KCET 2020 Application Form has been released on 05 February 2020. KCET 2020 also is known as the Karnataka Common Entrance Test. It is conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority(KEA). This exam is a state-level exam. KCET exam is conducted to offer admission into the first year of engineering, agriculture, pharmacy & various other courses. The exam for mathematics/biology will be conducted on 22 April 2020 and for physics and chemistry will be conducted on 23 April 2020. For architecture courses, admission will be done on the basis of JEE Main (Paper-2) and NATA exam. Interested candidates can go through the following article for detailed information regarding KCET 2020.
Upcoming Application Form
- Amity University Admissions Open Now Apply Now
- Reva University Bengaluru Admissions Open Apply Now
- Manipal Uni. 2020 Admissions Now Open Apply Now
- UPES Admissions 2020 Now Open Apply Now
- NIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Amrita University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- KIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- LPU University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Chandigarh University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- KCET 2020 Online Application Form has been released on 05 February 2020. Click here>> Application Form.
- KCET 2020 Exam Dates has been released and the exams will be conducted on 22 – 23 April 2020. Click here>> Exam Dates.
KCET 2020 Important Dates
Candidates can check KCET 2020 important dates from the table given below
|1.||Availability Of Application Form||05 February 2020|
|2.||Last Date Of Submission Of Completely Filled Form||02 March 2020|
|3.||Last Date for Fee Payment||06 March 2020|
|4.||Application Form Correction Date||19 – 25 March 2020 (till 5:30 PM)|
|5.||Availability of Admit Card||10 April 2020|
|6.||K-CET Exam Dates (Biology & Mathematics)
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about KCET 2020: Karnataka CET Application Form (Released), Eligibility
K-CET Exam Dates (Physics & Chemistry)
Kannada Language(only in Bangalore)
Practical Examination for Agriculturist
|22 April 2020(announced)
23 April 2020(announced)
24 April 2020
13 May – 15 May 2020
|7.||Kannada Language Test Date (For Haranadu and Gadinadu Students)||24 April 2020|
|8.||Release of Answer Key||Third Week of May 2020|
|9.||KCET Result||Last week of May 2020|
|10.||KCET Counselling||June 2020|
|11.||Document Verification||July 2020|
Karnataka CET 2020 Application Form
The detailed information regarding KCET application form 2020 is given below:
- The application form is available from 05 February 2020.
- KCET application form has been released on the official website of the conducting body.
- The candidate should have scanned photographs, signature, signature of parents, and left-hand thumb impression while filling the registration form.
- Also, the candidate can do correction in the application form (if needed). The correction window will open from 19 March 2020.
Note: The photographs should not be older than six months it should be a recent photograph. Also, the photograph should be in the JPEG format.
Application Fee of KCET
The category wise application fee is given below:
|Categories of Applicants||Application Fee (in Rs.)|
|General & OBC||Rs. 500/-|
|SC/ST candidates of Karnataka||Rs. 250/-|
|Candidates residing outside of Karnataka||Rs. 750/-|
|Candidates residing outside of India||Rs. 5000/-|
Mode of payment: Payment can be done through online mode or offline mode.
Online mode: Applicant can pay their fee by credit card, debit card or net banking.
Offline mode: Offline payment can be done by DD in favour of Karnataka Examination Authority” Payable at Bangalore or Bengaluru
How to fill the KCET 2020 Application Form Online?
Following are the instructions to fill the application form.
- The candidate needs to navigate to the “Registration” page.
- Click on the “New user registration”.
- After entering all that information like name, gender, date of birth, course, mobile number etc. After then, click on “Submit”.
- The applicant would receive the user id and password on the provided email address and Mobile number.
- Using them, the candidate must Log In to the official site of Karnataka Common Entrance Test.
- Aspirants must fill their educational qualification and other details.
- Click on ‘Save and Next’ after filling all the details.
- Then upload the Scanned documents i.e, a photograph, signature, parent’s signature, the left-hand thumb impression. The scanned documents must be in the format given in the table:
|Scanned Document||Dimensions||Size (in Kb)||Format|
|Photograph||3.5 cm*4.5 cm||50Kb – 200Kb||.jpg or JPEG|
|Candidate’s Signature||3.5 cm*1.5 cm||50Kb – 200Kb||.jpg or JPEG|
|Parent’ Signature||3.5 cm*1.5 cm||50Kb – 200Kb||.jpg or JPEG|
|Left-Hand Thumbprint||3.5 cm*1.5 cm||50Kb – 200Kb||.jpg or JPEG|
- Press the ‘Save and Next’ button to proceed.
- Next, comes the payment. Entrants can pay the amount in any Branches of Axis Bank, Bank of India, Central bank, State Bank of Mysore or Syndicate Bank.
- Applicants can pay the application fee via Challan, demand draft (DD), and DD must be drawn in the favour of:
Karnataka Examination Authority” Payable at Bangalore or Bengaluru.
Note: Download the KCET English Information Bulletin here.
Karnataka CET Eligibility Criteria 2020
KCET Eligibility Criteria 2020 is given below. Candidates are requested to go through the eligibility criteria before filling the application form.
|Nationality||Indian nationals, as well as NRI aspirants, can apply for Karnataka Common Entrance Test.|
|Domicile||Domicile criteria must be fulfilled by every candidate as stated by KEA.|
Subject wise division of marks and subjects:
|BE/B.Tech||Passed 2nd PUC, 12th or equivalent exam.
Must have Physics, Mathematics, English along with Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Electronics/Computer subjects.
Must have obtained 45% (40% for reserved categories) in the above-mentioned subjects.
|B.Pharm||Passed 2nd PUC, 12th or equivalent exam with PCM or PCB group.
Should have secured 45% (40% for reserved categories) in the PCM or PCB group.
Diploma in Pharmacy candidates can also apply.
|MBBS/BDS||2nd PUC, 12th or equivalent exam passed with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects.
Minimum 50% marks (40% for reserved categories) in the PCB group.
Must have qualified NEET 2020 entrance test.
|B.Arch||2nd PUC, 12th or equivalent exam passed with Mathematics subject.
Minimum 50% marks (40% for reserved categories).
Should have a valid NATA scorecard.
|Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Unani, Naturopathy and Yoga||Passed 2nd PUC, 12th or equivalent exam with PCB and English subjects.
Minimum 50% marks (40% for reserved categories).
This information is the latest updated information as notifies by the official. Candidates can visit this page for detail information as notifies by the officials
Karnataka CET 2020 Paper Pattern
KCET Exam Pattern 2020 is given below:
- The test would have 180 MCQs.
- 60 questions each subject.
- Each correct answer will carry one mark and NO marks would be deducted.
- NO NEGATIVE MARKING SCHEME is there. i.e., no marks would be deducted for the incorrect response.
- The paper would be in 16 different versions and the candidate would have no choice of selection or change the paper.
The language of the Exam:
The exam will be conducted in the English language but the candidates would also be given a choice to attempt the exam in the Kannada language.
Mode of Exam:
- No online mode of an exam will be conducted.
- The exam would be conducted in OFFLINE mode i.e. Pen-Paper mode.
- Each subject (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics) will be given 80 minutes.
- Although physics and chemistry would be on the same day while mathematics would be on a different day.
KCET 2020 Syllabus
The topics are listed in the highest to lowest weightage order just for the convenience of the candidate to help them know which topic needs more focus based on the syllabus mentioned below.
- Wave Optics
- Heat and thermodynamics
- Ray optics
- Modern physics
- Current electricity
- Electromagnetic induction
- Physics of nucleus
- Wave motion
- Solids and semiconductor devices
- Alternating current
- Heat and chemical effects
- Electromagnetic waves
- Principles of communication
- 3-D geometry
- Sets, relation, and functions
- Matrices determinants
- Indefinite integration
- Definite integration
- Complex numbers
- Theory of equation
- Permutation and combination
- Sequence and series
- Binomial theorem
- Continuity and differentiation
- Trigonometric ratio
- Principles and processes of extraction
- Carboxylic acids and its derivatives
- Aldehyde ketone
- Alcohol, phenol, ether
- 5th- block elements
- Alkanes, alkenes, and alkynes
- Mole concepts
- Chemical equilibrium
- Redox reaction
- Chemical kinetics
- General organic chemistry
- Ionic equilibrium
- Chemical bonding
- Periodic classification of elements
- Atomic structure
- P-block elements
- Coordination compound
- Transition elements
- Surface chemistry
- Nuclear chemistry
- Gaseous state
KCET 2020 Preparation Tips
The vital information regarding KCET 2020 Preparation Tips is given below:
- Prepare a plan to cover all topics in the decided time. Give more weightage topics more time.
- Concentrate on the basics.
- To enhance one’s accuracy, the candidate must practice on a daily basis.
- Keep a track of time. Try solving each question in the least possible time.
- Make note of all important points from each chapter this comes handy in the final week of examination.
- Keep solving previous year question papers this specifies the candidate’s weak areas and also the problem-solving capacity in a given time.
KCET 2020 Admit Card
The complete information regarding KCET 2020 admit card is given below:
- The admit card will be released on 10 April 2020.
- The hall ticket will be released on the official website of Karnataka Examination Authority.
- The following details are mentioned on the admit card. i.e. name, roll number, examination centre, etc.
Note: If the above situation arises the candidate must make sure to reach the examination centre 45 minutes before the exam timings.
Common Entrance Test 2020 Time Table
The timetable for Karnataka Common Entrance Test is given below on the basis of last year’s question paper.
|22 April 2020||10.30 am – 11.50 am||Biology||60|
|02.30 pm – 03.50 pm||Mathematics||60|
|23 April 2020||10.30 am – 11.50 am||Physics||60|
|02.30 pm – 03.50 pm||Chemistry||60|
|24 April 2020||11.30 am to 12.30 pm||Both for Horanadu and Gadinadu Kannadiga candidates (Kannada Language Test- only in Bangalore)||50|
This information is released by the Karnataka Examination Authority.
Pro-Tips after getting the question paper in the Examination hall
The tips after getting the question paper are given below:
- Go through the question paper. Just skim through it.
- The single tick in front of question which can be easily answered.
- Put a double-take on the question that can be solved but would take some time.
- And put a triple tick on the question that is tough and the candidate is doubtful to solve it or will require more time and concepts.
- Now while solving, solve the single marked questions first then the double marked and triple marked at the last.
- As there is no negative marking scheme, the questions which are too hard to be solved can be solved by guessing, but don’t leave the question unanswered.
KCET 2020 Cutoff
The detailed information regarding Karnataka Common Entrance Test is given below:
- The marks on which the admission procedure closes or no candidate below that marks can get into a course is the cutoff of that branch or course.
- No cut-off mark/ranks announced by KEA for admission into Undergraduate Engineering courses.
KCET 2020 Result
The result and merit list will be prepared by the Karnataka Examination Authority and will be available on the official website. A candidate would require entering their application number and date of birth to check their results.
The rank/merit list will be prepared, on the basis of performance of the candidates in CET/NEET/NATA and the qualifying examination, by KEA. Whereas, PUC, Karnataka students don’t need to update to KEA with the copy of their 12th class marks cards as the department itself updates the marks of each student to KEA.
Official Website to check the KCET result is www.karresults.nic.in.
KCET 2020 Counselling
The counselling dates will be available after the declaration of results. The counselling procedure would depend on the marks obtained by candidates. There will be a minimum number of two rounds in Karnataka CET 2020 counselling.
Counselling process KCET 2020
Candidates can check the counselling process of KCET 2020 through the below-given points
- For the counselling, candidates have to register themselves.
- For seats, the candidates have to get the documents verified at help centres.
- After the verification of documents, the candidates obtain verification slips.
- The candidates can select the courses and colleges according to their choice.
Colleges Accepting KCET Score
Top 10 engineering participating colleges in KCET 2020 are mentioned below:
- Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur
- BVB College of Engg & Tech, Hubli
- National Institute of Engineering, Mysore
- RNS Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- B.M.S College of Engineering, Bull Temple Road, Bangalore
- MS Ramiah Institute of Tech, Bangalore
- Shri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysore
- Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- P.E.S. Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- JSS Academy of Technical Education, Bangalore
KCET Scholarships 2020
Candidates from financially backward criteria (SC/ ST/ OBC) can avail the scholarships offered by GOI for pursuing their higher education. The details of KCET Scholarships are given below:
Post Matric Scholarships for OBC Students
- This scholarship is for students who wish to pursue B.E, MBBS, BDS, MBA, MCA Ayurvedic, Homeopathy, Unani, etc (graduation & P.G. courses).
- They should belong to BC Categories under G.O. Dated: 30.3.2002 and must not have availed any other scholarship.
- Applicants must not be inmates of any government or government-aided hostels.
- Candidates can avail the scholarship forms from their respective college.
- The filled-in applications should be sent to the B.Cs. Extension Officer. The filled-in applications will be thoroughly scrutinized and the post metric scholarships are disbursed to the eligible students.
Merit Scholarship to College/Professional Institutions Students Belonging To SC/ST/OBC/Minorities
- Department of Welfare for SC/ST/OBC/Minorities disburse scholarships to students in four categories namely A, B, C and D.
- Candidates willing to pursue undergraduate or postgraduate professional courses like Engineering, Medicine, Ayurveda or Unani can apply for this scholarship scheme.
- It is open to both- hostellers and day scholars.
- The duration of the scholarship is based on the duration of the course.
- Income limit does not exist for the students who are availing this scholarship. However, for OBC candidates the income limit is Rs.1,00,000 per annum.
- To apply, you can contact your college Principal or visit the website of Department of SC/ST/OBC Welfare.
KCET 2020 Highlights
The overview of the Karnataka Common Entrance Exam for the year 2020-21 is given below:
|Exam Name||Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET)|
|Conducting By||Karnataka Examination Authority|
|Level||State Level Entrance Examination|
|Exam Purpose||To provide admission into the engineering (B.Tech) & professional courses in the state of Karnataka.|
Courses– Medical, Dental, Indian Systems of Medicine and Homoeopathy, Engineering / Architecture courses, Farm science i.e, B.Sc. (Agriculture), B.Sc. (Sericulture), B.Sc (Horticulture), B.Sc(Forestry), B.Sc. AgriBioTech, BHSc.(Home Science), B.Tech (Agri.Engg), B.Tech (Food Technology), B.Tech (Dairy Tech), B.FSc (Fisheries), B.Tech (Food Science &Tech)., B.Sc. (Agri. Marketing & Co-Op), B-Pharma, Pharma-D courses.
Official Website Link: https://cetonline.karnataka.gov.in/kea/
“Stay Informed about EntranceZone latest updates and feature articles on KCET 2020.”
kcet 2020 date, kcet 2020 application form date, kcet 2020 registration date, kcet 2020 b.tech syllabus, kcet 2020 syllabus pdf, kcet 2020 eligibility, karnataka cet 2020 application form, kea cet 2020