numbers
- Theory of equation
- Permutation and combination
- Sequence and series
- Binomial theorem
- Continuity and differentiation
- Trigonometric ratio
- Principles and processes of extraction
- Carboxylic acids and its derivatives
- Aldehyde ketone
- Alcohol, phenol, ether
- 5th- block elements
- Alkanes, alkenes, and alkynes
- Mole concepts
- Chemical equilibrium
- Redox reaction
- Chemical kinetics
- General organic chemistry
- Ionic equilibrium
- Chemical bonding
- Periodic classification of elements
- Atomic structure
- P-block elements
- Coordination compound
- Transition elements
- Surface chemistry
- Nuclear chemistry
- Gaseous state
Karnataka Examinations Authority KEA 2020 Paper Pattern
The exam pattern for Karnataka Common Entrance Test.
- The test would have 180 MCQs.
- 60 questions each subject.
- Each correct answer will carry one mark and NO marks would be deducted.
- NO NEGATIVE MARKING SCHEME is there. i.e., no marks would be deducted for the incorrect response.
- The paper would be in 16 different versions and the candidate would have no choice of selection or change the paper.
The language of the Exam:
The exam will be conducted in ENGLISH language but the candidates would also be given a choice to attempt the exam in KANNADA language.
Mode of Exam:
- NO online mode of an exam will be conducted.
- The exam would be conducted in OFFLINE mode i.e. Pen-Paper mode.
- Each subject (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics) will be given 80 minutes.
- Although physics and chemistry would be on the same day while mathematics would be on a different day.
- Prepare a plan to cover all topics in the decided time. Give more weightage topics more time.
- Concentrate on the basics.
- Keep practising. This will enhance accuracy.
- Keep a track of time. Try solving each question in the least possible time.
- Make note of all important points from each chapter this comes handy in the final week of examination.
- Keep solving previous year question papers this specifies the candidate’s weak areas and also the problem-solving capacity in a given time.
How to Download KCET 2020 Admit Card for Engineering Courses?
The Hall Ticket for Karnataka Examinations Authority Common Entrance Test 2020:
- The Admit Card will be available to download for the candidates from April 2020.
- If candidates are not able to download the admit card from an official website, they can collect the admit card at the exam Center before the exam started.
- Admit card is available on the official web portal. (official link is given here).
Note: If the above situation arises the candidate must make sure to reach the examination Center 45 minutes before the exam timings.
Common Entrance Test 2020 Time Table
The timetable for Karnataka Common Entrance Test is given below on the basis of last year’s question paper.
|April 2020||10.30 am – 11.50 am||Biology||60|
|02.30 pm – 03.30 om||Mathematics||60|
|April 2020||10.30 am – 11.50 am||Physics||60|
|02.30 pm – 03.30 pm||Chemistry||60|
|May 2020||11.30 am to 12.30 pm||BOTH FOR HORANADU
KANNADIGA CANDIDATES (KANNADA LANGUAGE TEST – only in Bangalore)
Pro-Tips after getting the question paper in the Examination hall
- Go through the question paper. Just skim through it.
- The single tick in front of question which can be easily answered.
- Put a double-take on the question that can be solved but would take some time.
- And put a triple tick on the question that is tough and the candidate is doubtful to solve it or will require more time and concepts.
- Now while solving, solve the single marked questions first then the double marked and triple marked at the last.
- As there is no negative marking scheme, the questions which are too hard to be solved can be solved by guessing, but don’t leave the question unanswered.
KCET 2020 Cutoff
- The marks on which the admission procedure closes or no candidate below that marks can get into a course is the cutoff of that branch or course.
- No cut-off mark/ranks announced by KEA for admission into Undergraduate Engineering courses.
KCET 2020 Result
The result and merit list will be prepared by Karnataka Examination Authority. The rank/merit list will be prepared, on the basis of performance of the candidates in CET/NEET/NATA and the qualifying examination, by KEA. Whereas, PUC, Karnataka students don’t need to update to KEA with the copy of their 12th class marks cards as the department itself updates the marks of each student to KEA.
Official Website to check the KCET result is www.karresults.nic.in.
Result for Karnataka Common Entrance Test.
- Results will be available after the commencement of the exam.
- The results would be available on the official website of the Karnataka Examinations Authority.
- A candidate would require entering their application number and date of birth to check their results.
KCET 2020 Counselling
- The counselling dates will be available after the declaration of results.
- The counselling procedure would depend on the marks obtained by candidates
- There will be a minimum number of two rounds in Karnataka CET 2020 counselling.
Counselling process KCET 2020
- For the counselling, candidates have to register themselves.
- For seats, the candidates have to get the documents verified at help centres.
- After the verification of documents, the candidates obtain verification slips.
- The candidates can select the courses and colleges according to their choice.
Colleges Accepting KCET Score
Top 10 engineering participating colleges in KCET 2020 are mentioned below:
- Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur
- BVB College of Engg & Tech, Hubli
- National Institute of Engineering, Mysore
- RNS Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- B.M.S College of Engineering, Bull Temple Road, Bangalore
- MS Ramiah Institute of Tech, Bangalore
- Shri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysore
- Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- P.E.S. Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- JSS Academy of Technical Education, Bangalore
KCET Scholarships 2020
Candidates from financially backward criteria (SC/ ST/ OBC) can avail the scholarships offered by GOI for pursuing their higher education. The details of KCET Scholarships are given below:
Post Matric Scholarships for OBC Students
- This scholarship is for students who wish to pursue B.E, MBBS, BDS, MBA, MCA Ayurvedic, Homeopathy, Unani, etc (graduation & P.G. courses).
- They should belong to BC Categories under G.O. Dated: 30.3.2002 and must not have availed any other scholarship.
- Applicants must not be inmates of any government or government-aided hostels.
- Candidates can avail the scholarship forms from their respective college.
- The filled-in applications should be sent to the B.Cs. Extension Officer. The filled-in applications will be thoroughly scrutinized and the post metric scholarships are disbursed to the eligible students.
Merit Scholarship to College/Professional Institutions Students Belonging To SC/ST/OBC/Minorities
- Department of Welfare for SC/ST/OBC/Minorities disburse scholarships to students in four categories namely A, B, C and D.
- Candidates willing to pursue undergraduate or postgraduate professional courses like Engineering, Medicine, Ayurveda or Unani can apply for this scholarship scheme.
- It is open to both- hostellers and day scholars.
- The duration of the scholarship is based on the duration of the course.
- Income limit does not exist for the students who are availing this scholarship. However, for OBC candidates the income limit is Rs.1,00,000 per annum.
- To apply, you can contact your college Principal or visit the website of Department of SC/ST/OBC Welfare.
Brief Information About KCET
Name of Exam: Karnataka Common Entrance Test
Exam Conducting Body: Common Entrance Test Cell
Examination Date: 18-19 April 2020
Level of Exam: State Level
Official Website: www.kea.kar.nic.in
Courses– Medical, Dental, Indian Systems of Medicine and Homoeopathy, Engineering / Architecture courses, Farm science i.e, B.Sc. (Agriculture), B.Sc. (Sericulture), B.Sc (Horticulture), B.Sc(Forestry), B.Sc. AgriBioTech, BHSc.(Home Science), B.Tech (Agri.Engg), B.Tech (Food Technology), B.Tech (Dairy Tech), B.FSc (Fisheries), B.Tech (Food Science &Tech)., B.Sc. (Agri. Marketing & Co-Op), B-Pharma, Pharma-D courses.
Official Website Link: http://www.kea.kar.nic.in/index.html
“Stay Informed about EntranceZone latest updates and feature articles on KCET 2020.”
KCet 2020 login, kcet 2020 cancelled, kcet 2020 date, kcet 2020 registration, kcet 2020 application date, kcet 2020 exam date, kcet 2020 registration date, kcet 2020 application form date.