Vels Entrance Examination (VEE 2020) is a University Level Entrance Examination managed by the Vels University. The VELS University Entrance Examination Application Form will be released in December 2019. Whereas, this exam is organized for admission in professional courses such as Engineering, Pharmacy, Management, etc. offered by the University. Candidates have to fill the application form successfully so that they can appear in the examination. Further, only qualified candidates can seek admission. Vels University is NAAC Accredited and VISTAS (VELS Group) recently completed 25 years. Further, here, is all the information about Vels Entrance Exam 2020 including Result, Counselling, etc., read about VEE 2020 Application form, Schedule, Syllabus etc in the article below.
Courses Offered at Vels University
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- B.Tech in Information Technology – with specialisation in Mobile & Cloud-Based Application (in association with IBM)
- B.Tech Biotechnology
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Construction Engineering & Management
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- Automobile Engineering
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cloud, Mobility & Big Data – in association with IBM
VEE 2020 Important Dates
For reference purpose, we have mentioned all the important tentative dates below. Moreover, for any further information refer to the official website of the University.
|Commencement of Registration Process||last week of December 2019|
|Last date to fill the Application Form||Fourth week of April 2020|
|Availability of Admit Card||First week of May 2020|
|Examination Date||Second week May 2020|
|Result Announcement||First week of June 2020|
How to fill the VEE Application Form 2020?
VELS University has published the following steps to fill the Online VEE Application & Registration Form.
- Applicants can purchase the VEE Application form either offline or online mode.
- Also, VEE 2020 Application Form will be issued soon.
- Therefore, Candidates can download the form from the website & fill it.
- However, candidates must send the filled application along with DD at the below address.
- Candidates can fill & submit the application form through online mode from the website.
- On the contrary, Candidates can get the application via post by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope along with DD of Rs. 600/-. Furthermore, Candidates can also get the form from the Office of Vels University, Chennai. Accordingly, Candidates have to fill the application & send it along with Demand Draft of Rs. 300/- to the below address.
Velan Nagar, P.V. Vaithiyalingam Road
Important Exam Update
- Updates Regarding JEE Main 2020
Pallavaram, Chennai – 600 117
- The application fee is Non-refundable.
- Fee Payment Mode: Online (Credit/Debit Card/Net banking) or Offline
VEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The VEE 2020 eligibility criteria are decided by Vels University. The following are the VEE Eligibility Criteria.
1. Age Criteria:
Lower Age Limit: The lower age limit is 17 years.
Upper Age Limit: The upper age limit should be 25 years.
Candidate must be a Citizen of India.
3. Qualification Criteria:
Eligibility criteria for different courses vary. Go through the information here to find out the required academic qualifications for the different courses.
For UG Engineering Course
The Eligibility criteria for B.Tech at VELS University are listed here.
- Qualifying Exam: Applicant should pass class 12 or equivalent from a Recognised Board.
- Subjects: Applicant must qualify the examination in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Minimum Marks: However, the Applicant must obtain a minimum of 50% marks in the qualifying exam.
- 12th appearing candidates are also eligible to apply.
For M.Tech Course
- Qualifying Exam: Applicant must pass B.E/B.Tech degree from a recognised University.
For B.Pharma & Pharm. D Course
- Qualifying Exam: Pass the 10+2 or equivalent from any recognised Board.
- Subjects: Applicants have to pass the qualifying examination in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology/Botany & Zoology.
For MBA Course
- Qualifying Exam: However, Applicant must clear the Bachelor Degree under 10+2+3 from a Recognised University and High School.
- Minimum marks: Applicant has to secure at least 50% marks in the above examination.
For MCA Course
- Qualifying Exam: Applicants must hold a Bachelor Degree in Mathematics at Degree level or Intermediate level.
VEE 2020 Admit Card
VEE 2020 Admit Card will be available from the first week of May 2020. Applicants can download the admit card through online mode from the website. The admit card contains the information such as a name of the candidate, address of exam centre, roll number, time and date of examination, etc. Candidates should carry the admit card to the exam venue. Without admit card, no candidate will be allowed to give the exam. Also, carry a govt. ID proof to the exam centre along with the admit card. Admit card will be required during later stages of the admission process. Therefore, keep it safe.
VEE 2020 Exam Centres
- VEE 2020 will be conducted in 24 cities across the country.
- Candidates can choose 3 centres as per their preference.
- Exam centre once allotted will not be changed under any circumstances.
The list of VEE 2020 exam centres are given below:
|Andhra Pradesh||Hyderabad||New Delhi||New Delhi|
VEE 2020 Exam Pattern
VEE 2020 Exam Pattern is briefly described here.
- Exam Duration: The duration of the exam will be 1 Hour 30 Min.
- Type of Question: Objective type questions.
- No. of Questions: 100 questions.
- Marking Scheme: Correct answers score one mark.
VEE Syllabus 2020
The syllabus for VELS University Entrance Exam is yet to be released. Whereas the following given syllabus is fetched from last year Information brochure.
- The syllabus of Engineering program is consists of Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, General Knowledge and Fundamentals of Computing.
- Furthermore, MBA Syllabus contains topics of Language Comprehension, Analytical skill, Mathematical skill, Intelligence and critical reasoning & Global Environment.
- Candidate should strengthen their concepts in whichever subject they are preparing for. Merely mugging up will not be of any help.
- Try to cover the whole of the syllabus and revise also for better results in the exam. Practising mock question papers might also help.
VEE 2020 Result
Candidates would be able to check the VEE 2020 Result through online mode. The result will be declared in the first week of June 2020. Therefore, After the result declaration, a separate merit list will be prepared based on marks secured by the applicants. They should keep in mind that results will not be sent by post. Candidates should regularly check the official website or our page for an update concerning the result.
Cut Off Marks
Cutoff marks will be made available for different courses through online mode. This cut off list will consist of minimum marks that a student must secure for the counselling round. A candidate scoring more than Cut off will be declared as a qualified candidate.
VEE 2020 Counselling
- Once the results are announced, applicants will be invited for the counselling process.
- The admission to various professional courses will be given specifically based on marks obtained in the examination.
- Therefore, Candidates will be invited for the counselling procedure based on the merit list.
- Also, Aspirants who are applying for the MBA course, have to appear in the Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds.
- Consequently, After completion of the counselling process, candidates have to report to the allotted centre with all the necessary documents.
- Candidates should carry all their mark sheets and certificates.
- Also, they should bring documents verifying their Reserved category.
- Further, proof of date of birth and passport-sized photographs should also be carried to the counselling process.
- Furthermore, it is advisable to carry photocopied sets of all the documents as those will be required during the admission process.
VEE MBA 2020 Fee Structure
The fee structure for the session 2019-20 is expected to remain the same. However, if any change comes up, it will be updated here.
|Program||Program Duration (Yrs)||Tuition Fee Per Semester|
|B.E., Computer Science & Engineering||4 Years (8 Semesters)||Rs. 45,000/-|
|B.E., Electronics & Communication Engineering||4 Years (8 Semesters)||Rs. 45,000/-|
|B.Tech., IT ( Cloud & Mobile Based Application Development) in association with IBM||4 Years (8 Semesters)||Rs. 67,500/-|
|B.E., Electrical & Electrical Engineering||4 Years (8 Semesters)||Rs. 40,000/-|
|B.E., Mechanical Engineering||4 Years (8 Semesters)||Rs. 55,000/-|
|B.E., Automobile Engineering||4 Yrs (8 Semesters)||Rs. 40,000/-|
|B.E., Civil Engineering||4 Years (8 Semesters)||Rs. 50,000/-|
|B.Tech., Biotechnology||4 Years (8 Semesters)||Rs. 45,000/-|
|B.E., Biomedical Engineering||4 Years (8 Semesters)||Rs. 45,000/-|
|B.E., Mechatronics||4 Years (8 Semesters)||Rs. 50,000/-|
VEE 2020 Highlights
Name of Examination
|Vels Entrance Examination (VEE 2020)|
Commonly Known As
|Exam Conducting Body||VELS University|
Purpose of Exam
|Admissions in Engineering And management|
Mode of Examination
1 Hour 30 Minutes
VEE 2020 Entrance Exam official Link
Finally, Vels University Official website can be accessed from here. Stay tuned to Entrancezone for all the updates regarding VEE 2020.
vee exam 2020, vee 2020 dates, vee exam 2018, vels university entrance exam model question paper, dsat 2019, vels entrance exam 2020, vels university entrance exam 2019, vels university entrance exam 2018.