KCET 2020 Application Form Correction has been extended. KCET 2020 also known as the Karnataka Common Entrance Test is conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority(KEA). This exam is a state-level exam conducted every year to offer admission into the first year of engineering, agriculture, pharmacy & various other courses. Through this exam, candidates can get admission in the government and private institutions of the Karnataka state.
Upcoming Application Form
- Amity University Admissions Open Now Apply Now
- Reva University Bengaluru Admissions Open Apply Now
- Manipal Uni. 2020 Admissions Now Open Apply Now
- UPES Admissions 2020 Now Open Apply Now
- NIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Amrita University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- KIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- LPU University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Chandigarh University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
For architecture courses, admission will be done on the basis of JEE Main (Paper-2) and NATA exam. Interested candidates can go through the following article for detailed information regarding KCET 2020.
- KCET 2020 Application Form Correction has been extended until 31 May 2020. Click here>> Application Correction.
- KCET 2020 Exam dates has been released by KEA on 13 May 2020. And the exam will be conducted on 30-31 July 2020. Click here>> Exam Dates.
KCET 2020 Important Dates
Candidates can check the KCET 2020 important dates from the table given below:
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about KCET 2020: Application Correction (Till 31 May), Eligibility, Syllabus
|Starting of application form||05 February 2020|
|Closing of application form||02 March 2020|
|Application Form Again||08 – 18 May 2020|
|Last date of payment of application fee||18 May 2020|
|Application form filling window (second chance)||07 – 16 March 2020|
|Application correction||20 – 31 May 2020|
|Availability of admit card||–|
|Date of examination||30-31 July 2020
|Announcement of result||–|
|Commencement of counselling||–|
Karnataka CET 2020 Application Form
The detailed information regarding KCET application form 2020 is given below:
- KCET 2020 application form again available from 08 May 2020.
- KEA released the application form on the official website.
- The last date to fill the application form for KCET exam is 18 May 2020.
- The candidate should have scanned photographs, signature and left-hand thumb impression while filling the registration form.
- Also, the candidate can do correction in the application form (if needed).
- The correction window is available from 20 May 2020.
Note: The photographs should not be older than six months it should be a recent photograph. Also, the photograph should be in the JPEG format.
KCET 2020 Application Form Correction
The details regarding the KCET Application form correction are mentioned below:
- The KCET application form correction facility will be started on 20 May 2020.
- The application form correction facility is available through online mode only.
- Candidates can do the correction from the official website.
- The last date of the correction window is 31 May 2020 (Extended).
- The facility for correction in the application form is provided for particular fields only.
KCET Application Fee
The details regarding the application fee are given below:
|Categories of Applicants||Application Fee (in Rs.)|
|General & OBC||Rs. 500/-|
|SC/ST candidates of Karnataka||Rs. 250/-|
|Candidates residing outside of Karnataka||Rs. 750/-|
|Candidates residing outside of India||Rs. 5000/-|
Mode of payment: Candidates can pay the application fee through online mode or offline mode.
- Online mode: Applicant can pay their fee via:
- Credit card
- Debit card
- Net banking
- Offline mode: Offline payment can be done by DD in favour of Karnataka Examination Authority” payable at Bangalore or Bengaluru.
How to fill the KCET 2020 Application Form Online?
Candidate can fill the KCET 2020 Application form by the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website.
- Then, the candidate needs to open the “Registration” page.
- Click on the “New user registration”.
- After entering all that information like name, gender, date of birth, course, mobile number etc. After then, click on “Submit”.
- The applicant would receive the user id and password on the provided email address and Mobile number.
- Using them, the candidate must Log In to the official site of Karnataka Common Entrance Test.
- Filling the Details
- Aspirants must fill their educational qualification and other details.
- The detail should be in the prescribed format only.
- Click on ‘Save and Next’ after filling all the details.
- Uploading Documents
- Then upload the Scanned documents i.e, a photograph, signature, parent’s signature, the left-hand thumb impression.
The scanned documents must be in the format given in the table:
|Scanned Document||Dimensions||Size (in Kb)||Format|
|Photograph||3.5 cm*4.5 cm||50Kb – 200Kb||.jpg or JPEG|
|Candidate’s Signature||3.5 cm*1.5 cm||50Kb – 200Kb||.jpg or JPEG|
|Parent’ Signature||3.5 cm*1.5 cm||50Kb – 200Kb||.jpg or JPEG|
|Left-Hand Thumbprint||3.5 cm*1.5 cm||50Kb – 200Kb||.jpg or JPEG|
- Press the ‘Save and Next’ button to proceed.
- Fee Payment
- Candidates may pay the amount in any Branches of Axis Bank, Bank of India, Central bank, State Bank of Mysore or Syndicate Bank.
- Applicants can pay the application fee via Challan, demand draft (DD)
- The DD must be drawn in the favour of:
- “Executive Director,
- Karnataka Examination Authority” Payable at Bangalore or Bengaluru.
Note: Download the KCET English Information Bulletin here.
Karnataka CET Eligibility Criteria 2020
The details regarding the KCET Eligibility Criteria 2020 is given in the table below.
|Nationality||Indian nationals, as well as NRI aspirants, can apply for Karnataka Common Entrance Test.|
|Domicile||Domicile criteria must be fulfilled by every candidate as stated by KEA.|
Note: Candidates are requested to go through the eligibility criteria before filling the application form.
The Course wise eligibility criteria details are mentioned below:
|BE/B.Tech||Passed 2nd PUC, 12th or equivalent exam.
Must have Physics, Mathematics, English along with Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Electronics/Computer subjects.
Must have obtained 45% (40% for reserved categories) in the above-mentioned subjects.
|B.Pharm||Passed 2nd PUC, 12th or equivalent exam with PCM or PCB group.
Should have secured 45% (40% for reserved categories) in the PCM or PCB group.
Diploma in Pharmacy candidates can also apply.
|MBBS/BDS||2nd PUC, 12th or equivalent exam passed with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects.
Minimum 50% marks (40% for reserved categories) in the PCB group.
Must have qualified NEET 2020 entrance test.
|B.Arch||2nd PUC, 12th or equivalent exam passed with Mathematics subject.
Minimum 50% marks (40% for reserved categories).
Should have a valid NATA scorecard.
|Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Unani, Naturopathy and Yoga||Passed 2nd PUC, 12th or equivalent exam with PCB and English subjects.
Minimum 50% marks (40% for reserved categories).
It is the latest information by the official notification from the authority. Candidates can visit this page for detail information.
Karnataka CET 2020 Paper Pattern
The details regarding the KCET Exam Pattern 2020 is given below:
- Exam mode: The exam will be in offline mode (OMR mode) only.
- Number of Questions: The test would have 180 MCQs.
- Questions in each subject: 60 questions each subject.
- Language of Exam: The exam will be in English and Kannada language.
- Marking scheme: Each correct answer will carry one mark and NO marks would be deducted for the wrong answer.
- Exam Duration: Each subject (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics) will be given 80 minutes.
- Although physics and chemistry would be on the same day while mathematics would be on a different day.
- The paper would be in 16 different versions and the candidate would have no choice of selection or change the paper.
KCET 2020 Syllabus
The vital details regarding the KCET 2020 Syllabus are given below:
- The KCET syllabus is set by the KEA only.
- The question papers of the KCET exam is based on the first and second PUC syllabus prescribed by the Department of Pre-University Education of the Karnataka State.
- The syllabus generally consists of Physics, chemistry, mathematics, biology etc as per the applied course.
- The syllabus is different for different courses that come under the exam.
- Candidates can view the complete syllabus on the official website.
How to Prepare for KCET 2020?
The vital information regarding KCET 2020 Preparation Tips is given below:
- Prepare a plan to cover all topics in the decided time. Give more weightage topics more time.
- Concentrate on the basics.
- To enhance one’s accuracy, the candidate must practice on a daily basis.
- Keep a track of time. Try solving each question in the least possible time.
- Make note of all important points from each chapter this comes handy in the final week of examination.
- Keep solving previous year question papers this specifies the candidate’s weak areas and also the problem-solving capacity in a given time.
KCET 2020 Admit Card
The complete information regarding KCET 2020 admit card is given below:
- The KCET admit card release date is June 2020.
- The hall ticket will be released on the official website of KCET Authority.
- The candidate will need to enter their login id and password to download the admit card.
- The following details are mentioned on the admit card. i.e. name, roll number, examination centre, etc.
Note: If the above situation arises the candidate must make sure to reach the examination centre 45 minutes before the exam timings.
Common Entrance Test 2020 Time Table
The timetable for Karnataka Common Entrance Test is given below on the basis of last year’s question paper.
|30 July 2020||10.30 am – 11.50 am||Biology||60|
|02.30 pm – 03.50 pm||Mathematics||60|
|30 July 2020||10.30 am – 11.50 am||Physics||60|
|02.30 pm – 03.50 pm||Chemistry||60|
|31 July 2020||11.30 am to 12.30 pm||Both for Horanadu and Gadinadu Kannadiga candidates (Kannada Language Test- only in Bangalore)||50|
This information is released by the Karnataka Examination Authority.
Pro-Tips after getting the question paper in the Examination hall
The tips after getting the question paper are given below:
- Go through the question paper. Just skim through it.
- The single tick in front of questions that are easy.
- Put a double-take on the question that can be solved but would take some time.
- And put a triple tick on the question that is tough and the candidate is doubtful to solve it or will require more time and concepts.
- Now while solving, solve the single marked questions first then the double marked and triple marked at the last.
- As there is no negative marking scheme, the questions which are too hard to be solved can be solved by guessing, but don’t leave the question unanswered.
KCET 2020 Cutoff
The detailed information regarding Karnataka Common Entrance Test is given below:
- The marks on which the admission procedure closes or no candidate below that marks can get into a course is the cutoff of that branch or course.
- No cut-off mark/ranks announced by KEA for admission into Undergraduate Engineering courses.
KCET 2020 Result
The details regarding the KCET 2020 result is given below:
- KCET result release date is in June 2020.
- Candidates can check the result on the official website.
- The Karnataka Examination Authority prepares the result and merit list.
- A candidate will need to enter their application number and date of birth to check their results.
Official Website to check the KCET result is www.karresults.nic.in.
KCET 2020 Counselling
The details regarding the KCET 2020 Counselling are given below:
- The counselling dates will be available after the declaration of results.
- The counselling procedure would depend on the marks obtained by candidates.
- There will be a minimum number of two rounds in Karnataka CET 2020 counselling.
- For the counselling, candidates have to register themselves.
- For seats, the candidates have to get the documents verified at help centres.
- After the verification of documents, the candidates obtain verification slips.
- The candidates can select the courses and colleges according to their choice.
Colleges Accepting KCET Score
Top 10 engineering participating colleges in KCET 2020 are mentioned below:
- Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur
- BVB College of Engg & Tech, Hubli
- National Institute of Engineering, Mysore
- RNS Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- B.M.S College of Engineering, Bull Temple Road, Bangalore
- MS Ramiah Institute of Tech, Bangalore
- Shri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysore
- Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- P.E.S. Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- JSS Academy of Technical Education, Bangalore
KCET Scholarships 2020
Candidates from financially backward criteria (SC/ ST/ OBC) can avail the scholarships offered by GOI for pursuing their higher education. The details of KCET Scholarships are given below:
Post Matric Scholarships for OBC Students
- This scholarship is for students who wish to pursue B.E, MBBS, BDS, MBA, MCA Ayurvedic, Homeopathy, Unani, etc (graduation & P.G. courses).
- They should belong to BC Categories under G.O. Dated: 30.3.2002 and must not have availed any other scholarship.
- Applicants must not be inmates of any government or government-aided hostels.
- Candidates can avail the scholarship forms from their respective college.
- The applications have to be sent to the B.Cs. Extension Officer.
- The applications will be thoroughly scrutinized and the post metric scholarships are disbursed to the eligible students.
Merit Scholarship to College/Professional Institutions Students Belonging To SC/ST/OBC/Minorities
- Department of Welfare for SC/ST/OBC/Minorities disburse scholarships to students in four categories namely A, B, C and D.
- Candidates willing to pursue undergraduate or postgraduate professional courses like Engineering, Medicine, Ayurveda or Unani can apply for this scholarship scheme.
- It is open to both- hostellers and day scholars.
- The duration of the scholarship is based on the duration of the course.
- Income limit does not exist for the students who are availing this scholarship. However, for OBC candidates the income limit is Rs.1,00,000 per annum.
- To apply, you can contact your college Principal or visit the website of Department of SC/ST/OBC Welfare.
Courses Offered by KCET Exam
The courses that are under the KCET exam are given below:
- B.Tech (Agriculture Engineering, Food Technology, Dairy Technology, Food Science & Technology)
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry
- B.Sc (Agriculture, Sericulture, Horticulture, Forestry), B.Sc Agri Bio-Technology
- B.Sc. (home science)
- B.F.Sc. (Fisheries)
- B.Sc (Agri. Marketing & Co-Op)
- AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani and Homoeopathy)
KCET 2020 Highlights
The overview of the Karnataka Common Entrance Exam for the year 2020-21 is given below:
|Exam Name||Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET)|
|Conducting By||Karnataka Examination Authority|
|Level||State Level Entrance Examination|
|Exam Purpose||To provide admission into the engineering (B.Tech) & professional courses in the state of Karnataka.|
Official Website Link: https://cetonline.karnataka.gov.in/kea/
“Stay Informed about EntranceZone latest updates and feature articles on KCET 2020.”
kcet 2020 syllabus pdf, kcet 2020 application form last date, eligibility clause code for kcet 2020, kcet colleges, kea 2020 brochure.